Page 115 of 135 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I want to vent about people making repeat usernames and then asking me to ban them. Either come and post normally, or stay away on your own, but don't keep making new usernames.
    I think some people are confused about what this thread is for. You actually have a legit vent.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think some people are confused about what this thread is for. You actually have a legit vent.
    True. We should now vent about some people not understanding the thread topics and always posting off topic. That's totally a legit vent!

I work in trauma services and I'm very tired....Not just from the normal New Year's Eve accidents and drunks but lately it seems like everyone and their fucking mother thinks it would be swell to smoke meth then go for a drive. I most recently watched a young person bleed to death as a result of their poor drug related choices and Im just flabbergasted by these people. You wanna do drugs? Whatever--I know its a disease--But stay off of the fucking roads! I panicked so much that I bought a huge suv for my husband and kids just in case Heaven forbid some tweeker hits them on the way to or from school so they at least stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag42 View Post
    I work in trauma services and I'm very tired....Not just from the normal New Year's Eve accidents and drunks but lately it seems like everyone and their fucking mother thinks it would be swell to smoke meth then go for a drive. I most recently watched a young person bleed to death as a result of their poor drug related choices and Im just flabbergasted by these people. You wanna do drugs? Whatever--I know its a disease--But stay off of the fucking roads! I panicked so much that I bought a huge suv for my husband and kids just in case Heaven forbid some tweeker hits them on the way to or from school so they at least stand a chance.
    I hear you. I did the same thing and made my husband trade in his small car after some tweaker hit us in it from behind once and then I had to drive into someone's front yard to keep from being sandwiched between a vehicle that had stopped and another one that never even slowed down. I can't say the 2nd almost accident was someone high, but the first one most definitely was. Between drugs and people texting all the time I am getting where I don't like to drive. I feel the same way about people that drink and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag42 View Post
    I couldn’t imagine doing your job and seeing that terrible stuff. Thank you for doing what you do

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I think my job is trying to kill me. I work in a battered women's shelter. Since before Thanksgiving I have gotten 1 day off each week working 12 and sometimes 24 hour shifts. I'm 52 years old not 22. My ass is dragging. My sleep is all forked up. I finally got a promotion, but dayum. I'm starting to suspect they wanna kill me before the promotion goes official. I'm on nights tonight. I come here and work 4-12 tomorrow, AND THEN...I gotta haul ass to another shelter to work 12 to 8 there. They are generously granting me 30 minutes for the drive to get to the other shelter.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I think my job is trying to kill me. I work in a battered women's shelter. Since before Thanksgiving I have gotten 1 day off each week working 12 and sometimes 24 hour shifts. I'm 52 years old not 22. My ass is dragging. My sleep is all forked up. I finally got a promotion, but dayum. I'm starting to suspect they wanna kill me before the promotion goes official. I'm on nights tonight. I come here and work 4-12 tomorrow, AND THEN...I gotta haul ass to another shelter to work 12 to 8 there. They are generously granting me 30 minutes for the drive to get to the other shelter.
    24 hr shifts???? Tell them they need to hire some more people. Congrats on your promotion!

Here's a link to how raids work for those that aren't familiar.
    https://pokemongohub.net/gym-raid-update/raids/

I play Pokemon Go occasionally. Today was the introduction of a new tier 5 raid boss.
    I and some friends met up to fight the new boss.
    This was a very last minute raid so we didn't have a whole lot of time to wait on people to join the raid.
    This middle-aged lady told us to wait for her. We told her we couldn't unless she was less than a minute away. She was not less than a minute away.
    We went in with 30 seconds left on the raid clock and we finished the raid right before she pulled up.
    Some of my friends walked over to her car to tell her sorry, but she missed the raid.
    They also told her that we were going to go downtown to try to find more tier 5 raid bosses.
    She was pissed even though it wasn't our fault that she didn't get there in time.
    Who did she blame for her missing the raid?! ME!
    She said that I should've told her how much time she had left when she was leaving Walmart.
    Um... I'm not the only one that was at this raid and it's not my responsibility to make sure you make it on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

My mother in law visited a few weeks ago. The first thing she tried to do when she walked in the door?! Wake up my sleeping son. Seriously.
    She also wanted to kiss him. We told her no.
    I already had a nurse and an aunt kiss my son. I was pissed when they both did it. I've heard babies are susceptible to rsv and I didn't want my son to get sick.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Good. Keep everyone who is not living with you right now the fuck away from your son. RSV is deadly to babies, and the coronavirus is no joke either. Just a normal cold to adults, it is so dangerous because infants are obligatory (total) nose breathers. The only time they will breathe through their mouths is when they are crying. An occluded nasal backage and baby no breathey. Some will compensate if able to do so by finally gasping through their mouths, but that's the exception and not the rule.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    My mother in law visited a few weeks ago. The first thing she tried to do when she walked in the door?! Wake up my sleeping son. Seriously.
    She also wanted to kiss him. We told her no.
    I already had a nurse and an aunt kiss my son. I was pissed when they both did it. I've heard babies are susceptible to rsv and I didn't want my son to get sick.
    My son had RSV and was in th hospital for 3 days. He was a premie though.

The nurse should have known better.

She's a teen and she is in the stage of utmost rebellious attitude. If she doesn't give any positive response to all your hugging, crying, support then maybe she needs someone to talk to, someone she is comfortable with and someone she trusts.

Quote Originally Posted by Headstenab View Post
    She's a teen and she is in the stage of utmost rebellious attitude. If she doesn't give any positive response to all your hugging, crying, support then maybe she needs someone to talk to, someone she is comfortable with and someone she trusts.
    Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

My husband thought it would be a good idea for me to hold my son while he drove. He thought the baby was comfortable in my arms and we're "only going a short distance" (we went on the interstate). My son may be comfortable, but I'm not risking his life. Also, while on the interstate there was this stupid bmw driver that kept hitting his brakes. My husband learned real quick after that to not suggest anything so stupid again.
    He is his mother's son.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    My husband thought it would be a good idea for me to hold my son while he drove. He thought the baby was comfortable in my arms and we're "only going a short distance" (we went on the interstate). My son may be comfortable, but I'm not risking his life. Also, while on the interstate there was this stupid bmw driver that kept hitting his brakes. My husband learned real quick after that to not suggest anything so stupid again.
    He is his mother's son.
    And this is why we stay busy at the hospital. Glad at least one of you has some common goddamn sense. The laws of physics do not play games, and they will crush a baby, child and an adult with equal ferocity and speed in the event of an accident.

You can bet your child's life on that.

Buckle them. Always.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    And this is why we stay busy at the hospital. Glad at least one of you has some common goddamn sense. The laws of physics do not play games, and they will crush a baby, child and an adult with equal ferocity and speed in the event of an accident.

Buckle them. Always.
    I did want to find a video of a baby in a car accident to show him why what he suggested was absolutely stupid, but I do not want to watch something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post

Buckle them. Always.
    Definitely agree. Those things like the seat belts are placed in a car for safety purpose so no matter how careful we are, we need to adhere to this. Safety is damn important.

People are so inconsiderate!
    Today, I was leaving Chick-Fil-A and this stupid woman (in her car) stopped in the parking lot to give her child a lollipop. There was no going around her, because they had cones up. She could've pulled over into a parking space, but no!
    Also, I was trying to get gas and all the pumps had a car next to it. One woman was just sitting in her car. She never got out and eventually drove off.
    People suck!

People are so inconsiderate!
    Today, I was leaving Chick-Fil-A and this stupid woman (in her car) stopped in the parking lot to give her child a lollipop. There was no going around her, because they had cones up. She could've pulled over into a parking space, but no!
    Also, I was trying to get gas and all the pumps had a car next to it. One woman was just sitting in her car. She never got out and eventually drove off.
    People suck!
    People don't think. They are caught up in their own lives and don't notice what is going on around them. As an example, I give you people who stop and look around as soon as they step off an escalator while people are piling up behind them. In London, I saw a serious pileup with injuries as a result of this. These people used to drive me insane. Now when it happens, I make up a legitimate reason for their thoughtlessness. That woman at the gas pump? She had a sugar drop after she pulled up to the pump and needed a minute for her sugar pill to kick in. The asshole who zoomed up the shoulder of the road in a traffic jam? He has IBS and is in desperate need of a bathroom. It sounds silly, but it really works for me. I go from annoyed to empathetic. Someone wiser than I said, "Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change." It's true.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

So my oldest son decided to get married without telling anyone, until after. I am so pissed. I like the girl and all but they are too young, neither have jobs, and they are living with her grandma.

Makes total sense to skip engagement and elope.

Ugh.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So my oldest son decided to get married without telling anyone, until after. I am so pissed. I like the girl and all but they are too young, neither have jobs, and they are living with her grandma.

Ugh.
    I replied in Speak Here

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post

Ugh.
    How do they plan on supporting themselves? Or is her grandma paying for everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    How do they plan on supporting themselves? Or is her grandma paying for everything?
    No idea. But it doesn't seem to worry them.

I play Pokemon Go occasionally.
    i love this game. Maybe we can to play together?

Quote Originally Posted by lolokin View Post
    i love this game. Maybe we can to play together?
    I have no idea what that is, except people were running around playing it and not paying attention and sometimes getting hurt. Or maybe I'm remembering it all wrong.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information