Thread: Oregon man gets drunk,stands on freeway throwin snowballs at cars wanting a ride

Oregon man gets drunk,stands on freeway throwin snowballs at cars wanting a ride

BEAVERTON -- He said he was just trying to flag drivers for a ride home, but police said it was a terrible way to get their attention.

A Beaverton man was arrested Friday morning after he allegedly threw snowballs at vehicles traveling along I-205 and leaped into traffic on I-5 early Friday morning.

Zach L. Kelly told police that he needed a ride home, so he started walking along the freeway and throwing snowballs at drivers to get their attention shortly after 3 a.m.

Officer Brad Moyle and Sgt. Kirk Tonkin also said that Kelly was spotted lunging at some of the vehicles, including a FedEx tractor trailer.

“Mr. Kelly was walking back and forth along the fog line, in a marching type manner, with snowballs in each hand. He was also walking in the center of the fast lane, and throwing snowballs at vehicles passing him in the slow lane,” said Sgt. Neil Hennelly with the West Linn Police Department.

Sgt. Tonkin explained to Kelly that his actions were quite dangerous, especially in the current weather environment. Then, he offered Kelly a ride to Tualatin.

Investigators said Kelly had been drinking, but appeared lucid. So they let him go after a stern talking-to.

But shortly after the officers dropped Kelly off, dispatchers began to receive calls of a man standing on I-5 and jumping into traffic.

Sgt. Tonkin went back, found Kelly, and this time, arrested him for disorderly conduct.

Kelly was lodged at the Clackamas County Jail, which coincidentally is also surrounded by snow, but snowballs are not allowed inside the building.
    http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_121708_news_beaverton_snowballs_freeway.7b4851 48.html

I am so proud to be in the same state as him. Hahaha. Heyyy We have bad snowy/icey weather... Lets go stand in the fast lane at 3am!

Re: Oregon man gets drunk,stands on freeway throwin snowballs at cars wanting a ride

Well it worked...he got a ride and out of the cold!

Thread Information