Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Koester (25) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

Olivia

Lisa Koester (25) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008/12/12/Lisa_Koester_(25)_committed_suicide_by_jumping_fro m_the_Sunshine_Skyway_Bridge

:-o

Re: Lisa Koester (25) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

I hope nobody witnessed this :-(

RIP Lisa. Sorry things couldn't get better.

Re: Lisa Koester (25) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=17649.msg1113550#msg1113550 date=1229035118]
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008/12/12/Lisa_Koester_(25)_committed_suicide_by_jumping_fro m_the_Sunshine_Skyway_Bridge

:-o

[/quote]

Wow!  I recently moved back to MA to be with my dad.  It's odd, one of the questions that I asked him yesterday (I've been away for quite a while) was regarding the two massive bridges we have near here.  These bridges were always a huge draw for jumpers.  The state or county decided they didn't want to be responsible and put up Samaritan signs as well as completely fenced the bridges to deny access to the outer ledges of the bridges.  Since that was done, there has only been 1 jumper in many years.  To this day, everyone wonders how she got out there.
    "I caught sight of my reflection, I caught it in the window.  I saw the darkness in my heart.  I saw the signs of my undoing."

Olivia

Where there's a will, there's a way

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=17649.msg1113598#msg1113598 date=1229038946]
    Where there's a will, there's a way
    [/quote]

I told him that I figured that she had used ropes or mountain climbing gear.  That's how well these bridges are enclosed. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cape_Cod_Canal_-_Bourne_Bridge.jpg

The twin of this one is on the other side of the canal.

"I caught sight of my reflection, I caught it in the window.  I saw the darkness in my heart.  I saw the signs of my undoing."

Re: Lisa Koester (25) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Brid

I think I found her facebook and her maiden name...not sure...looks like the same hair though...

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=Lisa+Kevelighan+Koester&init=q&sid =9e7e1f797d5fd93b72ddf2cfdb0debe5
    if nothing else it's a better pic of her.

RIP Lisa

What a beautiful bridge.  :-o

RIP Lisa.  I wish I knew what you were thinking.

I've been on that bridge and it is terrifying.  Poor woman must have really wanted to go.  :(
    RIP Lisa

Re: Lisa Koester (25) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Brid

So Sad  :-( I wonder if the kids in her myspace default pic. are hers? I feel bad for them  suicide affects families in the worst way

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

is there any chance of survival from jumping off of it.
    when i was a kid i always thought you would just go into the water kinda like a high-rise diving board.

is it the speed you catch on the way down?
    or the force pushes you under so far that you cant make it up in time for air?

really really sad :( it looks like she probably had kids she left behind.

RIP lady.  :2sad:

[quote author=ashleyhope link=topic=17649.msg1114852#msg1114852 date=1229130590]
    when i was a kid i always thought you would just go into the water kinda like a high-rise diving board.

[/quote]

Looks like quite a few survived it.

http://www.jumperpool.com/home.htm

ETA A message left re the most recent jumper reads, in part 'Your in a better place, surly god will welcome you into the kingdom of heaven. '

:lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=ashleyhope link=topic=17649.msg1114852#msg1114852 date=1229130590]

[/quote]

I don't think it's the speed as much as the sudden stop.  I'm not trying to be snarky about this, but that is what creates the trauma the body sustains in a long distance fall.  Water can be as equally lethal as concrete from high jumps.

that is very sad. she kind of looks sad in the facebook pic too, i mean she is smiling, but, maybe the smile was for someone else, not her. i hope she is where she needs to be.

Wow

It makes me feel dizzy and sick looking at the picture of the bridge.. I'd probably faint being there..
    I wonder what possessed her to jump..

Rest In Peace Lisa..
    .:+ Sometimes.. I wish that I had wings.. And I raise my arms up into the wind hoping that it will catch me and carry me away.. But it never does.. And the blood on my face reminds me that I have fallen.. +:.

Yeah, as someone who is terrified of heights, I have always wondered what attacts alot of suicidal people to opt to end it by bridge jumping. The Golden Gate Bridge has seen more suicides than any other place in the world. For those interested, there was a documentary video put together on it titled "The Bridge". If you youtube it, you can see the whole thing in like 8-9 parts (it's a 95 min long documentary).

R.I.P.  Lisa

Not to hijack this thread, but we just had an attempted suicide(or maybe he just slipped?) from a bridge on wednesday in my city.

The police found a black lexus sitting in the middle of the bridge, running with no one in it. And river patrol boats found the man 100 feet below the bridge.

Generally, there wouldn't have been a boat nearby to save him, But wednesday night was  the annual Christmas ship parade, so river patrol was protecting that, and was only 10 minutes from him.

The guy  was in the water for approx. 45 minutes, and suffered from hypothermian. He's now concious in the hospital, and has thanked the cops for saving him.

RIP to the person that didn't make it.

that website is vile but, so am I!  :-o i'm off to go read some of their stories

[quote author=Its Me De link=topic=17649.msg1115493#msg1115493 date=1229196139]
    that website is vile
    [/quote]

the youtube one >?? which one?

[quote author=Its Me De link=topic=17649.msg1115493#msg1115493 date=1229196139]
    that website is vile
    [/quote]

says someone from mydeathspace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

[quote author=whackjob link=topic=17649.msg1115546#msg1115546 date=1229198511]
    [/quote]

I was going to say that but held back.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

the color nine

I use to live by that bridge, in fact I was stopped on the next bridge over when the original Skyway went down.  I remember there was a group of bungee jumpers that survived jumping this new bridge when the bungee snapped, but then again they didn't fall the full height. 

Here is the chart from the Skyway Jumperpool.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=17649.msg1115581#msg1115581 date=1229200068]
    I was going to say that but held back.
    [/quote]

irony, YAY!  

back on topic, sometimes when i'm driving, i ponder pulling over on the side of the next bridge and jumping over the side. i resist the temptation and keep on keeping on to my destination. i am ridiculously afraid of heights but i think about the air on my face and the pull of gravity...

rip lisa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=17649.msg1115594#msg1115594 date=1229200743]
    I use to live by that bridge, in fact I was stopped on the next bridge over when the original Skyway went down.  I remember there was a group of bungee jumpers that survived jumping this new bridge when the bungee snapped, but then again they didn't fall the full height. 

Here is the chart from the Skyway Jumperpool.

[/quote]

From that same site, jumper pool, is a simple dedication to her:
    12.05.08, anonymous, Bradenton, The woman that tragically chose to take her own life on Thursday, December the 4th, was a sweet, beautiful, & caring 25 yr old who was loved dearly by many and will be missed terribly I personally understand that sometimes even when you're surrounded by those who love and adore you, you can still feel completely alone and hopeless in your own mind. The family is in need of all the prayers they can get. Please, if you see the signs, don't ever put it past someone to take these kinds of drastic measures - NEVER allow yourself the chance of having to look back and wish you would have done more for someone. This is absolutely shocking and devastating and a permanent solution to a temporary problem. God be with her, RIP LMKK

[quote author=ashleyhope link=topic=17649.msg1115539#msg1115539 date=1229198120]
    the youtube one >?? which one?
    [/quote]

[quote author=whackjob link=topic=17649.msg1115546#msg1115546 date=1229198511]
    [/quote]

I know huh? like I have any room to talk :-P
    Who am I to judge? I don't like how the jumper's are portrayed. IMO, I don't think suicide is a laughing matter

Thread Information