Thread: Open Sunroof Saves Toddler's Life

the color nine

Open Sunroof Saves Toddler's Life

SAN ANTONIO -- A 2-year-old boy escaped serious injuries Sunday night when the impact from a car that hit his grandmother who was carrying him sent him rolling into the vehicle's sunroof and landing safely inside the vehicle, police said.

The 45-year-old woman was carrying her grandson in her arms as she attempted to cross the intersection of Bynum and King avenues and a car struck her, police said.

The impact sent the woman crashing to the ground, police said. Her grandson flew from her arms and smashed into the car's windshield. The toddler then rolled up the windshield and through an open sunroof and landed safely on the car's passenger seat, police said.

The toddler appeared to only have suffered minor injuries.

The toddler's grandmother was transported to University Hospital in critical condition, although police said it appeared she would make a full recovery.

The driver of the car, Reece Barcenes, said the only reason the sunroof was open was that the sun was shining brightly hours earlier.

"I didn't close it for whatever reason," he said. "And I just happened to have it opened. Everybody here tells me it was an act of God that I had it open. Had it been not been open or a hard top, God knows what would have happened to that baby."

Police are handling the incident as an accident and don't plan to charge Barcenes.
    http://www.ksat.com/news/18279836/detail.html#-

Re: Open Sunroof Saves Toddler's Life

The grandmother must be seriously at fault here if they're not pressing any kind of charges or even holding this guy. I mean, if he had come around the corner not paying attention they'd charge him with something, right? I wonder what the full story is there.

[quote author=AlexaC link=topic=17829.msg1128641#msg1128641 date=1230174733]
    The grandmother must be seriously at fault here if they're not pressing any kind of charges or even holding this guy. I mean, if he had come around the corner not paying attention they'd charge him with something, right? I wonder what the full story is there.
    [/quote]

I agree to a point. There are just freak accidents though, and so I am banking on that for now.

" Everybody here tells me it was an act of God that I had it open. Had it been not been open or a hard top, God knows what would have happened to that baby."
    :lol: they wouldn't have needed an act of god if your dumb ass hadn't hit the g-mom to begin with.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Thread Information