Page 544 of 656 FirstFirst ... 44 444 494 534 542 543 544 545 546 554 594 644 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,600 of 16377

Thread: MDS pets

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i feel really relieved. called the vet this morning to update her on the situation and get added details about the dog. the last time she was vaccinated (in big bear) was 2011. her birthday is coming up - born october 2nd, 2005. she is almost 9.

i got those details because the biggest thing that my mom keeps bringing up is that she doesn't want another old dog that's going to die. this one still has almost another 10 years of mileage!

i'm taking her out on the leash tonight around dusk in the area i found her to see if she recognizes any of the houses.

there are so many groomers around here, but i may go that route as well.

thanks for listening to the drama. i was feeling like punkerduckie for a minute.
    To be fair my drama stopped once the po-po got involved and told the lady people who steal horses don't usually have their owner deliver them and sign over ownership.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Some people dont listen to anyone including the vet. I have had to get those AMA sheets and have both the vet and the client sign it. One lady wanted to take her dog with parvo home even though it had a fever and couldnt keep anything down. We told he thedog needs to stay, he could die if released. She signed the papers, took the dog home and it died. That dog could have lived dammit.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Some people dont listen to anyone including the vet. I have had to get those AMA sheets and have both the vet and the client sign it. One lady wanted to take her dog with parvo home even though it had a fever and couldnt keep anything down. We told he thedog needs to stay, he could die if released. She signed the papers, took the dog home and it died. That dog could have lived dammit.
    See. Miller says she doesn't envy me with some of the things involved with my work. And ME, I can't imagine being in your position with yours. Vets and even worse...... Shelters. CAN'T. DO. THAT. EVER.

Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Vets have to make the tough calls and have to take responsiblity when something goes wrong. I dont envy them or shelter workers. The shelter workers ive encountered were saints.

When I was young, I wanted sooo much to be a vet or vet tech. Took a bunch of biology and the like in college. Then in talking with friends in the field, it came to me that I'd end up in jail because I'd kill someone because of the stupid shit the pulled. So yeah. It's not the dogs, it's the owners.

I used to help with people who were being bounced from basic obedience classes because their dogs were a danger to the other dogs in the class. It usully wasn't e dog, but the owner who was a danger to the general public. Don't have what it takes to do that anymore either.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

the original woman called me today and when i told her i found the owner, she quizzed me about how it was being cared for and then called a second time to find out how i found the owner, etc.

i called the girl back to give her a heads up that they may come looking. the girl seemed surprised that the family had said she took the dog and refused to give it back because she claims the woman showed up and dropped it off with her. she told me she would call them to settle everything...

i let her know that she could keep me as a reference if there is an issue. she told me she would keep me in the loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I worked in vets office, we had an ongoing "Dog Nazi" joke copying Seinfeld's Soup Nazi. When someone would come in with a dog that clearly had no business with one, we would pass each other in the hall and say, "Stupid person! NO DOG FOR YOU!". It used to amaze me the people that would pay $1,000 for a puppy but couldn't afford vaccines or heartworm preventative.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    the original woman called me today and when i told her i found the owner, she quizzed me about how it was being cared for and then called a second time to find out how i found the owner, etc.

i called the girl back to give her a heads up that they may come looking. the girl seemed surprised that the family had said she took the dog and refused to give it back because she claims the woman showed up and dropped it off with her. she told me she would call them to settle everything...

i let her know that she could keep me as a reference if there is an issue. she told me she would keep me in the loop.
    I hope yo sista has the "we don't want day dem der dog" VM for further back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I hope yo sista has the "we don't want day dem der dog" VM for further back up.
    This. I told you to keep that exchange. I don't think they'll come to blows. But if they do it's evidence.

they'll be fine. i hope.

Our cat Newman will depart this world on Friday at 3PM. My ex made the decision, so he must be in pretty bad shape. I'm going there Friday to spend some time with the old guy before we take him to the vet.

I"m sorry Shell

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I"m sorry Shell
    Thanks. Even though it's just old age, it sucks to lose a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Thanks. Even though it's just old age, it sucks to lose a pet.
    I'm so sorry

I am sorry about Newman, Shell.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

ohmydog! Some of you may remember Chance, my loner dog? Chance has been back in the house since 6 this evening and he's already scared 10 years off Patty and me. He was here and then he wasn't. I was sure he was in the house, but he wasn't coming when I called. Most unusual. He's a "you'll never walk alone" kind of guy. We looked EVERYWHERE. In the laundry room, the bath rooms the bed rooms. Checked Spice and Mocha's crates. Went downstairs and looked places where he might be, and places where he could not be. Went out to the dog run, several times. Checked everywhere again. Oh my God, I've lost Chance. I was out checking the back yard again, even though he couldn't be out there when Patty announced she'd found him. In my chair. Not on my chair. In it. When I put my foot rest down, I apparently trapped him inside. Little devil didn't make a sound, but came wagging out when Patty released him. Still shaking.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    ohmydog! Some of you may remember Chance, my loner dog? Chance has been back in the house since 6 this evening and he's already scared 10 years off Patty and me. He was here and then he wasn't. I was sure he was in the house, but he wasn't coming when I called. Most unusual. He's a "you'll never walk alone" kind of guy. We looked EVERYWHERE. In the laundry room, the bath rooms the bed rooms. Checked Spice and Mocha's crates. Went downstairs and looked places where he might be, and places where he could not be. Went out to the dog run, several times. Checked everywhere again. Oh my God, I've lost Chance. I was out checking the back yard again, even though he couldn't be out there when Patty announced she'd found him. In my chair. Not on my chair. In it. When I put my foot rest down, I apparently trapped him inside. Little devil didn't make a sound, but came wagging out when Patty released him. Still shaking.
    Aww I'm sorry Puzzld. Sounds like he scared the shit out of you on accident. I'm glad you found him.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

hahaha. an incredible story of struggle and survival. glad you found him! bet he won't hide there anymore.

I'm sorry you got scared....that's funny though! The same thing happened with my cat when I was younger only it was a fold out bed! We looked everywhere for her and finally found her when we sat down on the couch and she started clawing us through the cushions lol.

Newman went to the Vet, but he came home with us Friday. The Vet suspected diabetes, and he was right. Newman is now home with Ray and getting two insulin shots a day. He got fluids at the Vet and is doing better. We thought we were going to put him down, and we are elated that he just has diabetes and can be treated. I'm so happy! Thanks for all the well wishes, they truly helped me get through last week.

Newman went to the Vet, but he came home with us Friday. The Vet suspected diabetes, and he was right. Newman is now home with Ray and getting two insulin shots a day. He got fluids at the Vet and is doing better. We thought we were going to put him down, and we are elated that he just has diabetes and can be treated. I'm so happy! Thanks for all the well wishes, they truly helped me get through last week.
    Good news!

Very happy for you! We have a few clients with Diabetes and have to give them shots. You get really good at it after a while and they don't even feel it. Happy to hear that Newman is home now.

Good news!
    Thanks. It was about time something went right.

That would explain the excessive drinking and urinating. Did you set up a BG curve appointment with the vet?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

No, what's a BG curve?

Thread Information