Page 123 of 135 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

Ang, I'm sorry that people suck. Thank you for volunteering and for saving those kitties!

I mother fucking hate google and Chromebook more than I can say. Why in the fuck do I have to tie my tablet to a gmail account (that I never use), and why did my tablet suddenly turn itself off and now won't accept the password? I now have a $200 paperweight that I just bought two months ago. I cannot get into it, even though I know the password is correct...I wrote it down and I have reset it multiple times just to make sure. Why do I have to tie any computer that I paid for to an account for anything??? Microsoft laptops do the same thing, which pisses me off anyway, but at least they don't lock me out for no reason. I really want to break this stupid tablet in two. I knew I should have returned it when I found out it had to be tied to a gmail account. I am beyond livid.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Ang, I'm sorry that people suck. Thank you for volunteering and for saving those kitties!

I mother fucking hate google and Chromebook more than I can say. Why in the fuck do I have to tie my tablet to a gmail account (that I never use), and why did my tablet suddenly turn itself off and now won't accept the password? I now have a $200 paperweight that I just bought two months ago. I cannot get into it, even though I know the password is correct...I wrote it down and I have reset it multiple times just to make sure. Why do I have to tie any computer that I paid for to an account for anything??? Microsoft laptops do the same thing, which pisses me off anyway, but at least they don't lock me out for no reason. I really want to break this stupid tablet in two. I knew I should have returned it when I found out it had to be tied to a gmail account. I am beyond livid.
    https://www.google.com/search?client...ook+to+factory
    Reset your Chromebook to factory settings

You can make your Chromebook run like new again by doing a factory reset. If you will no longer be using your device, you may want to do a factory reset.

A factory reset erases all the information on your Chromebook's hard drive, including all the files in the Downloads folder.

Before you reset, make sure to back up your files on Google Drive or an external hard drive. The factory reset won't delete any of your files on Google Drive or external storage device.

Note: If you're using your Chromebook at work or school, you can't reset it. Ask your administrator to wipe the data on your Chromebook and re-enroll the device on your work or school network.
    Before you factory reset your Chromebook
    Step 1: Make sure you should reset
    Step 2: Try these other steps first
    Step 3: Back up your files and info (important)
    Factory reset your Chromebook

Sign out of your Chromebook.
    Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
    Select Restart.
    In the box that appears, select Powerwash and then Continue.
    Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
    Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.
    Once you've reset your Chromebook:
    Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Chromebook
    Check if the problem is fixed

Get more help

If you've reset your Chromebook, but it's still having problems, try these steps:
    Switch to a different version of the operating system (OS)
    Recover your Chromebook
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Technology sure rocks when it works right! When it’s not, ughhh. I started trying to reconfigure my network Saturday morning. Sixteen devices connected when I started. I now have three. And now I’m going to have to get out a ladder to reconnect my security cams. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Ugh I had a day....

I volunteer at a sanctuary. Someone brought in 4 kittens she said she "bonded to". Nope. These kittens were feral as hell. I got scratched, bitten and one kept on escaping. They were also screaming their heads off. One hid in the clinic and it took me forever to find it. These kittens were older, and if this lady had no intention of even interacting with them, she should have brought them in sooner. Their chances of being adopted are low.

Next a couple brought in some sickly skinny ferrets. He said "oh yeah they are neglected bc my son didn't take care of them". Um couldn't the parents not step up and at least feed these poor things? Kids don't understand if you don't feed a pet it will die. They attacked the food when I put it in their cage.

Other weird shit happened but I just ignored it.

As I was leaving, I walked to the front/side of the building and there was a crate I thought was empty, until I heard a crying sound. Someone shoved 2 cats into a little carrier and left them there. It's currently snowing and miserable outside. What if noone saw them? 2 people walked by them and didn't notice. If they wouldn't have cried I wouldn't have noticed them bc there are crates outside. I brought them inside and they were freezing,but very sweet.

So tl;dr fuck people. the end.
    I?m so glad you found the kitties but sorry it was at the end of such a weird day. Thank you for taking care of our furry friends! I?ve thought about getting involved but 1. I think it might break my heart 2. My husband worries I?ll bring every one of them home. Helping the furries in need would sure make my heart and soul feel better but I?m worried I?ll be traumatized when having to deal with how some people are so cruel. Thank you for being strong and compassionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbirdie View Post
    I?m so glad you found the kitties but sorry it was at the end of such a weird day. Thank you for taking care of our furry friends! I?ve thought about getting involved but 1. I think it might break my heart 2. My husband worries I?ll bring every one of them home. Helping the furries in need would sure make my heart and soul feel better but I?m worried I?ll be traumatized when having to deal with how some people are so cruel. Thank you for being strong and compassionate.
    Thanks Puzz for the Chrome reset directions. I finally got into it last night, but it erased EVERY SINGLE THING I had on the tablet. WTF. It wasn't much...I mainly use it to read books, but I did have a few dog pics on it. I also got the lecture from my husband that I should join the Apple cult. Sigh.

LB, I had a lot of the same concerns when I started working with a few different rescues. I've fostered 7 total (3 were hours old puppies that had to be few around the clock. That was fun.) and ended up keeping 1. I knew within hours of picking him up for the rescue (the owners were just going to let him loose in a field because they said "he liked the run" ) that he was staying. Everyone fell in love with him. Anyway, It WILL tug on your heart, but it WILL make you feel good and like you're doing something positive. I follow up with my fosters...they're like 'grandpups' to me. I get Christmas cards and thank you texts on their 'gotcha day'. It's a nice feeling, like you're making a difference.

Yeah, there's a slight possibility you might become a foster failure. I did, but I was open to it going into it. When I wasn't, I wasn't tempted to keep the dog, no matter how cute and cuddly they are. I was thinking forward to other dogs I could help. I think you just set your mind to the fact that you can't keep them, and think about how happy they and their forever family will be.

Thanks Puzz for the Chrome reset directions. I finally got into it last night, but it erased EVERY SINGLE THING I had on the tablet. WTF. It wasn't much...I mainly use it to read books, but I did have a few dog pics on it. I also got the lecture from my husband that I should join the Apple cult. Sigh.

LB, I had a lot of the same concerns when I started working with a few different rescues. I've fostered 7 total (3 were hours old puppies that had to be few around the clock. That was fun.) and ended up keeping 1. I knew within hours of picking him up for the rescue (the owners were just going to let him loose in a field because they said "he liked the run" ) that he was staying. Everyone fell in love with him. Anyway, It WILL tug on your heart, but it WILL make you feel good and like you're doing something positive. I follow up with my fosters...they're like 'grandpups' to me. I get Christmas cards and thank you texts on their 'gotcha day'. It's a nice feeling, like you're making a difference.

Yeah, there's a slight possibility you might become a foster failure. I did, but I was open to it going into it. When I wasn't, I wasn't tempted to keep the dog, no matter how cute and cuddly they are. I was thinking forward to other dogs I could help. I think you just set your mind to the fact that you can't keep them, and think about how happy they and their forever family will be.
    I really like your approach with looking forward to the other dogs you will get to help. That’s exactly the mindset I need to have about it. I’m just still a little sensitive when it comes to animals. We had three dogs and two cats and now down to one cat. Loosing the last two absolutely crushed me. I’m just not ready yet. I guess I should say I have two cats. One found us a few months after loosing our last dog and has adopted us but he mainly stays outdoors.

It's working, but after I had to reload my book reader the books are wonky now...like the pages aren't lining up right. I wouldn't recommend the Chrome Duet if you're thinking about buying one. I got a killer deal on the tricked out extra memory one (like 150 off at Black Friday) but yeah, it's not helpful if it locks you out and deletes all your stuff and doesn't work right.

It's working, but after I had to reload my book reader the books are wonky now...like the pages aren't lining up right. I wouldn't recommend the Chrome Duet if you're thinking about buying one. I got a killer deal on the tricked out extra memory one (like 150 off at Black Friday) but yeah, it's not helpful if it locks you out and deletes all your stuff and doesn't work right.
    I would definitely recommended backing anything you value up to google drive. My friend loves her chromebook for her son and grand daughter who use it for web surfing and collecting viri. She can just cold restart it, but yeah I think they have real issues.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

I've been blocked from posting on Facebook for 24 hours again!
    The first time, I said that pedophiles should be shot.
    Now, I posted a picture of Adolf Hitler.
    Let me explain.
    I decided to start reselling stuff since I became a stay at home parent. I decided to go to a book sale ($5 fill up a bag) and try to find some popular/vintage books to resell. I found a coffee table book about Adolf Hitler that sold on Ebay for $35. I posted a picture of the book asking if I should try to resell it on a resellers group page. I got suspended just for asking that question and posting a picture of the book.
    Facebook is stupid! I appealed and got denied. They have monkeys running their circus.

Oh and I forgot to mention.
    I ended up not buying it.
    I don't want any white supremacists knowing my address.

I have a warning on my fb for joking around with my husband and saying that I'd kill him if he even thinks about spending a bunch of money on something stupid (I wish I could remember what it was for, but it was wayyyy expensive and wayyyy dumb lol)...it makes me laugh. I get wanting to stop people from going around making death threats but I think my husband and all our friends are aware that I'm joking and if I planned on killing him I would have already by now...

In conclusion: I agree facebook is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Dude finally people are starting to see the light. I never liked Facebook. Never will.

And Words...I tell my husband I will kill him for the exact reason. He's the only one working and we can't afford fancy shit! That's hilarious they took that seriously.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I have a warning on my fb for joking around with my husband and saying that I'd kill him if he even thinks about spending a bunch of money on something stupid (I wish I could remember what it was for, but it was wayyyy expensive and wayyyy dumb lol)...it makes me laugh. I get wanting to stop people from going around making death threats but I think my husband and all our friends are aware that I'm joking and if I planned on killing him I would have already by now...

In conclusion: I agree facebook is stupid.
    I would also hope that if you really were going to kill him that you would have learned from MDS and you wouldn't post it first on FB.

I would also hope that if you really were going to kill him that you would have learned from MDS and you wouldn't post it first on FB.
    exactly! Nothing was on one night at like 3am and I couldn't sleep so I was watching forensic files while my husband was getting ready for work and he got into the show and I was like, "She ended up killing him with antifreeze in his gatorade...but don't worry, they made it bitter so wives can't kill their husbands like that anymore or I might have tried." He didn't believe me and he was gone at the end of the show so I recorded the part where they explained it and sent it to him and he told me that I'd have to find a different way lol like I haven't thought of things already
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

You guys are hilarious.

I often threaten my husband with foxglove as in, "Keep it up and I'm gonna fix you a cup of foxglove tea." To further reinforce the threat, I point out foxglove wherever I see it growing, just so he knows that I know where to find it.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    You guys are hilarious.

I often threaten my husband with foxglove as in, "Keep it up and I'm gonna fix you a cup of foxglove tea." To further reinforce the threat, I point out foxglove wherever I see it growing, just so he knows that I know where to find it.
    It's always good to keep him on his toes!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'm so beside myself with rage. My husband has been letting this bowl full of compost (tea remnants) sit on our counter. It grew mold and yet it still sat.
    Today, I was washing dishes and a cup I had washed, accidentally hit the bowl and spilled moldy tea remnants all over the counter and floor.
    I'm was mad! I'm no longer going to let this asshole leave moldy crap anywhere in my home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm so beside myself with rage. My husband has been letting this bowl full of compost (tea remnants) sit on our counter. It grew mold and yet it still sat.
    Today, I was washing dishes and a cup I had washed, accidentally hit the bowl and spilled moldy tea remnants all over the counter and floor.
    I'm was mad! I'm no longer going to let this asshole leave moldy crap anywhere in my home!
    Scroll up a few posts for suggestions ...(I'm just kidding)

My husband always jokes he keeps just enough life insurance to plant him bc he wants to be worth more alive then dead

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    It's always good to keep him on his toes!
    Sure is. I planted some in the back garden in Scotland. Aside from the obvious convenience factor, they really are one of my favorite flowers.

Foxglove tea. She's a germaphobe, she doesn't want to get her hands dirty - and he apparently drinks tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbirdie View Post
    My husband always jokes he keeps just enough life insurance to plant him bc he wants to be worth more alive then dead
    He's a smart man, your husband. Better keep a close eye on that one.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Anyone know why scrubbing bubbles is sold out everywhere? Is scrubbing bubbles the toilet paper of 2021?

I used to coupon heavily so I had a stockpile of it for years. Figures I would run out now.

Anyone know why scrubbing bubbles is sold out everywhere? Is scrubbing bubbles the toilet paper of 2021?

I used to coupon heavily so I had a stockpile of it for years. Figures I would run out now.
    https://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/...hs-of-pandemic
    You can add Lysol, Clorox bathroom cleaner, Scrubbing Bubbles, and Formula 409 to the list, for the same reasons.

I can find all the other items, but scrubbing bubbles is out of stock everywhere. Maybe people find it easier to use than the other items?

I can find all the other items, but scrubbing bubbles is out of stock everywhere. Maybe people find it easier to use than the other items?
    Could be. Or the universe just knew you were out...

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Could be. Or the universe just knew you were out...
    With the week I've had that's probably it! I truly was wondering if there was maybe some special use I didn't know about.

Thread Information