Thread: Man crashes due to his chihuahua under his brake pedal. (Older story)

Man crashes due to his chihuahua under his brake pedal. (Older story)

CLARK COUNTY - A driver and his dog are lucky to be alive after the minivan they were in plowed through a cyclone fence, went down an embankment and plunged into Salmon Creek on Thursday.

Scott Calderon was headed south on Highway 99 a little after 10 a.m. when he swerved to miss a utility truck and a barricade at the end of Klineline Bridge, which is closed.

The bridge's barricade is clearly marked, so how did Calderon (pictured on the right) end up in the mess he did? Well, it all started with his small dog, a chihuahua.

"He got trapped under the brake and I tried to kick him loose," said Calderon, who also had a cup of coffee in one hand and a cell phone in the other to contend with.

"The airbags deployed and I prayed," he said.

His prayers were answered.  The impact shattered the minivan's side windows but the vehicle landed nose up out of the water.

A nearby utility crew saw the minivan go over the edge.

"And (they) went down the embankment to check on the passenger, or the driver of the vehicle, and secured the vehicle with a rope to make sure that it didn't go further down the creek," said Leah Edwards with Clark County Fire District 6.

Rescue crews spent two hours setting up a pulley system and hauling Calderon to safety.  He was sore but otherwise fine.  His dog was OK as well.
    http://www.katu.com/news/16091292.html

I ran across this on a blog. It happened in February, and in my general area (of course). I know it's a little old but it is just so incredibly stupid, i had to post it (i did run a search before posting).

People like this guy are the reason i almost get in so many accidents and why i hate driving during peak hours. :lol:

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar

Re: Man crashes due to his chihuahua under his brake pedal. (Older story)

As if it wasn't bad enough that he had a phone and a cup of coffee in his hands..WHILE he was driving... the damn chihuahua gets under the break pedal. I bet he blames the dog.
    Balls.

[quote author=aquatwins link=topic=17653.msg1114196#msg1114196 date=1229067619]

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear God I just laughed so much at that picture my sister walked past and looked at me like I was crazy for cracking up into hysterics by myself.  :lol: :lol:

Poor chihuahua. :( That driver is a total douchebag.

Who the fuck drives with coffee in one hand, a phone in the other, and a fucking tiny dog running loose? You're supposed to have pets properly restrained, FYI. 

He should get his fucking license revoked. He could've fucking killed someone.

Some people should just stay home all the time.  Idiot drivers. 
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

i dont understand how the chihuahua can get stuck under the brake.. he really isn't that small.. i have a teacup chihuahua and he can barely fit underneath that area when my husband is driving.. that's just nuts!

i think it had something to do with his phone and the coffee but just blamed it on the dog.. good thing the dog is safe!

So he had a phone and a cup of coffee in his hands, had the dog loose in the car, and when it got stuck under the pedal he tried to KICK it loose? It's like a steaming pile of stupid that just keeps getting bigger and bigger  :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Thread Information