Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Koester (25) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

Re: Lisa Koester (25) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Brid

Every time i go over this bridge to go shopping at the outlet mall they have ... i can't help but think about the bus load of children that died from falling off the side of the original when it went down. Lots of people have jumped off that bridge. It's ridiculously high and feels like if you stop while traveling up you'll just roll backwards straight down.

scary. she had balls.
    Bwahahahaha !!!

Re: Lisa Koester (25) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Brid

[quote author=Its Me De link=topic=17649.msg1115812#msg1115812 date=1229211492]

I know huh? like I have any room to talk :-P
    Who am I to judge? I don't like how the jumper's are portrayed. IMO, I don't think suicide is a laughing matter
    [/quote]

I want to know the story on this one.

files indicate that 51 persons have jumped off the bridge since it opened in 1954. 43 persons died, including one man who was murdered when he was forced to jump at gunpoint; 8 have survived..."
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=17649.msg1115843#msg1115843 date=1229213159]

files indicate that 51 persons have jumped off the bridge since it opened in 1954. 43 persons died, including one man who was murdered when he was forced to jump at gunpoint; 8 have survived..."
    [/quote]

not good odds...

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=17649.msg1115843#msg1115843 date=1229213159]

[/quote]

i cant find anything on it after searching pages and pages of google... on the page for the jumperpool it lists the deaths as 'suicides' and not murder from 1996 to present so i think it probably happen before 1996.

[quote author=ashleyhope link=topic=17649.msg1115921#msg1115921 date=1229216753]
    i cant find anything on it after searching pages and pages of google... on the page for the jumperpool it lists the deaths as 'suicides' and not murder from 1996 to present so i think it probably happen before 1996.
    [/quote]

Wow, thanks. That's really nice of you to search. I'm working so didn't want to take the time. Sounds like a horrible death but a creative way to kill someone.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=17649.msg1115923#msg1115923 date=1229216997]
    Wow, thanks. That's really nice of you to search. I'm working so didn't want to take the time. Sounds like a horrible death but a creative way to kill someone.
    [/quote]

:oops: im at work too

when i read that, i was thinking about pirates and how they made people walk the plank...
    you dont hear that type of murder too often. normally the victim is already dead when they throw them in a body of water.

Re: Lisa Koester (25) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

It's so sad that she couldn't see any other way to make her distress end. I hope you have found peace now Lisa.

J

Re: Lisa Koester (25) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

we understand our site is not to everyone's liking. most visitors tend to read only a small part and that's ok, but they should perhaps read a bit more before condemning us too harshly. you may be confused at our stand on suicide and the bridge. we support anyone's need and desire to take their own life by their own hand anytime they chose to do so. we would like to see them seek out some help, but it's their business why they do it, not ours. we do hope they have a good reason and are not doing it on impulse for some stupid reason, like "he don't love me anymore". their choice of jumping off the bridge is unfortunate, as it does tie up traffic and create a scene. the costs for their stunt involves several agencies and considerable expense. the exposure then opens up the family to public scrutiny and condemnation. it is our contention that if one is to self eliminate, that they do so thoughtfully, privately, and with as little mess as possible. do your research, make your plan, and be respectful of others before you clock out for the last time. it's really not just all about you. hey kids, don't be jumping off the skyway bridge.                        http://www.jumperpool.com/

[quote author=jumperpooldotcom link=topic=17649.msg1116558#msg1116558 date=1229296211]
    we understand our site is not to everyone's liking. most visitors tend to read only a small part and that's ok, but they should perhaps read a bit more before condemning us too harshly.

[/quote]
    Howdy stranger! New here, aintcha?  You look like you might be our kind of people...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=jumperpooldotcom link=topic=17649.msg1116558#msg1116558 date=1229296211]
    we understand our site is not to everyone's liking. most visitors tend to read only a small part and that's ok, but they should perhaps read a bit more before condemning us too harshly. you may be confused at our stand on suicide and the bridge. we support anyone's need and desire to take their own life by their own hand anytime they chose to do so. we would like to see them seek out some help, but it's their business why they do it, not ours. we do hope they have a good reason and are not doing it on impulse for some stupid reason, like "he don't love me anymore". their choice of jumping off the bridge is unfortunate, as it does tie up traffic and create a scene. the costs for their stunt involves several agencies and considerable expense. the exposure then opens up the family to public scrutiny and condemnation. it is our contention that if one is to self eliminate, that they do so thoughtfully, privately, and with as little mess as possible. do your research, make your plan, and be respectful of others before you clock out for the last time. it's really not just all about you. hey kids, don't be jumping off the skyway bridge.                         http://www.jumperpool.com/

[/quote]
    :?When did that happen? Are you talking about someone here?
    I think the jumperpool site is neato, personally.

the color nine

[quote author=sue_vicious link=topic=17649.msg1116564#msg1116564 date=1229296566]
    :?When did that happen? Are you talking about someone here?
    I think the jumperpool site is neato, personally.
    [/quote]

Its Me De said she didn't like the site.  I personally think it's grand.
    I

we understand our site is not to everyone's liking. most visitors tend to read only a small part and that's ok, but they should perhaps read a bit more before condemning us too harshly. you may be confused at our stand on suicide and the bridge. we support anyone's need and desire to take their own life by their own hand anytime they chose to do so. we would like to see them seek out some help, but it's their business why they do it, not ours. we do hope they have a good reason and are not doing it on impulse for some stupid reason, like "he don't love me anymore". their choice of jumping off the bridge is unfortunate, as it does tie up traffic and create a scene. the costs for their stunt involves several agencies and considerable expense. the exposure then opens up the family to public scrutiny and condemnation. it is our contention that if one is to self eliminate, that they do so thoughtfully, privately, and with as little mess as possible. do your research, make your plan, and be respectful of others before you clock out for the last time. it's really not just all about you. hey kids, don't be jumping off the skyway bridge.                         http://www.jumperpool.com/

[/quote]

hahaha sounds like something that has been said in defense of MDS about 3905754 times. Welcome Mr/Ms Jumperpool. Thank you for your comments.

i'm sure both our sites will see an upturn in activity, due to current financial conditions and the fact things are getting worse fast. many just can't cope. buckle up, we're on a rocket sled to hell.

[/quote]

I actually spent quite a bit of time on the site and found some fascinating reading.  But, again, I love being quirky like that.  I really thought that it was great fit with MDS. 
    "I caught sight of my reflection, I caught it in the window.  I saw the darkness in my heart.  I saw the signs of my undoing."

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=17649.msg1116566#msg1116566 date=1229296810]
    Its Me De said she didn't like the site.  I personally think it's grand.
    I
    [/quote]

I admit at first, I was like ugh that site is vile but, I did read alot of the stories and then realized that it wasn't tasteless at all. At 1st I thought that they were making fun of the suicide's but realized that was not the case at all

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

[quote author=Its Me De link=topic=17649.msg1118021#msg1118021 date=1229410104]
    I admit at first, I was like ugh that site is vile but, I did read alot of the stories and then realized that it wasn't tasteless at all. At 1st I thought that they were making fun of the suicide's but realized that was not the case at all
    [/quote]

I thought of it similar to when people land here at MDS.  Some folks are pissed, others hang around and find some really good stuff. 
    "I caught sight of my reflection, I caught it in the window.  I saw the darkness in my heart.  I saw the signs of my undoing."

[/quote]
    I did not mean to condemn your site actually I realized you guys are doing a good thing by letting people to come and speak of their accounts as witnesses and for family member's to memorialize their loved ones. It broke my heart reading about a woman who's child kept asking "when is daddy going to stop being dead so he can come to my birthday party"
    No hard feelings?? 

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

[quote author=Its Me De link=topic=17649.msg1118029#msg1118029 date=1229410931]
    I did not mean to condemn your site actually ... No hard feelings??  [/quote]

none at all. your words were mild compared to the hate and death threats we have been gifted. we understand how many hate on us and try to be understanding of them. it's when they attack us personally where we have a little fun. death is a strange and fearsome result of living and some can't cope with that reality, especially when one close to them takes the big dirt nap by their own accord. whether they truly hate what we do, or perhaps blame themselves for not doing something to prevent the jump or worse, blame themselves for the jump, we take their hate with understanding.

[quote author=ashleyhope link=topic=17649.msg1114852#msg1114852 date=1229130590]
    is it the speed you catch on the way down?
    or the force pushes you under so far that you cant make it up in time for air?
    [/quote]

Got this little exerpt(SP?) from:  http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/11/02/MNG9UFH43N1.DTL

Suicide by bridge is gruesome, and death is almost certain. People have survived the fall, but not many. You might survive if you hit the water feet first and come in at a slight angle.

The impact is tremendous. The body goes from roughly 75 to 80 mph to nearly zero in a nanosecond. The physics of inertia being what they are, internal organs tend to keep going. The force of impact causes them to tear loose. Autopsy reports typically indicate that the jumpers have lacerated aortas, livers, spleens and hearts. Ribs are often broken, and the impact shoves them into the heart or lungs. Jumpers have broken sternums, clavicles, pelvises and necks. Skull fractures are common.

Which means you die one of two ways, or a combination of both. One, you hit the water and the impact kills you. Sometimes the jumper is knocked unconscious. Other times, the jumper survives for a time. The person can be seen flailing about in the water, trying to stay afloat, only to succumb to the extensive internal bleeding. Death can take seconds or minutes. Two, you drown. You hit the water going fast, and your body plunges in deep. Conscious or otherwise, you breathe in saltwater and asphyxiate.

You can usually tell which bridge jumpers drowned: Frothy mucus bubbles from the nose.

"Some people seem to think that jumping off the bridge is a light, airy way to end your life, like going to join the angels," said Marin County Coroner Ken Holmes, talking in the reception area of the coroner's office in San Rafael. "I'd like to dispel that myth. When you jump off the bridge, you hit the water hard. It's not a pretty death."  :lol:

I found this story interesting.  Shasta the dog. 

http://www.jumperpool.com/home.htm

05.06.98  • shasta, the skyway jumping dog.

dog jumps over the edge after his master - master dies, dog lives - 05.07.98
    dog lovers clamor to take shasta home - 05.08.98
    shasta the dog going home again - 05.09.98
    shasta the skyway dog plays role in picking new owner - 05.12.98
    home quest resumes for dog hurt in bridge fall - 05.15.98
    skyway dog finds a new home - 07.30.98
    06.07.98, © St. Petersburg Times, News leads TV through an ethical maze, Man dies, dog survives; how to cover?
    The first challenge presented itself early in the month, springing from the May 6 suicide of John Radd, a Lakeland area man who took his life by jumping off the Sunshine Skyway bridge with his dog, Shasta.
    Immediately, a conflict emerged between area news outlets' general aversion to covering suicides and the almost made-for-TV poignancy of a dog that survived its owner's fatal plunge from a bridge that has been the site of 10 suicides in 1998 alone.
    Eventually, most TV news shops pressed ahead in covering the plight of Shasta, the Rottweiler that survived the 197-foot-fall, only to become the subject of a brief custody battle between two friends of Radd, each of whom claimed a connection to the animal.
    In the process, some people wondered: Has the media's aversion to the details of suicide created a situation where we hear more about the dog that survived than the man who died?
    Melissa Klinzing, news director at Bay News 9, the 24-hour cable news channel, says focusing on the dog emphasized survival rather than death, giving viewers the sense they could still get involved by helping Shasta.
    "If it was a story about an institution, like a school, it's hard for people to think 'I can fix that tomorrow,' " she says. "But (helping the dog) is a pretty redeeming thing we can do right away."
    But Steve Schwaid, director of news and production at UPN affiliate WTOG-Ch. 44, has a blunter view: "There's an old axiom in TV news, and I'm not saying it's right, but it says you can always keep the viewer with kids and pets.
    "There's something brutally wrong with this society when we're more worried about dogs than (people)."
    The media's aversion to covering suicides has a long history, based on the idea that part of what prompts such actions is a desperate cry for attention.
    "It's an interesting psychological state potential suicides are in . . . and there's evidence that (media coverage) triggers rather than dissuades them," says Jay Black, the Poynter/Jamison endowed chairman of media ethics at the University of South Florida in St. Petersburg.
    But Patricia Daly, development supervisor at Personal Enrichment Through Mental Health Services - a Pinellas Park-based agency that helps counsel individuals considering suicide - suggests media coverage that doesn't downplay or ignore suicides but that emphasizes alternatives for those on the edge.
    "(The media) is in a position to say, 'Here's what the warning signs are' . . . or ask 'What has been done to make it more difficult for people to park their cars and jump?,' " Daly says. "A lot of times, people don't know . . . there's help out there."
    (In that spirit, here is the number for the 24-hour help line offered by Daly's office: 791-3131.)
    06.12.06, Deb B., St. Petersburg, FL., A dog survived about 5 years ago, it wasn't clear if he followed his master or was forced. He (a golden retriever I think) ended up at Tampa Bay Veterinary Emergency where I worked. The dog died of cancer a few years later.
    04.06.98, © St. Petersburg Times, St. Petersburg; Body of Skyway jumper is still missing

RIP Lisa 

[/quote]

My ridiculous fear of heights would have me begging for the guy just to shoot me.

[quote author=LilDevil link=topic=17649.msg1118322#msg1118322 date=1229445547]
    My ridiculous fear of heights would have me begging for the guy just to shoot me.
    [/quote]

Yeah I think I'd just let him shoot me, too. Better than jumping.

I was just looking at the jumperpool site again and this made me lol. It's a lady who wrote in because her mother had jumped and was listed on the site.

http://www.jumperpool.com/win2000.htm

My Mother & I will be standing inside the gate to Heaven, and we will be the ones doing the laughing when you don't get to enter, and as you step onto the BUS TO HELL . Have a nice day !!

It sounded a) so much like the hate mail we get here and b) so ridiculous that this 'Christian' woman is cheering about people going to hell. So typical of the ultra godly types.  :lol:

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=17649.msg1119198#msg1119198 date=1229489941]
    Yeah I think I'd just let him shoot me, too. Better than jumping.

I was just looking at the jumperpool site again and this made me lol. It's a lady who wrote in because her mother had jumped and was listed on the site.

http://www.jumperpool.com/win2000.htm

My Mother & I will be standing inside the gate to Heaven, and we will be the ones doing the laughing when you don't get to enter, and as you step onto the BUS TO HELL . Have a nice day !!

It sounded a) so much like the hate mail we get here and b) so ridiculous that this 'Christian' woman is cheering about people going to hell. So typical of the ultra godly types.  :lol:

[/quote]

ugh!  that's such a pet peeve of mine.  I wanna violently shake the Chrisitians that say stuff like that...  :roll:

especially when they have to add something irritating like "have a nice day!!" afterwards.  Condescending self righteous prick.

grrr.

ok I'm over it.

[/quote]

Did someone actually leave a suicide note on the bridge with improper english?!?!? 
    I almost thought jumperpool was a fake account but then I went to the website and realized they begin every sentence with a lowercase letter there also. The site is pretty sweet though. Good times.

[quote author=jenqtpie link=topic=17649.msg1119570#msg1119570 date=1229538773]
    I almost thought jumperpool was a fake account but then I went to the website and realized they begin every sentence with a lowercase letter there also. The site is pretty sweet though. Good times.
    [/quote]

we try to be not fake and thank you for your good words. while we work hard at practicing correct grammar and spelling, we do employ the annoying habit of avoiding capitalization whenever possible. this is a habit developed years ago and spills over into everyday life. the parents disapprove. please take this into consideration when we condemn others for their grammatical mistakes.
    we did get a detailed story from the guy in his boat that rescued the latest jumper. i'd post it here, but it's rather lengthy and does include many capitalized words. peek it up: http://www.jumperpool.com/winlist.htm#121708

Thread Information