Page 602 of 656 FirstFirst ... 102 502 552 592 600 601 602 603 604 612 652 ... LastLast
Results 15,026 to 15,050 of 16377

Thread: MDS pets

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    A vet will have to definitively answer this for you. They can determine whether he has undescended testicles rather easily, and if that's the case, you should definitely get them removed as soon as you can because it does create a greater risk of cancer for the dog...my old roommate's dog had the same issue.
    I've only seen Cryptorchid animals have one testicle retained. It can happen to both testicles though. What Bowie says it right, it's important to get that taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Mary. Check with a vet. Flea meds are tricky for puppies and kittens, they can also tell you what seems to work with fleas in your area as it seems to vary from place to place.
    Yes Mary I second this. We would give one dose of Capstar to an animal along with Frontline, but, I would be extra careful with a small dog breed puppy.

So depending on the clinic, a puppy should get 3-4 "puppy shots". This consists of the Distemper/Parvovirus vaccination, a Rabies vaccination, and Strongid (de wormer). The place I used to work recommended starting at 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Does anyone use blue dawn for fleas and have it work?
    Blue Dawn is used to remove grease-like substances from the fur. I don't know that it works for fleas.

The shitty thing about fleas is that they are hard to get rid of. You have to vacuum thoroughly, and make sure you remove as many of them as possible. They can go "dormant" and chill in carpeting for months.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Sorry mary I just reread your post, and I missed some questions.

Most places will neuter a puppy as young as 4 months. Is he really small? Most places like them to weigh 5+ lbs (preferably 8).

One time this couple brought in this tiny black kitten they names Heidi for a spay. She was super cute and small. Turns out she was a he I called the owners and they didnt believe me. Sometimes when they are really small and young you can't tell the difference.

I would ask your vet about the 3x dose of the flea treatment formulated for a 15 lb dog. I worked with about 8 vets, and they got this question often. About half of the vets said it was okay, the other 4 said no.

I'm very sorry about your daughters cat she had to put down my step mom's cat had a tumor on his head, and he looked liked a scary monster as well. It was so heartbreaking to see. I'm so sorry you and your daughter went through that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

The big dogs owner has some flea treatment already, so I can forget about that. She called her vet, the one that her cats see and he said it was fine to take the capstar and made an appointment for next Tue. She called the previous owner back and asked about shot records. They said they forgot them in the car and they quickly faxed them to her at work. Things are looking better.

I think he seems small, but I know nothing about Shih tzu's. He only weighs 4 pounds and he seems small, even compared to my chihuahua's who are smaller than my biggest cat. We'll get our answers next week about male dog care and the soonest it can be safely done.

My daughter called and said within a few minutes of taking the Capstar she found 8 dead fleas on his naked belly. He'll sleep better tonight and us humans will too. Oh, vet also said the topicals can take a few days before they kick in and Capstar gives a head start on the adult ones and stopping the scratching.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    The big dogs owner has some flea treatment already, so I can forget about that. She called her vet, the one that her cats see and he said it was fine to take the capstar and made an appointment for next Tue. She called the previous owner back and asked about shot records. They said they forgot them in the car and they quickly faxed them to her at work. Things are looking better.

I think he seems small, but I know nothing about Shih tzu's. He only weighs 4 pounds and he seems small, even compared to my chihuahua's who are smaller than my biggest cat. We'll get our answers next week about male dog care and the soonest it can be safely done.

My daughter called and said within a few minutes of taking the Capstar she found 8 dead fleas on his naked belly. He'll sleep better tonight and us humans will too. Oh, vet also said the topicals can take a few days before they kick in and Capstar gives a head start on the adult ones and stopping the scratching.

Thanks guys
    Also I forgot to say a lot of dogs and cats develop flea allergies are all scratchy even after the fleas are gone.

I'm very glad he did get some vaccinations. You would be surprised how many kittens and puppies have worms, and they def need that Strongid.

I'm glad the capstar is helping!! Keep us posted.

The flea problem seems to be under control. He'll switch to advantage next month and take it all winter because there is so much more exposure to other animals where they live. He went to the vet and he is up to date on shots for 6 more weeks. He is in good health and has both testes. although they are super tiny...lol. He won't be neutered until 6 months and the vet will pull teeth if needed at that time. I guess the breed sometimes needs that.

My daughter fed her cat canned catfood and when she wasn't looking the little shit gulped it down. That made him one sick puppy. He puked and dry heaved 24 hours, then had pretty continuous diarrhea and lethergy. I googled his symptoms on Thanksgiving and parvo came up. I was pretty anxious for him to get better because he sure looked like he would die...lol. It was like snapping fingers and suddenly he was over it and he is back to his ankle biting ways.

My other daughter has the young cat that snorts a lot. He also had a tapeworm when she got him. She has taken him to the vet and has spent close to $600 so far. The vet thinks he has nasal polyps and has delayed his rabies shot because he acts sick. He is better after a couple rounds of antibiotics, but some symptoms persist. Her vet suggests that if he tolerates this, then he will just be a noisy cat. He does tolerate it, but now he is small for his age and struggles with grooming due to his breathing issue. We took him to our vet too and got a real diagnosis. He has a polyp, but it isn't in his nose...it's in his ear and he is probably deaf. We have all questioned if he can hear. It's hard to tell with ADD kittens, but he doesn't act normal. The polyp is visible through the tympanic membrane and it is ruptured and leaking a small amount of gunk in the ear canal and is infected. It may also be in his nose/sinus area. He is having surgery friday to have it removed and hopefully it won't come back. If left untreated, it can affect his balance and cause dizziness along with a list of other symptoms he did have when it all first started. Initially, he had facial drooping and swelling too which got better with antibiotics and a steroid shot. I have a feeling that if it weren't removed, he would always needs antibiotics and steroids. The first vet never looked in his ears, which is a shame because it's actually visible.

Today's visit for both animals cost $35 and surgery on fri will be around $300. They will attempt to reach the polyp through the mouth and up the auditory tube, if unsuccessful they will go through the outer ear. Merry Christmas Kitty. I want to get this done before I have my nose thing done. That has been moved up to Dec 16th and I have a feeling it will look bad and be painful, so I'm trying to take care of all other business so I can sit on my butt at home until I feel comfortable with it.

I had a feeling his man parts were just very small I'm sorry that you had that parvo scare, I'm glad he's doing better now.

I'm very sorry about your daughter's poor kitty. Is he white? The vet may have assumed he was deaf because he was white, and didn't bother to look into his ears. Either way, it was irresponsible to not do a thorough exam that included checking out the ears. The polyps in the ear probably made him look like he had vestibule issues. I hope he feels better after the surgery

He's mostly white, has two small gray spots on his head and a gray tail. His eyes glow red though and isn't that indicative of a white cat?

When this first started he had some issues with holding his head in a weird cocked way. He hasn't had any wiggly eyes or balance issues. I feel badly for him that his ear drum is damaged from it and it went unnoticed, that had to hurt. He is a pleasant kitty, playful and affectionate. He struggles with eating and drinking...gags and chokes a lot. I imagine his snorting, gagging and choking are a lot like adults feel when their ears are extremely plugged with a cold and the vacuum that occurs when trying to swallow.

Weird the old vet wanted to do a ct scan, but didn't look in the ears. New vet said ct scan is always nice, but he can see the polyp without a scan. We have really struggled to find a vet we like. The clinic I took my animals to used to be very good, but it seems like a new face with every visit. My dog suffered a fall at my vet and since she was an elderly dog, she never recovered from it. The vet didn't tell us our dog fell, but the vet tech did and apologized all over the place. They had taken her out of the room for shots and returned with a very bloody nose. She shook all night and was very clingy. She never bounced back and was euthanized within a few weeks when she couldn't manage to stand anymore. I left that clinic and tried another, but the cost was prohibitive. This new vet seems to have a lot of common sense and is located in a poor section of town, so the rates are more affordable. I was referred to him from a charity organization that only does surgeries, not regular vet care. They do dental work on cats and the most anyone will pay is $300 and that is for removing any number of teeth too. One set price regardless of how many teeth. I figured they would be a good place to find a recommendation for a vet. The vet we are now seeing volunteers for the charity and you can feel the love for animals there. Everyone got nails trimmed today too and I bought the tool they used for $5 which is much easier to use than the guillotine style I have been using. There was no charge for the cat today because we scheduled surgery.

I hope this solves his issues. He's had a tough kittenhood.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Hopefully this will work. I am trying to upload a picture of our 2 week old Great Dane puppy we will be getting next month. His name is Atticus Finch and he is so incredibly cute.

If it doesn't work, well, crap.

Crap, didn't work. I always forget how to add photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Hopefully this will work. I am trying to upload a picture of our 2 week old Great Dane puppy we will be getting next month. His name is Atticus Finch and he is so incredibly cute.

I LOVE the name I grew up with Danes and they are wonderful dogs. I hope you remember how to upload pictures soon because I'd love to see him!

Crap, didn't work. I always forget how to add photos.
    right click on pic
    copy image address
    paste that in the Insert Image thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    right click on pic
    copy image address
    paste that in the Insert Image thing.
    Thanks, Words. I am on my iPad and can't get it to work - I will try in the morning when I am back in my office.

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberT View Post
    I LOVE the name I grew up with Danes and they are wonderful dogs. I hope you remember how to upload pictures soon because I'd love to see him!
    That is neat. He will be our first Dane - we lost our beloved Golden Retriever in April and said we would never have another (Golden) because we would always compare the Golden to him. I have longed for a Dane forever so I am so excited.

Well, I'm off to buy a crate. This stupid pisser dog has one foot out the door and this is the only thing I can think of. The parents just spent ten grand retiling and re carpeting the house and this morning I found piss and shit in the dining room. They are gone for the weekend so they don't know, but if he keeps doing this, they are going to toss him to the pound.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I have two clients named "Atticus Finch". It's either surprisingly popular or the name follows me around

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Well, I'm off to buy a crate. This stupid pisser dog has one foot out the door and this is the only thing I can think of. The parents just spent ten grand retiling and re carpeting the house and this morning I found piss and shit in the dining room. They are gone for the weekend so they don't know, but if he keeps doing this, they are going to toss him to the pound.
    Speaking of crates (kind of) my stupid pet taxi plastic thing broke and my cat almost made a break for it. This is like the 3rd one I've bought in the last 2 years. I decided to spend a little bit more money on a mesh one and I'm glad I did.

Cleo just chillin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Angiebla; 12-20-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Is the dog older or a puppy? If the dog is house broken and it's having accidents it could be a medical problem.

He doesn't have a medical problem. His first owner was an old man who couldn't do anything to train him. The guy let him piss all over the place so he was never properly housebroken. For the most part, he goes outside, but we randomly find pee spots about once a week.

He doesn't have a medical problem. His first owner was an old man who couldn't do anything to train him. The guy let him piss all over the place so he was never properly housebroken. For the most part, he goes outside, but we randomly find pee spots about once a week.
    You really need to just start over with him. Like he's a brand new baby puppy. Crated or teathered to you. Out every couple of hours. No run of the house...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

You really need to just start over with him. Like he's a brand new baby puppy. Crated or teathered to you. Out every couple of hours. No run of the house...
    We bought the crate at noon and already he seems super comfortable with it until we close the door. He immediately wanted out as soon as we closed it. I suggested we just start by halfway closing (or closing it without latching it) while he is sleeping so he doesn't freak out. Right now he is sleeping in it. Yay! So far so good.

We bought the crate at noon and already he seems super comfortable with it until we close the door. He immediately wanted out as soon as we closed it. I suggested we just start by halfway closing (or closing it without latching it) while he is sleeping so he doesn't freak out. Right now he is sleeping in it. Yay! So far so good.
    It's his "safe place". Dogs are den animals by nature so it's normal to feel secure there.

Like Puzz said, treat it like potty training for a pup. He's been taught wrong and that habit may be hard to break. NOT his fault. It's called rehabilitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I have two clients named "Atticus Finch". It's either surprisingly popular or the name follows me around
    That is neat - and I thought I was being cleaver.

Thread Information