Thread: Jimmy Cialella (29) shoots man in arm because of noise during movie

Jimmy Cialella (29) shoots man in arm because of noise during movie

I actually found 2 MySpace pages that I think are this guy:

This one matches the mugshot in the article, it came up for James Cialella, age 30 from Philadelphia:  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID =115928653
    It also says he's in the US Army.

This one, I can't tell as much from the picture, but it came up for Jimmy Cialella, age 29 from South Philadelphia stationed at Fort Bragg:  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID =144202046

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, he was at the new Brad Pitt movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" when a family was making noise during the movie.  After an exchange (Cialella threw popcorn), he stood up to approach the family.  The father stood up to protect his family, and Cialella shot him in the arm.  Then Cialella sat down and continued watching the movie while the rest of the patrons fled.

That's another reason why I think both of those Myspace pages are for him up there.  With the Army reference, I wonder if he is suffering some sort of PTSD, where it was completely normal for him to shoot someone and then sit back down to watch a movie like nothing happened?  Not to mention carrying a .380-caliber gun to the movies.

The father is OK and Cialella has been arrested.

Honestly, I have been angry when other people in the movie theatre make noise.  Shooting someone, though?  Overkill.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/36752274.html?viewAll=Y&text=#comments

Posted on Fri, Dec. 26, 2008

Phila. man shot because family talked during movie

By Barbara Boyer
    INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

A South Philadelphia man enraged because a father and son were talking during a Christmas showing of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button took care of the situation when he pulled a .380-caliber gun and shot the father, police said.

James Joseph Cialella Jr., 29, of the 1900 block of Hollywood Street is charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, and weapons violations.

"It's truly frightening when you see something like this evolve into such violence," said police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore.

Police were called to the Riverview Theatre in the 1400 block of Columbus Boulevard about 9:30 p.m. where the gunshot victim, a Philadelphia man who was not identified, told police a man sitting near him told his family to be quiet and threw popcorn at his son.

After exchanging words, Vanore said Cialella allegedly got out of his seat to confront the family when the father got up to protect them. That's when the victim was shot once in the left arm, sending others in the theatre running to safety.

Cialella then sat down to watch the movie. Police arrived a short time later and arrested Cialella and confiscated his weapon, Vanore said.

Contact staff writer Barbara Boyer at 215-854-2641 or bboyer@phillynews.com.
    A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

Re: Jimmy Cialella (29) shoots man in arm because of noise during movie

I can't help but think, Benjamin Button must be REALLY engaging.

I've definitely wanted to beat the shit out of talkers before. Scary this dude was just bringing his gun on a casual day out.

for me this one could go either way.  Depending on if it was a good movie or not.

Sounds like the guy was just looking for an excuse to hurt somebody. Everyone has been annoyed by people at movies. Don't want the annoyance....wait for the dvd release!

hey he shot him in the arm, it isnt like he killed him.  i bet you thats one mofo who's not gonna be talking during a movie anymore.  mission accomplished. 

Thread Information