Page 116 of 135 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I have no idea what that is, except people were running around playing it and not paying attention and sometimes getting hurt. Or maybe I'm remembering it all wrong.
    Nope, you're remembering it correctly.

I've been in a very foul mood the past couple of days.
    I've been trying to get rid of trash (expired food), but I can't because my husband just digs it back out. He swears he's going to eat it.
    Our house looks like we're moving in even though we've lived here for almost four years. I'm ready to call CPS on myself so my husband will have to do something about all the trash!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I've been in a very foul mood the past couple of days.
    I've been trying to get rid of trash (expired food), but I can't because my husband just digs it back out. He swears he's going to eat it.
    Our house looks like we're moving in even though we've lived here for almost four years. I'm ready to call CPS on myself so my husband will have to do something about all the trash!
    That must be frustrating. You have to throw stuff out while he's at work.

My husband just hoards clothes. We're retired in South Florida, he lives in sandals, why in the world would he need 50+ pairs of socks?!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I threw out Tupperware that had mold growing in it. I got the silent treatment, because he was going to eventually wash it.

A woman said she wanted to buy our bedroom set and would be by later. We dumped all my clothes and my son's clothes out of the dresser. She never showed up and later said her husband bought something else. I was pissed! All the clothes are currently on the bed. I change my son on the bed and there was no room. I hope she gets hit by a car. I'm that annoyed!

People are assholes. I volunteer for a committee, and bust my butt on it. I put in almost the equivalent of a full time job each week. People come to our meetings and rarely say anything nice, and pretend that we didn't do all the things we have done, and then have the nerve to criticize everything we do...but say they don't have time to volunteer when I ask them to come help us.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    People are assholes. I volunteer for a committee, and bust my butt on it. I put in almost the equivalent of a full time job each week. People come to our meetings and rarely say anything nice, and pretend that we didn't do all the things we have done, and then have the nerve to criticize everything we do...but say they don't have time to volunteer when I ask them to come help us.
    You dont get paid and you put in that much work? People should be thankful.

My mom was vice president of a commitee and did a ton of work for free also. They didnt think she did a good enough job and replaced her. I think it was a blessing for her. Fuck people with unrealistic expectations.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    You dont get paid and you put in that much work? People should be thankful.

My mom was vice president of a commitee and did a ton of work for free also. They didnt think she did a good enough job and replaced her. I think it was a blessing for her. Fuck people with unrealistic expectations.
    Thank you!

Yeah, my husband is always saying that if I got paid for any of the work that I do with them I would be rich because I put in so much time.

I feel like we have done really good work in the last couple of years, but I have decided that people are just ungrateful-nothing is ever good enough, and no matter what you do they wish you had done it differently.

My husband wants me to quit, and I am thinking about it. It's sad though, because overall I enjoy the work and things have really improved in the last few years from where it was when I took over. My volunteer Board doesn't want me to quit, but I do approximately 70% of the work, and take most of the brunt of the complaints and attacks, so it's different from what they encounter. I think the stress is getting to me.

Junior Member InsecureAttachment's Avatar
    I'm not sure if anyone will read this, but lately I've been full of (possibly irrational?) fear that I'll lose my significant other.
    After years and years of horrible, often abusive, relationships I finally found the love of my life. We plan to get married in the near future...things are awesome.
    He's 10 years older than me and has a family history of heart disease. Both his father and grandfather died of heart attacks before the age of 50. I'm constantly worried that I'm going to lose the man I love after finally finding one another.
    It definitely preoccupies my thoughts much of the time, which I'm working on. I haven't talked to anyone but him about this, so I guess I just needed to vent to someone outside of the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by InsecureAttachment View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone will read this, but lately I've been full of (possibly irrational?) fear that I'll lose my significant other.
    After years and years of horrible, often abusive, relationships I finally found the love of my life. We plan to get married in the near future...things are awesome.
    He's 10 years older than me and has a family history of heart disease. Both his father and grandfather died of heart attacks before the age of 50. I'm constantly worried that I'm going to lose the man I love after finally finding one another.
    It definitely preoccupies my thoughts much of the time, which I'm working on. I haven't talked to anyone but him about this, so I guess I just needed to vent to someone outside of the relationship.
    I'm glad you finally found that special someone! Knowing his family history, can you encourage him to go get a workup and make sure he is ok? With a history like that, he needs to be pro-active with his diet, exercise, and seeing a doctor to get advice.

I get being fearful about losing a special someone in your life, and it's hard to sometimes manage that anxiety. Maybe you can try to do things together that would help to manage your stress, and also help with his heart health?

Junior Member InsecureAttachment's Avatar
    I'm glad you finally found that special someone! Knowing his family history, can you encourage him to go get a workup and make sure he is ok? With a history like that, he needs to be pro-active with his diet, exercise, and seeing a doctor to get advice.

I get being fearful about losing a special someone in your life, and it's hard to sometimes manage that anxiety. Maybe you can try to do things together that would help to manage your stress, and also help with his heart health?
    He is actually getting a physical next week! I'm planning to talk to him about doing to bloodwork and ensuring that his doctor is 100% aware of his family history for heart disease. But I think the whole 'not knowing' thing right now has got me in a panic.

I think that's a great idea though, to try and manage these things together. I know I sure could use a change in my lifestyle as well!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and being so empathetic in your response!

My parents are visiting. We just got home. My son fell asleep in his carseat. My husband goes and puts our son to bed.
    I'm sitting on the couch playing on my phone. My mom's all like, "I hope you're not playing pokemon. Your son is more important." My son is sleeping. Wtf do you want me to do? Wake him up?! She keeps pestering me about him so I walk into the bedroom yelling for my son to wake up. Yeah. I know, I was just so frustrated. It was a long car ride and I just wanted to decompress, but I couldn't. He wakes up crying of course, my husband's pissed. I hope my mom's happy that he woke up and now I have to pay attention to him and not have any rare me time.

My parents are visiting. We just got home. My son fell asleep in his carseat. My husband goes and puts our son to bed.
    I'm sitting on the couch playing on my phone. My mom's all like, "I hope you're not playing pokemon. Your son is more important." My son is sleeping. Wtf do you want me to do? Wake him up?! She keeps pestering me about him so I walk into the bedroom yelling for my son to wake up. Yeah. I know, I was just so frustrated. It was a long car ride and I just wanted to decompress, but I couldn't. He wakes up crying of course, my husband's pissed. I hope my mom's happy that he woke up and now I have to pay attention to him and not have any rare me time.
    I am so glad I didn't have kids. I know my mother and in laws would be like yours, and I would probably lose it. I feel for you.

I totally relate to this. I found the love of my life after numerous failed attempts and couldn't believe my luck, but he has a family history of early death and I found myself focusing on that. It's natural to fear losing someone you love - no one wants a loved one to die! - but the fear is irrational if it keeps you from enjoying your life together. Someone much wiser than I am once said, "Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change." So I consciously adopted an attitude of gratitude and tried my best to appreciate every minute with him.... and it worked! Here we are, 20 years later....

The fact is, your time together is finite. It might be 25 years or 25 days - we don't have the power to know that - but don't waste precious time worrying about things that might or might not happen, enjoy your time together so you have no regrets at the end. Wishing you many happy years together with the love of your life...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I totally relate to this. I found the love of my life after numerous failed attempts and couldn't believe my luck, but he has a family history of early death and I found myself focusing on that. It's natural to fear losing someone you love - no one wants a loved one to die! - but the fear is irrational if it keeps you from enjoying your life together. Someone much wiser than I am once said, "Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change." So I consciously adopted an attitude of gratitude and tried my best to appreciate every minute with him.... and it worked! Here we are, 20 years later....

The fact is, your time together is finite. It might be 25 years or 25 days - we don't have the power to know that - but don't waste precious time worrying about things that might or might not happen, enjoy your time together so you have no regrets at the end. Wishing you many happy years together with the love of your life...
    So true. My cousin was 45 when she finally met and fell hard for her guy. They dated and married. About 18 months after they married he was diagnosed with cancer and was gone before the month was out. Tragic. But she says she wouldn't have missed knowing him for the world. So...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Guys that don't like the word no are dumb!
    In Pokemon Go world, certain pokemon can be shiny. Shiny pokemon are like regular pokemon, but they're a different color and are rarer to find.
    I had this shiny pokemon some guy wanted and he wanted to trade me a regional (a pokemon you can only get in certain parts of the world) for it. I told him no, because I didn't want a stupid green monkey. I gave him other pokemon options to get my shiny. Apparently, he didn't like that and took me off his friends list so I can no longer do trades with him.
    Stupid guy! If you couldn't relate to that story then think about sex. Guys don't like it when you say no to sex.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    So true. My cousin was 45 when she finally met and fell hard for her guy. They dated and married. About 18 months after they married he was diagnosed with cancer and was gone before the month was out. Tragic. But she says she wouldn't have missed knowing him for the world. So...
    I get it, I was 42yo. We met later in life, so every day with him feels like I have hit the lottery. I know neither of us can live forever, so I see every day as the gift and blessing it is. It's hard to get annoyed with a gift and blessing. Change the way you look at things, and...

Guys that don't like the word no are dumb!
    In Pokemon Go world, certain pokemon can be shiny. Shiny pokemon are like regular pokemon, but they're a different color and are rarer to find.
    I had this shiny pokemon some guy wanted and he wanted to trade me a regional (a pokemon you can only get in certain parts of the world) for it. I told him no, because I didn't want a stupid green monkey. I gave him other pokemon options to get my shiny. Apparently, he didn't like that and took me off his friends list so I can no longer do trades with him.
    Stupid guy! If you couldn't relate to that story then think about sex. Guys don't like it when you say no to sex.
    OMG, I know absolutely nothing about Pokemon, but I have DEFINITELY had guys go after my Shiny with their stupid Green Monkey, so I feel your pain, Sister. They are jackholes and they get Pokenothin. Good riddance, I say. Power on.

Whoever brought Luvs diapers and Dollar General diapers to my baby shower can go fuck themselves!!!
    I specified Huggies diapers for a reason!
    My husband sees no problems with his family's cheap ass ways.
    Luvs diapers fill up fast/leak and I already have major anxiety about changing diapers. Not to mention, my son pooped and it got in the front. No other diaper I've used did that except Luvs. I'd rather the cheap ass got us nothing at all! I'm hoping my son didn't get an infection due to poo up front.
    I'm glad I'm having no more baby showers ever.

I HATE GEORGIA! I hate the dumbasses that live in it and those that visit!
    I just found out my husband's mom's coworker has the coronavirus and instead of testing every employee there, they just shut down the factory for a day to deep clean. Who knows who else was exposed?! My brother reported the same thing happened at his work, but at least this time, they tested those that were closest to the person.

I HATE GEORGIA! I hate the dumbasses that live in it and those that visit!
    I just found out my husband's mom's coworker has the coronavirus and instead of testing every employee there, they just shut down the factory for a day to deep clean. Who knows who else was exposed?! My brother reported the same thing happened at his work, but at least this time, they tested those that were closest to the person.
    Silver Lining: You don't have to deal with your MIL for two weeks! You should be all

Silver Lining: You don't have to deal with your MIL for two weeks! You should be all
    Her husband still wants her to go visit the MIL now. (source: Covid thread)

Yeah. I have no clue how long it's been since she last saw that co-worker. She said she didn't get tested, because she doesn't have symptoms. She couldn't say or spell asymptomatic to save her life. She's that stupid!

My husband's sister is actually doing something smart by not letting mom around the kids for two weeks. Too bad my husband's not that smart.

My husband's sister is actually doing something smart by not letting mom around the kids for two weeks. Too bad my husband's not that smart.
    Whaaaaaat????

Shame on grandmom if she sees that baby.

Thread Information