Page 113 of 135 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-daughter.html

Wow this happens a men kill a family they accuse of being abusers.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    It turns out my gallbladder is fine. No idea why I was so sick this week. Likely stress related. Glad surgery isn't necessary.
    Glad it wasn't that... ever figure it out? How are you now?

My vent: taking care of grandma is both extremely challenging and sufficiently rewarding. A lot of the times she is super easy to please, just cook her a meal, crack a joke, and smile and she melts. Other times, she is stubborn and childish.

Gains so far (TMI):

We have fixed her constipation/overdosing on laxatives which caused explosive diarrhea 2x per week by giving her... wait for it... vegetables and bran muffins! She is shitting like a champ now every morning after her coffee and I feel so bad that she spent the last three years on the toilet for 4+ hours per laxative day. She is no longer in diapers - we just put a maxi in her chonies to catch dribble and sharts.

We bought her a stylish walker with a seat and she loves getting up and walking around with it which requires her to push herself out of her seat more often. She calls it "my baby" and was very upset when uncle made her use her old hospital walker when she went to visit last weekend.

She insists on having meals at the table instead of in front of the tv - that's 3x more exercise than she was getting before.

We have been getting her books from the library so now instead of watching doom and gloom on CNN all day, everyday, she will spend a couple of hours in the afternoon reading and then tell us all about the story.

She's getting cateract surgery next month. Now if only we could convince her to get a hearing aide.

The downsides (also TMI):

I'm more familiar with my grandma's nether regions than I ever wanted to be. Also I now know what my future boobs will look like and have started saving for a reduction.

She still fights us upping her shower schedule to 2x per week instead of the 1x arrangement she had with uncle.

OH GOD THE TV HOLY SHIT IT NEVER ENDS AND IT IS LITERALLY ON AS LOUD AS IT GETS ALWAYS PLEASE MAKE IT STOP OR KILL ME I DONT CARE.

Anything she wants, needs, or worries about has to be addressed immediately or she starts getting upset and ruminating on it. You have to let her know exactly how everything is going to happen before she agrees to it. She does not tolerate ambiguity.

Today I fouled up royal. Everything was going great until just before bed. We went to the urologist for the first time to have her catheter changed and they sent us home with only the leg bag, which she has always hated and refused to wear. The doctor said he didn't have night bags but gave us a script for one. Instead of filling it immediately, we went to lunch and came home and after her nap, she started freaking out about the night bag so I called the medical supply store and they were about to close. They don't open again until Monday. So we looked at the internet, which told us that you can't sleep in a leg bag and I'm like wtf do I do now? I called literally every pharmacy within a 50 mile range including hospitals and ERs and none sold night bags unless you are a patient who is being seen for an emergency or whatever. Now I have to stay up until 1, wake grandma up and drain her bag and then do it again at 5 am. Yay.

Worst part? I was hoping she would have such a pleasant weekend not being tied to a urine cord coming out of her pants that she would agree to wear the leg bag when we went out places in the future and I ruined it by not getting the night bag in time. I totally feel like I failed her on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    It turns out my gallbladder is fine. No idea why I was so sick this week. Likely stress related. Glad surgery isn't necessary.

My vent: taking care of grandma is both extremely challenging and sufficiently rewarding. A lot of the times she is super easy to please, just cook her a meal, crack a joke, and smile and she melts. Other times, she is stubborn and childish.

Gains so far (TMI):

We have fixed her constipation/overdosing on laxatives which caused explosive diarrhea 2x per week by giving her... wait for it... vegetables and bran muffins! She is shitting like a champ now every morning after her coffee and I feel so bad that she spent the last three years on the toilet for 4+ hours per laxative day. She is no longer in diapers - we just put a maxi in her chonies to catch dribble and sharts.

We bought her a stylish walker with a seat and she loves getting up and walking around with it which requires her to push herself out of her seat more often. She calls it "my baby" and was very upset when uncle made her use her old hospital walker when she went to visit last weekend.

She insists on having meals at the table instead of in front of the tv - that's 3x more exercise than she was getting before.

We have been getting her books from the library so now instead of watching doom and gloom on CNN all day, everyday, she will spend a couple of hours in the afternoon reading and then tell us all about the story.

She's getting cateract surgery next month. Now if only we could convince her to get a hearing aide.

I'm more familiar with my grandma's nether regions than I ever wanted to be. Also I now know what my future boobs will look like and have started saving for a reduction.

She still fights us upping her shower schedule to 2x per week instead of the 1x arrangement she had with uncle.

OH GOD THE TV HOLY SHIT IT NEVER ENDS AND IT IS LITERALLY ON AS LOUD AS IT GETS ALWAYS PLEASE MAKE IT STOP OR KILL ME I DONT CARE.

Anything she wants, needs, or worries about has to be addressed immediately or she starts getting upset and ruminating on it. You have to let her know exactly how everything is going to happen before she agrees to it. She does not tolerate ambiguity.

Today I fouled up royal. Everything was going great until just before bed. We went to the urologist for the first time to have her catheter changed and they sent us home with only the leg bag, which she has always hated and refused to wear. The doctor said he didn't have night bags but gave us a script for one. Instead of filling it immediately, we went to lunch and came home and after her nap, she started freaking out about the night bag so I called the medical supply store and they were about to close. They don't open again until Monday. So we looked at the internet, which told us that you can't sleep in a leg bag and I'm like wtf do I do now? I called literally every pharmacy within a 50 mile range including hospitals and ERs and none sold night bags unless you are a patient who is being seen for an emergency or whatever. Now I have to stay up until 1, wake grandma up and drain her bag and then do it again at 5 am. Yay.

Worst part? I was hoping she would have such a pleasant weekend not being tied to a urine cord coming out of her pants that she would agree to wear the leg bag when we went out places in the future and I ruined it by not getting the night bag in time. I totally feel like I failed her on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post

Gains so far (TMI):

WOW I'm so glad both my grandmas are dead. RIP Mama B and G
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Wow Ani you are an amazing granddaughter. You really go above and beyond.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    WOW I'm so glad both my grandmas are dead. RIP Mama B and G
    Oh geez puke. rip the two grandmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Wow Ani you are an amazing granddaughter. You really go above and beyond.
    Thanks. It's something a lot of people do for their old people, and it's not just me, it's my mom and dad too. Team effort. I'm just trying to do as much as I can during winter break because when I go back to classes, I'll be gone the majority of the time and they both work. We're trying to get her situated and ok with being here.

She was fine waking up in the middle of the night and actually felt vindicated about being right about her bag choice she was like, I told you this would be trouble.

My vent: taking care of grandma is both extremely challenging and sufficiently rewarding.
    Welcome to the caregiver zone. Sounds like you are doing great. Couple of thoughts for you...

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...ywords=tv+ears

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...rinseless+soap
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Welcome to the caregiver zone. Sounds like you are doing great. Couple of thoughts for you...

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...ywords=tv+ears

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...rinseless+soap
    Oh thanks! Especially for the body wash stuff. I have her wiping with baby wipes when she checks herself during the day and I have her do her pits and under boobs every night with them too. I'll send this link to mom.

Not sure the head set will work because she likes having conversations with others about the programs so it's like constantly muting the tv to talk and unmuting it when she notices it's muted. We are trying to figure out how to connect the sound bar we have wirelessly so it can just sit right next to her "good ear" but we are tech dummies and have no idea what to do to make this happen.

I have pnemonia in both my lungs, and I'm afraid I'm going to die

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah the headsets not great for conversations...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Are you home? I had it in both my lungs back when I was 20, I was in the hospital for 3 days, it was awful...

I am so sorry, I know what you're going through

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Feel any better today?

I had that once, many years ago, and it was awful. Get better soon, ok?
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Are you home? I had it in both my lungs back when I was 20, I was in the hospital for 3 days, it was awful...

I am so sorry, I know what you're going through
    I am home, but not resting as much as I should...because baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Feel any better today?

I had that once, many years ago, and it was awful. Get better soon, ok?
    I feel a little better today. I've never had it before and I'm scared. I was prescribed the Zpack-hopefully it works.

Hope you feel better.

Ani I'm glad your taking care of your grandmother. Keep her moving and i'm glad you have help. I did it for mine and it's hard work but we couldn't put her in a home.

Worst Christmas ever.

The stepsister's newly adopted (replacement) Christmas puppy for her kids was diagnosed with parvo after three days home from the shelter...

This led to grandpa staying with us for the weekend instead of their house because he brought his dog.

Mom gave grandpa a digestive enzyme after dinner yesterday, which he believes caused him to have diarrhea and vomiting all night (maybe, maybe not... his stomach was bothering him before the pill, obviously).

Grandpa fell in the middle of the night getting up to puke or shit or whatever and didn't tell anyone until my grandma fell trying to get off the toilet today.

Brother had to help me get naked from the waist down grandma up off the ground with shit everywhere.

Yay for my weekend of barf, shit, and trying to keep my parents safe and calm as I explained all the frightening shit that happened whilst they were away for the day.

Worst Christmas ever.

The stepsister's newly adopted (replacement) Christmas puppy for her kids was diagnosed with parvo after three days home from the shelter...

This led to grandpa staying with us for the weekend instead of their house because he brought his dog.

Mom gave grandpa a digestive enzyme after dinner yesterday, which he believes caused him to have diarrhea and vomiting all night (maybe, maybe not... his stomach was bothering him before the pill, obviously).

Grandpa fell in the middle of the night getting up to puke or shit or whatever and didn't tell anyone until my grandma fell trying to get off the toilet today.

Brother had to help me get naked from the waist down grandma up off the ground with shit everywhere.

Yay for my weekend of barf, shit, and trying to keep my parents safe and calm as I explained all the frightening shit that happened whilst they were away for the day.
    The Parvovirus is no joke. Most people have to hospitalize the dogs and give them Iv fluids, cerenia, penicillin, around the clock. The smell of their vomit/diarrhea is distinctive and gross.

If one puppy at the shelter has it, they all do. Keep the puppy away from unvaccinated dogs, I've seen older dogs get it. It's very very contagious.

I'm sorry about your grandparents and your shitty Christmas.

The Parvovirus is no joke. Most people have to hospitalize the dogs and give them Iv fluids, cerenia, penicillin, around the clock. The smell of their vomit/diarrhea is distinctive and gross.

If one puppy at the shelter has it, they all do. Keep the puppy away from unvaccinated dogs, I've seen older dogs get it. It's very very contagious.

I'm sorry about your grandparents and your shitty Christmas.
    The dog is doing fine so far. They were giving it fluids every two hours over the three days or something. Full recovery expected! Grandma seems fine except her arm hurts and she has a big scape on her leg. We are looking for a riser toilet that bolts to the toilet instead of the stand alone thing that fits over the toilet that she has currently. He said it tipped over when she was getting up because she put too much body weight on one side. Grandpa will probably never eat over again because he thinks he was food poisoned by mom's food or her pill. Everyone made it out of Christmas alive, so there's that.

The dog is doing fine so far. They were giving it fluids every two hours over the three days or something. Full recovery expected! Grandma seems fine except her arm hurts and she has a big scape on her leg. We are looking for a riser toilet that bolts to the toilet instead of the stand alone thing that fits over the toilet that she has currently. He said it tipped over when she was getting up because she put too much body weight on one side. Grandpa will probably never eat over again because he thinks he was food poisoned by mom's food or her pill. Everyone made it out of Christmas alive, so there's that.
    Sometimes that's the best you can hope for. Better days coming in the new year!

Were they giving them subque (under the skin)? As long as they stay hydrated, they should be okay.

I don't think the probiotic made him sick, but I hope he feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Sometimes that's the best you can hope for. Better days coming in the new year!
    Thanks!

Were they giving them subque (under the skin)? As long as they stay hydrated, they should be okay.

I don't think the probiotic made him sick, but I hope he feels better.
    Yeah, I think under the skin. Not sure though.

The government shutdown. Soldiers are going without pay while I'm sure Congress is still getting paid.
    Where is the public outcry?!
    I'm sure Trump is going to take credit for the government being back in business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I'm sick of reading the comments today about Zay Jones of the Bills after his meltdown last night in LA. Calling him a thug and a junkie after he tried to kill himself? While details of what happened aren't out yet, nor do they need to be because it's really nobody's business but his and his family's, the kid obviously needs help and trashing him all over the internet isn't the solution. From what I've seen, he's a good kid. We don't know what happened. Can we just hold off a bit before tossing around the "thug" comments? Because he's black? Maybe he struggles with depression. Maybe he's bipolar. Maybe he has an illness that has yet to be diagnosed. The name calling is just pissing me off. If this were some white rich kid, I betcha the discourse would be much different. He didn't hurt anyone, just himself.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

My ex may have given me an std.
    I didn't use protection, because I wanted to get pregnant, and he told me he was clean.
    Now, after numerous blood draws, he may have given me syphilis. GREAT!

This guy was my first love and the guy I lost my virginity to. So I was definitely not thinking clearly especially about wanting to get pregnant by him.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    My ex may have given me an std.
    I didn't use protection, because I wanted to get pregnant, and he told me he was clean.
    Now, after numerous blood draws, he may have given me syphilis. GREAT!

This guy was my first love and the guy I lost my virginity to. So I was definitely not thinking clearly especially about wanting to get pregnant by him.

I thought you were married? For the past couple of years, you've been complaining about how much you despise your husband's lowly, white trash family and how superior you are to them, while also talking about how much you miss your ex (the first love). Did you cheat on your husband, or did you get divorced and immediately start humping the ex again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    I thought you were married? For the past couple of years, you've been complaining about how much you despise your husband's lowly, white trash family and how superior you are to them, while also talking about how much you miss your ex (the first love). Did you cheat on your husband, or did you get divorced and immediately start humping the ex again?
    I'm in an open relationship... according to my husband.

Thread Information