Page 111 of 656 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 611 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 16377

Thread: MDS pets

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

Re: MDS pets

[quote author=Kande04 link=topic=432.msg960569#msg960569 date=1218256384]
    So this is a sad post of the pet thread.

I was on my way home from the gym last night when a car ahead of me started laying on its horn. There was a few cars between us, so I thought either someone wasn't turning fast enough and someone got pissed, or  that they were being assholes and not pulling over before honking for someone to come out of a house. It went on for a good minute or two, and I thought maybe someone  had a seizure or something and just landed on the horn, which was far fetched, but I pulled over to the side and was getting ready to step out of the car and see if I could do something when I saw a dog in the road. I thought at first maybe it was a coyote, but, whatever it was I wanted to get it out of the road. So I started walking towards it, and after my first step towards it, someone coming from the opposite direction hit the poor thing head on, and didn't stop. She spun across the road and landed directly in front of my car. I ran over to the dog and she was blinking and still alive so I was petting her and telling her that she would be okay, and a few seconds later she passed on. I stayed there petting her in the road for a good thirty minutes before the cops made me get out of the road. It's a criminal offense in connecticut to hit a dog and run, so I'm really hoping they catch the person. I don't understand how you can KNOW you hit something, and leave. It's not just a dog; she's part of someones family. The owners came to the scene just as I was leaving and it was fucking heartbreaking.
    [/quote]

I'm going to cry. 

It was great of you to stay with the pup, Kande.  :kiss3:

Skindeep, those pics are so cute. And the dog kind of reminds me of Aqua's dog! (sorry if I'm way off Aqua :lol:)

Kande...I can't even bear to quote your post. That is so heartbreaking. I'm so sorry that you witnessed that, but I'm so glad you stayed with the poor dog. I have chased animals out of the road before and bawled my eyes out when I've seen even a squirrel or a bird get hit. It's horrible to watch an animal die. Seriously though, you are a good person for staying with the dog. My cat got hit by a car like 7 years ago (she lived) and the asshole who hit her drove off. She had a collar on. I found her under the bushes and she was already going into shock. She would have died if I hadn't found her when I did. I know it doesn't seem likely...but maybe, just maybe, the dog was going into shock when you left and was able to pull through. I hope so anyway. Regardless, I'm sure you were the dog's (and her family's) hero for staying with her.
    Try to realize it&#39;s all within yourself. No one else can make you change. And to see you&#39;re really only very small. And life flows on within you and without you.<br /><br />--George Harrison--

Me and my dog Deuce.

[quote author=BarenXX link=topic=432.msg963526#msg963526 date=1218437614]
    Me and my dog Deuce.

[/quote]

Super cute!

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=432.msg963343#msg963343 date=1218430892]
    This isn't my pet, but I pet sit, and Molly is one of my fave &quot;clients:&quot;

[/quote]

She's cute, she looks exactly like a dog I'm sitting now, Merlin.

I'm not too happy with him now though. I have diagnosed him with Cushing's disease. He will eat and drink everything he sees. The owners said to ration his water, because he wont stop drinking. I tried to test it and see if it was right, because I've never heard of holding back a dog's water, but after he had been drinking 4 bowls full of water I had to cut him off so he wouldn't pee all over the floor. He's also got muscle weekness and lumps on his skin. So I hope the owners will take him to the vet and test him for Cushing's when they get back...

Yesterday he got up on the counter and ate all the cat food, he got diarrea and I had to clean up greasy smelly shit all over the living room and laundy room, poor little dog. Can't be fun being on the search for food and water 24/7.

My babies!!

Pooh Bear and Annabelle

Annie after falling in the bath-she was not impressed

Pooh Bear as a kitten

Sampson had a bath yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    No one ever gets me. Where is Lawchick? We speak the same intellectual language.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Fuckin LawChick, how does she work?

[quote author=LawChick link=topic=432.msg963863#msg963863 date=1218476467]

[/quote]God I miss that dog.
    I love you Taco.

[quote author=Plaincat link=topic=432.msg963576#msg963576 date=1218441670]
    She's cute, she looks exactly like a dog I'm sitting now, Merlin.

I'm not too happy with him now though. I have diagnosed him with Cushing's disease. He will eat and drink everything he sees. The owners said to ration his water, because he wont stop drinking. I tried to test it and see if it was right, because I've never heard of holding back a dog's water, but after he had been drinking 4 bowls full of water I had to cut him off so he wouldn't pee all over the floor. He's also got muscle weekness and lumps on his skin. So I hope the owners will take him to the vet and test him for Cushing's when they get back...

Yesterday he got up on the counter and ate all the cat food, he got diarrea and I had to clean up greasy smelly shit all over the living room and laundy room, poor little dog. Can't be fun being on the search for food and water 24/7.

[/quote]

Poor doggy! I hope that his owners will take him to the vet, too. Pet owners who just ignore their pets' problems, particularly if they can turn out to be lethal, really tick me off...

[/quote]

He doesn't look too happy! My dog hates baths too, and growls and grumbles all the way through them.
    He's cute!
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

The love of my life.....Maia.

I want a dog or cat SO BADLY... but my kids and husband are really allergic... so I got me some african dwarf frogs

I have 2... their names are Miley and Hannah. My girls

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=432.msg963932#msg963932 date=1218480657]
    He doesn't look too happy! My dog hates baths too, and growls and grumbles all the way through them.
    He's cute!
    [/quote]

Yeah he doesn't like the bath part too much be he likes when I use the blow dryer on him. :lol:
    No one ever gets me. Where is Lawchick? We speak the same intellectual language.

[quote author=Cathynugz link=topic=432.msg963941#msg963941 date=1218481147]

[/quote]

:lol: Great names!

I want a dog or cat SO BADLY... but my kids and husband are really allergic... so I got me some african dwarf frogs

[/quote]

I had 2 turtles but my ex's ex-wife freaked because they can give salmonilla (I can't spell) to kids and so she would not let his daughter come over until I got rid of them......should have kept the turtles.

[/quote]

my brother is allergic too, so we got a hypoallergenic doggie.. a Bichon Frise.&nbsp; doesnt shed either!!!&nbsp; he is 17 now and is pretty much my favorite family member.&nbsp;
    born to be down

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=432.msg963967#msg963967 date=1218482494]
    my brother is allergic too, so we got a hypoallergenic doggie.. a Bichon Frise.&nbsp; doesnt shed either!!!&nbsp; he is 17 now and is pretty much my favorite family member.&nbsp;&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Sampson is part Bichon too! I love that I can wear black pants around him and not worry about hair getting all over my clothes.

[/quote]

I love him.

A video of my Ezmo :D
    [youtube=425,350]WpQoCORJS8Q&amp;hl[/youtube]
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

[quote author=Soul of Nature link=topic=432.msg963351#msg963351 date=1218431497]
    Skindeep, those pics are so cute. And the dog kind of reminds me of Aqua's dog! (sorry if I'm way off Aqua :lol:)

Kande...I can't even bear to quote your post. That is so heartbreaking. I'm so sorry that you witnessed that, but I'm so glad you stayed with the poor dog. I have chased animals out of the road before and bawled my eyes out when I've seen even a squirrel or a bird get hit. It's horrible to watch an animal die. Seriously though, you are a good person for staying with the dog. My cat got hit by a car like 7 years ago (she lived) and the asshole who hit her drove off. She had a collar on. I found her under the bushes and she was already going into shock. She would have died if I hadn't found her when I did. I know it doesn't seem likely...but maybe, just maybe, the dog was going into shock when you left and was able to pull through. I hope so anyway. Regardless, I'm sure you were the dog's (and her family's) hero for staying with her.
    [/quote]

As much as I was hoping the dog would live, she unfortunately did not. It turns out that she wasn't as young as we originally thought; she was actually fifteen. The owners knew she would have to be put down soon because she wasn't in good health. It doesn't make her passing any less tragic -- I'm sure they thought they still had some time left with her, and that they would get to be there in her final moments -- but at least she lived a long, happy life.

I'm sorry about your cat. I'm glad you found her in time and were able to save her. Maybe it's just because I'm such an animal lover, but I don't understand how someone can discount a cat or dogs life because they're &quot;just an animal&quot;.

Can't wait to post my kitties bird and fishy too.

[quote author=Kande04 link=topic=432.msg964001#msg964001 date=1218484089]
    As much as I was hoping the dog would live, she unfortunately did not. It turns out that she wasn't as young as we originally thought; she was actually fifteen. The owners knew she would have to be put down soon because she wasn't in good health. It doesn't make her passing any less tragic -- I'm sure they thought they still had some time left with her, and that they would get to be there in her final moments -- but at least she lived a long, happy life.

I'm sorry about your cat. I'm glad you found her in time and were able to save her. Maybe it's just because I'm such an animal lover, but I don't understand how someone can discount a cat or dogs life because they're &quot;just an animal&quot;.
    [/quote]

Aw, well it's a shame that she did die, but at least she had a long, happy life with her owners. I will never understand how people can just drive off after hitting someone's pet. There is no excuse unless you literally cannot stop for your own safety, like on the beltway. But even then I would still pull over when I could and report it. And thanks about my cat. I'm so glad I found her when I did. It bought us 7 more years at least and hopefully more. I love my cat. :-)

[quote author=GYPSYCAT link=topic=432.msg964008#msg964008 date=1218484668]
    Can't wait to post my kitties bird and fishy too.
    [/quote]

Yay, can't wait to see them!
    Try to realize it&#39;s all within yourself. No one else can make you change. And to see you&#39;re really only very small. And life flows on within you and without you.<br /><br />--George Harrison--

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=432.msg963976#msg963976 date=1218482855]
    I love him.
    [/quote]

He loves you too. :kiss3:

Needs moar kitties!
    Never Again!

My grandparents just lost their dog of 12 years. I don't know what to do or say...should I send a card?

Thread Information