Page 620 of 655 FirstFirst ... 120 520 570 610 618 619 620 621 622 630 ... LastLast
Results 15,476 to 15,500 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Elphaba wanted to pop in and see if any other animals came to play.

"Hello, furiends! I cannot wait to see other animals come join our pawty!!"

This is Lexi. She is almost 15.

Last edited by Meshuga; 01-20-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Here's my beast

Most satanic and evilest cat EVER!!!
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    My Husband was walking our first client of the day when out of nowhere he fell over and died on the side of the road. Wasn't breathing and eyes were white. No phone service. He gave him CPR and brought him back! He saved the dog!

I'm shaking and I wasn't even there. We're certified in Pet CPR and first aid, but never even thought about if we had to actually use it. Insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    My Husband was walking our first client of the day when out of nowhere he fell over and died on the side of the road. Wasn't breathing and eyes were white. No phone service. He gave him CPR and brought him back! He saved the dog!

I'm shaking and I wasn't even there. We're certified in Pet CPR and first aid, but never even thought about if we had to actually use it. Insane.
    Wow. How amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Holy cow! Do they know what was wrong with the god? Good on your hubby!

I lost my girl today. She developed some mobility issues and after a particularly bad night (and week) we made the call to euthanize her. Chows have bad veins that roll, and they missed her veins like 8 times at the emergency vet, and the euthanasia medicine took forever to work. It was brutal and made a horrible situation worse. They had managed to get some sedative in her vein before, so she was asleep, but it was awful. I have been present at 4 other dog's euthanizations, and they were nothing like this. My girl deserved so much better than this, and I feel so guilty and awful. She was an amazing Chow!

I miss her so much! For the first time in 25+ years we do not have a dog. The house feels so empty.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I'm so sorry, rbw. You gave her a wonderful life full of love, so try not to dwell on those last few minutes. Try to take comfort in the fact she was asleep, and don't feel guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I'm so sorry RBW

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm a bit of a mess. My oldest cat started defecating outside the litter box, so I took her into the vet. The vet thought she had a UTI and put her on antibiotics. She was fine up until we went on vacation. We came back home last Sunday and there was urine and defecation everywhere. She keeps on urinating on the bed (I've washed my sheets/comforter every day, and other places I don't know about (we have tall, dark carpet) and on shoes.

I took her into the vet today and they admitted her they want to do a urinalysis, X-rays, and bloodwork. I don't know why they admitted her for that-but oh well. I'm sure she's scared out of her mind :(

On top of being upset about having to admit her, the tech informs me she had to put her tom cat down because he was urinating/defecating everywhere. I can't justify putting her down for that. Ugh my house smells and I'm upset.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ang,

Hopefully it's just something easy that they can treat and be done with, or you can do some kind of behaviour modification on. I know how much you love your kitties, and how upsetting this is. Are you supposed to go pick her up in the morning? I'm sorry all of this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Ang,

Hopefully it's just something easy that they can treat and be done with, or you can do some kind of behaviour modification on. I know how much you love your kitties, and how upsetting this is. Are you supposed to go pick her up in the morning? I'm sorry all of this is happening.
    Yes I pick her up tomorrow morning. I hope it's treatable too. Thank you.

All of her tests came back normal, she does have a small liver and kidneys though, which could lead to disease. My vet is running a urine culture test which could take a couple of days to get back results.

He sad to confine her to a room with a litter box, but that's not an option. I have my room, the babies room, and a spare room (which has a shit ton of stuff I don't want urine on). Her litter box is in our shoebox of a laundry room, and I don't want to close her in there.

Right now I have a gate up so she can't go upstairs, and I bought some "Cat Attract" litter that has pheromones in it. Hopefully it works.

Glad to hear that they didn't find anything really wrong!

You recently said the baby is crawling....do you think she could be acting out against the baby getting attention? Just a thought.

Glad to hear that they didn't find anything really wrong!

You recently said the baby is crawling....do you think she could be acting out against the baby getting attention? Just a thought.
    I think the crawling is somewhat a factor. I used the "cat attract" and she urinated and defecated in the box! Hopefully this is a new litter works *knock on wood*

RBW, I'm so very sorry about your girl and I'm sorry I wasn't here when she passed to give you a virtual hug

Ang, I'm happy to hear that her tests came back okay. In addition to it being a medical problem, cats will sometimes specifically pee on their owner's bed or pillows when they feel threatened by an alpha cat in the home. Maybe she views the baby as an Alpha and is acting out sometimes. Just something to think about. I don't deny that she could also be having issues because of her kidneys and liver either though. Could be a combination of both.

My vet just called me. My cats urine culture came back positive. She has an infection. I think that's why she's randomly urinating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    My vet just called me. My cats urine culture came back positive. She has an infection. I think that's why she's randomly urinating around.
    Ultimately that's good news. I know you don't want her to be sick, but at least this is something they know and can treat. Hopefully she gets better soon and stops the random urinating!

I'm happy to hear that it's only an infection. Some antibiotics will knock that right out

Ultimately that's good news. I know you don't want her to be sick, but at least this is something they know and can treat. Hopefully she gets better soon and stops the random urinating!
    I'm happy to hear that it's only an infection. Some antibiotics will knock that right out
    Thanks. She is the worst cat to give meds too. I've given a lot of meds to a lot of cats and she is the worst lol.

My younger cat is sick. She's not eating. I cant get her into the doctor until Weds. She was totally fine about a week ago, now I can feel her backbones because she lost so much weight. She is the most outgoing cat ever, but lately she's been hiding and it's killing me to see her go down so fast.

The older cat has no medical issues but is still urinating/defecating outside of the litter box

Ugh I just feel overwhelmed.

ETA: as a tech I know it's bad. I'm aware i may not make it out of the app with her alive :( it just sucks bc I want to love on her but she wants to hide and I have to take care of a 1 year old, so I don't have time to spend quality time with her. Ugh my heart just feels broken.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 11-26-2018 at 12:49 PM.

My younger cat is sick. She's not eating. I cant get her into the doctor until Weds. She was totally fine about a week ago, now I can feel her backbones because she lost so much weight. She is the most outgoing cat ever, but lately she's been hiding and it's killing me to see her go down so fast.

The older cat has no medical issues but is still urinating/defecating outside of the litter box

Ugh I just feel overwhelmed.

ETA: as a tech I know it's bad. I'm aware i may not make it out of the app with her alive :( it just sucks bc I want to love on her but she wants to hide and I have to take care of a 1 year old, so I don't have time to spend quality time with her. Ugh my heart just feels broken.
    I'm so sorry Ang! Could you get some of that calorie paste and make her take it to at least try to keep her from losing any more weight?

Keep us updated. I hope it's not as serious as you are thinking. Maybe she just has a virus or stomach issue they can treat.

I'm so sorry Ang! Could you get some of that calorie paste and make her take it to at least try to keep her from losing any more weight?

Keep us updated. I hope it's not as serious as you are thinking. Maybe she just has a virus or stomach issue they can treat.
    I will ask if they have Nutracil (sp?) but idk if she will eat it. They will probably try A/D hills prescription diet.

She's actually sitting by me right now wanting to be petted which she hasn't done in a bit, so that makes me hopeful, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I will keep you posted.

Thread Information