Page 635 of 655 FirstFirst ... 135 535 585 625 633 634 635 636 637 645 ... LastLast
Results 15,851 to 15,875 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Aww they are so adorable! She is getting so big!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Puzzld and RBW- your puppies are so cute! Lol at getting her firedog costume on her!

Angiebla, what in the world? I’m sorry about your ceiling and your kitty. I hope kitty is ok. I second the camera idea, cats are crazy, it’s be nice to catch it in action!

I have a semi-chill cat and one that adopted me almost two years ago. I’ve begun to understand why the suspected owner didn’t claim it when I posted it on the community page. He’s a wild one!
    Last edited by Lilbirdie; 02-01-2021 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Fixed autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My little girl isn't so little anymore (the 'little' one is the red one)
    They're beautiful!

thanks everyone! They are loving our 'cold' weather today, running around like big wooly bears.

Adorable!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Love your bear-faced boo-boos, RBW!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

148289401_716830002533930_1247614172732682113_n.jpg

Got a new desk for wfh. Had plenty of help assembling it.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post

What a cutie pie! Just wants some lovin'

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

When you have a pup, you will NEVER do anything alone! Too cute!

The unconditional love and affection from our fur babies is something so amazing. What a sweetie.

So I have my big trip all planned, but I haven't pulled the trigger on it and booked it because I am having mild anxiety at the thought of boarding my babies for 2 weeks and being away from them. I board them in the upscale VIP type suites with cameras so that I can watch them, and it's at the same building as the vet, so they have immediate care if they need it, but I am still feeling antsy. The most I have ever boarded for is 1 week, and that was with other dogs. These guys have only been boarded for 3-4 days.

Tell me I can do this. I really want to go.

So I have my big trip all planned, but I haven't pulled the trigger on it and booked it because I am having mild anxiety at the thought of boarding my babies for 2 weeks and being away from them. I board them in the upscale VIP type suites with cameras so that I can watch them, and it's at the same building as the vet, so they have immediate care if they need it, but I am still feeling antsy. The most I have ever boarded for is 1 week, and that was with other dogs. These guys have only been boarded for 3-4 days.

You can do this. You have to do this for all of us... I've only been away from my dogs like 1 or 2 nights at a time in forever. OK I was in Billings for a week when Mom was in the hospital up there but all the dogs were home with roomie...

I was really worried about leaving my cat for a week. She eats random stuff and climbs into the ceiling of the basement. I had someone check on her only twice. I couldn't wait to get home to her, and when I did, she was wrestling a snake in the basement!

If the boarding place has cameras and vet care I wouldn't worry (I know-easier said than done!) You will be able to check on them and if you can't, I'm sure a friend could check on them for you. The boarding place knows how to care for your pets. Plus they will have each other.

Your babies would want their mom to go have fun!

You can do this. You have to do this for all of us... I've only been away from my dogs like 1 or 2 nights at a time in forever. OK I was in Billings for a week when Mom was in the hospital up there but all the dogs were home with roomie...
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I was really worried about leaving my cat for a week. She eats random stuff and climbs into the ceiling of the basement. I had someone check on her only twice. I couldn't wait to get home to her, and when I did, she was wrestling a snake in the basement!

If the boarding place has cameras and vet care I wouldn't worry (I know-easier said than done!) You will be able to check on them and if you can't, I'm sure a friend could check on them for you. The boarding place knows how to care for your pets. Plus they will have each other.

Your babies would want their mom to go have fun!
    Thank you both! I know I am being too much of a worrywart, but it's been a long time since I've gone on a real vacation (except the week long cruise and that was the only time since 1 year into our married lives when we didn't have a dog). The place I board them is my old vet. I don't use them as a vet because the guy can be arrogant, but I do feel they know their stuff and they take care of my babies when they are there. I just worry about them being over-anxious...but as you said they have each other and these 3 are the closest friends I have ever had as dogs. They adore each other...so I am going to take consolation in that. I will have my laptop and be able to check on them daily, and I always just tell my vet that if they need ANY medical care to do it. That's why I carry pet insurance.

Ok, I might need to be talked down again between now and next year, but I am going to book it. Thanks again, I knew you guys would understand.

I totally get it, but I'm sure your doggies will have fun! It will be like a vacay for them!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I totally get it, but I'm sure your doggies will have fun! It will be like a vacay for them!
    Ha, their life is one big vacay, lol. But thanks! I am going to do it, but it will be hard.

Also, for any of you guys who use Chewy for food, through tomorrow they have their gift cards 17% off. Just put the gift card in your cart and when you get to checkout it will be 17% off, then you can turn right around and use it to buy food or whatever. You can get a $100 gift card for $83, and there's a limit of 5 cards per account. Score! I get all of my food delivered now, so this is a win for me!

ETA: it seems to work multiple times, but I had to do it in separate transactions. When I tried doing two cards at once it only gave me the discount on 1 card.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 03-16-2021 at 08:37 AM.

10153013_10152151595887408_7019001527906841136_n.jpg83917618_10157272145672408_2735849860669374464_o.jpg148289401_716830002533930_1247614172732682113_n.jpg

Went to let the dogs out this morning and found that our Chance had passed. He was the sweetest guy, liked people, other dogs, bunnies and kitties. He will be missed. The first picture is when he first came here "temporarily" the second was a couple of years ago, and the last one was just a few weeks ago. He always liked to "help"

I'm so sorry Puzz. I know that he had a wonderful life with you guys! If it's any consolation, it sounds like he went peacefully, without pain, and on his terms. I know that the couple of dogs I have found that had passed overnight broke my heart, but in looking back I was grateful that they went peacefully and I didn't have to make any decisions for them. RIP Chance.

I'm so sorry Puzz. I know that he had a wonderful life with you guys! If it's any consolation, it sounds like he went peacefully, without pain, and on his terms. I know that the couple of dogs I have found that had passed overnight broke my heart, but in looking back I was grateful that they went peacefully and I didn't have to make any decisions for them. RIP Chance.
    Thanks. Yes it's true. He appeared to be sleeping peacefully when I found him. And he didn't have to deal with vets poking and proding and all that, so yeah. He was always the calm sweet presence. Never started trouble. I wouldn't have picked him, but I'm so thankful his previous owner picked us.

Thanks. Yes it's true. He appeared to be sleeping peacefully when I found him. And he didn't have to deal with vets poking and proding and all that, so yeah. He was always the calm sweet presence. Never started trouble. I wouldn't have picked him, but I'm so thankful his previous owner picked us.
    It's funny how that works sometimes. The best dogs I ever had came from a situation like that.

10153013_10152151595887408_7019001527906841136_n.jpg83917618_10157272145672408_2735849860669374464_o.jpg148289401_716830002533930_1247614172732682113_n.jpg

Went to let the dogs out this morning and found that our Chance had passed. He was the sweetest guy, liked people, other dogs, bunnies and kitties. He will be missed. The first picture is when he first came here "temporarily" the second was a couple of years ago, and the last one was just a few weeks ago. He always liked to "help"
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sending love your way, Puzz! I found my dog the same way, a little over 2 years ago. I wrestled with the fact of it was harder to find her like that, or having to make a decision to put her down....I think it's better when they pass peacefully in their sleep, on their own terms. I hope you're doing okay and I am glad you have other fur babies to comfort you during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Puzz, is Xena the only pup you have now?

Puzz, is Xena the only pup you have now?
    Lol no. We have Mocha, a Havanese. Roomie has Spice a Corgi mix. And we also have Spirit the other Standard Schnauzer. But it's been a ruff year, dog wise. We lost two of our senior schnauzers, Trooper and Browser since the pandemic started. We are to a point where the humans almost outnumber the dogs.

2019-10-29_1528.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by puzzld; 03-23-2021 at 10:12 AM.

I didn't realize you had a small zoo. That's good that Xena has other friends around. I was worried that she was suddenly by herself.

Thread Information