Page 633 of 655 FirstFirst ... 133 533 583 623 631 632 633 634 635 643 ... LastLast
Results 15,801 to 15,825 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I spent part of the night and then an hour this morning at the Emergency Vet and then 2 hours at my regular vet, my youngest one has aspirate pneumonia. We took her to the beach yesterday and then after we got home she took took a bad tumble while getting her bath and trying to jump out of the tub. Shortly after that she went downhill fast. She became super lethargic and started vomiting, and then it started having blood in the vomit. I got her to the ER vet and they took Xrays and said they weren't as concerned about her vomiting as they were about her lungs. They showed me the xrays, her left lung looked terrible and they said she had some fluid in her abdomen. She was very tender on her abdomen, so I was worried that she had lacerated something when she jumped out of the tub and fell.

They kept her all night and put her in the O2 kennel. I had to go pick her up by 6:30 and transfer her to my regular vet this morning. They did an ultrasound, and don't think she has any lacerations, but they think she may have bruised her lung in the fall and then aspirated some of the vomit. She's on two different antibiotics, and antiemetic and sucralfate. FML.

The whole reason I agreed to take a puppy was because after 20 years of nothing but older rescue dogs, I thought it would be nice to also have a healthy youngster. This dog has been in the ER vet twice in 5 months.
    Did they say why they thought she had blood in her vomit?

Did they do the breathing treatment where they put liquid Gentamycin and oxygen together in a cage with her to help with the pnemonia?

That's so scary I'm sorry you are going through this.

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Did they say why they thought she had blood in her vomit?

Did they do the breathing treatment where they put liquid Gentamycin and oxygen together in a cage with her to help with the pnemonia?

That's so scary I'm sorry you are going through this.

I'm so sorry you are going through this.
    They did giver her several medications, but the notes said that they were unable to do breathing treatments due to her panting or something like that. She was in the O2 cage, but I guess they didn't add anything else to the O2 based on those notes.

They think she threw up so much that she irritated her esophagus. That's why they gave her the sucralfate they said, and they said it was imperative that she not vomit anymore.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and thoughts!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I spent part of the night and then an hour this morning at the Emergency Vet and then 2 hours at my regular vet, my youngest one has aspirate pneumonia. We took her to the beach yesterday and then after we got home she took took a bad tumble while getting her bath and trying to jump out of the tub. Shortly after that she went downhill fast. She became super lethargic and started vomiting, and then it started having blood in the vomit. I got her to the ER vet and they took Xrays and said they weren't as concerned about her vomiting as they were about her lungs. They showed me the xrays, her left lung looked terrible and they said she had some fluid in her abdomen. She was very tender on her abdomen, so I was worried that she had lacerated something when she jumped out of the tub and fell.

They kept her all night and put her in the O2 kennel. I had to go pick her up by 6:30 and transfer her to my regular vet this morning. They did an ultrasound, and don't think she has any lacerations, but they think she may have bruised her lung in the fall and then aspirated some of the vomit. She's on two different antibiotics, and antiemetic and sucralfate. FML.

The whole reason I agreed to take a puppy was because after 20 years of nothing but older rescue dogs, I thought it would be nice to also have a healthy youngster. This dog has been in the ER vet twice in 5 months.
    OMG!!!!! That's so scary! I'm glad that there's no lacerations, but I'm so sorry that both you guys and she is having to go through this. Please keep us updated and until then I'm sending the good energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

They did giver her several medications, but the notes said that they were unable to do breathing treatments due to her panting or something like that. She was in the O2 cage, but I guess they didn't add anything else to the O2 based on those notes.

They think she threw up so much that she irritated her esophagus. That's why they gave her the sucralfate they said, and they said it was imperative that she not vomit anymore.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and thoughts!
    Is she not vomiting now? Poor thing is getting hit with stomach issues and pnemonia. She's young so she will bounce back sooner than usual though.

So the bleeding in her vomit was a tear from her esophagus?
    Last edited by Angiebla; 10-01-2020 at 04:06 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Is she not vomiting now? Poor thing is getting hit with stomach issues and pnemonia. She's young so she will bounce back sooner than usual though.

So the bleeding in her vomit was a tear from her esophagus?
    That's what they think. She ate a little bit today after I brought her home, but you can tell she still doesn't feel good. I think the stomach issues caused the pneumonia. They think she got some of the vomit in her lungs, and she also had some injury on the lungs from the fall.

That's what they think. She ate a little bit today after I brought her home, but you can tell she still doesn't feel good. I think the stomach issues caused the pneumonia. They think she got some of the vomit in her lungs, and she also had some injury on the lungs from the fall.
    Aww poor thing. I feel like shit when I have pnemonia. Give her some extra snuggles for me and keep us updated.

Pulling for our little Chow Chow. She has to be okay because I say she has to be. She will be. Just love on her and everything will be okay

How is the baby, RBW?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    How is the baby, RBW?
    She's doing ok. She still sounds super raspy and gets out of breath if she does anything (and she's normally a bundle of energy). She did finally eat something last night, which made me happy. She's slowly moving forward...I've never had a dog with pneumonia that I know of, so I guess she's proceeding along as planned. They gave her two fulls weeks of medication and she goes back for a checkup on Thursday. Thanks for asking!

She's doing ok. She still sounds super raspy and gets out of breath if she does anything (and she's normally a bundle of energy). She did finally eat something last night, which made me happy. She's slowly moving forward...I've never had a dog with pneumonia that I know of, so I guess she's proceeding along as planned. They gave her two fulls weeks of medication and she goes back for a checkup on Thursday. Thanks for asking!
    I'm glad to hear she's eating and slowly getting better slowly. The out of breath thing is normal.

My sister got a new dog and it hates me I've never had a dog not like me.

My sister got a new dog and it hates me I've never had a dog not like me.
    What kind of dog? That makes me sad. I know you were just as heart broken as they were when they lost Oscar.

What kind of dog? That makes me sad. I know you were just as heart broken as they were when they lost Oscar.
    Oscar was my BFF

This dog is a lab/mastiff mix. She growled at me and wouldnt look at me except for the side eye. She wouldn't come close to me except for a couple seconds, then she would run away. She's not a puppy, she's 2.

I was going to help my sister out and let her out during the week but if she doesn't let me near her, I can't put her on a leash and let her out. She doesn't urinate outside anyway, only in the house.

I think she's very stressed and I feel bad that she doesn't like me, but I feel worse for her bc she's stressed. The owner got a divorce and moved into an apartment and couldn't take the dog. She was uprooted from her fam. She lived in West Virginia and came all the way to Ohio.

Have any of your dogs acted like this around strangers but warmed up to them?

Hey everyone! We took on a baby that was almost dead. He had got hit by something and had a fractured skull. I?ll give you pictures shortly. We are now at 4 dogs....

Oscar was my BFF

This dog is a lab/mastiff mix. She growled at me and wouldnt look at me except for the side eye. She wouldn't come close to me except for a couple seconds, then she would run away. She's not a puppy, she's 2.

I was going to help my sister out and let her out during the week but if she doesn't let me near her, I can't put her on a leash and let her out. She doesn't urinate outside anyway, only in the house.

I think she's very stressed and I feel bad that she doesn't like me, but I feel worse for her bc she's stressed. The owner got a divorce and moved into an apartment and couldn't take the dog. She was uprooted from her fam. She lived in West Virginia and came all the way to Ohio.

Have any of your dogs acted like this around strangers but warmed up to them?
    This isn't uncommon. How long has she been with your sister? They say the first 3 days that they just need to decompress-if they want to just hide under the bed during this time they say to let them. They say it takes 3 months for you to see their real full personality. Is she ok with your sister? Maybe she needs to see you around your sister (if she already likes and trusts your sister).

Sky was suuuuuppeeerrr afraid of my husband when we first got her. She doesn't love him like she does me, but she's ok with him now. We had another dog years ago that was 7 when we adopted her. She hated my husband at first (I adopted her while we were living apart for a job, and she bonded with only me and didn't like when he came home) but eventually she loved him too. Maybe someone was mean to her and you remind her of that person?

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Hey everyone! We took on a baby that was almost dead. He had got hit by something and had a fractured skull. I?ll give you pictures shortly. We are now at 4 dogs....
    Oh wow, poor doggie. Glad he found you guys! Post pics!

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post

This isn't uncommon. How long has she been with your sister? They say the first 3 days that they just need to decompress-if they want to just hide under the bed during this time they say to let them. They say it takes 3 months for you to see their real full personality. Is she ok with your sister? Maybe she needs to see you around your sister (if she already likes and trusts your sister).

Sky was suuuuuppeeerrr afraid of my husband when we first got her. She doesn't love him like she does me, but she's ok with him now. We had another dog years ago that was 7 when we adopted her. She hated my husband at first (I adopted her while we were living apart for a job, and she bonded with only me and didn't like when he came home) but eventually she loved him too. Maybe someone was mean to her and you remind her of that person?

Oh wow, poor doggie. Glad he found you guys! Post pics!
    She just got her yesterday, but the dog was okay with my mom and step dad She's super attached to my sister, and I was in the room with my sister when I met her. She growled at me, so I gave her her space.

Oh my.... a sick baby, a hurt baby, and a frightened new neph-dog. Sending hugs and warm wishes to all the little fuzzy faces tonight.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Im going over there today to try again!

Im going over there today to try again!
    Bring a yummy treat and just act like you're not that pushed that she isn't your buddy. I have a feeling she will come around. These rescue dogs go through so much change in such a small amount of time; it's amazing that they adapt as well as they do. I suspect in no time you guys will be buddies.

Bring a yummy treat and just act like you're not that pushed that she isn't your buddy. I have a feeling she will come around. These rescue dogs go through so much change in such a small amount of time; it's amazing that they adapt as well as they do. I suspect in no time you guys will be buddies.
    She let me pet her a couple of times I brought treats but she wouldnt take them from me.

She peed in the house, and put a towel over it. Then she pooped and scooted it under the towel too shes like a cat.

I didnt go to her at all, I didnt want to seem aggressive. So she came to me a couple of times. My sister was there with me, she seemed like she was guarding her. Outside she didnt like me but she was okay inside. I guess its a territorial thing.

She let me pet her a couple of times I brought treats but she wouldnt take them from me.

She peed in the house, and put a towel over it. Then she pooped and scooted it under the towel too shes like a cat.

I didnt go to her at all, I didnt want to seem aggressive. So she came to me a couple of times. My sister was there with me, she seemed like she was guarding her. Outside she didnt like me but she was okay inside. I guess its a territorial thing.
    That's great news, and this is still early days in her new home so I expect her to continue coming around. I would make a point to go over there a lot right now so that she just expects you to be there and it's not a big deal. I'm happy that your sister got a new dog, I know losing Oscar was a huge blow for all of you guys!

That's great news, and this is still early days in her new home so I expect her to continue coming around. I would make a point to go over there a lot right now so that she just expects you to be there and it's not a big deal. I'm happy that your sister got a new dog, I know losing Oscar was a huge blow for all of you guys!
    Thank you!

I don't know what to tell her about the dog urinating/defecating in the house. They take her out constantly but she refuses to go outside. I don't think it's caused by a medical problem so I'm trying to do some research but I'm not finding concrete ideas to help the problem and some info is contradicting other info.

Oh well.

Thank you!

I don't know what to tell her about the dog urinating/defecating in the house. They take her out constantly but she refuses to go outside. I don't think it's caused by a medical problem so I'm trying to do some research but I'm not finding concrete ideas to help the problem and some info is contradicting other info.

Oh well.
    Did she live inside in her old house? If so, my guess is that she is stressed and needs to decompress. I would continue taking her out, but realize that these accidents may happen. My suspicion is that she will 'figure it out' as she relaxes and figures out how the household runs. If she doesn't get better in about a week, then I would think about having her checked to make sure there is nothing medically wrong with her.

Did she live inside in her old house? If so, my guess is that she is stressed and needs to decompress. I would continue taking her out, but realize that these accidents may happen. My suspicion is that she will 'figure it out' as she relaxes and figures out how the household runs. If she doesn't get better in about a week, then I would think about having her checked to make sure there is nothing medically wrong with her.
    I'm not sure where she lived in her old house. I think it's stress/fear too.

What's weird is she hasn't gone to the bathroom outside at all. I think something is scaring her outside and she has an aversion to it. I think she just holds it in until she can't anymore

What's weird is she hasn't gone to the bathroom outside at all. I think something is scaring her outside and she has an aversion to it. I think she just holds it in until she can't anymore
    Does she have a fenced in yard, or are they taking her out on leash? Sky will not go on leash, period. When I took her to Houston last year she held it for two days and then went as soon as we got home.

My guess is that she was always an outdoor dog based on her behavior. She has always just gone where she lives so doesn't get going outside versus inside and my guess is that she's afraid to go outside in case she's left there for good. As for how she's acting around you, I'd bet my life that she's just over protective of your Sister. She was rescued by her and she knows she has a good life now because of her. Be careful when your sister isn't there. It could go one of two ways. She'll either be completely different without her there and want lots of love and attention from you, or she could get even more territorial and aggressive if confronted alone in the house. The more you go there and get her familiar with you and familiar with her knowing you belong in the house, the better.

Give her time. She'll eventually adjust. It just takes time.

Thread Information