Page 634 of 656 FirstFirst ... 134 534 584 624 632 633 634 635 636 644 ... LastLast
Results 15,826 to 15,850 of 16377

Thread: MDS pets

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm not sure where she lived in her old house. I think it's stress/fear too.

What's weird is she hasn't gone to the bathroom outside at all. I think something is scaring her outside and she has an aversion to it. I think she just holds it in until she can't anymore
    Does she have a fenced in yard, or are they taking her out on leash? Sky will not go on leash, period. When I took her to Houston last year she held it for two days and then went as soon as we got home.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm not sure where she lived in her old house. I think it's stress/fear too.

What's weird is she hasn't gone to the bathroom outside at all. I think something is scaring her outside and she has an aversion to it. I think she just holds it in until she can't anymore
    My guess is that she was always an outdoor dog based on her behavior. She has always just gone where she lives so doesn't get going outside versus inside and my guess is that she's afraid to go outside in case she's left there for good. As for how she's acting around you, I'd bet my life that she's just over protective of your Sister. She was rescued by her and she knows she has a good life now because of her. Be careful when your sister isn't there. It could go one of two ways. She'll either be completely different without her there and want lots of love and attention from you, or she could get even more territorial and aggressive if confronted alone in the house. The more you go there and get her familiar with you and familiar with her knowing you belong in the house, the better.

Give her time. She'll eventually adjust. It just takes time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Does she have a fenced in yard, or are they taking her out on leash? Sky will not go on leash, period. When I took her to Houston last year she held it for two days and then went as soon as we got home.
    My BIL set up a "line" that runs down their yard from the trees. He put her on it, went inside, and she peed outside. I guess she just wanted privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    My guess is that she was always an outdoor dog based on her behavior. She has always just gone where she lives so doesn't get going outside versus inside and my guess is that she's afraid to go outside in case she's left there for good. As for how she's acting around you, I'd bet my life that she's just over protective of your Sister. She was rescued by her and she knows she has a good life now because of her. Be careful when your sister isn't there. It could go one of two ways. She'll either be completely different without her there and want lots of love and attention from you, or she could get even more territorial and aggressive if confronted alone in the house. The more you go there and get her familiar with you and familiar with her knowing you belong in the house, the better.

Give her time. She'll eventually adjust. It just takes time.
    I can tell shes unsure about me and my motives. I am nervous about being alone with her-we havent reached that point yet. Shes a big dog and if she bit me, it would do a lot of damage. I dont want to admit it but Im scared of her.

I will have to go over there more before we both feel comfortable. Usually I can read body language to tell what a dogs thinking-but shes got a poker face.

I kind of got the "oh god this bitch again" vibe from her today

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

RBW-how is Cleo?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

My BIL set up a "line" that runs down their yard from the trees. He put her on it, went inside, and she peed outside. I guess she just wanted privacy.

That kind of sounds like a dog who was punished harshly for making mistakes.

Good luck with her!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

RBW-how is Cleo?
    She's doing pretty good. Still raspy, but feeling much better now! She still has another 10 days of antibiotics, but she is definitely on the mend. Thanks for checking on my brat!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    My hubby and I went glamping this past week and took our 16-year-old Yorkie, Stormy, with us. While we were there I could sense something wasn't right with Stormy; he was sluggish and wanted to sleep all the time. We got home this past Saturday and I took Stormy out to the bathroom. As I picked him up to bring him into the house, he went completely limp in my arms. I laid him down on an ottoman in our living room he sleeps on each night when we are watching television. He was breathing but still limp. He then had a bowel movement so I cleaned him up. A few minutes later he seemed fine again.

Fast forward to Monday morning. My hubby took Stormy out to the bathroom and ran he ran to the water bowl after coming back inside. After a couple of minutes, my husband (getting his coffee) found Stormy laying flat on the ground in the laundry room. We rushed him to the vet (a friend of my husband's) and he was found to be in heart failure. The vet was honest and told us he was very concerned about Stormy and that he would run some tests and asked to keep him for the day, but reiterated that he was 'very, very sick'. Reluctantly, we returned home...crying and crying. I was unable to work so I simply went to bed and put my head under the blanket. Stormy is literally the 'love of my life' and I was heartbroken beyond words.

Luckily, the meds did 'the trick' and Storm was able to come home yesterday afternoon with us. The vet said he had a 50/50 chance of living through the night...well, Storm is alive this morning!!! The vet also said he likely will be able to live a few more days or possibly even another couple of weeks. I am thankful to have him home and just want my baby to rest and be comfortable. It is terrible when something happens to our babies and people without pets often do not understand.

Bewitching, I am so, so sorry. I know how much you love your babies, and how lucky they are to have you. I am glad you got some extra time to spend with Stormy. I hope you get much more quality time than the vet forecast-sending you guys good thoughts!

RBW I'm so happy to hear about your baby slowly getting better

Bewitching, I'm SO very sorry to hear about Stormy. They really are our kids and it hurts so much to see them not doing okay. I'll be sending my love and good energy to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    My hubby and I went glamping this past week and took our 16-year-old Yorkie, Stormy, with us. While we were there I could sense something wasn't right with Stormy; he was sluggish and wanted to sleep all the time. We got home this past Saturday and I took Stormy out to the bathroom. As I picked him up to bring him into the house, he went completely limp in my arms. I laid him down on an ottoman in our living room he sleeps on each night when we are watching television. He was breathing but still limp. He then had a bowel movement so I cleaned him up. A few minutes later he seemed fine again.

Fast forward to Monday morning. My hubby took Stormy out to the bathroom and ran he ran to the water bowl after coming back inside. After a couple of minutes, my husband (getting his coffee) found Stormy laying flat on the ground in the laundry room. We rushed him to the vet (a friend of my husband's) and he was found to be in heart failure. The vet was honest and told us he was very concerned about Stormy and that he would run some tests and asked to keep him for the day, but reiterated that he was 'very, very sick'. Reluctantly, we returned home...crying and crying. I was unable to work so I simply went to bed and put my head under the blanket. Stormy is literally the 'love of my life' and I was heartbroken beyond words.

Luckily, the meds did 'the trick' and Storm was able to come home yesterday afternoon with us. The vet said he had a 50/50 chance of living through the night...well, Storm is alive this morning!!! The vet also said he likely will be able to live a few more days or possibly even another couple of weeks. I am thankful to have him home and just want my baby to rest and be comfortable. It is terrible when something happens to our babies and people without pets often do not understand.
    Im sorry to hear this. Is he on heart meds or is he beyond that point?

Just keep him comfortable and love on him. Thats all you can really do.

Its okay to be a mess. I lost my shit when I put my 16 year old cat down.

Bewitching: I am so sorry, just cuddle him as much as you can.

Seems like a lot of us here have recently lost a pet. Now that I think about it, for me it's been 2 years but it seems just like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Thank you, friends. He just got back from the vet, as he was not eating anything and we were unable to put his meds (2 cardiac and 1 diuretic) in his mouth otherwise. They were able to do so and the vet said he was very surprised he made it through the night. My husband asked him to be honest on the prognosis (they are long time friends) and the vet said he might live another couple of days or even a couple of weeks. We are just keeping my baby comfortable (he is sleeping in my office right now).

He's adorable! Again, I'm so sorry. Just try to enjoy every second with him and take in every thing he does so that you can smile and remember it later. It's so freaking hard to lose them.

Ah. What a love! I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. We've lost two this horrible year. The only good thing was we got to spend some extra time with them while working from home.

It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Thank you, friends. He just got back from the vet, as he was not eating anything and we were unable to put his meds (2 cardiac and 1 diuretic) in his mouth otherwise. They were able to do so and the vet said he was very surprised he made it through the night. My husband asked him to be honest on the prognosis (they are long time friends) and the vet said he might live another couple of days or even a couple of weeks. We are just keeping my baby comfortable (he is sleeping in my office right now).

Hes so adorable

I lost 2 last year and it hurt. I understand what you are going through.

Bewitching, how is Stormy doing?

I sent you a rep earlier, but I forgot to sign it because I keep thinking you are preemie.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 10-09-2020 at 09:26 AM.

What a sweet little angel face. Hoping Stormy is resting comfortably.

Glad Cleo is showing great strides, RBW!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

IMG_20201031_155113637.jpg

Just call me the Fire Dog!

All dressed up for Halloween. Mom says we won't be bark-o-treating this year, too cold and way too scary out but she thought I'd appreciate a costume. Reader! I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post

All dressed up for Halloween. Mom says we won't be bark-o-treating this year, too cold and way too scary out but she thought I'd appreciate a costume. Reader! I do not.
    What an adorable, well behaved pup!

I couldn't even get my kid to wear a costume.

What an adorable, well behaved pup!

I couldn't even get my kid to wear a costume.
    Pictures can be deceiving. Once we got the jacket on it was fine, but there was a bit of a tussle convincing her that the outfit was needed.

Pictures can be deceiving. Once we got the jacket on it was fine, but there was a bit of a tussle convincing her that the outfit was needed.
    She's super too cute, and she's getting so big!

I love her!!!!!

What a cutie, Puzzld!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

My smart cat fell through the ceiling of our basement bathroom. She seems fine but my husband is pissed.

We can't figure out how she's getting into the laundry room then into the ceiling. We probably should set up a camera or something.

My smart cat fell through the ceiling of our basement bathroom. She seems fine but my husband is pissed.

We can't figure out how she's getting into the laundry room then into the ceiling. We probably should set up a camera or something.
    Oh no. Glad she's ok. Is it going to be a big deal to fix?

Thread Information