Page 64 of 135 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

Re: Vent Here , about anything

[quote author=DaGr link=topic=17550.msg1184427#msg1184427 date=1234538035]
    Oh, we get those too! We call it Khamseen (the Arabic word for "50", but don't ask me why we call it that). The biggest one I remember was during an intermission at a theatrical performance of "Great Expectations". The choir opened act 2 with the Scorpion's "Dust in the Wind"....it was funny then, it's funny now.  :2cool:

But anyway, Khamseen is scary and extremely dangerous. It doesn't bust our windows, thank goodness, but it seems every other tree is knocked down on to someone's car. It's scary.

We also get plagues of locusts, which are exactly like Khamseen only you get bugs in your hair instead of sand.
    [/quote]I was gonna say I'll trade you our snowstorm we're getting right now, but then I read about the locusts.  No thanks.  That reminds me when I'd be mowing my grandmas lawn when I was younger and grasshoppers would fly all over the place and grasp onto you.

I just looked up locusts because around here locusts usually refer to cicadas.  I think your locusts are more like our grasshoppers.  cicada VVV

From what I hear, cicadas are annoying 'cause they don't stop making noise. Egyptian locusts are just big, flying grasshopper looking things that eat EVERYTHING.

and here is what a SWARM of these things look like:

In high school, I had to walk home from school in a skirt during a locust storm once.  :2abused:
    <br /><br />Funk all night.

I just reached my finger up into the back of my mouth because I thought I had a bit of food stuck in there, but it's my wisdom tooth starting to poke through!!&nbsp; :2abused:
    I'm freaked out now.

[quote author=DaGr link=topic=17550.msg1184448#msg1184448 date=1234539622]
    From what I hear, cicadas are annoying 'cause they don't stop making noise. Egyptian locusts are just big, flying grasshopper looking things that eat EVERYTHING.

and here is what a SWARM of these things look like:

In high school, I had to walk home from school in a skirt during a locust storm once.&nbsp; :2abused:
    [/quote]Fuck that.&nbsp; I hate those little bastards.

[quote author=mowt link=topic=17550.msg1184456#msg1184456 date=1234539979]
    I just reached my finger up into the back of my mouth because I thought I had a bit of food stuck in there, but it's my wisdom tooth starting to poke through!!&nbsp; :2abused:
    I'm freaked out now.
    [/quote]

Do you have to get them taken out?
    I didn't, mine are growing in straight and I have room for them. It's not that bad, unless you need to have them taken out otherwise get those fuckers OUT before they fuck your teeth up or you get an infection!
    ask me questions damnit<br />http://www.formspring.me/bama

Sorry i must vent as i have no one too yell at

Gahhh friends that make you look like an utter lieing bitch when your not. My best friend, Omer, from school had his last wrestling match wednesday night against Al Snow and me and my friend Faith where going, she was driving as my car is fucked. We have had it planned since he said he was leaving last september.

Was meant to leave at 6pm. at 5pm she rang too say she was feeling ill (shes 8 weeks pregnant) and didn't feel like going. I was fucked, no way i could of got there. I knew Omer be getting ready and wouldn't have his phone so thought i'd ring him in morning.I rang him but no answer, then he texted, saying &quot;dont bother,dont wanna hear it, told you hes an asshole&quot;

Wtf??

This morning i have logged in to facebook and Faith has up loaded photos, of the match, after it of her and my mate and al snow....so she went with out me&nbsp; :2eyesbleed:
    i spoke to Omers gf on there and faith had told him i couldn't go because my bf wouldn't let me!!!!
    He dont like my bf because he dumped me a month in to our relationship... over 3 years ago.... And she knew that and has played it like a gooden, but why??? Thats what i cant work out? Why lie? It's really bugging me. Now Omer or Faith still won't answer my calls. Pfftttt what the fuck is going on lol I am totally and utterly confused. Gona hide out on here all day so i don't have to see either of them.

Phhewww that feels a bit better

I am going to fucking KILL Adrien.&nbsp; I woke up today and there are about 12 windows popped up on our computer from &quot;windows security center&quot; saying saying that windows security reports that spyware.iemonster activity was detected and it keeps on saying I need to
    download software to protect my computer.&nbsp;

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=17550.msg1191591#msg1191591 date=1235141887]
    I am going to fucking KILL Adrien.&nbsp; I woke up today and there are about 12 windows popped up on our computer from &quot;windows security center&quot; saying saying that windows security reports that spyware.iemonster activity was detected and it keeps on saying I need to
    download software to protect my computer.&nbsp; &nbsp;

[/quote]

What was he doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=17550.msg1191601#msg1191601 date=1235142848]
    What was he doing?
    [/quote]

I have no idea.&nbsp; He was checking his e-mail this morning while I made breakfast and I got on right after he left and all this shit is up.&nbsp;

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=17550.msg1191602#msg1191602 date=1235142955]
    I have no idea.&nbsp; He was checking his e-mail this morning while I made breakfast and I got on right after he left and all this shit is up.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Weird. Do you have one of those spyware detecting things? I think you can get them free, but I can't remember the names of any of them.

There is AVG, or AVAST&nbsp; I use AVAST and it works pretty well. I also have a program through my phone company for virus protect, but I would try avast or avg, they are free and work for most pop ups etc. Hope you can get it straightened out Natasha, that really is a bummer!

We went to do laundry last night, while our clothes are in the dryer we go to the Chinese place to get some dinner. We go back after we eat and guess what, an entire dryer of clothes is MISSING. It just so happens to be the dryer with ALL of our jeans in it, my jeans, my daughter’s jeans, and my boyfriends jeans. There was only one person in the place when we put our clothes in the dryer, and she was gone by the time we finished eating. I’m not sure what brand my boyfriends pants were, never paid much attention to that. But mine we’re Hydraulics, True Religion, Baby Phat, Roca Wear, Apple Bottoms, and Bullhead. My daughters were Apple Bottoms, Baby Phat, and a few other ‘kid’ brands.

I’m just so pissed, jeans are expensive and this chick took all our jeans (except the pair me &amp; my bf were wearing yesterday) .

So now I get to go shopping today and buy new jeans for everyone. Ugh.

It just really bugs me, this chick was super tall and skinny, I'm not so its not like she could even fit into my jeans. She's too skinny to wear my bf's jeans, and she's way TOO big to fit into my daughters. Why would someone just take all of someone elses jeans like that?&nbsp;

I am so friggin pissed.
    I got a letter from a the County today saying he is suing me for half of what his estimate was plus lawyer fees and court costs.

After we had a bad hail storm in the summer, I had someone come in a look at my siding and roof due to the hail putting holes in places where there shouldn't have been any.
    Well this guy wrote up an estimate and talked all smooth and shit about what he can do for me, how much he could get from the insurance, blah, blah, blah. I asked the guy to look at my roof. He claimed he did and it wasn't so bad where I needed a new roof yet. So I was just going for the siding.

Well the contract was signed but I had 3 days to cancel.
    Well the next day I talked with my neighbor who had a different guy doing his siding and roofing, I had him look at this contract/estimate I signed and also my roof to see if this previous guy was telling me the truth.
    Well this guy went on the roof and said &quot; there are holes everywhere, what the hell is this guy talking about?&quot;. I saw the holes and patch jobs won't cut it.

So I had my neighbors guy give me an estimate (didn't sign a contract with him yet) and the 2nd day called my previous guy and told him I wanted out of the contract because he claimed he looked at my roof, said there was nothing wrong and then I find out there is major damage and I am not happy with his lying to me.

Well he proceeded to tell me, I was taking food from his families mouth if I didn't go with him, that he spent all that time writing up the estimate (which maybe took 1/2 hour), and that because of him I was getting the siding.
    I said why the hell didn't you look at my roof? He said he did but nothing was wrong and we went back and forth.
    I said I had 3 days to cancel, this is the 2nd day rip up the contract and move along.
    He told me I am suing you, you can't do this to me, yadda, yadda, yadda. I said go for it. Well he did. :lol:

He is asking for 5500.00 for half the siding job
    53.00 court costs, and 1655.00 for his lawyer fees..
    I have 35 days to respond, so Monday I am on the phone with my lawyer and seeing what can be done.

I know, I know I shouldn't have signed the contract but heck this guys was smooooooooth. And he was recommended by a neighbor..(guess that neighbor is not getting a gift next Christmas)

Okay I had to vent and I did...

That shyster!!

I thought that 3 day law was for door to door salesmen or people selling over the phone, in other words people who approach you. I don't think it applies if you call someone and ask them to come or if you walk into their place of business, such as buying a car. That's what I was told anyway.

How does he know what his attorney's fees are when you guys haven't even gone to court?

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=17550.msg1191938#msg1191938 date=1235162918]
    How does he know what his attorney's fees are when you guys haven't even gone to court?
    [/quote]Written on the contract was this 3 day clause...And he also told me himself that I had 3 days to cancel.

And as for his fees they are listed on what he wants from me. My Special civil part summons and return of service.

It has demand amount 5030.63
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Filing fee&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 53.00
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; attorney's fee 1660.00
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; total&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; $6743.62

I guess he is hoping I will just pay him and not go to trial or whatever they do..
    Because I have 2 choices, Answer the Complaint or Resolve the Dispute (which I sure as hell ain't doing)

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=17550.msg1191948#msg1191948 date=1235163330]
    Written on the contract was this 3 day clause...And he also told me himself that I had 3 days to cancel.

And as for his fees they are listed on what he wants from me. My Special civil part summons and return of service.

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Filing fee&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;53.00
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; total&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; $6743.62

I guess he is hoping I will just pay him and not go to trial or whatever they do..
    Because I have 2 choices, Answer the Complaint or Resolve the Dispute (which I sure as hell ain't doing)

[/quote]

weird.&nbsp; We just ask for reasonable attorney's fees (in an amount to be later determined by the court).&nbsp; Maybe he has to estimate so that he knows that he isn't asking over the jurisdiction of the court.

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=17550.msg1191948#msg1191948 date=1235163330]
    Written on the contract was this 3 day clause...And he also told me himself that I had 3 days to cancel.

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Filing fee&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;53.00

[/quote]

I guess I was misinformed. Damn drive-thru lawyers.

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=17550.msg1191950#msg1191950 date=1235163470]
    weird.&nbsp; We just ask for reasonable attorney's fees (in an amount to be later determined by the court).&nbsp; Maybe he has to estimate so that he knows that he isn't asking over the jurisdiction of the court.
    [/quote]Who knows...All I know is the court is going to hear my side of the lawsuit(as they stated in the letter with YOU ARE BEING SUED as the first line :lol: :lol:)

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=17550.msg1191952#msg1191952 date=1235163581]
    I guess I was misinformed. Damn drive-thru lawyers.

[/quote]
    It depends... for instance in michigan --
    http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-164-34739_20942-44718--,00.html

I CHANGED MY MIND -&nbsp;

CAN I CANCEL THIS CONTRACT?

GENERAL PRINCIPLE:&nbsp; YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CANCEL MOST CONTRACTS

As a general matter of contract law, consumers do not have a right to cancel a sale of goods or services.&nbsp; In the case of defective, damaged, or undelivered goods, consumers may be able to demand their money back.&nbsp; And those merchants who choose to offer consumers a &quot;money-back guarantee&quot; must live up to their promises.&nbsp; But where the merchant has provided the goods or services that the consumer agreed to buy, the consumer generally may not insist on canceling a transaction after the fact.&nbsp;

If a seller who is not required by law to allow for cancellation of a contract nevertheless does so, any reasonable seller costs may be passed on to the buyer.&nbsp; The contract may call for a certain agreed-upon amount of damages (&quot;liquidated damages&quot;) if the buyer cancels.&nbsp; A term fixing unreasonably large liquidated damages is void as a penalty.&nbsp;

There are certain circumstances, however, when consumers do have a legal right to a &quot;cooling-off period.&quot; During an applicable cooling-off period, the contract may be cancelled but consumers must carefully follow written instructions that sellers are required to provide at the time the contract is signed.

This Consumer Alert provides an abbreviated summary of four laws that provide consumers a right to cancel a contract.&nbsp; To read the Michigan laws in their entirety, refer to the Attorney General's website under the Consumer Protection Link:&nbsp; www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-164-17337_18270---,00.html.&nbsp; Other laws not mentioned in this Consumer Alert may also provide a cooling-off period. Promptly consult with your own private attorney to discuss your particular circumstances and determine whether a right to cancel may apply.

OVERVIEW OF CERTAIN LAWS ALLOWING LATER CANCELLATION OF A CONTRACT

You have THREE business days to cancel a contract if:

The sale was solicited in the consumer's home; or
    A gift was offered for attending a sales presentation that led to the contract; or
    A consumer's primary home is used as security and the loan is not used to purchase or construct the home.

You have ONE business day to cancel a contract if:

The contract is for home improvement and the consumer agrees to make payments over time to the contractor.

Because these laws can be tricky, the Attorney General advises consumers who think their situation may be covered to read their contracts thoroughly and, if you have questions whether the law applies, promptly seek legal advice-BEFORE YOUR CANCELLATION PERIOD EXPIRES.&nbsp;

THE THREE-DAY CANCELLATION RULES
    Three Day Cancellation Rule 1 - The Home Solicitation Sales Act

Michigan's Home Solicitation Sales Act (HSSA) gives consumers who are solicited in their homes three business days to decide whether to cancel a contract.&nbsp; Here are some basic points about the HSSA.

You are protected by Michigan's HSSA when:

The solicitation for the sale was initiated by the seller, through a personal, written, or telephone contact;
    The solicitation was received at your home (this includes mail or telephone calls, but not newspaper ads);
    Your agreement to purchase (contract) was given to the salesperson at your home, AND
    The goods or services purchased are worth more than $25.

The Federal Trade Commission has a similar provision:&nbsp; FTC Rule Concerning Cooling-Off Period for Sales Made at Homes or at Certain Other Locations, 16 CFR 429.

Three Day Cancellation Rule 2 - The Gift Promotion Act

Under Michigan's Gift Promotion Act consumers also have three business days to cancel a contract if they have a change of heart when:

The seller offers anything worth $25.00 or more in exchange for attending a sales presentation; and
    The buyer purchases goods, services, or memberships whose value equals or exceeds $500.00.
    Three Day Cancellation Rule 3 - Home Equity Loans (Not for Construction)

Under the Federal Truth in Lending Act, consumers also have a three-day right to change their mind after they enter into:

A loan for personal, household or family purposes; AND
    A lien or security interest is placed on the consumer's principal dwelling to secure payment.

If both of these conditions apply and the loan will not be used to purchase or construct a home, then the contract you entered is probably covered by the Federal Truth in Lending Act.&nbsp; This Act is complex and it is recommended that you consult your own lawyer to discuss your particular circumstances and how to provide notice of cancellation.

One Day Cancellation Rule - Home Construction Loans

Under Michigan's Home Improvement Finance Act, you may have ONE day - until 5:00 p.m. of the next business day after signing the contract, to be precise - if:

The contract is for home improvement; and
    The consumer agrees to make payments over time to the contractor.

This Act is also complex and consulting your own lawyer to discuss your particular circumstances is suggested.

WHAT TO DO IF YOUR TRANSACTION IS COVERED BY A CANCELLATION RULE

1.&nbsp; Read your contract thoroughly.&nbsp; Merchants are required to provide written notice in the contract that you have a right to cancel and explain what you must do in order to provide notice of your decision to cancel.&nbsp; If this information is not provided, then the length of time to cancel may be extended.

2.&nbsp; Exercise your right to cancel in the manner required under the law

&nbsp; &nbsp; that applies.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; a.&nbsp; Under the HSSA or Gift Promotion Act:

Mail or deliver written notice of your election to cancel within 3 business days from the date that you signed the contract, to the address provided by the seller.

The seller must return any payment made by the buyer within ten days after cancellation. In a sale that is covered by the HSSA, the seller has twenty days after cancellation to demand return of any goods already delivered.&nbsp; If the seller fails to make a timely demand for the return of goods, they become the property of the buyer, without obligation.

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; b.&nbsp; Under the Home Improvement Finance Act:

Send written notice of your election to cancel by certified mail by no later than 5:00 on the next business day after signing the contract, to the address provided by the merchant.

3.&nbsp; If the contract does not tell you of your right to cancel.

Send certified and regular mail to the seller giving notice that you wish to cancel (be sure to put your return address on the envelope and retain a copy of the notice and proof of mailing.)

HOW TO CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S CONSUMER PROTECTION DIVISION

Consumers may contact the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division at:

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Consumer Protection Division

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; P.O. Box 30213

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Lansing, MI&nbsp; 48909

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 517-313-1140

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Fax:&nbsp; 517-241-3771

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Toll free:&nbsp; 877-765-8388

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; www.michigan.gov/ag (online complaint form)

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=Sweetness link=topic=17550.msg1191647#msg1191647 date=1235146759]
    We went to do laundry last night, while our clothes are in the dryer we go to the Chinese place to get some dinner. We go back after we eat and guess what, an entire dryer of clothes is MISSING. It just so happens to be the dryer with ALL of our jeans in it, my jeans, my daughter’s jeans, and my boyfriends jeans. There was only one person in the place when we put our clothes in the dryer, and she was gone by the time we finished eating. I’m not sure what brand my boyfriends pants were, never paid much attention to that. But mine we’re Hydraulics, True Religion, Baby Phat, Roca Wear, Apple Bottoms, and Bullhead. My daughters were Apple Bottoms, Baby Phat, and a few other ‘kid’ brands.

I’m just so pissed, jeans are expensive and this chick took all our jeans (except the pair me &amp; my bf were wearing yesterday) .

So now I get to go shopping today and buy new jeans for everyone. Ugh.

It just really bugs me, this chick was super tall and skinny, I'm not so its not like she could even fit into my jeans. She's too skinny to wear my bf's jeans, and she's way TOO big to fit into my daughters. Why would someone just take all of someone elses jeans like that?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Marla Singer.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

My MIL is the most... gdjldshlhdsihgdsjg0943630285312-o'jtreljglkdsngjksbarhjaFSAGDRG creature I know.

And this is for her-&nbsp;

/end rant.
    .:+ Sometimes.. I wish that I had wings.. And I raise my arms up into the wind hoping that it will catch me and carry me away.. But it never does.. And the blood on my face reminds me that I have fallen.. +:.

My vent:

People that risk other peopls lives by not tying shit down in the back of their truck.&nbsp;

&nbsp; On my way to work I cross this one road that leads from a freeway exit, to a freeway entrence. It has a few turn off in between, but it's main use is for entering/exiting the freeway (its right next to 2 truckstops...so its heavily used by truckers).

As I crossed it today, I saw an older pickup sitting on the side of the road with its tailgate down, and in the middle of the road was a big ass air compressor (i think. It had a big tank.. about 3ft long, 1-2ft wide, 1-2ft tall, all metal. Looked like the kind that would usually be welded/bolted in the back of a truck.).

The thing had to weigh a good 200lbs, and their was two&nbsp; hispanic guys trying to drag it back to the truck. (they obviously were trying with all their strength, but it wasn't moving.).

The scary thing is, they were either ON the freeway, or planned to get on it. and had this happened at that time, and hit a car, their would definitely be massive damage.

How hard is it to properly tie something down?!?

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=17550.msg1196432#msg1196432 date=1235521086]

The scary thing is, they were either ON the freeway, or planned to get on it. and had this happened at that time, and hit a car, their would definitely be massive damage.
    [/quote]omfg&nbsp; :2eyesbleed:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Thread Information