Page 651 of 655 FirstFirst ... 151 551 601 641 649 650 651 652 653 ... LastLast
Results 16,251 to 16,275 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Thank you, everyone! She's so happy to be home and it's as if nothing happened to her. She was ready to run around and just be herself again, but we're having to keep her calm. She still has staples galore and we don't need her jostling around the kidney inside while it's healing. She's just incredible. She'll get the staples out a week from Monday. Until then, she's just happy to be home and we are so happy that she's home with us again.
    I just asked how she was doing on the premie thread. So happy she is doing okay. What a sweet little girl she is. I love seeing pictures of her on FB.

I picked up cat that an owner decide "was an outside cat" after being an inside cat for years. He had a body condition score of 1/9, the lowest while still being alive. I will post a pic if I can.

When I found him, he had been fed 2 cups of food in 10 days.

[IMG][/IMG]

I forgot hes declawed too
    Last edited by Angiebla; 07-04-2023 at 06:24 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

You saved his life. Fuck that ex-owner.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    You saved his life. Fuck that ex-owner.
    Hes going to the vet tom. Will update.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Hes going to the vet tom. Will update.
    He has FIV I have to find him a home, which will be hard. Im crying.

What is that?

And I don't understand people who let their cats roam around outside. Don't they care if something happens??? Hit by a car? Attacked by other wildlife? Taken and tortured by some sick fuck? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Its the Feline Immunofiencency Virus. Its basically cat AIDS.

I have to find him a home bc he can spread it to my cat. But its VERY hard to find a home for a FIV+ cat, because they have to be the only cat and they get sick at about Sparky's age,

I'm so sorry. People suck.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm so sorry. People suck.
    Thank you, they do.

Especially when they are rich fuckers that lie to me.

Oh Angie, how wonderful that you saved that baby's life. I hope you are able to find him a new home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Oh Angie, how wonderful that you saved that baby's life. I hope you are able to find him a new home.
    Me too, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    What is that?

And I don't understand people who let their cats roam around outside. Don't they care if something happens??? Hit by a car? Attacked by other wildlife? Taken and tortured by some sick fuck? I just don't get it.
    Eats poison? Gets caught in a trap? Stuck up a tree? Lost??? I don't get it either, especially people who put their cats out at night. There are 1001 ways for a cat to get hurt outside. My neighbor in FL used to do that. One morning Max didn't come home. He was gone for 3 days and came home with a huge gash from the outside corner of his eye down the side of his face and on to his neck. It was a $6k repair bill. Now Max gets to sleep in the house at night. Grrr...

I have to find him a home bc he can spread it to my cat. But its VERY hard to find a home for a FIV+ cat, because they have to be the only cat and they get sick at about Sparky's age,
    This is such a bummer. Have you found a home for him yet? When I finally settle down and stay in one place, I'm going to adopt an FIV+ cat or two. I remember how hard it was to place them when I worked at the Vet Clinic.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Eats poison? Gets caught in a trap? Stuck up a tree? Lost??? I don't get it either, especially people who put their cats out at night. There are 1001 ways for a cat to get hurt outside. My neighbor in FL used to do that. One morning Max didn't come home. He was gone for 3 days and came home with a huge gash from the outside corner of his eye down the side of his face and on to his neck. It was a $6k repair bill. Now Max gets to sleep in the house at night. Grrr...

This is such a bummer. Have you found a home for him yet? When I finally settle down and stay in one place, I'm going to adopt an FIV+ cat or two. I remember how hard it was to place them when I worked at the Vet Clinic.
    Seriously, every day I see posts about people missing their outdoor cats....like, "Timmy didn't come home like usual, please tell me if you see him!" Um, Timmy probably isn't coming back because there have been multiple coyote sightings and you have been told to keep your cat indoors, but you refused. BUT you care so much?! Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

It has been impossible. Everyone claims that the old rules are outdated and try to fight with me on fb, yet, they wont take him.

The place I volunteer has a year waiting list, and they dont take FIV cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Seriously, every day I see posts about people missing their outdoor cats....like, "Timmy didn't come home like usual, please tell me if you see him!" Um, Timmy probably isn't coming back because there have been multiple coyote sightings and you have been told to keep your cat indoors, but you refused. BUT you care so much?! Ugh.
    My cats are indoors, unless they escape. Even my foster cat is.

It has been impossible. Everyone claims that the old rules are outdated and try to fight with me on fb, yet, they wont take him.

Our two are indoor as well. I would freak out if they escaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Our two are indoor as well. I would freak out if they escaped.
    My partially blind cat got out and I freaked. We found him under the porch under our sun room. Im so glad.

My partially blind cat got out and I freaked. We found him under the porch under our sun room. Im so glad.
    Whew. I don't know what I would do. The one we inherited from my mom when she passed is declawed, but was feral when she got her. She has major attitude and would likely be fine. Our other one, the Ragdoll, is another story. He has his claws, but he is super spoiled and loves the finer things in life.

I've heard this as well, that as long as your healthy cat is vaccinated, etc. But I thought they discontinued the FIV vaccine because there were issues with it? Anyway, maybe that's what people are thinking. If your cat is vaccinated, it could be around an FIV kitty. So what are you going to do about this little guy?

He was smart enough to seek a safe space, glad you found him. I would be freaking too.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I've heard this as well, that as long as your healthy cat is vaccinated, etc. But I thought they discontinued the FIV vaccine because there were issues with it? Anyway, maybe that's what people are thinking. If your cat is vaccinated, it could be around an FIV kitty. So what are you going to do about this little guy?

He was smart enough to seek a safe space, glad you found him. I would be freaking too.
    I have no idea what im going to do with him

There is no FIV vaccine anymore. Its transmitted through deep bite wounds. Romeo is showing signs of being stressed. The had a small fight before, so IDK if transmission is possible.

My vet and I decided he needs to be rehomed.

People arguing with me arent helping anything, just making it worse.

Yeah, people need to mind their own business. Everybody has an opinion, right? I'm really sorry about this. If I was in a position to do so, I would take Sparky in a heartbeat.

Yeah, people need to mind their own business. Everybody has an opinion, right? I'm really sorry about this. If I was in a position to do so, I would take Sparky in a heartbeat.
    Thank you.

An old friend got in touch with me today. She wanted to let me know she'd encountered a dog that would be perfect for us. Precisely the kind of dog I'd snatch up if things were different. Not a tiny puppy. 9 months old or so. The size I like. No shedding. Great temperament and so on. A real Goldie Locks-type dog. Sadly, Roomie isn't doing well, my 85-year-old mother isn't doing well, and our two senior dogs aren't up for even the most excellent new dog.

Get thee behind me Satan!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    An old friend got in touch with me today. She wanted to let me know she'd encountered a dog that would be perfect for us. Precisely the kind of dog I'd snatch up if things were different. Not a tiny puppy. 9 months old or so. The size I like. No shedding. Great temperament and so on. A real Goldie Locks-type dog. Sadly, Roomie isn't doing well, my 85-year-old mother isn't doing well, and our two senior dogs aren't up for even the most excellent new dog.

I am so sorry to hear about your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post

Puppies are hard in the best of situations.

I'm so sorry about your mom and your roomie.

Thread Information