Page 545 of 655 FirstFirst ... 45 445 495 535 543 544 545 546 547 555 595 645 ... LastLast
Results 13,601 to 13,625 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    A BG curve is a test they do at the vets. Usually the clients drop off their pet first thing in the morning. The pet has to fast the entire time, but can have water. They do blood glucose tests every 2 hours or so and record the numbers. The length of the test depends how long a pattern in the BG levels is established. They do the test to determine what dose of insulin or NPH the pet should be on.

Hill's makes canned food for specific issues. W/d is for diabetic animals.
    We got the food from the vet, but I can't remember what brand it is. It's for diabetic cats. The Vet started Newman on 2 mg or whatever the measurement is of insulin twice a day. Ray has to call him Monday to give him an update. We're probably going to take him in next Saturday when we take his dog for shots.

A BG curve is a test they do at the vets. Usually the clients drop off their pet first thing in the morning. The pet has to fast the entire time, but can have water. They do blood glucose tests every 2 hours or so and record the numbers. The length of the test depends how long a pattern in the BG levels is established. They do the test to determine what dose of insulin or NPH the pet should be on.

Hill's makes canned food for specific issues. W/d is for diabetic animals.
    Also, the Vet didn't mention the BG curve test. He tested his blood and his urine and is waiting to hear from Ray about how he's doing. This Vet is really good. I used to bring my dogs and cats to him when I lived in that town. I was seeing a Vet up here, and my dog was very sick, and they didn't diagnose her. I took her to this same Vet an hour away, and he diagnosed her immediately. He does a lot of work with German Shepherds. I found a new Vet near where I live, and she's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    We got the food from the vet, but I can't remember what brand it is. It's for diabetic cats. The Vet started Newman on 2 mg or whatever the measurement is of insulin twice a day. Ray has to call him Monday to give him an update. We're probably going to take him in next Saturday when we take his dog for shots.
    I'm just trying to figure out how they figured out what dose to put him on. They may have just started at the lowest dose.

They told you how to store it, and to roll it in your hands first and all that jazz?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

sexy judy has a tumor thingie on her whoo-ha. she's had it for a couple of years and sometimes it's bigger and sometimes it's smaller. my sister is a vet assistant and told be that it was probably a fatty tumor and to have it checked out if it changes drastically or bothers her. for the past couple of weeks it has seemed bigger and this weekend she has licked it to the point that it is scabbed.

i finally have enough money saved up to see a vet. i'm taking her in on wednesday.

is it possible to just have them cut it off without all the testing? i mean, i don't want to sound like a bad dog mama, but if it is cancer, there isn't a damned thing i can do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    sexy judy has a tumor thingie on her whoo-ha. she's had it for a couple of years and sometimes it's bigger and sometimes it's smaller. my sister is a vet assistant and told be that it was probably a fatty tumor and to have it checked out if it changes drastically or bothers her. for the past couple of weeks it has seemed bigger and this weekend she has licked it to the point that it is scabbed.

i finally have enough money saved up to see a vet. i'm taking her in on wednesday.

is it possible to just have them cut it off without all the testing? i mean, i don't want to sound like a bad dog mama, but if it is cancer, there isn't a damned thing i can do about it.
    The way to find out what the tumor is made of is after they remove it, they send it out to a lab to be tested. You don't have to have it sent out. I know a lot of people choose not to.

Is sexy Judy spayed?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

The way to find out what the tumor is made of is after they remove it, they send it out to a lab to be tested. You don't have to have it sent out. I know a lot of people choose not to.

Is sexy Judy spayed?
    totes spayed. i got her some shots also, when i spayed her but that was like 5 years ago. i told them she probably needed some as well.

she seems healthy as can be, just has a gross dangly thingie coming off her vag. it freaks my dad out. he won't let her sit on him anymore.

totes spayed. i got her some shots also, when i spayed her but that was like 5 years ago. i told them she probably needed some as well.

she seems healthy as can be, just has a gross dangly thingie coming off her vag. it freaks my dad out. he won't let her sit on him anymore.
    I was seeing if the thingy looked bigger because she was possibly in heat and her area was swollen. But you said she's spayed so it probably changes in size because she messes with it. Do you have a cone (ecollar)?

i'm going out to get one tomorrow from the pet store because they are very expensive at the vet.

i'm going out to get one tomorrow from the pet store because they are very expensive at the vet.
    They make cloth ones now that blow up. Dogs seem to hate those a little less

I would put it on her before the vet visit for two reasons:
    1.) so she doesn't mess with the vag growth 2.) to get her used to wearing it.

If you do get the plastic one, the way to keep it on is to put the collar through the loops

ok! thanks! i'm going to go get one now.

oh. i'm going to wait until tomorrow 'cause my mom told me about a place called hesperia vet supply that is cheaper, i guess, than the big retailers.

oh. i'm going to wait until tomorrow 'cause my mom told me about a place called hesperia vet supply that is cheaper, i guess, than the big retailers.
    Do you know what size she is?

i'd say a medium. she's no small wa-wa. why?

i'd say a medium. she's no small wa-wa. why?
    They come in sizes 30, 25, 20, 15, and 10. 30 is for really big dogs and 10 is for small dogs. You will need to know what size you will need before going there.

maybe i'll just take her with me and we can have a fashion montage?

maybe i'll just take her with me and we can have a fashion montage?
    Yeah that's probably a better idea

well, now i feel like an asshole. sexy judy is in perfect health except for A PROLAPSED VAGINA.

how does this even happen?

this is the last time i take pet advice from my vet assistant sister. also, this is the last time i defer to my mother when i say that i want it checked out and she says not to worry about it unless it gets worse. i swear i wanted to take her in right away.

i think my family is just cheap.

surgery is tomorrow. total cost: ~$600

Oh no!! Poor sexy judy!

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Oh no!! Poor sexy judy!
    it's not like, coming out of her hoo-ha or anything, that i would have immediately taken her in for. it's off to the side, but near it. i guess the wall inside broke down and it's bulging from the inside. it basically looks like a big skin tag.

it's not like, coming out of her hoo-ha or anything, that i would have immediately taken her in for. it's off to the side, but near it. i guess the wall inside broke down and it's bulging from the inside. it basically looks like a big skin tag.
    I have never seen that happen, but I have seen my share of prolapsed rectums. One dog came in with what looked like a prolapsed rectum, but it was really a tumor. Things aren't always what they appear to be.

I feel bad for not knowing this was the issue. Next time send me a pic ok? I have actually administered anesthesia and monitored/assisted with surgeries-so I have some idea of what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 09-24-2014 at 03:59 PM.

basically, it started looking like this, except over to the side, rather than above the vulva. it's now about twice the size. it has never bothered her until recently. the doctor said it was a prolapse of the vaginal wall, but the tech talked about removing the mass cell tumor.

they didn't offer to send it to test because it isn't believed to be a tumor or something.

definitely not like some of the pictures that show guts hanging out of the butt. nothing is hanging out of her junk, it basically looks like a tumor or a sebaceous cyst.

eta: here i found a picture of what it looks like now, more or less - only it's half the size of the one shown in this picture, maybe in between the size of a grape and a superball from a vending machine.

Last edited by animosity; 09-24-2014 at 12:38 PM.

I figured it wasn't a prolapse of her reproductive organs because she was spayed. Did the vet say she was spayed? I'm confused as to why the tech would say that if that's not what the vet said? There seems to be miscommunication there.

who knows. it'll be gone tomorrow and that's good enough for me.

mom said when she got home today judy looked totally out of it and had a fever. from the vaccinations, i guess. poor girl had the vax, blood drawn, and gets to go back for more in the morning.

who knows. it'll be gone tomorrow and that's good enough for me.

mom said when she got home today judy looked totally out of it and had a fever. from the vaccinations, i guess. poor girl had the vax, blood drawn, and gets to go back for more in the morning.
    Wait did your mom take her temp? Vaccination reactions are serious business.

They probably took her blood for a pre-op profile. We usually do the vax when they are still under-that way it stresses them out less.

i got the vaccines and the blood-work done at a discount for doing it today during the consultation. this way, they can send it to the lab instead of doing the tests in house before the surgery. i'll bet that since they were already sticking her with stuff, a couple more wouldn't hurt. she took it like a champ.

mom didn't actually use a thermometer but said she was hot. by the time happy hour rolled around (happy hour is when mom and dad pack up a few beers and go to the lake to watch the sunset), she was fine but not as enthusiastic about chasing ducks as she normally is. doing ok now.

i thought that the point of vaccines was to force your body to make antibodies. it seems to me like your body would react as if it were sick in order to start manufacturing them. i always assumed some type of fatigue was expected after getting them.

Thread Information