Page 114 of 118 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 2931

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

  1. #2826
    Senior Member curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    16033059
    Short version:
    Husband's sister dissed us by not letting us spend time with our niece while they were in our town.

    Long, complicated version:
    My husband and I recently found out that my husband's sister and niece were in our city for the day and his sister never contacted us.
    His mother told the sister that we lived in that city, but she just ignored that fact.
    The thing that irks me about that is his sister is trying to keep her kids (2 nephews and a niece) from seeing their uncle.
    The kids adore their uncle and it's not fair to punish them, because their mother thinks her brother didn't do enough for their dad when he was alive.
    We live 3.5 hours away from my husband's family and he has a full-time job. It's not easy to drop things whenever his sister demanded him to come babysit their dad last minute (when he was alive).
    His dad understood that his son has a busy life and couldn't come see him every weekend.
    Also, my husband would help his dad out all the time when we lived in the same city.
    The daughter is a slutty bitch who thinks she should get her way 24/7. The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  2. #2827
    Senior Member curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    16033059
    I hate when it takes forever for people to text back!
    I have a friend who I'll text and depending on the text message I send, they take hours or minutes to text back.
    Annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  3. #2828
    Senior Member queenaevadamthng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hogwaller, SC
    Posts
    4,233
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Please weigh in. My friend's husband has always been the kind of guy that likes to help people to make himself look good. He will spend money and time on others while his wife and kid do without. True example... He was spending a ridiculous amount of money to mail sports equipment to a guy in Africa. All the while barely having food in the house for family. The wife is struggling to find work occasionally baby sitting for family to earn money. He supports them through his home business, that without the proper licensing is on the slide and considered illegal. It pays the bills with very little left. It is a very risky venture. And No, he ain't cooking meth.

    The wife and kid can't have friends over because of his business. Both stay very lonely and depressed as well as worried. They are constantly worried that someone is going to rat Hubs out. Also, the husband isn't very careful with who he associates with. He also likes to brag and show off. People know he doesn't work a real job and whisper about how he makes his money. She has warned him several times he's being stupid and careless and he manages to turn things around on her.

    I spoke with her tonight and she's beside herself. Hubs has an old friend that has run into some bad luck. His pal hasn't had power or water in several weeks due to his money being spent on painkillers. Hubs wants to go get him and bring him to their home so he can shower. She feels bad for the guy but has many reservations. 1st, her husband's business not being licensed makes her worry. Junkies being junkies, nice guy or not, isn't a person you wanna be giving valuable info that could be used if they got desperate enough. 2nd, this guy hasn't bathed in a month. Would you really wanna expose your family to critters or whatever else this guy might be carrying on him? She wants to do the right thing but wants to keep her family safe. I can't say I blame her. I suggested to her that maybe her Hubs could find a cheap motel room or take the guy to one of those Truck stops that provides showers rather than him bringing him home. She tried to talk to her husband about doing this and he completely wigged out on her. He told her she was a horrible person yada, yada, yada. Threatened to kill her over it. The kid got in the middle trying to protect her. It's one big mess. I'm 1,000 miles away with limited resources myself. All I can do is listen.

    Believe it or not, her Hubs is still walking around acting butthurt saying she's the terrible one. Now he's threatening to kick her and kid out. WTF is wrong with this guy.


    "Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

  4. #2829
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    5,191
    Rep Power
    12451939
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Please weigh in. My friend's husband has always been the kind of guy that likes to help people to make himself look good. He will spend money and time on others while his wife and kid do without. True example... He was spending a ridiculous amount of money to mail sports equipment to a guy in Africa. All the while barely having food in the house for family. The wife is struggling to find work occasionally baby sitting for family to earn money. He supports them through his home business, that without the proper licensing is on the slide and considered illegal. It pays the bills with very little left. It is a very risky venture. And No, he ain't cooking meth.

    The wife and kid can't have friends over because of his business. Both stay very lonely and depressed as well as worried. They are constantly worried that someone is going to rat Hubs out. Also, the husband isn't very careful with who he associates with. He also likes to brag and show off. People know he doesn't work a real job and whisper about how he makes his money. She has warned him several times he's being stupid and careless and he manages to turn things around on her.

    I spoke with her tonight and she's beside herself. Hubs has an old friend that has run into some bad luck. His pal hasn't had power or water in several weeks due to his money being spent on painkillers. Hubs wants to go get him and bring him to their home so he can shower. She feels bad for the guy but has many reservations. 1st, her husband's business not being licensed makes her worry. Junkies being junkies, nice guy or not, isn't a person you wanna be giving valuable info that could be used if they got desperate enough. 2nd, this guy hasn't bathed in a month. Would you really wanna expose your family to critters or whatever else this guy might be carrying on him? She wants to do the right thing but wants to keep her family safe. I can't say I blame her. I suggested to her that maybe her Hubs could find a cheap motel room or take the guy to one of those Truck stops that provides showers rather than him bringing him home. She tried to talk to her husband about doing this and he completely wigged out on her. He told her she was a horrible person yada, yada, yada. Threatened to kill her over it. The kid got in the middle trying to protect her. It's one big mess. I'm 1,000 miles away with limited resources myself. All I can do is listen.

    Believe it or not, her Hubs is still walking around acting butthurt saying she's the terrible one. Now he's threatening to kick her and kid out. WTF is wrong with this guy.
    That is a tough situation because she is coming to you but the advice should be to leave him but she won't. My sister went through the same thing almost but she never left him.

    To spend money on other things while your family does without is unacceptable. I would leave if she goes to a local battered womans shelter they will find her resources.

    Maybe he will change his tune if she is serious about leaving him.

  5. #2830
    senior cunt emmieslost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    26,181
    Rep Power
    21474876
    She should make a plan to leave him. What he's doing is not safe for the kid it her to be around and honestly sounds abusive.

  6. #2831
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    I have always said that blood doesn't make family. I have an "adopted" Mom who is someone I met in my early 30's and she would do anything for me. We have some friends that don't have kids, and when we were in our 20's they were totally there for us like real parents. These people are so much more family to me than my bio family could ever be.

  7. #2832
    Cranjis McBasketball Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    7,806
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by iradamegidova View Post
    I have always said that blood doesn't make family. I have an "adopted" Mom who is someone I met in my early 30's and she would do anything for me. We have some friends that don't have kids, and when we were in our 20's they were totally there for us like real parents. These people are so much more family to me than my bio family could ever be.
    I have made a post letting everyone know on my fb how horrible this site is. You will not last long posting such gore and horror on real people's lives!!!
    You posted that in another thread. WTF?


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  8. #2833
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,347
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Noooooooo. I spend so much time on this beach. In daylight I rescue beached sea hares, on summer nights we shine torches in the water & watch the cuttlefish come to the light like moths, in winter we go down to watch for meteors & falling stars. One afternoon we even wandered down to the deserted beach to see a fucking pirate ship just metres from shore





    BUT I MISSED THIS



    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-2...party/10157776

    Amateur astronomer catches 'bioluminescence party' at Jervis Bay
    By Jamie McKinnell
    Updated Thu at 9:01pm


    PHOTO: The sea sparkles at Vincentia, Jervis Bay, attracted dozens of spectators. (Supplied: David Finlay)

    Bioluminescence dazzles beachgoers at Tasmania's Preservation Bay


    An amateur NSW astronomer who captured spectacular images and video of bioluminescence at Jervis Bay says beachgoers could barely believe what they were witnessing.

    Kiama local David Finlay, 45, was tipped off to the natural phenomenon through a Facebook group and made the trip to the popular holiday spot last Friday night.

    He was among up to 60 people to visit the beach that evening and saw the glow of noctiluca scintillans, or sea sparkles, light up the foreshore.

    "We were stunned," Mr Finlay said.

    "There was this childish excitement the entire night."

    Sea sparkles are a buoyant, single-celled algae or plant plankton which can produce light when they are disturbed.

    They are mostly restricted to coastal waters, particularly in the vicinity of river mouths, and can appear at during any time of the year.


    PHOTO: Amateur astronomer David Finlay caught spectacular images of the glowing phenomenon at Jervis Bay. (Supplied: David Finlay)

    Jervis Bay and areas around Hobart in Tasmania are known for the phenomenon, but Mr Finlay said Friday night's light show was the brightest he had ever seen.

    "Imagine having this stuff dripping off your fingers," he said.

    "I dipped my hand in the water at one point and it came out with this blue neon glow on my hand."

    "It was hard to believe."

    Mr Finlay said the sparkles grew brighter as the tide came in, and the phenomenon lasted four to five hours.

    Beachgoers began referring to it as their own "bioluminescence party".

    The former industrial chemist said he had friends who plan to travel to Jervis Bay in the hope of catching the same spectacle, but the appearance of the phenomenon depends largely on weather conditions, including the wind.

    "This is the real magic in life that people should be looking for," he said.

    "People are starting to realise science is entertainment."


    PHOTO: Bioluminescence is known to occur at Jervis Bay and around areas of Hobart in Tasmania. (Supplied: David Finlay)

    Last edited by blighted star; 08-24-2018 at 01:36 PM.

  9. #2834
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15,517
    Rep Power
    21474859
    I am so tired of the dumbing down of software. I use a program for my work that had a very specific target user: a professional accounting person. It worked well, I liked it, and it was professional. I opened it up this week after they updated it, and I swear it's like Sesame Street my first numbers software now. Everything is designed now to kiss the ass of someone who knows nothing about accounting.

    I am so upset. They also wiped out old accounts (too hard for a layman to understand these terms) and made everything generic, and all of my running balances on long term assets/liabilities are now gone. I am corresponding with them, and they don't seem to understand the problem. There is plenty of software out there for someone to balance their checkbook or whatever the heck they need, but why do we have to dumb down everything? If someone couldn't understand the debit/credit and reporting aspect to this software, then they probably needed to get different software or hire a bookkeeper or accountant.

  10. #2835
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    10080275
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Noooooooo. I spend so much time on this beach. In daylight I rescue beached sea hares, on summer nights we shine torches in the water & watch the cuttlefish come to the light like moths, in winter we go down to watch for meteors & falling stars. One afternoon we even wandered down to the deserted beach to see a fucking pirate ship just metres from shore





    BUT I MISSED THIS



    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-2...party/10157776
    Damn that's purty.

    Every time I see beautiful pictures from around the world I can't help but get a case of the sads because I don't think I'm ever gonna go anywhere beautiful.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  11. #2836
    Senior Member animosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,559
    Rep Power
    21474862
    Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    She should make a plan to leave him. What he's doing is not safe for the kid it her to be around and honestly sounds abusive.
    absolutely financially and emotionally abusive. also, isolating is a technique used to limit support and keep a person from reaching out. she should start squirreling money and looking for a place to go. even if she is not ready to leave, she should be contacting DV agencies to access information about the process and options and seek support from others. there are probably groups she can attend.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

  12. #2837
    Senior Member kevansvault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Posts
    4,585
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Please weigh in. My friend's husband has always been the kind of guy that likes to help people to make himself look good. He will spend money and time on others while his wife and kid do without. True example... He was spending a ridiculous amount of money to mail sports equipment to a guy in Africa. All the while barely having food in the house for family. The wife is struggling to find work occasionally baby sitting for family to earn money. He supports them through his home business, that without the proper licensing is on the slide and considered illegal. It pays the bills with very little left. It is a very risky venture. And No, he ain't cooking meth.

    The wife and kid can't have friends over because of his business. Both stay very lonely and depressed as well as worried. They are constantly worried that someone is going to rat Hubs out. Also, the husband isn't very careful with who he associates with. He also likes to brag and show off. People know he doesn't work a real job and whisper about how he makes his money. She has warned him several times he's being stupid and careless and he manages to turn things around on her.

    I spoke with her tonight and she's beside herself. Hubs has an old friend that has run into some bad luck. His pal hasn't had power or water in several weeks due to his money being spent on painkillers. Hubs wants to go get him and bring him to their home so he can shower. She feels bad for the guy but has many reservations. 1st, her husband's business not being licensed makes her worry. Junkies being junkies, nice guy or not, isn't a person you wanna be giving valuable info that could be used if they got desperate enough. 2nd, this guy hasn't bathed in a month. Would you really wanna expose your family to critters or whatever else this guy might be carrying on him? She wants to do the right thing but wants to keep her family safe. I can't say I blame her. I suggested to her that maybe her Hubs could find a cheap motel room or take the guy to one of those Truck stops that provides showers rather than him bringing him home. She tried to talk to her husband about doing this and he completely wigged out on her. He told her she was a horrible person yada, yada, yada. Threatened to kill her over it. The kid got in the middle trying to protect her. It's one big mess. I'm 1,000 miles away with limited resources myself. All I can do is listen.

    Believe it or not, her Hubs is still walking around acting butthurt saying she's the terrible one. Now he's threatening to kick her and kid out. WTF is wrong with this guy.
    So have you talked to your friend again, the one you posted about in the Vent thread? Has she made it out of that home with her son?

    That sounds like a shitty situation with a fucked up shady asshole husband. I hope she's able to gtfo of there soon.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

  13. #2838
    Senior Member soultosqueeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    1,841
    Rep Power
    16339330
    I had a horrible interaction about the Kavanaugh thing on a town facebook page. Some dude said that "If Ford had such trauma, she would remember every single detail".. to which I replied "That's now how trauma works" and the response was this:


    Steve Hopkins: Kerri Lynn and how’s that? You had a ding a ling swing a ling in your face? Cause if you did without consent I’m pretty damn sure you ain’t gonna forget! You’d have to be half gifted at minimum to forget. Jesus H Christ, you can’t be serious to say she could have forgotten that much.

  14. #2839
    Senior Member puke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Actually somebody posted on twiiter this response about trauma which makes sense and when people bring up her not knowing every detail.
    Do you remember where you were and what you were doing right at this moment but two weeks ago?
    Now do you remember where you were and what you were doing when 9/11 happened?
    Last edited by puke; 10-10-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

  15. #2840
    These people are so much more family to me than my bio family could ever be.

  16. #2841
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    10080275
    Quote Originally Posted by prudentialmagnoliarealty View Post
    These people are so much more family to me than my bio family could ever be.
    What people?

  17. #2842
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    10080275
    Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Actually somebody posted on twiiter this response about trauma which makes sense and when people bring up her not knowing every detail.
    Do you remember where you were and what you were doing right at this moment but two weeks ago?
    Now do you remember where you were and what you were doing when 9/11 happened?
    I understand where you are coming from and while it may seem that if you can remember 9/11, you can remember being raped/sexually assaulted, that's not how trauma works.

    Trauma isn't the same across the board and in cases of terrorism, you can separate yourself from the event. It's not personal and while devastating with repercussions ranging from PTSD to grief to loss to hopelessness and back again, the bottom line is no one walked into your house, held you down, and flew an airplane into your ass.

    It's common for victims of sexual assault (and other types of victims) to block out the event because reliving it itself is just as traumatic. Why would you put yourself through that over and over again? Instead, your brain erases the memory as a coping mechanism so you can move on with your life.

    Add that to the fact that if you tell someone there was a terrorist attack, they believe you. Tell someone you were pinned down at a party and assaulted by a dude, people either don't believe you or want to know what you did to deserve it. Assaulting women is just recently becoming not cool (took long enough) and speaking out about it causes even more pain because you are a vulnerable victim all over again. So yeah, you tuck it away and move on with your life.

    I'd like to tell you I was assaulted when I was younger. I do not remember what I wore, how old I was (13? 15?), the kind of car I was in when it happened, or where the car was. All I could tell you was that it happened, what happened, who the dude was, how I felt, and how I blamed myself for being in that situation in the first place. I filed it away because it's painful. 9/11 was no where near as painful for me ( I was a manager at bp, wearing a uniform, stocking cigarettes, gas went from 1.29 to 1.99 a gallon immediately, the first person who told me was a customer who was talking on a cell phone wearing a great suit, etc.).

    No one fully understands trauma and each situation is unique. To tell a woman she is not credible because she can't remember the details of a personal, sexual assault but can recall a shared trauma like 9/11 is just dead wrong.

  18. #2843
    Superomnininjamember Monter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    9th Circle, Hell, New Yawk
    Posts
    12,154
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    I understand where you are coming from and while it may seem that if you can remember 9/11, you can remember being raped/sexually assaulted, that's not how trauma works.

    Trauma isn't the same across the board and in cases of terrorism, you can separate yourself from the event. It's not personal and while devastating with repercussions ranging from PTSD to grief to loss to hopelessness and back again, the bottom line is no one walked into your house, held you down, and flew an airplane into your ass.

    It's common for victims of sexual assault (and other types of victims) to block out the event because reliving it itself is just as traumatic. Why would you put yourself through that over and over again? Instead, your brain erases the memory as a coping mechanism so you can move on with your life.

    Add that to the fact that if you tell someone there was a terrorist attack, they believe you. Tell someone you were pinned down at a party and assaulted by a dude, people either don't believe you or want to know what you did to deserve it. Assaulting women is just recently becoming not cool (took long enough) and speaking out about it causes even more pain because you are a vulnerable victim all over again. So yeah, you tuck it away and move on with your life.

    I'd like to tell you I was assaulted when I was younger. I do not remember what I wore, how old I was (13? 15?), the kind of car I was in when it happened, or where the car was. All I could tell you was that it happened, what happened, who the dude was, how I felt, and how I blamed myself for being in that situation in the first place. I filed it away because it's painful. 9/11 was no where near as painful for me ( I was a manager at bp, wearing a uniform, stocking cigarettes, gas went from 1.29 to 1.99 a gallon immediately, the first person who told me was a customer who was talking on a cell phone wearing a great suit, etc.).

    No one fully understands trauma and each situation is unique. To tell a woman she is not credible because she can't remember the details of a personal, sexual assault but can recall a shared trauma like 9/11 is just dead wrong.
    Standing Ovation.
    People go to school for years to learn to do this crap- everyone thinks they are arm chair psychologists and they usually sound like morons to anyone who is actually learned in the subject.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

  19. #2844
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,912
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Standing Ovation.
    People go to school for years to learn to do this crap- everyone thinks they are arm chair psychologists and they usually sound like morons to anyone who is actually learned in the subject.
    Yep. I can tell you almost minute by minute where I was and what I did on 9/11 and the day Challenger exploded... But if I needed to testify about my Aunt's husband molesting me? (full on rape if you're curious) I can't tell you for sure when it happened, only vaguely in relation to other events. I can't tell you many of the details. I know he deployed to VietNam at some point, then when he came back I told my mother and she, bless her believed me and told her sister. But, to have to try to dredge up details and testify? COULD NOT do it. Dr. Ford has all my respect for being able to be as clear as she was. Thank god my abuser is dead. I on his grave. I can put it out of my mind for days, weeks even, then things come crashing back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  20. #2845
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    10080275
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yep. I can tell you almost minute by minute where I was and what I did on 9/11 and the day Challenger exploded... But if I needed to testify about my Aunt's husband molesting me? (full on rape if you're curious) I can't tell you for sure when it happened, only vaguely in relation to other events. I can't tell you many of the details. I know he deployed to VietNam at some point, then when he came back I told my mother and she, bless her believed me and told her sister. But, to have to try to dredge up details and testify? COULD NOT do it. Dr. Ford has all my respect for being able to be as clear as she was. Thank god my abuser is dead. I on his grave. I can put it out of my mind for days, weeks even, then things come crashing back.
    Thanks Monter and Puzzld!

    I too applaud Dr. Ford. Fuck yeah Ford. She has more courage now than I when I was younger. I personally never told anyone because not only was I ashamed but sadly, I just thought that that was what happened to girls. The dude was late 20s and I was a young teen. He got cancer many years ago and I have no idea what happened to him. Don't give a Ford Fuck.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  21. #2846
    Cranjis McBasketball Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    7,806
    Rep Power
    21474853
    I've never gone through it, but I think that makes me even more understanding to how people deal...I have no room to judge on how people deal with awful things like that, and who knows how I would be in that situation?


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  22. #2847
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/13/healt...rnd/index.html

    Ecoli Scare

    (CNN)Just days after health officials urged Americans to throw out their salad kits over E. coli concerns, the Food and Drug Administration announced it's investigating three separate E. coli outbreaks linked to salad products.

    The first outbreak, linked to romaine lettuce from the Salinas, California, region, has already affected about 102 people across 21 states, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported.
    The CDC is urging consumers to discard their salad kits after people were sickened with E. coli

    Final results are still pending, the FDA said. But during the multi-state investigation taking place, Wisconsin health officials found the bacteria in a pre-washed cropped romaine lettuce bag from Salinas, Valley, California, officials said.
    The second outbreak originates from Fresh Express Sunflower Crisp Chopped Salad Kits.
    "To date, the CDC reported eight confirmed cases in the U.S. across three states associated with this cluster of illnesses," the FDA said.
    The third outbreak is associated with romaine lettuce from Washington state restaurant chain Evergreens, the agency and local health officials said.
    "These closely related strains among people who ate at Evergreens are different from the strain currently causing a national outbreak of E. coli associated with romaine lettuce grown in Salinas, California," Seattle & King County Public Health officials said.
    The outbreaks seem to be from three different strains of E. coli, the FDA said.

  23. #2848
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0
    https://www.news4jax.com/health/2019...county-school/

    Noro Virus Reported in Florida

    One case of Norovirus was confirmed at a St. Johns County school last week, but authorities will not say if it was one of the dozens of students of Creekside High School who became sick last Thursday.

    Of the 2,300 students at the school, 179 students were absent on Thursday and 19 students and one teacher checked out before the end of the school day complaining of diarrhea and other symptoms. On Friday, only 549 showed up for classes -- 24% of the student body.


    The Health Department confirmed one case of Norovirus.

    MORE ONLINE: Centers for Disease Control key facts about Norovirus

    School officials said staff used and continues to use a phenolic-based disinfectant to wipe down surfaces that students and staff would typically come into contact with -- things like door handles and desktop -- and used an electrostatic sprayer that uses a chlorinated-based disinfectant inside classroom spaces. Both products are designed to kill Norovirus, flu, MRSA, GRSA, HIV, Hepatitis A, B and C, Rhinovirus. The fog-based disinfectant is also a food-grade sanitizer and is non-toxic.

    Creekside’s canceled girls basketball games scheduled after school Thursday and all athletic events on Friday night as a precaution.

    The school district said Wednesday that attendance and check out numbers at the school were back to normal.

  24. #2849
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ls/4417867002/

    A nasty Norovirus outbreak is terrorizing Washington state, forcing hundreds of kids to stay home and dozens of schools to close.

    Seattle Public Schools tweeted that Leschi Elementary will be closed Friday for cleaning because of the stomach flu outbreak. Over 100 students and staff members reported being sick Thursday.

    “There have not been other reports of a greater-than-normal number of cases of illness among students and staff at any other school in the district,” SPS spokesperson Tim Robinson said in a statement to KING-TV.

    Seattle Public Schools anticipates Leschi Elementary to open Monday.

    Washington Elementary School’s campus was cleaned and disinfected Wednesday after more than 50 students called out sick. District spokesman Pat Nuzzo said the district is also monitoring Harney Elementary School where 40 students were out sick.

    Vancouver Public Schools also reported dozens of students out sick at several elementary schools, also prompting cleaning, disinfecting and a letter to parents warning them of the symptoms of the virus.


    The Columbian reports at Harry S. Truman Elementary School, 72 of the school’s approximately 520 students were out Wednesday, 61 on Tuesday and 82 Monday. Students have fever, coughing and flu-like symptoms, Nuzzo said.

  25. #2850
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15,517
    Rep Power
    21474859
    I want to vent about people making repeat usernames and then asking me to ban them. Either come and post normally, or stay away on your own, but don't keep making new usernames.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •