Page 109 of 656 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 609 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 16377

Thread: MDS pets

Re: MDS pets

[quote author=teifl link=topic=432.msg952995#msg952995 date=1217723088]
    It was a crappy day. My hubby accidentally ran over a nest of bunnies while mowing the lawn. 

3 of them were fine and we left them alone. One of them had his right front paw amputated, and his right rear paw is broken. We drove him to the Wildlife in Need center to see if they can save him. I am going to call on Monday and see if he is still alive.

He is a little fighter though. He was moving all around the shoe box for the hour long ride to the center.

Needless to say, my hubby was heartbroken. 
    [/quote]

Oh how sad.  Please let us know what you find out about the bunny. 
    I know your hubby felt bad. 

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=432.msg952997#msg952997 date=1217723165]
    Oh how sad.  Please let us know what you find out about the bunny. 
    I know your hubby felt bad. 
    [/quote]

I will let you know. I asked if I could keep him if he lives but they won't let me because he is wildlife.

The lady that took him said she is a bunny mom and that if he can be saved, she'll do it. If not she will put him out of his misery quickly.

She said that she has a 3 legged bunny at her house. He couldn't be released because of only having 3 legs. She will keep this one too if he can't be released back into the wild. If he can they will let us release him back into our yard.

I don't see how he can be released though because he is missing his right front paw. I just hope he lives. 
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.

[quote author=teifl link=topic=432.msg952999#msg952999 date=1217723500]
    I will let you know. I asked if I could keep him if he lives but they won't let me because he is wildlife.

The lady that took him said she is a bunny mom and that if he can be saved, she'll do it. If not she will put him out of his misery quickly.

She said that she has a 3 legged bunny at her house. He couldn't be released because of only having 3 legs. She will keep this one too if he can't be released back into the wild. If he can they will let us release him back into our yard.

I don't see how he can be released though because he is missing his right front paw. I just hope he lives. 
    [/quote]

I use to have a pet rabbit.  I was holding him one day and he jumped out of my arms.  He broke his back right leg so bad that they had to amputate it.  It was horrible.  But he got around fine without it. 

I am sure this little fella will be okay.  I guess I have never thought about where they build there nests.

He will be okay.    I will be praying for him to.

[quote author=teifl link=topic=432.msg952995#msg952995 date=1217723088]
    It was a crappy day. My hubby accidentally ran over a nest of bunnies while mowing the lawn. 

3 of them were fine and we left them alone. One of them had his right front paw amputated, and his right rear paw is broken. We drove him to the Wildlife in Need center to see if they can save him. I am going to call on Monday and see if he is still alive.

He is a little fighter though. He was moving all around the shoe box for the hour long ride to the center.

Needless to say, my hubby was heartbroken. 
    [/quote]
    *dies a little inside*

Thanks for doing the right thing! I have/had a 3-legged bun, my ex has custody of her and I get to see her whenever I want (luckily we're on great terms and he and my fiance get along well...)

Heres Unchkin after her surgery (she got her foot caught in her cage and it broke her ankle... about 9 days after we brought her home from the humane society! $2000 amputation later... shes a spunky one!)

Unchkin & Umlaut

Umlaut just recently passed away... broke my heart :(

Here's them with Jack...

They are homies...

I miss that little guy
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

[quote author=okac link=topic=432.msg953052#msg953052 date=1217727404]
    *dies a little inside*

Thanks for doing the right thing! I have/had a 3-legged bun, my ex has custody of her and I get to see her whenever I want (luckily we're on great terms and he and my fiance get along well...)

Heres Unchkin after her surgery (she got her foot caught in her cage and it broke her ankle... about 9 days after we brought her home from the humane society! $2000 amputation later... shes a spunky one!)

Unchkin & Umlaut

Umlaut just recently passed away... broke my heart :(

Here's them with Jack...

They are homies...

I miss that little guy
    [/quote]

That picture of Unchkin reminds me of how Spanky looked.  Bunny's are sweet pet's!!  I love them. 

I had a dwarf male named oreo.  He humped everything!!  Including our dogs.  We had him fixed and it seemed to slow him down.  He got out of the fence in the yard one day and never came back.  I miss him.

I am happy that you have visitation rights!! 

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=432.msg953065#msg953065 date=1217727868]
    That picture of Unchkin reminds me of how Spanky looked.  Bunny's are sweet pet's!!  I love them. 

I had a dwarf male named oreo.  I humped everything!!  Including our dogs.  We had him fixed and it seemed to slow him down.  He got out of the fence in the yard one day and never came back.  I miss him.

I am happy that you have visitation rights!! 
    [/quote]

*giggles*

both the ones above are little buns... and then the ones i have at my apartment are regular sized? Ezmo (the white one I post a lot) is pretty big, and Seabee is smaller than him but still pretty average, especially for a dutch

[quote author=okac link=topic=432.msg953073#msg953073 date=1217728120]
    *giggles*

both the ones above are little buns... and then the ones i have at my apartment are regular sized? Ezmo (the white one I post a lot) is pretty big, and Seabee is smaller than him but still pretty average, especially for a dutch
    [/quote]

We really need to fix that quote!!  :lol:  I fixed mine. 

i *really* think it needs to stay... lmao

I'll think about it though... ;)

[quote author=okac link=topic=432.msg953081#msg953081 date=1217728305]
    i *really* think it needs to stay... lmao
    [/quote]

off topic, but how do you know that you got karma so fast? do you just pay attention to the number.... cause mine jumped like from 10 to 20 or something and I didnt notice til like... a day ago....

on topic... bunny!

[quote author=okac link=topic=432.msg953088#msg953088 date=1217728585]
    off topic, but how do you know that you got karma so fast? do you just pay attention to the number.... cause mine jumped like from 10 to 20 or something and I didnt notice til like... a day ago....

on topic... bunny!

[/quote]

Oh I love his little harness, so cute!
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=okac link=topic=432.msg953088#msg953088 date=1217728585]

on topic... bunny!

[/quote]

I live for karma. Sometimes I get up in the night and check my number.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

An update on the bunny:

I called yesterday and the lady on the phone said that for sure the bunny would've been put to sleep immediately because of the amputation. She said that a 3 legged rabbit couldn't be released back into the wild, so they wouldn't even try to save it.

I explained to her that the woman who took her from me said that she would try and save it. So she talked to someone else and found out that the woman I gave the bunny to took her home with her and is in fact trying to save him. That made me so happy.

She left an email for the woman to call me and give me an update. As of yet I haven't heard from her. She had yesterday off so I will try again tomorrow afternoon.

So far, no news is good news.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.

Bah.  I went to the store where I got Brillo from today, and one of his brothers is still there.  I feel really bad, for him.  They have absolutely no idea how to take care of hedgehogs, in that store.  He has the completely WRONG kind of wheel (they have to have special ones, because apparently they can be rather stupid, and end up poking their eyes out on regular ones), wrong kind of food, and the wrong sized cage.  I wish I could take him, too.  Brillo would have an absolute cow, if I stuck another one in the cage, with him.  I feel better about spending all the money I did, on him.  I might have gotten terribly ripped off, but at least he has a decent home, and isn't stuck in that disgusting pet store, anymore.  His brother is an albino, too.  Red eyes creep me out.  I'd still take him, if I could.

[quote author=teifl link=topic=432.msg956200#msg956200 date=1217978189]
    An update on the bunny:

I called yesterday and the lady on the phone said that for sure the bunny would've been put to sleep immediately because of the amputation. She said that a 3 legged rabbit couldn't be released back into the wild, so they wouldn't even try to save it.

I explained to her that the woman who took her from me said that she would try and save it. So she talked to someone else and found out that the woman I gave the bunny to took her home with her and is in fact trying to save him. That made me so happy.

She left an email for the woman to call me and give me an update. As of yet I haven't heard from her. She had yesterday off so I will try again tomorrow afternoon.

So far, no news is good news.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the update on the bunny!!  I am sure he is doing okay.  Let us know what the lady says when you call her today.  Didn't you say something about her giving the bunny back to you so you can realease it in your yard?  Is your yard fenced in?
    you

[quote author=kissmedeadly8989 link=topic=432.msg956595#msg956595 date=1217992374]
    Bah.  I went to the store where I got Brillo from today, and one of his brothers is still there.  I feel really bad, for him.  They have absolutely no idea how to take care of hedgehogs, in that store.  He has the completely WRONG kind of wheel (they have to have special ones, because apparently they can be rather stupid, and end up poking their eyes out on regular ones), wrong kind of food, and the wrong sized cage.  I wish I could take him, too.  Brillo would have an absolute cow, if I stuck another one in the cage, with him.  I feel better about spending all the money I did, on him.  I might have gotten terribly ripped off, but at least he has a decent home, and isn't stuck in that disgusting pet store, anymore.  His brother is an albino, too.  Red eyes creep me out.  I'd still take him, if I could.
    [/quote]

Poor Brillo's brother!!   I wish you could buy him too.  Pet stores make me sad.  All the poor little animals in the cages.  Who can afford to buy them?

I am happy that you bought Brillo.  You are a good momma. 

Below is a picture of my daughter's Great Dane puppy: 

He isn't even 6 months old yet!  She named him Rambo.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

My dog, Mindy, caught when I busted her for laying on the couch (I love the innocent "Who, me?" look):

My cat, Hope, taking a sunbath...  I thought her stripes and the stripes from the sun through the window were cool:

My cat, Joey, who was playing king of the hill and sitting on the very top of the chair back in our office (he always wants to be way up high):

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

You were not suppose to catch Mindy on the couch!!  Look at the expression on his face!!  I love it! 
    Joey and Hope are adorable.

[quote author=shansen1984 link=topic=432.msg957069#msg957069 date=1218034813]
    My dog is quite literally a spoiled bitch. I should probably not give her free run of the house all the time.
    She won't even sleep on the floor. Even my cats...god...I wake up in the morning only to find cabinets have been opened and food is missing.
    My cat Mr. Friendly likes bread, any kind of bread. They act like starved raccoons at night.

I need an animal intervention.
    [/quote]

My Joey likes bread, too - but he will fight you for angel food cake!!  :angel3:

Maybe we can share an interventionist....  :lol:

Just found this on the Best Of on Craigs List  :lol:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/dal/705407729.html

This is from a few minutes ago.  He's sleeping on me now.  :-)

[quote author=kissmedeadly8989 link=topic=432.msg957962#msg957962 date=1218080538]
    This is from a few minutes ago.  He's sleeping on me now.  :-)

[/quote]

I want him so bad!!

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=432.msg957973#msg957973 date=1218081059]

I want him so bad!!
    [/quote]

Haha.  Go to my mall, and buy his brother so I can stop thinking about him!

[quote author=kissmedeadly8989 link=topic=432.msg957978#msg957978 date=1218081130]
    Haha.  Go to my mall, and buy his brother so I can stop thinking about him!
    [/quote]

I wish I could. I just checked they are not allowed as pets in Georgia. 

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=432.msg957980#msg957980 date=1218081285]
    I wish I could. I just checked they are not allowed as pets in Georgia. 
    [/quote]

Psssh.  I'd read that, and do it anyway.  My mall is weird when it comes to pet stores, anyway.  I hate the store he came from.  When I was at the mall yesterday, they have a new store.  It was weird.  They had a freaking lemur, and some kangaroo looking thing.  Though, it was no where near related to a kangaroo.  I can't remember what the heck it was called, and I really don't want to go back and look, because I'm sure some irresponsible person will buy it.  They had skunks, too.

Thread Information