Page 118 of 135 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

I'm that weirdo that finds underwire bras waaaay more comfortable than any other type of bra. I won't wear one if they don't have an underwire.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Mine is wireless too, but I need a lift, that's why I wanted to try a different bra.
    The one I am wearing now gives me a lift, too. It helps that I pull the straps tight, also. I wish my boobs were smaller, seriously....they make me look so top heavy, I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm that weirdo that finds underwire bras waaaay more comfortable than any other type of bra. I won't wear one if they don't have an underwire.
    You ARE a weirdo. JK.

People think it's weird I have to sleep with one. It's not an actual bra, but more of a sports bra. I just can't have them hangin' while I sleep! lol.

Now you all know WAY too much about me ha ha.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    The one I am wearing now gives me a lift, too. It helps that I pull the straps tight, also. I wish my boobs were smaller, seriously....they make me look so top heavy, I hate it.
    I hear you. DDD/F here. I would get a reduction if I didn't have such a belly.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

You ARE a weirdo. JK.

People think it's weird I have to sleep with one. It's not an actual bra, but more of a sports bra. I just can't have them hangin' while I sleep! lol.

Now you all know WAY too much about me ha ha.
    I've had friends that sleep in a sports bra type bra too. I think it's fairly common.

When I find a bra I like I buy a ton because they always seem to discontinue the ones I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I hear you. DDD/F here. I would get a reduction if I didn't have such a belly.
    I would like to but I've seen that show "Botched" and am too scared

I am only a full C but I still feel like that's too big on my frame. I would prefer a B.

I'm currently in NC for a friend of my husband's birthday party. I don't want to be here. The friend has two kids. Their stepbrother, his wife, and his daughter are also staying at the friend's house.
    Earlier, I caught stepbrother's daughter trying to feed my son a piece of muffin. Thank goodness, I caught her before anything bad happened.
    Whenever, I'm trying to nurse or get baby to sleep, all the kids are barging in, shoving toys in my son's face, jumping on our air mattress, jumping in his bassinet, e.t.c.
    My husband wants to stay here till Tuesday, but I'm like nope. I want to leave!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I'm currently in NC for a friend of my husband's birthday party. I don't want to be here. The friend has two kids. Their stepbrother, his wife, and his daughter are also staying at the friend's house.
    Earlier, I caught stepbrother's daughter trying to feed my son a piece of muffin. Thank goodness, I caught her before anything bad happened.
    Whenever, I'm trying to nurse or get baby to sleep, all the kids are barging in, shoving toys in my son's face, jumping on our air mattress, jumping in his bassinet, e.t.c.
    My husband wants to stay here till Tuesday, but I'm like nope. I want to leave!
    Ugh. This is reason #803 that I don't like to stay at people's house. When I travel to visit people I try my best to stay at a hotel. I am sorry you're having to deal with this.

Angry PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT

how do i contact admins?! I WANT MY ACCOUNT DELETED

Quote Originally Posted by killerxxQueen View Post

Well.... come to think of it, I don't know. I've never tried to leave. Are we even allowed to leave?

This site is carefully monitored by the good folks at MDS Headquarters. I'm sure one of them will be along shortly to assist. In the meantime, welcome to MDS.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Haven't you ever heard of Hostel Mydeathspace? Once you enter, you can't leave until you die. Then, we talk about you.

Maybe just stop logging in here...?

Maybe just stop logging in here...?
    I can ban. That's about the best I can do. CC's right, it's Hotel California in here. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

The first post was wanting to contact the admin to delete the account? Why did they make an account? Very odd.

I can ban. That's about the best I can do. CC's right, it's Hotel California in here. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

The first post was wanting to contact the admin to delete the account? Why did they make an account? Very odd.

I can't imagine ever leaving. But yeah. Why create an account, not post then start banging on the exit doors. It's not like s/he created one on the realname accounts that sometimes happen...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post

I can't imagine ever leaving. But yeah. Why create an account, not post then start banging on the exit doors. It's not like s/he created one on the realname accounts that sometimes happen...
    Exactly. And she took the time to put an avatar on the account and everything.

Exactly. And she took the time to put an avatar on the account and everything.
    It took me years before I put an avatar up. I'm still figuring out this board. Lol!

I feel bad for my friend's granddaughter (call her A). The TV is A's babysitter.
    We went to my friend's house yesterday so my son could meet a baby his age. We got there and A was in a swing in front of the TV. Grandma was in the kitchen working on some craft project while mom and dad were at the gym.
    When mom and dad came back, mom briefly played with A on a blanket which we had laid down so the babies could play together. She then left the room.
    She did come back to feed A, my husband later complained to me that she flopped A around like a rag doll. She also smacks A really hard on the back to get A to burp, because that's what the nurse told her to do. I think that nurse should've been fired.
    Also, my friend told me A was going to learn numbers and colors (from watching tv) before my baby, because I don't let my son watch TV.
    My husband kind of rolled his eyes and agreed with my friend until he later read an article that states that baby can't differentiate noise from the TV with what they're seeing and put them together. So ha!
    Another annoyance, we let A sit in my son's sit me up, because A seemed interested in it. Mom comes in, grabs the sit me up with A in it, and takes off to her bedroom. No asking if she could borrow it.
    I guess that's the problem with immature mothers that have oops babies. They aren't prepared to do what it takes to make sure baby grows up healthy.
    I breastfeed my son. A's mom tried for two weeks and decided she didn't like it, tried pumping, gave that up and stuck A on formula. Breastfeeding gives babies antibodies and I want my son healthy that's why when someone asks me about formula, I look at them like they asked me to stick my head in poop.
    Having to put baby on formula for medical reasons is one thing, being lazy is another.
    I don't think I want to be around friend if that's how they're treating A.

I feel bad for my friend's granddaughter (call her A). The TV is A's babysitter.
    We went to my friend's house yesterday so my son could meet a baby his age. We got there and A was in a swing in front of the TV. Grandma was in the kitchen working on some craft project while mom and dad were at the gym.
    When mom and dad came back, mom briefly played with A on a blanket which we had laid down so the babies could play together. She then left the room.
    She did come back to feed A, my husband later complained to me that she flopped A around like a rag doll. She also smacks A really hard on the back to get A to burp, because that's what the nurse told her to do. I think that nurse should've been fired.
    Also, my friend told me A was going to learn numbers and colors (from watching tv) before my baby, because I don't let my son watch TV.
    My husband kind of rolled his eyes and agreed with my friend until he later read an article that states that baby can't differentiate noise from the TV with what they're seeing and put them together. So ha!
    Another annoyance, we let A sit in my son's sit me up, because A seemed interested in it. Mom comes in, grabs the sit me up with A in it, and takes off to her bedroom. No asking if she could borrow it.
    I guess that's the problem with immature mothers that have oops babies. They aren't prepared to do what it takes to make sure baby grows up healthy.
    I breastfeed my son. A's mom tried for two weeks and decided she didn't like it, tried pumping, gave that up and stuck A on formula. Breastfeeding gives babies antibodies and I want my son healthy that's why when someone asks me about formula, I look at them like they asked me to stick my head in poop.
    Having to put baby on formula for medical reasons is one thing, being lazy is another.
    Everyone has their own ways to raise their children, unless its something really terrible I see nothing wrong with some of the ways parents raise their children. That smacking on the back aint cool, thats kinda concerning. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with babies/young children watching tv or drinking formula. My daughter watched a lot of tv and she drank formula and she turned out just fine.

I truly laughed my ass off at the oopps baby. LoL. I dont believe in oopps babies, and there's no such thing as oopps sex. LoL

Sorry CC, I know this is "Vent Here" and you're just venting (I hope), but I have to respond to this because it really hits home. It probably hits home for every mother who reads it, because that's what mothers do - they worry that they're just not good enough at this motherhood thing. Not everyone has the same motherhood experience, the playing field isn't always level, not everyone is equipped with the same skill set. I think back to how overwhelmed and unsure of myself I was as a new mother, and I'm glad I avoided the drama and judgment of Mommy Blogs/Forums because, no internet! New mothers need compassion and understanding, not judgment. We beat ourselves up enough, we don't need other mothers doing it too.

Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounds like you disagree with the way she burps her baby, feeds her baby, and entertains her baby. They aren't abusing her, they're just not raising her the way you're raising CCJr and you see that as somehow abusive in it's own right - at least enough for you to not want to be around them. I would hate to think my friends judged me like this when I was a young "oops" Mom who got pregnant while on birth control pills. I was totally unprepared for the challenge, but I did my best with their encouragement and support. I made plenty of mistakes along the way, but so did my friends who did it the "right way" - as you know, babies don't come with manuals. My children were only breastfed for 3 months, they spent way too much time in the care of babysitters while I worked four jobs, they watched way too much TV, ate way too much candy, and stayed up way too late far too many times. White sugar and processed foods were honoured members of the food pyramid in my house. I have never baked a birthday cake, and my son once described my cooking as "a little heavy on the instant." There were times my children deserved discipline and didn't get it, and sometimes they got disciplined for something they didn't do. I figure it evened out in the end. My kids have been spanked, they didn't always wear bike helmets, and their carseats weren't DOT approved. I know, right? I was the Queen of Crappy Moms! Yet, despite my inadequate parenting, they miraculously achieved adulthood with only a broken arm and several concussions to show for it - none of them my fault (school sports injuries). You could say I had no business bringing them into the world as unequipped as I was, but I can promise you the world would be a darker place for many people if they weren't here. They have made a difference in ways big and small. They are happy, successful, and productive members of society, active in their communities. They have managed to avoid jail, they are educated, own homes/businesses, and are raising successful children of their own. I enjoy loving relationships with them, and so far have avoided being blamed for ruining their lives. There is still time I suppose, but I feel like I've cleared that hurdle. What are they going to do, blame me for their success? Actually, they both have - they've credited my example for their values and strong work ethic. They are raising their children with the same values and ethic. I wasn't perfect, but I guess I didn't do bad, even if every leading baby expert in the world thinks I did everything wrong. Please consider showing your friend some compassion and understanding, even if it's just accepting that every child is different and there are many different ways to raise children - there is no one "right way" that will fit every child and parent.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Sorry CC, I know this is "Vent Here" and you're just venting (I hope), but I have to respond to this because it really hits home. It probably hits home for every mother who reads it, because that's what mothers do - they worry that they're just not good enough at this motherhood thing. Not everyone has the same motherhood experience, the playing field isn't always level, not everyone is equipped with the same skill set. I think back to how overwhelmed and unsure of myself I was as a new mother, and I'm glad I avoided the drama and judgment of Mommy Blogs/Forums because, no internet! New mothers need compassion and understanding, not judgment. We beat ourselves up enough, we don't need other mothers doing it too.

Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounds like you disagree with the way she burps her baby, feeds her baby, and entertains her baby. They aren't abusing her, they're just not raising her the way you're raising CCJr and you see that as somehow abusive in it's own right - at least enough for you to not want to be around them. I would hate to think my friends judged me like this when I was a young "oops" Mom who got pregnant while on birth control pills. I was totally unprepared for the challenge, but I did my best with their encouragement and support. I made plenty of mistakes along the way, but so did my friends who did it the "right way" - as you know, babies don't come with manuals. My children were only breastfed for 3 months, they spent way too much time in the care of babysitters while I worked four jobs, they watched way too much TV, ate way too much candy, and stayed up way too late far too many times. White sugar and processed foods were honoured members of the food pyramid in my house. I have never baked a birthday cake, and my son once described my cooking as "a little heavy on the instant." There were times my children deserved discipline and didn't get it, and sometimes they got disciplined for something they didn't do. I figure it evened out in the end. My kids have been spanked, they didn't always wear bike helmets, and their carseats weren't DOT approved. I know, right? I was the Queen of Crappy Moms! Yet, despite my inadequate parenting, they miraculously achieved adulthood with only a broken arm and several concussions to show for it - none of them my fault (school sports injuries). You could say I had no business bringing them into the world as unequipped as I was, but I can promise you the world would be a darker place for many people if they weren't here. They have made a difference in ways big and small. They are happy, successful, and productive members of society, active in their communities. They have managed to avoid jail, they are educated, own homes/businesses, and are raising successful children of their own. I enjoy loving relationships with them, and so far have avoided being blamed for ruining their lives. There is still time I suppose, but I feel like I've cleared that hurdle. What are they going to do, blame me for their success? Actually, they both have - they've credited my example for their values and strong work ethic. They are raising their children with the same values and ethic. I wasn't perfect, but I guess I didn't do bad, even if every leading baby expert in the world thinks I did everything wrong. Please consider showing your friend some compassion and understanding, even if it's just accepting that every child is different and there are many different ways to raise children - there is no one "right way" that will fit every child and parent.
    I'm sure everyone on this forum is going to disagree with one another from time to time, but I still stand by what I wrote.
    If you're going to have a child, play with them, teach them things. Don't just plop them in front of a TV from sunup to sundown. That's the problem I'm having with this girl. She doesn't interact with her child. Maybe, I'm not getting the full picture, but what I saw was pretty sad. My husband played with A more than the dad did the whole time we were there. Dad just hid in the backroom.
    Also, I feel sorry for my friend. Her kids are not productive members of society. They leech off of her. I left home when I was 18. Nowadays, kids live with their parents into their 30's. That's a boomer issue, I'm not getting into.
    I bet the mom would be more productive if she had to stand on her own two feet.

I'm sure everyone on this forum is going to disagree with one another from time to time, but I still stand by what I wrote.
    If you're going to have a child, play with them, teach them things. Don't just plop them in front of a TV from sunup to sundown. That's the problem I'm having with this girl. She doesn't interact with her child. Maybe, I'm not getting the full picture, but what I saw was pretty sad. My husband played with A more than the dad did the whole time we were there. Dad just hid in the backroom.
    Also, I feel sorry for my friend. Her kids are not productive members of society. They leech off of her. I left home when I was 18. Nowadays, kids live with their parents into their 30's. That's a boomer issue, I'm not getting into.
    I bet the mom would be more productive if she had to stand on her own two feet.
    Thanks for clarifying. She sounds immature and I couldn't agree more: She would definitely be more productive if her mother made her stand on her own two feet, but she has no reason to do that. Her mother supports her and Babydaddy and Little A, too. Sounds like your friend never learned to say no and she's paying the price. I hate to see that, I have a friend in the same situation. It's frustrating.

Nowadays, kids live with their parents into their 30's.
    My sister at 37, still lives with my dad. Me at 37, I am married and own my own house. How did this happen when we were raised the same? No idea.

But let me tell you, I love my kids but no way in hell they would be mooching off me in their 30's. Though, my 19 year old moved out and got married already, and I am pretty sure my almost 16 year old will be going to college and doing great things (he is a straight A honors student).

My sister at 37, still lives with my dad. Me at 37, I am married and own my own house. How did this happen when we were raised the same? No idea.

But let me tell you, I love my kids but no way in hell they would be mooching off me in their 30's. Though, my 19 year old moved out and got married already, and I am pretty sure my almost 16 year old will be going to college and doing great things (he is a straight A honors student).
    How's the marriage going?

No way would my imaginary kids be living with me past about 20. I moved out on my own at 16. While I agree that was a bit young, I get so frustrated when I talk to my friends with 18-young 20's age kids and their kids are doing nothing, but still living at home. I also think that all kids going to college should start at a Jr. College, and we wouldn't have this student loan drama that we currently have. You can do the 1st two years at a reasonable rate, then transfer to the college of your dreams.

Now get off my lawn you whippersnappers!

How's the marriage going?

No way would my imaginary kids be living with me past about 20. I moved out on my own at 16. While I agree that was a bit young, I get so frustrated when I talk to my friends with 18-young 20's age kids and their kids are doing nothing, but still living at home. I also think that all kids going to college should start at a Jr. College, and we wouldn't have this student loan drama that we currently have. You can do the 1st two years at a reasonable rate, then transfer to the college of your dreams.

Now get off my lawn you whippersnappers!
    It's tough. College is crazy expensive anymore. I lived at home my sophomore year after a miserable freshman year in the dorms, then I went farther away to finish and never lived at home for more than a month or so while waiting for my house to be ready. My goal was to be out of the house before Dad retired. (He was 44 when I was born) Figured he'd work me to death. And I have to say I never mooched off of my parents, loafing around doing nothing. I was doing a lot of the cooking by the time I was 10 and doing the grocery shopping once I got my DL at 14. In our house no one loafed. You helped weed and pick the garden, shovel snow, do housework... Now of course Mom has been living with me for the last 10 years or so...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I finished my MBA 8 years ago, so I am fairly up on the price of college (of course I didn't live in the dorm, but that's another thing I think people need to think twice about). I tell people that if I can do it, anyone can do it. I had zero help from family, and because I was married without kids they said the minimum wage we made at our jobs made us ineligible for a grant back in the early years when we really didn't have a pot to piss in. I did an AA in Criminal Justice, an AA in Bus. Admin, a BS in Accounting and an MBA with only one student loan, and that was because my dog got cancer and I used the money I had saved up for tuition to pay for her chemo. My husband also went to college during this time, and he ended up with no student loans.

I worked the entire time I went to college, applied for scholarships, sought out programs that gave reduced tuition for night classes and things such as that (I never knew about this until someone told me, but believe me, they are out there. This is how I was able to ditch the state university for a more prestigious private university that was normally about 4 times as much as the state university). In the jobs I worked I looked for one that would help with tuition (even McD's does this now). Yes, it took me a little longer than the average student to finish my degrees, but not much longer and the payoff was not having a boat load of debt. It requires work, but there are a lot of ways to get around taking huge loans every semester.

I realize student loans and the price of college is an issue, but I would also argue that people just blindly follow the path without even looking at other options. Not everyone needs to go to college, not everyone should go to Harvard, not everyone needs an PhD, people can work while going to college, there are definitely scholarships and programs out there to help. Another thing I would recommend is working for a year or two to figure out who you are and what you want to do with your life. How many students spend time and money doing one degree only to get halfway through and realizing that they want to switch majors?

Anyway, just my .02 from someone who's been there, done that. I don't want to see anyone saddled with student loan debt.

Thread Information