Page 505 of 656 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 503 504 505 506 507 515 555 605 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,625 of 16377

Thread: MDS pets

sudden pet emergency this afternoon left me with one less dog. RIP pauliwog.

i think we as humans tend to wait a week too long on average to make the right decision. pauli has had trouble breathing off and on for a while whenever she got excited, but it was never a big problem. she was fine once she settled down. this past week it was getting worse and worse. today, she couldn't calm down and a trip to the emergency room showed a growth in her throat. prognosis was bad, even with surgery, she would need a trach and it wouldn't even offer much time.

we put her down.

pauli was my step-sisters dog officially, but only went home on the weekends. she slept with me every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Animosity.... I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. :-(

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Aww.. sorry Ani.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

thanks guys! it's been a bad year for dogs in our household. first chaos, now pauli. i guess that's what happens when you have ancient pets. we've got a 17 year old cat that is neurotic and rips the hair off her ass in big clumps. i guess she's next, but i hope she waits a while on that.

So sorry ani!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

one of my good friends found out that her dog has a tumor on its adrenal gland. the dog has cushings disease and so far, is acting normal... but my friend is totally distraught.
    her only choice is to make the dog comfortable and happy until the end. but like i said, hes a happy dog right now, and i want her to focus on the fact that he's ok now, so enjoy him!!

I'm sorry Ani

Sorry to hear about pauliwog,animosity. This is a terrible week here too, ancient Minou is ready to cross over the rainbow bridge too. Is spending her last days on the heating pad on the couch. Am beating myself up over taking her to the vet to be put down....or letting her slip quietly away here. I know she has had a good life, and she has added so much to mine.

She stopped eating 2 days ago, so none of her daily megacolon meds have been given, she sips water often, we carry her to the other room to the wee wee pads. As i write this she is actually walking back from the other room, hasn't walked in 2 days......unbelievable.

Sorry to hear Animosity ):

And hope Minou is living peacefully for now and is surrounded by love, Meow meow.

So sad ):

Quote Originally Posted by Meow meow View Post
    Sorry to hear about pauliwog,animosity. This is a terrible week here too, ancient Minou is ready to cross over the rainbow bridge too. Is spending her last days on the heating pad on the couch. Am beating myself up over taking her to the vet to be put down....or letting her slip quietly away here. I know she has had a good life, and she has added so much to mine.

She stopped eating 2 days ago, so none of her daily megacolon meds have been given, she sips water often, we carry her to the other room to the wee wee pads. As i write this she is actually walking back from the other room, hasn't walked in 2 days......unbelievable.
    i'm sorry to hear about minou, meow meow. i wish our pets could live forever! but in that case, we probably wouldn't have the opportunity to have so many wonderful animals enter our lives, so it's a give and take. i'm glad for all the little guys who have come and go. all of them had such unique and wonderful personalities.

i noticed how they have their good days and bad days at the end, making the decision to put them down that much harder. with chaos, she had days where we could see that her mind was going, on top of all the other health problems. she would walk to the water bowl, take a drink and walk down the hall only to repeat the same process 50 times in a row. it would have been funny if it wasn't so sad. the next day she'd be back to her old self. we kept making appointments to let her go and then breaking them.

i wish they could tell us when.

Last edited by animosity; 05-26-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: add photo...

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i'm sorry to hear about minou, meow meow. i wish our pets could live forever! but in that case, we probably wouldn't have the opportunity to have so many wonderful animals enter our lives, so it's a give and take. i'm glad for all the little guys who have come and go. all of them had such unique and wonderful personalities.

i noticed how they have their good days and bad days at the end, making the decision to put them down that much harder. with chaos, she had days where we could see that her mind was going, on top of all the other health problems. she would walk to the water bowl, take a drink and walk down the hall only to repeat the same process 50 times in a row. it would have been funny if it wasn't so sad. the next day she'd be back to her old self. we kept making appointments to let her go and then breaking them.

i wish they could tell us when.

Sorry about the pooches Ani and Meow Meow, they give us so much that its really hard when they leave us. I bought an urn for my dearly departed Cass and today I am transferring his ashes to it. I haven't even looked at them since he was cremated in November. He was the first pet I ever had on my own and got me through some really hard times when I was alone. I saw him through every day of his life including the day of his birth. Hugs to you both

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

How do they always know it's a holiday weekend? Browser picked today to have a flare up of his pancreatitus. Trip to the vet. The expensive emergency vet. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I'm so sorry for all of buddy losses here. These guys really take a bit of you with them when they pass on. But at least they leave quite a bit of themselves in our hearts. It's just amazing what pure enjoyment they bring us.

Ani, your poodle touched my heart especially because yours looks just like mine does now. Ozzy turned 5 on Feb 14th. My Valentine, to be sure. I've always had Bulldogs. I never even gave a thought to owning a little dog, but my daughter talked me into a toy poodle and I'm soooo very glad she did. I've never been so close to a dog as I am with this little guy. My husband is a closet poodle cuddler. Ozzy sleeps under the covers with us every single night. I've taught him so many things. Ozzy's capacity to learn is something I never expected with any type of dog. How old was your poodle when it died?? I'm praying he'll live the average lifespan of a toy poodle, but I've heard of some living much shorter lives. Anyway, here's my Ozzy. He is magnificent to me.

Every night, as I fall asleep, I get the sneaking suspicion that someone is watching me.....
    Last edited by Jillee; 05-27-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Ani, sorry for your loss.

Jillee, LOVE the pics! Poodles are known to be one of the most intelligent of all the dog breeds.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post

Jillee, LOVE the pics! Poodles are known to be one of the most intelligent of all the dog breeds.
    I'm thinking of getting a bumper sticker saying that! Just to educate people! Thanks Crickets!

P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    I'm so sorry for all of buddy losses here. These guys really take a bit of you with them when they pass on. But at least they leave quite a bit of themselves in our hearts. It's just amazing what pure enjoyment they bring us.

Ani, your poodle touched my heart especially because yours looks just like mine does now. Ozzy turned 5 on Feb 14th. My Valentine, to be sure. I've always had Bull dogs. I never even gave a thought to owning a little dog, but my daughter talked me into a toy poodle and I'm soooo very glad she did. I've never been so close to a dog as I am with this little guy. My husband is a closet poodle cuddler. Ozzy sleeps under the covers with us every single night. I've taught him so many things. Ozzy's capacity to learn is something I never expected with any type of dog. How old was your poodle when it died?? I'm praying he'll live the average lifespan of a toy poodle, but I've heard of some living much shorter lives. Anyway, here's my Ozzy. He is magnificent to me.

Every night, as I fall asleep, I get the sneaking suspicion that someone is watching me.....
    twinzz!

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post

funny you say that... i always joked about being a ditsy blonde without the blonde! ditsy but sweet as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    twinzz!
    Love it!!!!

Heres my crazy pup: Duchess!

so regal!

Everyones furr baby are SO SWEET! And I am SO SORRY for all the losses. :( They really do become such a part of our lives. My 16 yr old daoxie Smokey was just diagnosed with a heart arrhythmia. So far he is doing fine. He's been with us since he was 3 months old and it will be so hard when it's his time. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by meowzerz View Post
    Heres my crazy pup: Duchess!

Duchess reminds me of my Brinna. Brinna lived to be 8 years old. I still have her ashes. I miss her so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    Duchess reminds me of my Brinna. Brinna lived to be 8 years old. I still have her ashes. I miss her so much!
    Love me some English bulldogs! I have a friend that has two of them. Great dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

My mouser was spayed today. She no likey the crate. When I tried to get her in it last week, she pulled a cartoon cat on me.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Love me some English bulldogs! I have a friend that has two of them. Great dogs!
    They are fun dogs! A lot of care involved, but because of that you really get close to them. I just wished they lived longer! The average age is 8 years. Some live longer if you're lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post
    My mouser was spayed today. She no likey the crate. When I tried to get her in it last week, she pulled a cartoon cat on me.

That's hilarious!! Your mouser looks like my mouser!! This is Clara. She's 16 years old. Not the best mouser nowadays. She's "retired". But she was quite the killer back in the day! She went after anything and everything. She's also Bi Polar. Never know what kind of mood she's in...When I took this picture, she wasn't happy about it... I took my life into my own hands for this shot.

Thread Information