Page 101 of 655 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

Re: MDS pets

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=432.msg922261#msg922261 date=1215549891]
    Hahaha that makes sense that the smallest dog rules the roost!

Ruby is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and is a rescue dog herself. She's getting on a bit now, she's around 9.
    We're taking her camping with us in a couple of weeks, it should be fun!
    [/quote]

Staffies are so beautiful. I hope you have lots of fun camping together!!

[quote author=okac link=topic=432.msg922008#msg922008 date=1215538105]
    This is Seabee:

This is Ezmo:

[/quote]

I love it.

This is mine.  Her name is Blondie.  I know I've posted it before, but it was awhile ago.

Preparing to nap.

Sampson making excellent use of my pilates machine. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    No one ever gets me. Where is Lawchick? We speak the same intellectual language.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Fuckin LawChick, how does she work?

[quote author=LawChick link=topic=432.msg923072#msg923072 date=1215575475]
    Preparing to nap.

Sampson making excellent use of my pilates machine. :lol:

[/quote]

I want to steal your taco dog.

[quote author=kissmedeadly8989 link=topic=432.msg923021#msg923021 date=1215572806]
    I love it.

This is mine.  Her name is Blondie.  I know I've posted it before, but it was awhile ago.
    [/quote]
    yay for rabbits, shes adorable.
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

Does anyone here have experience with dwarf hamsters? I currently have 3 Robo Hamsters and I'm having issues with them. I've had 3 dwarf hamsters before, so it's not like I don't have experience with them, but I really don't know what to do right about now because I've never had hamsters in the same cage.

I bought 3 hamsters at the same time, brothers, Harpo, Zeppo and Groucho. At first they got along great. Then Harpo started to bully the other two. He beat up Groucho and made him bleed. I broke up the fight but it was sad because Groucho was bleeding and crying and he has a little scar now. I separated Harpo from the other two for a day and he behaved better when I put him back in the cage. Now, about a month later, he's turning into a bully again. I've had to break up about 5 fights in the last 2 days. I'm about ready to separate him from the other 2 permanently, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone who has/had multiple hamsters has advice for me on how to make them all get along. HALP!
    Try to realize it&#39;s all within yourself. No one else can make you change. And to see you&#39;re really only very small. And life flows on within you and without you.<br /><br />--George Harrison--

[quote author=Soul of Nature link=topic=432.msg925633#msg925633 date=1215724911]
    Does anyone here have experience with dwarf hamsters? I currently have 3 Robo Hamsters and I'm having issues with them. I've had 3 dwarf hamsters before, so it's not like I don't have experience with them, but I really don't know what to do right about now because I've never had hamsters in the same cage.

I bought 3 hamsters at the same time, brothers, Harpo, Zeppo and Groucho. At first they got along great. Then Harpo started to bully the other two. He beat up Groucho and made him bleed. I broke up the fight but it was sad because Groucho was bleeding and crying and he has a little scar now. I separated Harpo from the other two for a day and he behaved better when I put him back in the cage. Now, about a month later, he's turning into a bully again. I've had to break up about 5 fights in the last 2 days. I'm about ready to separate him from the other 2 permanently, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone who has/had multiple hamsters has advice for me on how to make them all get along. HALP!
    [/quote]

I don't think it's fair to subject poor Groucho to Harpo's bullying ways because it will most likely result in Groucho dead. :-( I think it's time to find a new home for the bully or just do the separate cage thing and you can try getting him a pal he gets along with. A lot of times when you have two animals of the same sex, you are gonna have these issues and training a tiny hamster to not behave badly is probably not the easiest thing to do. I will ask around for you since I know a few animal trainers. Maybe they will have some words of wisdom. In the meantime, good luck-and protect poor Groucho from that bully Harpo!! (This sounds so silly!)

another one of my cichlids is carrying babies.&nbsp; the other set of babies are doing well, and are now swimming around the tank.&nbsp; AND, we got a new kitten!!!&nbsp; &nbsp;

[quote author=Soul of Nature link=topic=432.msg925633#msg925633 date=1215724911]

[/quote]

You might look at extending their living quarters.&nbsp; It may be not enough space and Harpo is becoming a bit territorial.&nbsp; Or like my newest one he is just aggressive.&nbsp; Hence why we call him scrapper.
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

Sorry for the long ass post but I am so excited and had so much to catch all my fellow animal lovers up on! Sorry about the pictures being all different sizes too...I suck at the resizing thing!!

I had such a productive night at Market Night last night! I got three kittens adopted and got one of the other fosters to take my foster dog! Wooooo! I was going MAD this past week! I had twelve-yes-twelve kittens and three foster dogs!

Two of the dogs are staying at my parents as they were adopted by my parents originally. It just isn't working out. They aren't giving them enough attention so it's time to find them a better home.

Anyways, my three babies that got adopted last night were all from the original six I had. They were getting big so it really was time for them to go but they were obviously the ones I was most attached to. I had taken my four new kittens out which everyone was interested in adopting but they wont be ready for at least another week so I was able to talk these people into adopting the older kittens so it worked out perfect! All three kittens have awesome personalities and they will absolutely not regret their decisions.

Toby was my lover and I'm going to miss him sooo much!!

Lily-affectionately dubbed the Werewolf kitty-she grew into her looks and was such a sweetie! She loved to give me kisses! I will miss her mucho!

Max was my dog kitty. He followed me around everywhere and would come running whenever I called any of the kittens names. He was such a fluffy lovebug!!

Here are my new fosters-these first three are actually part of a litter of five. The dumb idiot that turned them over to us supposedly adopted a female cat and it had kittens and he decided to not do anything about it until they were ten weeks old. They were completely unsocialized. He was away on business all the time so they got no human interaction. IDIOT. :x

It was not my idea to go with the theme of T names. One of the other fosters had already named these three and I was OK with Tatiana but was NOT OK with the other two names! The black one was Tyrone and the long haired one was Terence. WTF?! Everyone would have called me racist thinking I named a black cat Tyrone!! :lol: So those names had to go and I am only half happy with the new T names. Meh.

Tatiana-she is such a sweetheart and warmed up quickly

Tucker-he's sick and has blood coming out of his nose. :-( BAD URI

Taz-he still isn't my friend. I'm a meanie. I put a leash on him and tie him to my bedpost so that he is forced to hang out with me. :oops:

He is so gorgeous though-he looks like a tiger!

I also got four new kittens and an abused dog on the 5th. The dog is a full bred Papillon. She is a sweetheart with a fucked up name. Paris. :| Yeah..it's getting changed. She had a HUGE donut shaped mat on her back that was pulling all her hair out so she now has a huge bald spot on her back. Stupid fuckers. :x The four kittens are adorable and helped me out bunches last night! They are about eight weeks old and we have no clue what happened to their mother. They were just wandering around the front yard of the house where they lived along with the dog-for two days with no food or water.

Here is the poor little doggie and her mat which I promptly cut off after taking the pictures.

Soul and Ash-Thanks for the input with the names! All have names now!

Pharoah

Phoenix

Isis-Yes I know it's a girl's name-Osiris's wife-OH WELL!! :-P

Cleo(patra)

Oh yeah..and to close...a picture of my baby..cuddling with me while I type this long ass post. I swear it took me like an hour!!

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=432.msg922108#msg922108 date=1215543878]
    This is my handsome puppy, Bruno (Shar Pei/Lab mix, currently 9 months old):

[/quote]

He looks just like my Tiny except she's not wrinkly.
    I still don't see how she had a solid white puppy.

I love when you post in here!!&nbsp; &nbsp; I love the stories of all of your foster pets.&nbsp; I find happiness when you find homes for them.&nbsp; You are just a great person!!&nbsp; I just you to death!!

Pit and Lost, thank you both for the advice about my hamsters. Unfortunately, I had to separate them permanently today. Harpo beat up Groucho pretty badly when I went to the mall. I came home to find Groucho with dried blood on his face. He has a gash above his eye and blood right beneath it. He's lucky he didn't lose his eye since the wounds were so close to it.&nbsp; :| But he is okay. I checked him over. They're superficial.

So Harpo is now permanently removed from the other 2. I might try keeping him for a while, but I am thinking about asking my friend if she wants him, since I know she likes hamsters. He's okay by himself, he just doesn't like other hamsters. Zeppo and Groucho enjoy each others company though, so I'm glad about that at least. I'm just really bummed. Not just because the stupid little hamsters cost me $50, but because I really liked having all 3 brothers. I wish it would have worked out. :-(

Pit, I think it's great that you found homes for the kittens and I love your new batch of animals! I will give the names some though if you still need them later. I'll check back later tonight.
    Try to realize it&#39;s all within yourself. No one else can make you change. And to see you&#39;re really only very small. And life flows on within you and without you.<br /><br />--George Harrison--

Pit I want the precious little girl kitten!!!! :oops:

I shall call her Tiger.&nbsp; Yes I am not original.
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=432.msg926834#msg926834 date=1215822121]
    Pit I want the precious little girl kitten!!!! :oops:

I shall call her Tiger.&nbsp; Yes I am not original.
    [/quote]

Haha Tiger is fine, but if you think it's unoriginal, you could spice it up a bit and call her Tigress or Tiger Lily.

Pit, I won't be offended at all if you don't like these, but I like unusual names like Winston, Watson, Sherlock, or Wilfred haha. I think they're cool since they're old school. And I also like Pharaoh, Isis and Charisma. And I think the name Nemo is cute, ever since the movie haha.&nbsp; &nbsp;

[quote author=Soul of Nature link=topic=432.msg926857#msg926857 date=1215823918]
    Haha Tiger is fine, but if you think it's unoriginal, you could spice it up a bit and call her Tigress or Tiger Lily.

Pit, I won't be offended at all if you don't like these, but I like unusual names like Winston, Watson, Sherlock, or Wilfred haha. I think they're cool since they're old school. And I also like Pharaoh, Isis and Charisma. And I think the name Nemo is cute, ever since the movie haha.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

If I call her Tiger Lily, I will be a narcissist.&nbsp; I shall call her Tiger the Flying Hunter Kitten.&nbsp;
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

Aaaww, the kittens are adorable! Especially the fourth female kitten, she looks like a &quot;Rockwell&quot;!

I have this old dog staying with me, and he was acting all weird when we brought out the cat yesterday, anyone know what his deal is? He only did this for about 10 mins while the cat was out, looks like he's humping the carpet or itching his penis..?&nbsp; :roll:

[youtube=425,350]fGE1pUVKDFk[/youtube]

[quote author=Plaincat link=topic=432.msg927240#msg927240 date=1215853834]
    Aaaww, the kittens are adorable! Especially the fourth female kitten, she looks like a &quot;Rockwell&quot;!

I have this old dog staying with me, and he was acting all weird when we brought out the cat yesterday, anyone know what his deal is? He only did this for about 10 mins while the cat was out, looks like he's humping the carpet or itching his penis..?&nbsp; :roll:

[youtube=425,350]fGE1pUVKDFk[/youtube]
    [/quote]

I love that video. He has a strange little bark, he sounds like he is trying to talk! But that was so funny! Hopefully it was just his way of dealing with jealousy and not something worse. That's what I'd think if that's the only time he's done that.

[quote author=Plaincat link=topic=432.msg927240#msg927240 date=1215853834]
    [/quote]

No idea, I've never seen that before.
    If it was your dog, I'd be shaming you for encouraging such aggressive behavior... but since he's not yours, I guess it's not really your place, eh? I laughed too.&nbsp; :oops:

Heh, he was not aggressive at all, he was just excited. He pinched with his mouth (without teeth) to make us pet him and not the cat. My mothers dog pinches with his mouth, too. But he does it as a sign of affection...

okay, my mother works for a rescue she helped create, and she rescues golden retrievers. we have 8..

those are Maggie, the deep red is Houdini who is mine! Cruiser-Bruiser and Abbigail
    we also have..

Scout

Taxi &amp; Teegan

and our fatty is Tug Mcgraw

So this is why you wanted a pic of a golden puppy in the other thread! They're adorable Delicious! And they have great names! That's really great of your mom. :-) It's my dream to work with animals for a living.

[quote author=Soul of Nature link=topic=432.msg928245#msg928245 date=1215936427]
    So this is why you wanted a pic of a golden puppy in the other thread! They're adorable Delicious! And they have great names! That's really great of your mom. :-) It's my dream to work with animals for a living.
    [/quote]

lol, i actually just graduated in May with my RVT license. I'm a Registered Vet Technician for a BUSY animal hospital in st.louis

[quote author=Delicious_Surprise link=topic=432.msg928249#msg928249 date=1215936739]
    lol, i actually just graduated in May with my RVT license. I'm a Registered Vet Technician for a BUSY animal hospital in st.louis
    [/quote]

Congratulations!!! And omg I'm going to have to talk to you about this sometime. I'm trying to transfer to a Vet Tech school next fall. I have to get my associates first. But anyway, I'm really hoping it will work out. Such a rewarding job!&nbsp;

[quote author=Soul of Nature link=topic=432.msg928252#msg928252 date=1215936888]
    Congratulations!!! And omg I'm going to have to talk to you about this sometime. I'm trying to transfer to a Vet Tech school next fall. I have to get my associates first. But anyway, I'm really hoping it will work out. Such a rewarding job!&nbsp;
    [/quote]

it was hard, and the state test was even harder. its rewarding, some days are better than others but you go home feeling like you've made a difference.

Thread Information