Page 67 of 135 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

Re: Vent Here , about anything

[quote author=White trash bitchy blonde link=topic=17550.msg1203377#msg1203377 date=1236137140]
    Your aunt can revoke the power of attorney.  I have power of attorney and know it's possible in my state.  If your aunt or someone can call and make the initial police report, then your aunt can go to the attorneys office with that report and they should do all the neccessary paperwork to take the POA away from her daughter.   If her docotr is smart enough, he will realize whats going on and won't deem her incompetent.  How old is your aunt? 
    [/quote]Thanks yeah she's going to pull the POA, but she refuses to set the cops on her daughter.  Can't get her in trouble.  Auntie is 78.  I don't think she has anything to worry about as far as the mental thing is concerned.  She's pretty sharp, (except where her daughter is concerned.)  She's more worried about paying back the $20,000, cause again she doesn't want to file charges against her daughter. She says cuz has said she'll pay off the cards, but I'm not holding my breath there either.

Grr.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=17550.msg1203384#msg1203384 date=1236138325]
    Thanks yeah she's going to pull the POA, but she refuses to set the cops on her daughter.  Can't get her in trouble.  Auntie is 78.  I don't think she has anything to worry about as far as the mental thing is concerned.  She's pretty sharp, (except where her daughter is concerned.)  She's more worried about paying back the $20,000, cause again she doesn't want to file charges against her daughter. She says cuz has said she'll pay off the cards, but I'm not holding my breath there either.

Grr.
    [/quote]Stuff like this pisses me off really bad!  I handle all of my grandmas finances and she is pretty loaded so because of that I cover my ass big time in case someone tried to ever accuse me of anything.  My grandma is 89 and she has never wrote a check in her life.  Everytime I get the mail, I show her the bill and I document on the bill the number of the check I used, the amount and the date.  It's a scary thing for old people, they literally have to put their trust into people not knowing if they are gonna get screwed or not.

Your aunt must have a pretty big heart to not want to get thepolice involved, I guess I could kind of understand.  that would be a hard call to meke but damn...$20,000?  That's a shit ton of money!  I hope she gets someone who is more responsible and trustworthy to get things in order.  Poor woman!

Puzz what about you or your mom calling APS (Adult Protective Services)? Or whatever the equivalent would be in your state..they would DEFINITELY investigate a case like this, and your aunt doesnt have to make the call, they will take it from elsewhere. It may also help fight any attempt the daughter has to deem her mom incopetent - daughter will be less credible and have a spotlight on her a little more.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=17550.msg1203384#msg1203384 date=1236138325]
    Thanks yeah she's going to pull the POA, but she refuses to set the cops on her daughter.  Can't get her in trouble.  Auntie is 78.  I don't think she has anything to worry about as far as the mental thing is concerned.  She's pretty sharp, (except where her daughter is concerned.)  She's more worried about paying back the $20,000, cause again she doesn't want to file charges against her daughter. She says cuz has said she'll pay off the cards, but I'm not holding my breath there either.

Grr.
    [/quote]
    Not sure what state you live in but you should be able to make an anonymous call.  Exploitation of the Elderly is taken very seriously.
    You or someone could also call her primary care physician office and talk to somone there in social services.
    Mean people suck :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=17550.msg1204188#msg1204188 date=1236213404]
    Not sure what state you live in but you should be able to make an anonymous call.  Exploitation of the Elderly is taken very seriously.
    You or someone could also call her primary care physician office and talk to somone there in social services.
    Mean people suck :-(
    [/quote]

Absolutely. Unfortunately it is also one the many parts of our govt where people are over worked and underpaid.

Good luck Puzzled and many hugs to you.

omg what a day.
    Spent my afternoon in the emergency room cos my poor son broke his collar bone today in P.E.
    He was running a relay, and was 5 steps away from the finish line when he some how slipped on his
    shoe and tumbled right into his shoulder. ...

He broke his collar bone. :(

Then I needed to get to his school cos I'm volunteering for shit, and on my way there, I get pulled over for speeding.
    I some how talked my way out of it. THAT has NEVER happened before. He totally let me go.

I just hope my son doesn't need surgery. I'm seriously phobic of hospitals and being there today has totally shot
    my nerves. And now the school play I've been working on he won't be able to be a part of :(

and now he wants to burn his shoes. I just said yes.....  :roll:

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=vaga link=topic=17550.msg1205523#msg1205523 date=1236313870]
    omg what a day.
    Spent my afternoon in the emergency room cos my poor son broke his collar bone today in P.E.
    He was running a relay, and was 5 steps away from the finish line when he some how slipped on his

Then I needed to get to his school cos I'm volunteering for shit, and on my way there, I get pulled over for speeding.
    I some how talked my way out of it. THAT has NEVER happened before. He totally let me go.

I just hope my son doesn't need surgery. I'm seriously phobic of hospitals and being there today has totally shot
    my nerves. And now the school play I've been working on he won't be able to be a part of :(

and now he wants to burn his shoes. I just said yes.....&nbsp; :roll:

[/quote]

OMFG!!!! Major hugs to you man!!!! Broken bones? Yikes! I am so hoping he doesn't need surgery. Poor baby.

omg what a day.

[/quote]

But at least you saved a bunch of money on your car insurance by switching to Geico. :|
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=aprilcarter29 link=topic=17550.msg1205525#msg1205525 date=1236314250]
    OMFG!!!! Major hugs to you man!!!! Broken bones? Yikes! I am so hoping he doesn't need surgery. Poor baby.
    [/quote]

Yeah...if he does I may freak out a bit , but I shouldn't worry, tomorrow we'll know more when we go see an orthopedic, to
    see what to do. But of course I'm all worried. ugh. I can't believe it, in P.E of all places!! He plays soccer and takes falls all the time!!!
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=17550.msg1205527#msg1205527 date=1236314343]

But at least you saved a bunch of money on your car insurance by switching to Geico. :|
    [/quote]

What!? Omg and the worst of it was after I was pulled over, these gangsters in a car next me were all honking at me&nbsp; trying to get me to pull down my window to talk to them. I'm like &quot;REALLY NOT NOW!&quot;&nbsp; I swear it's been the oddest of days.

[quote author=vaga link=topic=17550.msg1205530#msg1205530 date=1236314434]
    Yeah...if he does I may freak out a bit , but I shouldn't worry, tomorrow we'll know more when we go see an orthopedic, to
    see what to do. But of course I'm all worried. ugh. I can't believe it, in P.E of all places!! He plays soccer and takes falls all the time!!!
    [/quote]

Aw i sympathize with him.

I fractured my ankle in P.E - i was running from &quot;it&quot; during tag or something form of it. &nbsp;I was looking behind me and I remember looking ahead of me and seeing nothing but bricks.
    i slammed into the wall and collapsed upon myself, breaking my ankle. &nbsp;It just takes that one wierd fall.
    :(
    hopefully it will just heal and no surgery will be needed.

omg what a day.
    [/quote]
    Ouch. &nbsp; Poor Vega. &nbsp;Poor boy.

Quick Auntie update.

We talked to Auntie's youngest brother, and he says not to worry about my cousin making any more trouble. &nbsp;He will explain things to her, and has talked to his buddy at the sheriff's office. &nbsp;:roll: Says he can convince my cousin she needs to pay her mom back, so we'll see. &nbsp;Auntie is going to give uncle her medical power of attorney. &nbsp;

We all talked to the doctor about this today, and he claims he's never seen anything that makes him suspect any kind of mental problems, so auntie feels better. She's pissed about Uncle talking to the sheriff, but he says she can file a report so she has documentation, just in case she decides to file charges later. (and so the family has some leverage if things get to the point where more needs to be done)

So things will maybe calm down for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar

omg what a day.

[/quote]Hey Mom - keep your chin up and help keep his up (no pun intended)!&nbsp; He'll come back better &amp; stronger. All in the &quot;growing up&quot; part of life. My wee one developed shin splints in track &amp; field and cross country her sophmore year and sat out T/F, CC and softball the junior year. Her senior year she came back and excelled. One of life's little lessons. Hope surgery isn't needed!

[quote author=Key West Digger link=topic=17550.msg1205539#msg1205539 date=1236315204]
    Hey Mom - keep your chin up and help keep his up (no pun intended)!&nbsp; He'll come back better &amp; stronger. All in the &quot;growing up&quot; part of life. My wee one developed shin splints in track &amp; field and cross country her sophmore year and sat out T/F, CC and softball the freshman year. Her senior year she came back and excelled. One of life's little lessons. Hope surgery isn't needed!
    [/quote]

your daughter played softball???&nbsp; That just made me smile. That's My sport!
    Yeah he's being a trooper, it seems like it's hurting me more then him!!

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar

[quote author=vaga link=topic=17550.msg1205542#msg1205542 date=1236315485]
    your daughter played softball???&nbsp; That just made me smile. That's My sport!
    [/quote]Yepper! And believe me, it helped her hand/eye coordination for throwing the ball (she sucked at batting). She was always a runner and a karate student. Wait 'til yours goes back to school. He'll have all the young ladies pampering him.

[quote author=vaga link=topic=17550.msg1205530#msg1205530 date=1236314434]
    [/quote]

I never broke a bone as a kid. My 1st broken bone was when I was 21. My foot, I was drunk trying to kick down a wood paneled steel door......&nbsp;

ANYWAY..... I remember being a kid and seeing other kids with casts and such and thinking they must have incredibly exciting lives. I wasn't the only one either, I remember the broke bone/has a cast kids being swarmed with attention.

So, if nothing else, he may become more popular.&nbsp; :lol:

And if he needs surgery I am sure that will be fine too.

:kiss3:

[quote author=vaga link=topic=17550.msg1205542#msg1205542 date=1236315485]
    [/quote]
    Ouch!&nbsp; Poor Mama and son.&nbsp; I've heard that broken collar bones hurt really bad.&nbsp; Keep us posted&nbsp;
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

I've still never broken anything but fingers and toes.

My kid broke his ankle a couple weeks ago.&nbsp; Spiral fracure of the distal tibia. He's a big whiny ass demanding baby about it too.&nbsp; :lol: :lol:

Sorry about yopu and the kids luck Vaga.... I'm there with you.

omg what a day.

[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better I worked for an orthopedic surgeon for years and he used to tell people that you could practically put two pieces of a broken clavicle in separate rooms and they would still heal. Of course there are always those few that didn't and needed surgery.&nbsp; :| We're going to hope he's a good healer!
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

SO, I get out the shower to find the DREADED peach slip in with my mail! The fucking mail man didn't just leave my meds. I go on the front porch look right and look left, I see a mail truck about a block and a half up. C is not dressed, I tell her to wait for one minute. I RAN MY MOTHER FUCKING ASS OFF to catch the dude and it was the wrong mail man.&nbsp;

Fucking kids around here, bassheads. Ya know those cars that knock shit off of your walls?&nbsp; I'm not talking beautiful muscle car beatin' the ground, they can break my nickknacks anytime. But the ones that have it in their car.&nbsp; I can handle it during the daytime, bump away.&nbsp; I did when I was your age, too.&nbsp; BUT AT NIGHT, turn that racket off.&nbsp; Hell it isn't even night, yesterday it was 3am, I'm like WTF and looked like rage guy cos I don't get to sleep easy.

WHY on earth does someone have to do that at 3am?&nbsp; It wasn't even Friday, which I can also excuse, Saturdays too...for the most part, unless they drive back and forth.&nbsp; Then I look like rage guy all over again.

[quote author=aprilcarter29 link=topic=17550.msg1205908#msg1205908 date=1236362209]
    SO, I get out the shower to find the DREADED peach slip in with my mail! The fucking mail man didn't just leave my meds. I go on the front porch look right and look left, I see a mail truck about a block and a half up. C is not dressed, I tell her to wait for one minute. I RAN MY MOTHER FUCKING ASS OFF to catch the dude and it was the wrong mail man.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

That's a Fuck My Life moment april!

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=17550.msg1205936#msg1205936 date=1236365575]
    Fucking kids around here, bassheads. Ya know those cars that knock shit off of your walls?&nbsp; I'm not talking beautiful muscle car beatin' the ground, they can break my nickknacks anytime. But the ones that have it in their car.&nbsp; I can handle it during the daytime, bump away.&nbsp; I did when I was your age, too.&nbsp; BUT AT NIGHT, turn that racket off.&nbsp; Hell it isn't even night, yesterday it was 3am, I'm like WTF and looked like rage guy cos I don't get to sleep easy.

WHY on earth does someone have to do that at 3am?&nbsp; It wasn't even Friday, which I can also excuse, Saturdays too...for the most part, unless they drive back and forth.&nbsp; Then I look like rage guy all over again.
    [/quote]

Ha ha. Sorry Bettie I have to laugh, how about the hooptie ass cars with systems worth more than the car itself?&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=17550.msg1205740#msg1205740 date=1236349287]
    If it makes you feel any better I worked for an orthopedic surgeon for years and he used to tell people that you could practically put two pieces of a broken clavicle in separate rooms and they would still heal. Of course there are always those few that didn't and needed surgery.&nbsp; :| We're going to hope he's a good healer!
    [/quote]
    NO SURGERY!! WHOOHOOOOO!! :D He should heal up easily. Thanks all for the good wishes. Now he's just all smiles cos it's a &quot;new experience&quot;&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=vaga link=topic=17550.msg1206080#msg1206080 date=1236373087]
    NO SURGERY!! WHOOHOOOOO!! :D He should heal up easily. Thanks all for the good wishes. Now he's just all smiles cos it's a &quot;new experience&quot;&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]

Boys heal from that shit fast.&nbsp; My son broke his in motocross.&nbsp; It was in two seperate pieces. Four days later he was at Six Flags with his shoulder splint riding roller coasters.&nbsp; No Shit!

Thread Information