Page 626 of 626 FirstFirst ... 126 526 576 616 624 625 626
Results 15,626 to 15,641 of 15641

Thread: MDS pets

Since they won't spay now until 1 year, my girl is now in heat at 7.5 months. She and I are already over this. She's wearing dog panties, and she is not amused.

Plus my foster boy is coming back from the surgeon today, and they told me that I will have to keep warm compresses on his surgery site for two weeks to keep the fluid from accumulating in the stretched out skin where his giant cyst was.

Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Since they won't spay now until 1 year, my girl is now in heat at 7.5 months. She and I are already over this. She's wearing dog panties, and she is not amused.

Plus my foster boy is coming back from the surgeon today, and they told me that I will have to keep warm compresses on his surgery site for two weeks to keep the fluid from accumulating in the stretched out skin where his giant cyst was.

Fun times.
    I think it’s ridiculous the vet won’t spay your dog.

I’m surprised the surgeon didn’t place a drain in the surgical site to have the fluid drain out automatically?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think it’s ridiculous the vet won’t spay your dog.

I’m surprised the surgeon didn’t place a drain in the surgical site to have the fluid drain out automatically?
    Apparently that's the thing these days. They don't want to spay until the dog has reached full maturity to try to avoid some bone/ligament issues that they think having the hormones during growth helps to alleviate. IDK.

I've never dealt with a drain either, so I am not sure if that would be worse of better. He's home now, and it really doesn't look that swollen to me.

Apparently that's the thing these days. They don't want to spay until the dog has reached full maturity to try to avoid some bone/ligament issues that they think having the hormones during growth helps to alleviate. IDK.

I've never dealt with a drain either, so I am not sure if that would be worse of better. He's home now, and it really doesn't look that swollen to me.
    I know why they hold off spaying/neutering, my vet started doing it too. I’m just old school I guess.

Drains are messy, but they expel all pus/fluid from the surgical site.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I know why they hold off spaying/neutering, my vet started doing it too. I’m just old school I guess.

Drains are messy, but they expel all pus/fluid from the surgical site.
    Apparently some people think you should wait until 18 months. NOPE! I will wait until 1 year, but I am making her a spay surgery on her birthday!

The foster is doing great! He never really swelled up like they said he would. He has some loose skin, but considering how large it was that's to be expected. He has a bunch of stitches that have to stay in for another week+, but he is feeling and doing great!

oh my goodness! So cute!

oh my goodness! So cute!
    Thank you! They were really cooperative in the taking the pics...I was surprised.

My foster dog may have a home. He has been with us since September and had to have major surgery, so he didn't get listed for adoption until just over a month ago, after he healed. I am excited for him, but a little sad too. My youngest dog is going to be heartbroken...they are BFF's. I don't need a 3rd dog though. I hope he gets an amazing home-he deserves it!

My foster dog may have a home. He has been with us since September and had to have major surgery, so he didn't get listed for adoption until just over a month ago, after he healed. I am excited for him, but a little sad too. My youngest dog is going to be heartbroken...they are BFF's. I don't need a 3rd dog though. I hope he gets an amazing home-he deserves it!
    Well, scratch that. After spending all morning getting ready for him to get transported to his new home, the potential adopter has decided he is too young. He's about 2. He always was about 2. She knew that when she applied to adopt him. People confound me.

Well, scratch that. After spending all morning getting ready for him to get transported to his new home, the potential adopter has decided he is too young. He's about 2. He always was about 2. She knew that when she applied to adopt him. People confound me.
    Poor pup. If they weren’t sure if they wanted him, maybe this is for the best.

Poor pup. If they weren’t sure if they wanted him, maybe this is for the best.
    I agree. I just don't understand why they went forward when his age was advertised. Oh well. My pup will be happy her BFF is still going to be here for awhile. I just want him to get the perfect home.

So he IS getting adopted. It's a different family, and they are also adopting a female from the same rescue. I think that will be good for him, because he loves my girls. He is leaving this weekend. I am more sad than I thought I would be. I don't want to keep him, but I worry about him and also about my girl that loves him so much. I hope he has a wonderful life!

So he IS getting adopted. It's a different family, and they are also adopting a female from the same rescue. I think that will be good for him, because he loves my girls. He is leaving this weekend. I am more sad than I thought I would be. I don't want to keep him, but I worry about him and also about my girl that loves him so much. I hope he has a wonderful life!
    Yay rescue doggie!

I give you mad props, I could never foster (as much as I would like to, I know I will get too attached).

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I give you mad props, I could never foster (as much as I would like to, I know I will get too attached).
    I hear that from a lot of people, but honestly I just had the mindset when he came to us that he wasn't staying. I will definitely miss him, but I've always just looked at us as a place-keeper until he gets to his actual life. I am excited for him and his new family, and that has made it easier.

The two fosters I have had this year took about 6 weeks to get adopted once they were up for adoption (Jax was with us another 6 weeks before that because he had to get surgery and recover before he could be put up for adoption) so overall it's a pretty quick process, but without fosters the rescues can't do much. You should think about it. When you see them with their forever family it really makes you feel like you changed a life.

Thread Information