Page 597 of 656 FirstFirst ... 97 497 547 587 595 596 597 598 599 607 647 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,925 of 16377

Thread: MDS pets

Oh goodness they look precious! That event sounds like it was a ton of fun.

My husky is totally in asshole.

He broke out of his crate today while we were at work. He's never done this before and usually loves his crate, so my SO was completely surprised when he came home and was greeted at the door by him. I have to say though, I'm very impressed that the house wasn't totally destroyed since he can be a little devil when he's not directly supervised. He seemed to just move his toys and his dog bed around the living area. He also took one of my shirts and jackets out of the hamper and moved it into his cage, most likely in an attempt to frame me

He broke out of his crate today while we were at work. He's never done this before and usually loves his crate, so my SO was completely surprised when he came home and was greeted at the door by him. I have to say though, I'm very impressed that the house wasn't totally destroyed since he can be a little devil when he's not directly supervised. He seemed to just move his toys and his dog bed around the living area. He also took one of my shirts and jackets out of the hamper and moved it into his cage, most likely in an attempt to frame me

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoberT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Dbl. *sigh*

I'm curious, why do people keep their dogs in crates? It's not something done where I live, I didn't even know it was a thing until Jenelle on teen mom was losing her shit over them one day. Super curious of the benefits and shit since I'm hoping on a puppy soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    I'm curious, why do people keep their dogs in crates? It's not something done where I live, I didn't even know it was a thing until Jenelle on teen mom was losing her shit over them one day. Super curious of the benefits and shit since I'm hoping on a puppy soon.
    Crate training is actually a good thing for puppies. At first thought people might view it as cruel, but it's quite the opposite. Remember that dogs are naturally den animals. Dogs that suffer from separation anxiety benefit from crates because it helps them feel safe. It's not for every dog, but the majority of them do benefit from it.

Crate training is actually a good thing for puppies. At first thought people might view it as cruel, but it's quite the opposite. Remember that dogs are naturally den animals. Dogs that suffer from separation anxiety benefit from crates because it helps them feel safe. It's not for every dog, but the majority of them do benefit from it.

How long do you leave them in there for and where do they poop? I don't see it as cruel (although on teen mom she was trying to shove a BIG dog in to a TINY crate which was pretty messed up) I think they'd be good here at night, I'd hate for my dog to hurt the possum family that we feed. It's actually against the law here to allow cats outside unless they're in a cat run any time of day for the same reason.

How long do you leave them in there for and where do they poop? I don't see it as cruel (although on teen mom she was trying to shove a BIG dog in to a TINY crate which was pretty messed up) I think they'd be good here at night, I'd hate for my dog to hurt the possum family that we feed. It's actually against the law here to allow cats outside unless they're in a cat run any time of day for the same reason.
    We have clients that crate their dogs the entire work day with the exception of our visit to walk them mid day. So, maybe 4 or 5 hours at a time, a break and then another 4 or 5 hours.

We have clients that crate their dogs the entire work day with the exception of our visit to walk them mid day. So, maybe 4 or 5 hours at a time, a break and then another 4 or 5 hours.

It's also a good idea to crate them while you are sleeping because puppies are notorious for chewing on and eating stuff they shouldn't.

My first foreign body removal surgery was a puppy boxer that ate a pair of thongs

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

double so here's my fave doggie commercial

Last edited by Angiebla; 08-28-2015 at 05:20 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I never heard back from the animal shelter and when I checked their sit it said he had been adopted I was like thanks for getting back to me I'm super happy he was not euthanized.

On a side note I have a rat who got sick so quickly. I took her to the vet and he gave her fluids and antibiotics. She seems to be paralyzed on one side. After 5 days I called and spoke with the vet who saw her. I asked him if it would be ok if I could put her to sleep and he made me feel bad for it. He wants me to wait. So meanwhile she cannot stand by herself nor eat or drink. I am syringe feeding her ensure, vitamins, and water. Its heart breaking. I think she has the start of a pituitary tumor.

I never heard back from the animal shelter and when I checked their site it said he had been adopted I was like thanks for getting back to me I'm super happy he was not euthanized.

On a side note I have a rat who got sick so quickly. I took her to the vet and he gave her fluids and antibiotics. She seems to be paralyzed on one side. After 5 days I called and spoke with the vet who saw her. I asked him if it would be ok if I could put her to sleep and he made me feel bad for it. He wants me to wait. So meanwhile she cannot stand by herself nor eat or drink. I am syringe feeding her ensure, vitamins, and water. Its heart breaking. I think she has the start of a pituitary tumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident_Queer View Post
    I never heard back from the animal shelter and when I checked their site it said he had been adopted I was like thanks for getting back to me I'm super happy he was not euthanized.

A mammary tumor is the most common type in rats. I have seen ones get pretty big, and euthed a rat with one.

Fuck that vet. Seriously, I hate vets that do that shit. You can PM me if you would like to talk off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident_Queer View Post

A mammary tumor is the most common type in rats. I have seen ones get pretty big, and euthed a rat with one.

Fuck that vet. Seriously, I hate vets that do that shit. You can PM me if you would like to talk off the board.

All of my dogs (6 right now) have crates they can use if they like. Trooper hates a crate and won't tolerate one. Browser has a crate that he sleeps in if it's chilly... he seems to find it nice and snug. Once in a while we'll shut him in there, say when we a shampooing the carpet or some such thing. If it's warm he'll go hole up in the pantry. Mocha loves his crate. He eats there and he's napping there right now. We'll shut him in there if we leave him home without supervision. Little turkey loves to tear up tissues. Spice is in her crate too, her choice. She eats in her crate and naps in the crate often. We will shut her in if we are having company or if people are coming and going. She's a door bolter and can be nippy with strangers. Chance also eats in his crate and naps there sometimes, although he'd rather be out and underfoot. At night, he sleeps in Mocha's crate. Spirit. Puppy. Not house trained yet, rips up anything that comes his way. He's in his crate at anytime someone isn't watching him. He sleeps all night in his crate, eats in his crate... goes out every hour during the day... Plays then goes back to his crate for a break. And to give the other dogs a break from him.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

One of my parents' cats, Redboy, got caught in their garage door today and died. When my dad left for work, he left the garage door open like always, and when my mom left a few hours later, she closed it as always.*

Apparently, Redboy was up on top of the door when my mom closed it. My dad found him hanging from the top of the garage door when he got home.

They're both beside themselves, but my poor mom is crying her eyes out because she feels responsible. I don't even know what to say to make her feel better. I'm just sick for her.

He was such a sweet cat ... and pretty. (I'd post a pic, but my very feverish son is watching YouTube vids on the computer right now.)

Just awful.*

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    One of my parents' cats, Redboy, got caught in their garage door today and died. When my dad left for work, he left the garage door open like always, and when my mom left a few hours later, she closed it as always.*

Apparently, Redboy was up on top of the door when my mom closed it. My dad found him hanging from the top of the garage door when he got home.

They're both beside themselves, but my poor mom is crying her eyes out because she feels responsible. I don't even know what to say to make her feel better. I'm just sick for her.

He was such a sweet cat ... and pretty. (I'd post a pic, but my very feverish son is watching YouTube vids on the computer right now.)

Just awful.*
    That's terrible! I'm so sorry. I'd be beside myself-your dad because he found him hanging, and your mom since she feels responsible. Ugh. I love my cats more than most people. Just a terrible thing-sorry for them both (and you).

Just awful.*
    That's terrible! I'm so sorry. I'd be beside myself-your dad because he found him hanging, and your mom since she feels responsible. Ugh. I love my cats more than most people. Just a terrible thing-sorry for them both (and you).

Aw tup. how horrible for both of them. We had something like that happen once. An old dog named shanti... My pops was sure he was in the grass when he started pulling out of the driveway but suddenly, he was under the wheel. The poor dog was deaf and virtually blind at that point. They took him to the vet and put him down.

The story we go by that makes us giggle a little is that he was so sick of being blind and deaf that he fell on the sword. My poor dad felt horrible for a really long time over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Double penis.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by foreverintheflux View Post

Thanks :) I wish I could drive up there tomorrow and give them both a big hug, but my kid is sick, and I don't want to be like, "I'm so sorry, y'all. Here ... have some germs."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Aw tup. how horrible for both of them. We had something like that happen once. An old dog named shanti... My pops was sure he was in the grass when he started pulling out of the driveway but suddenly, he was under the wheel. The poor dog was deaf and virtually blind at that point. They took him to the vet and put him down.

The story we go by that makes us giggle a little is that he was so sick of being blind and deaf that he fell on the sword. My poor dad felt horrible for a really long time over it.

When I was 18, I ran over and killed my (cheating asshole) boyfriend's 15-year-old cat. She was pretty deaf and was apparently asleep behind my tire and didn't get up when I started the car. I had even sat there for a few minutes with it running. I almost had a mental breakdown.

RIP Redboy

Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Just awful.*
    Aw sorry to hear about your cat.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post

Maybe that's why our dog hung himself. He was super old, deaf, and blind. He'd barely move usually just laid around and he'd just lay on this one step outside. We put him out and he had one of those really long leashes and we had it measured out so it wouldn't go pass the fence, we only had a few sections of fence,. Anyways one day some one must have moved the leash and when we put him out he wrapped himself around the bush and fell off the wall. My friend found him hanging over the wall in the neighbors drive way. I was like 13 when he died and I don't remember that dog ever moving. We'd have to pick him up and move him so it's weird that all of a sudden he walked around a bush that many times.

Thread Information