Thread: Promoting Breast Cancer Awareness in an awesome way.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

Promoting Breast Cancer Awareness in an awesome way.

Just saw a fb link and I just had to share this. Talk about a fucking awesome way to raise money...these motherfuckers are BRILLIANT.

http://www.ryot.org/motorboat-boobs-...charity/424741
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

that isn't brilliant it's offensive. especially offensive to women how are survivors, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    that isn't brilliant it's offensive. especially offensive to women how are survivors, imo.

Yeah offensive on several levels. First of all we need more cure and less awareness. The whole month of October is awash in pink crap made by companies trying to make a buck off of people with cancer and those who care about them. Donate your money to research to find treatments and cures. The awareness thing has pretty much topped out. Show me an adult woman who hasn't heard about self exams and mammograms.

:waiting:

She doesn't exist, at least not in the 1st world. Now male breast cancer? That's a different thing. Come up with a way to tell men they are at risk too. We can talk.

And really? Let me grope you and I'll give money to a worthless charity? Sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

The link doesn't work for me, but I'm assuming from reading it it's something about motorboating?? Is that correct?? If so, I agree with Emmie and Puzzld. How is that supportive? If I had a double mastectomy, how would motorboating support me, my struggle, and lack of boobs to motorboat?

Let's start a TeaBagging for Testicular Cancer event. Pissing for Prostate Cancer?

Edit: just saw puzzld's post so now I see it is indeed groping for money. Yuck. Dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    Thank you!! Because I know my mom wouldn't feel like this kind of event is representative or respectful to her.

I also have a hard time with most breast cancer events mainly because the money doesn't go towards research as much as just more promotion of breast cancer awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Detection is the most important factor to survival

Yes, a cure is more important, but I have no doubt that raising awareness saves lives.

I'd like to see statistics to see if screenings or detection spikes at this time of year. Hmm.

I'd let someone motorboat me if the money went to support research, drug trials, *something* working towards a cure, not so much for the pink bullshit "awareness"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Detection is the most important factor to survival
    Actually some are thinking now is that that's kind of a myth. We are detecting more and more very early cancers and yet the death rate really hasn't budged. We are finding tiny little cancers that may or may not have ever presented a threat, and treating everything with huge firepower because we can't tell which cancers will turn deadly and which will just hang out not growing or spreading to any degree for 50-60 years. We've been sold on early detection because it seemed to make sense but the sad fact is cancer doesn't grown in an orderly rational way. The tiny cancer we "caught early" may well have already spread and may even now be spreading though your bones and brain. On the other hand the other cancer, that wasn't caught until it was 10 years old, may never spread at all.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...d-overtreated/

Bubye monthly breast exam!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Bubye monthly breast exam!
    Yeah, well that may be a little premature. After all we don't have that cure yet, and we don't know which cancers are the nasty deadly spready kind so we still look for em small and treat em aggressively. But we really need cure(s) (because I'm sure there's not just one cure), and better detection. Not only is there a cancer, but what are it's properties...

And really, the monthly self exams are the least objectionable part of the whole process.
    Last edited by puzzld; 10-24-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Thread Information