Page 51 of 655 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Re: MDS pets

This is Mitzi.  She will be 7 years old in June and like MC's Chihuahua she would rather poop in the house than go outside.  We also have rare occasions. I love her though.

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=432.msg710394#msg710394 date=1201418654]

This is Tipper.  She is loking for a boyfriend.  She is a shi-poo.
    [/quote]

OMG Tipper is precious!

This is Tucker. He's my cousin. He is a shi-poo too. He'd be her boyfriend, but he has no balls... :|

Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.<br />

It's super hard to get a good picture of Twiggy. Any noise from the camera, and she puts her ears back and looks like a meanie. Not to mention her bent ears make her super cute! So I was excited to get this picture:

And Voltaire was being super cute, taking a nap with his head in my hand.

I&nbsp; all the pet pictures.&nbsp; One of these days I will post my pigs pictures.&nbsp; Guenea that is!!&nbsp; Had you going there for a second didn't I? :lol:

How do I add a picture?

[img.]URL here[/img.]

Take out the periods.

[quote author=Nepenthe link=topic=432.msg734581#msg734581 date=1203369199]
    How do I add a picture?

[/quote]
    I use tinypic.com

Use the link with [=img] [=/img] in it....leave out the = marks&nbsp; :lol:

You may have to resize in your photo editor though!

Olive had a near death experience last week.

It was 6:30am Thursday. I was folding laundry, and saw her farting around in her cage. Then I ran to put the laundry away, came back downstairs, and heard a skittering noise in the corner of the living.

There was Olive...

STUCK TO A GLUE TRAP!!!

I picked her up, and her little paws were stuck like crazy. Me, being pregnant and hormonal, am bawling hysterically, apologizing over and over, crying my head off, begging her for forgiveness. Thankfully, the package said to un-glue the glue junk, use olive oil. So, I drowned her in olive oil, me in olive oil, the kitchen sink in olive oil and managed to get her off. She was biting like crazy, looking like absolute hell, pissed off at the world.

By then, I was running late for work, so I called my boss in a panic, explained what happened and promised to be in as quick as I could. I cleaned us both us as best I could, threw her in a giant tupperware, grabbed some towels and her food and water and took her to work with me.

So far, knock wood, she is still alive. You're never supposed to bathe a hamster, as they can catch a chill really easily. She's been eating and drinking and pooping fine, so hopefully that's all good. Her fur is very soft, a smidge on the oily side still, except for the little bald patches on her feet. :( She does have a lot of stuff hoarded in her left cheek, that I haven't seen her spit out yet, so I'm a little worried that she ate some of the leftover glue and it's stuck. I'll probably call the vet in the morning.

We got rid of the glue traps and are re-assessing the cage situation right now. Freakin' hamsters!
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what&#039;s left inside the box. -Me

Tags &quot;Body Spray&quot; The Dog

And my 6-month-old cat, Calvin, who died on the operating table when he was getting fixed. Bastards.

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.” - Calvin & Hobbes (God's favorite comic strip)

[quote author=JustGretch link=topic=432.msg742346#msg742346 date=1203899997]
    Olive had a near death experience last week.

It was 6:30am Thursday. I was folding laundry, and saw her farting around in her cage. Then I ran to put the laundry away, came back downstairs, and heard a skittering noise in the corner of the living.

There was Olive...

STUCK TO A GLUE TRAP!!!

I picked her up, and her little paws were stuck like crazy. Me, being pregnant and hormonal, am bawling hysterically, apologizing over and over, crying my head off, begging her for forgiveness. Thankfully, the package said to un-glue the glue junk, use olive oil. So, I drowned her in olive oil, me in olive oil, the kitchen sink in olive oil and managed to get her off. She was biting like crazy, looking like absolute hell, pissed off at the world.

By then, I was running late for work, so I called my boss in a panic, explained what happened and promised to be in as quick as I could. I cleaned us both us as best I could, threw her in a giant tupperware, grabbed some towels and her food and water and took her to work with me.

So far, knock wood, she is still alive. You're never supposed to bathe a hamster, as they can catch a chill really easily. She's been eating and drinking and pooping fine, so hopefully that's all good. Her fur is very soft, a smidge on the oily side still, except for the little bald patches on her feet. :( She does have a lot of stuff hoarded in her left cheek, that I haven't seen her spit out yet, so I'm a little worried that she ate some of the leftover glue and it's stuck. I'll probably call the vet in the morning.

We got rid of the glue traps and are re-assessing the cage situation right now. Freakin' hamsters!
    [/quote]

Awwww Gretch! I'm sure she will be just fine! I looked it up and although hamster's shouldn't be bathed, it's obviously necessary if something toxic needs to be washed off. You seem to have taken all the necessary precautions. Maybe you can call an emergency vet clinic tonight to put your mind at ease?

I had a kitten get stuck to a glue trap once, that supposedly wasn't there since I had asked my roommate to remove them all. I was so pissed. :x It was so pathetic to see the poor little kitty walking around with a square attached to one of her paws. I just remember my roommate came home and felt awful and spent a good hour in the bathroom babying the kitten, making sure every little trace of glue was gone. This is someone who hates cats but she felt so awful. :-)

[quote author=radman link=topic=432.msg742440#msg742440 date=1203903159]

And my 6-month-old cat, Calvin, who died on the operating table when he was getting fixed. Bastards.

[/quote]

Oh No!!&nbsp; That makes me sooo sad!!&nbsp;

[quote author=pitluvr4ever link=topic=432.msg742459#msg742459 date=1203903651]
    Awwww Gretch! I'm sure she will be just fine! I looked it up and although hamster's shouldn't be bathed, it's obviously necessary if something toxic needs to be washed off. You seem to have taken all the necessary precautions. Maybe you can call an emergency vet clinic tonight to put your mind at ease?

I had a kitten get stuck to a glue trap once, that supposedly wasn't there since I had asked my roommate to remove them all. I was so pissed. :x It was so pathetic to see the poor little kitty walking around with a square attached to one of her paws. I just remember my roommate came home and felt awful and spent a good hour in the bathroom babying the kitten, making sure every little trace of glue was gone. This is someone who hates cats but she felt so awful. :-)
    [/quote]

There's a vet near my office, I'm going to see if maybe I can get her in at lunch one day this week. She's still pretty pissed off, she glares at me, which cracks me up, dummy, I saved your life! We cleaned out her cage and took off a couple of the accessories, so hopefully she'll stay put.

[/quote]

They're so sweet, I'm so sorry about Calvin. :(
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what&#039;s left inside the box. -Me

[quote author=JustGretch link=topic=432.msg742639#msg742639 date=1203912422]
    They're so sweet, I'm so sorry about Calvin. :(
    [/quote]

Thanks guys. He's in a better place now. In his memory, I donated money for a brick at the local animal shelter in his name and got a shelter cat named Jazz (after the dude with the sunglasses on Fresh Prince).
    "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.” - Calvin & Hobbes (God's favorite comic strip)

[/quote]

WUUUT? That sucks. I'm sorry dude. Those are supposed to be quick operations too, right? Damn busted-up vets.

I should add that at least you have a picture with his balls front and center, to remember him by. R.I.P. Calvin.

[quote author=mcmxciii link=topic=432.msg742702#msg742702 date=1203914513]
    I should add that at least you have a picture with his balls front and center, to remember him by. R.I.P. Calvin.
    [/quote]

I know, the other picture I had was out of focus. I wanted to grame the photo, so I got an 8x10 photo and cut it down to a 4x6 and the balls are cut out!

A lesson learned in dealing with pictures of cats with big balls.

[quote author=radman link=topic=432.msg742676#msg742676 date=1203913721]
    In his memory, I donated money for a brick at the local animal shelter in his name
    [/quote]

Sweet, you should throw it at the vet.

[/quote]*R.I.P* Calvin.&nbsp; He's a cutie, did they say what happened or what caused him to die during the procedure? My dog was neutered when he was 8 weeks old and his stitches got infected and he bled days after the procedure, and even now his testicle skin is still really sore and he's 3.

[quote author=DZNUTS link=topic=432.msg743994#msg743994 date=1203999652]
    *R.I.P* Calvin.&nbsp; He's a cutie, did they say what happened or what caused him to die during the procedure? My dog was neutered when he was 8 weeks old and his stitches got infected and he bled days after the procedure, and even now his testicle skin is still really sore and he's 3.
    [/quote]

Don't know why, but his heart gave out when they were closing him up. In 11 years, it was only his second animal lost during a neutering or spaying. I dropped him off at 9 AM and by 11 AM I was told he was dead. I didn't get mad at them until I received the bill two weeks later. I just flipped! I drove there and screamed at the assistant. She apologized and said the bill got by her attention and they offered free cremation services, since Michigan is kind of tough to bury an animal in January. He's now sitting on a table with a picture next to him. I'll bury him where I found him, in the Northwoods where I was camping last year. People have a sick logic that any animal left in the wilderness will survive and live a long life.

[quote author=radman link=topic=432.msg744015#msg744015 date=1204000638]
    Don't know why, but his heart gave out when they were closing him up. In 11 years, it was only his second animal lost during a neutering or spaying. I dropped him off at 9 AM and by 11 AM I was told he was dead. I didn't get mad at them until I received the bill two weeks later. I just flipped! I drove there and screamed at the assistant. She apologized and said the bill got by her attention and they offered free cremation services, since Michigan is kind of tough to bury an animal in January. He's now sitting on a table with a picture next to him. I'll bury him where I found him, in the Northwoods where I was camping last year. People have a sick logic that any animal left in the wilderness will survive and live a long life.
    [/quote]That's just really sad, I'm sorry for your loss. So was Calvin just abandoned and you found him in the woods? My Peke was bred for money but when the litter was born only 2 survived, my pup and his sister, but the guy who bred them started to abuse them and hit them and throw things at them,he even gave them beer to drink so they could get drunk and laugh at them stumble around and he locked them up in he garage, we live in Texas and this was in July. My aunt told me she wanted to buy them so they wouldn't have to suffer anymore, but her apartment didnt allow pets and i only had enough money for one of them, so i took the boy home and i was gonna come back for the sister but the very next day she died. The guy i got my dog from asked my aunt how he was doing and she showed him a pic and he actually had the nerve to ask her if i would be willing to sell him back. Calvin was lucky to find you in those woods.

Oh yeah, we find animals where our cabin is located up in Northern Michigan. I was camping down on an old logging trail near the cabin and I saw him run across the trail. I chased him down a quarter of a mile before I located him under a stump. He came back to my tent and eventually, to my apartment. He kept me sane during my last major semester of classes. It's hard without him, but even though I lost him, I would've taken him back home if I had the chance to do it all over again. He was the third cat that was rescued in that area. One ran away, but the other has turned into a nice indoor cat.

I'm sorry to hear about that other dog, I would've beaten him within an inch of his life. I watched an episode of animal control officers in Detroit and it almost made me vomit with rage. I hope your other dog lives a long life, seems the ones that have been abused live for a long time, like they want to prove something to the assholes who didn't think they would live past the first month!

[quote author=radman link=topic=432.msg744080#msg744080 date=1204002721]
    Oh yeah, we find animals where our cabin is located up in Northern Michigan. I was camping down on an old logging trail near the cabin and I saw him run across the trail. I chased him down a quarter of a mile before I located him under a stump. He came back to my tent and eventually, to my apartment. He kept me sane during my last major semester of classes. It's hard without him, but even though I lost him, I would've taken him back home if I had the chance to do it all over again. He was the third cat that was rescued in that area. One ran away, but the other has turned into a nice indoor cat.

I'm sorry to hear about that other dog, I would've beaten him within an inch of his life. I watched an episode of animal control officers in Detroit and it almost made me vomit with rage. I hope your other dog lives a long life, seems the ones that have been abused live for a long time, like they want to prove something to the assholes who didn't think they would live past the first month!
    [/quote]I have always been an animal lover, When I was 12 I had this dog who had this skin allergy so all his hair fell out and he looked kinda nasty so he would get rocks thrown at him and kids on my block would tell me things like if they saw him they would put him in a barrel and set him on fire,one day he got out of the yard and was hit by a car and whoever hit him just left him there and he died. After that I started taking in animals that had been abused or abandoned. My Peke was scared when I first brought him home, he was scared of guys and he would try to attack any guy that was around, he would always sit in the corner or peek is had in a room,like if he was scared of what would happen o him if he came in. Now he's alot more friendly and he opened up and he's so happy. I don't understand why people abuse animals. They are so innocent. I wish we could have had more time with our pet's that we lost.

[quote author=DZNUTS link=topic=432.msg744109#msg744109 date=1204004370]
    kids on my block would tell me things like if they saw him they would put him in a barrel and set him on fire
    [/quote]

WTF?!

[quote author=mcmxciii link=topic=432.msg744166#msg744166 date=1204005942]
    WTF?!
    [/quote]Kid's can be ass hole's. I was only twelve and he was my first pet, he was sick and his appearance wasn't the nicest looking, but i loved him and it didn't matter to me what his skin looked like, but the neighborhood kids would scare me that if he ever got out of the gate they would burn him alive in a barrel.

Thread Information