Thread: Man pulls gun on woman after mistaking her "Go Gators" for a Racial slur.

Man pulls gun on woman after mistaking her "Go Gators" for a Racial slur.

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A 51-year-old woman yelling "Go Gators" during Florida's victory over Alabama in the Southeastern Conference championship game had a gun pointed at her by a convicted felon who entered her apartment after he misunderstood the cheering for racial slurs, Orange County sheriff's deputies said.

Bruce Cooper, 30, was arrested on charges of armed burglary with a firearm, carrying a concealed firearm, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and aggravated assault with a firearm.

According to the Orange County Sheriff's Office, Cooper entered the woman's home through an unlocked or open door at about 5 p.m. in the Kingswood Apartments, located on Lee Road, and pointed a gun at her.

The woman and others inside the apartment told the man to leave, and he eventually complied, said deputies, who found Cooper behind the woman's apartment with a .22-caliber six-shot revolver in his back pocket.

It was later realized that Cooper is a convicted felon on multiple cocaine charges.
    http://www.local6.com/sports/18227492/detail.html#

I bet he feels pretty stupid now. :lol: I guess he should watch sports more often.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Man pulls gun on woman after mistaking her "Go Gators" for a Racial slur.

What did he think she said?
    I mean....unless the words melded together, she was saying "go _ _ _" and whatever it is she's talking about, that seems good. 
    Unless they're saying 'go' like a GTFO kinda thing.

I'm confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=17609.msg1110062#msg1110062 date=1228826686]
    What did he think she said?
    I mean....unless the words melded together, she was saying "go _ _ _" and whatever it is she's talking about, that seems good. 
    Unless they're saying 'go' like a GTFO kinda thing.

I'm confused.
    [/quote]

I've been wondering that since i first read the story, before posting it... :lol:  Unless she was really drunk and her speech was slurred. Or maybe he was just having a bad day, and  chose to view everything anyone did as a personal attack?

Here's the posting from the blog i originally found this story on:

Bruce Cooper (pictured) heard a woman yelling "Go Gators" while she was cheering on the University of Florida in the SEC Championship Game Saturday night.  Somehow, he took the cheer as a racial slur and entered the woman's apartment and threatened her with a handgun, according to sheriff's deputies in Orange County, FL.

"Go Gators," it seems to me, could be only be offensive if your race has been oppressed by reptiles.

Cooper, 30, was apprehended and arrested on multiple charges.

Oh and by the way, the Gators won, defeating Alabama, 31-20.

So maybe if you're rooting for Florida in the BCS Championship January 8, as a precaution against dumbasses, try yelling something like, "GO GATORS-- THE FOOTBALL TEAM-- NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE. I JUST LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL! DON'T SHOOT ME!"

and she was in her own apartment. she could have been yelling 'go n-words' and it shouldnt have been anyone's business. what the hell.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=17609.msg1110144#msg1110144 date=1228832511]
    and she was in her own apartment. she could have been yelling 'go n-words' and it shouldnt have been anyone's business. what the hell.
    [/quote]
    Hahahaha. :lol:

Reminded me of this.....

In the United States, the word was freely used by both whites and blacks until the Civil Rights Era of the 1960s. A striking usage is in televised coverage of a march in Birmingham, Alabama, when protesters, led by Dr. Martin Luther King, were met with attack dogs and fire hoses. A white woman from another Alabama county was interviewed. Visibly upset, she said, "It's not right. We don't treat niggers like that here." Louisiana Governor Earl Long also used the term when advocating expanded voting rights for African Americans. At that time, the term was less noteworthy than the expressions of support by white southerners, as it was a common regional term for blacks, along with "Negro" and "colored".

My Dad who was as open minded about race as anyone I ever knew had a terrible time with "African American" and "Native American", but he lived through nigger, negro, colored, black etc. 

And we used to eat nigger toes too.  Mom still sometimes wants me to buy some of those nuts, you know, the ones named after black people...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=17609.msg1110418#msg1110418 date=1228843633]
    My Dad who was as open minded about race as anyone I ever knew had a terrible time with "African American" and "Native American", but he lived through nigger, negro, colored, black etc. 

And we used to eat nigger toes too.  Mom still sometimes wants me to buy some of those nuts, you know, the ones named after black people...
    [/quote]
    Man, I remember my grandparents saying "Negro" back in the 80s. :lol:
    And they told me that I'm American, and I should be proud. And that I shouldn't let anyone call me African, because I'm not. I'm American, and not a bit African. So dead all that African-American bullshit.
    OK, I added the last part. :oops:

We pretty much have the standard slurs here...

Nigger and Cracker......  I have never heard of a gator being anything other than A UF football player, or an alligator.

All the kids here are either Niggahs or Dawgs...  shit some of my kids friends even call me that sometimes..

Maybe he was just a Pissed off Seminoles fan.....

Here's a lil story that happened to me

A guy at a festival stole a set of car keys after my friend threw them at him cause he was beating on a girl.  We called the cops when the guy went up the tree and wouldn't come down cause there was a few guys waiting for him  :lol: The cops passed us and we yelled "there they go" the cop car stopped turned on the flashing lights and came back to us and said "what? who's an asshole?"
    we were like we didn't say that and they didn't believe us and took us downtown where we had to call our parents at midnight My friend never did get her car keys back.

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=17609.msg1110427#msg1110427 date=1228844063]
    Man, I remember my grandparents saying "Negro" back in the 80s. :lol:
    And they told me that I'm American, and I should be proud. And that I shouldn't let anyone call me African, because I'm not. I'm American, and not a bit African. So dead all that African-American bullshit.
    OK, I added the last part. :oops:

[/quote]

WAIT A TICK!

Ron, you're a black? How can this be!? You type like whitey.  :lol:
    <br />[quote author=skindeep_curiosity]<br />I&#39;m so glad I love the meat. <br />[/quote]

Hopefully, other Gator fans will shut the fuck up now.

They are definitely in the top 5 of annoying college football fans.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

I really hope they don't start a team called the Raccoons -- THAT would not go over well.

I still don't understand how gator is offensive... I'd be happy to be called one, they're rather cute.&nbsp;

[quote author=embittered link=topic=17609.msg1119293#msg1119293 date=1229502832]
    I really hope they don't start a team called the Raccoons -- THAT would not go over well.

I still don't understand how gator is offensive... I'd be happy to be called one, they're rather cute.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Theirs a High school team in Frisco Texas called the raccoons. :lol:&nbsp; (i googled it. haha)

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=17609.msg1119269#msg1119269 date=1229499367]
    Hopefully, other Gator fans will shut the fuck up now.

They are definitely in the top 5 of annoying college football fans.
    [/quote]

*ahem*
    <br />Petulance...it&#39;s a bitch.

I wonder if while he was listening, some was said like.... &quot;Tackle that Black sonofabitch&quot;, or &quot;Get that N---r&quot;....

I can totally see that happening.

no. alligator is a slur for black people, so he misunderstood the go gators as a racial slur.

wtf?&nbsp; i was like, no it's not.&nbsp; but apparently alligator is totally a slur.&nbsp;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Alligator+Bait

Derogatory term for African-Americans, especially babies
    That black boy is nothing but alligator bait. :|
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=17609.msg1119488#msg1119488 date=1229530707]
    wtf?&nbsp; i was like, no it's not.&nbsp; but apparently alligator is totally a slur.&nbsp;

[/quote]
    I begin to wonder if there is any word or phrase that hasn't been used for some group of people at some time?&nbsp; From Cracker, to Gator, to Kraut, to Spic, to ...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

gator bait can be used in a lot of circumstances as has no racial lines,&nbsp; &nbsp; trust an old cracker on this...

anyone can be gator bait....

It just means worthless for anything else.

[quote author=mikejones link=topic=17609.msg1119487#msg1119487 date=1229530271]
    no. alligator is a slur for black people, so he misunderstood the go gators as a racial slur.
    [/quote]

No alligator is NOT a slur for black people......

Why would you say&nbsp; &nbsp; fuck you giant lizard guy.

I have thousand blacks and alligators within a 5 mile radius... please... thats nonsense

Thread Information