Page 122 of 135 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    They're not usually. :usually: So after I finished filling the hole I found that the bear had actually broken the fence further down where I couldn't see it behind the trees. I am wondering if they are trying to dig out to get to the bear. They haven't tried to dig out before now.
    Bear better watch his arse.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

My neighbor two houses down from me that saw my dogs get out showed me their security camera footage of a bear sitting on their patio table last week. My guess was that it's about 400lbs. I'm pretty sure it's the bear that keeps breaking my fence. It looks like this: (and coincidentally that is kind of what the perimeter of my backyard looks like, but with way more pine trees)
    Aww its small and kind of cute.

Do you report animals when they get too close to houses?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Aww its small and kind of cute.

Do you report animals when they get too close to houses?
    The bears are always up in the neighborhoods during the winter...I've just never had them bother my house. My neighbors have always had issues with them in the past at both places I have lived here.

The bears are protected. I am not sure if they will do anything if you report them. Probably not.

I had a dream that the bear got me when I went out in the backyard. This bear is getting on my nerves!

For comparison I wear a size 9.5 (and the first person that says something about the size of my feet is getting smited! )
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 12-27-2020 at 11:38 AM.

I thought I saw on some Animal Planet show that they tag (to track) the bears that go near people and relocate them somewhere. That was a long time ago though.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I thought I saw on some Animal Planet show that they tag (to track) the bears that go near people and relocate them somewhere. That was a long time ago though.
    I really had no idea, so I googled it and this is what I found:

https://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/w.../living/myths/

Myth #3: Relocating black bears is the best and easiest way to deal with a conflict bear.

FWC has found that relocating bears is not an effective strategy to reduce human-bear conflicts. In a recent study, almost 70% of relocated bears left the area where they were moved. Bears often leave the new areas because most places where bears can be moved already have resident bear populations, which can make it difficult for the relocated bear to remain. In addition, relocated bears often try to return to their original location. Those bears wander through unfamiliar areas and cross busy roads, creating a danger to the bear and to motorists.

Relocating bears also does not always stop their conflict behavior. FWC found that at least 50% of relocated bears exhibit conflict behavior again. In those cases, even if the bear stays where it was moved, all that has been done is a shift of the conflict issue to a new neighborhood. Most locations in Florida that experience bear conflicts are in bear range, and so even if FWC removed a bear that is visiting your neighborhood, the chance of another bear finding that same food source is very high.

Bears and other wildlife that linger in neighborhoods are a symptom of the problem of wildlife having easy access to human-provided foods. If the unsecured food source--garbage, compost piles, livestock, and pet/livestock/bird foods—are eliminated, the problem is eliminated. Bears will move out of the neighborhood to search out another food source.

I really had no idea, so I googled it and this is what I found:

https://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/w.../living/myths/

Myth #3: Relocating black bears is the best and easiest way to deal with a conflict bear.

FWC has found that relocating bears is not an effective strategy to reduce human-bear conflicts. In a recent study, almost 70% of relocated bears left the area where they were moved. Bears often leave the new areas because most places where bears can be moved already have resident bear populations, which can make it difficult for the relocated bear to remain. In addition, relocated bears often try to return to their original location. Those bears wander through unfamiliar areas and cross busy roads, creating a danger to the bear and to motorists.

Relocating bears also does not always stop their conflict behavior. FWC found that at least 50% of relocated bears exhibit conflict behavior again. In those cases, even if the bear stays where it was moved, all that has been done is a shift of the conflict issue to a new neighborhood. Most locations in Florida that experience bear conflicts are in bear range, and so even if FWC removed a bear that is visiting your neighborhood, the chance of another bear finding that same food source is very high.

Bears and other wildlife that linger in neighborhoods are a symptom of the problem of wildlife having easy access to human-provided foods. If the unsecured food source--garbage, compost piles, livestock, and pet/livestock/bird foods—are eliminated, the problem is eliminated. Bears will move out of the neighborhood to search out another food source.
    Interesting...I guess they were doing it wrong

Interesting...I guess they were doing it wrong
    I know they can relocate nuisance gators as long as they are under a certain size. If they're over that size I've heard they will find their way back.

I'm so glad there aren't bears where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I was going to say the same thing, then I remembered that there was a bear in my cousins yard last year. There aren't many in these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I was going to say the same thing, then I remembered that there was a bear in my cousins yard last year. There aren't many in these parts.
    In my little suburb, there aren't. But if you drive 20-30 minutes to say El Dorado county, there are bears there (that area is a lot more woodsy).

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The bears are always up in the neighborhoods during the winter...I've just never had them bother my house. My neighbors have always had issues with them in the past at both places I have lived here.

The bears are protected. I am not sure if they will do anything if you report them. Probably not.

I had a dream that the bear got me when I went out in the backyard. This bear is getting on my nerves!

For comparison I wear a size 9.5 (and the first person that says something about the size of my feet is getting smited! )
    I swear I was just going to comment on your tiny feet because I have clown feet; now I'm going to comment on that big-ass paw print! Betcha that bear is a size 7.5, easy.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I swear I was just going to comment on your tiny feet because I have clown feet; now I'm going to comment on that big-ass paw print! Betcha that bear is a size 7.5, easy.
    I believe you

My ex-wife called herself 'the bear." She'd always say, "Don't poke the bear" when we'd get into arguments. Well, she finally got relocated. Thankfully she hasn't found her way back.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    My ex-wife called herself 'the bear." She'd always say, "Don't poke the bear" when we'd get into arguments. Well, she finally got relocated. Thankfully she hasn't found her way back.

Would you like to come work your magic on my bear now?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    OMG

[QUOTE=raisedbywolves;3806040]

It took me 2 years to "shooo" my bear away.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Maybe he was trying to take a bath in my redneck aboveground pool!

Maybe he was trying to take a bath in my redneck aboveground pool!
    I'm sure that's the case.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

I don't take "jokes" that will hurt my business lightly.
    With that being said, I just had someone in California purchase a digital camera from me on Facebook Marketplace.
    My husband worked for USPS and UPS so he knows how to package stuff.
    He asked me where the camera was going. I told him California.
    He then said, "Let's put a plastic straw in here."
    HUH?!
    "I heard plastic straws were banned in California."
    WTF?! I instantly took offense to that.
    Here I am trying to start reselling stuff to make money for us since I have to stay home and take care of a baby and I'm not good at keeping a job. I'm not sure a remote job would work for me with how needy my baby is and how I'm trying to keep my baby away from screens. My son will literally crawl to wherever I am and watch me. He won't play with toys. No. He'll watch me.
    So I instantly took offense, because I don't want some girl in California to get mad at some random straw in her package.
    Looking back now, I probably shouldn't have started yelling and slamming stuff, because now. I have no cell phone. That's right. My cell phone is smashed to smithereens. I was taking a bath and asshole husband came in, grabbed my phone, and threw it on the ground.
    But back to California, my husband thinks they're a bunch of granola eating pansies that thinks everything is bad for the environment and their bodies. Vegan wack jobs. Sorry Nic B.
    I'm so glad my stupid annoying father-in-law is dead, because he's the one that instilled these values in him and if he was still alive, I'd give that asshole a piece of my mind, cancer or no cancer be damned.
    So yeah. Husband tried to ruin business with a not funny suggestion. I took offense. Phone ruined.
    I hate my fucking life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    With that being said, I just had someone in California purchase a digital camera from me on Facebook Marketplace.
    HUH?!
    Here I am trying to start reselling stuff to make money for us since I have to stay home and take care of a baby and I'm not good at keeping a job. I'm not sure a remote job would work for me with how needy my baby is and how I'm trying to keep my baby away from screens. My son will literally crawl to wherever I am and watch me. He won't play with toys. No. He'll watch me.
    So I instantly took offense, because I don't want some girl in California to get mad at some random straw in her package.
    Looking back now, I probably shouldn't have started yelling and slamming stuff, because now. I have no cell phone. That's right. My cell phone is smashed to smithereens. I was taking a bath and asshole husband came in, grabbed my phone, and threw it on the ground.
    But back to California, my husband thinks they're a bunch of granola eating pansies that thinks everything is bad for the environment and their bodies. Vegan wack jobs. Sorry Nic B.
    I'm so glad my stupid annoying father-in-law is dead, because he's the one that instilled these values in him and if he was still alive, I'd give that asshole a piece of my mind, cancer or no cancer be damned.
    So yeah. Husband tried to ruin business with a not funny suggestion. I took offense. Phone ruined.
    I hate my fucking life!
    I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Not for nothing, but your husband breaking your phone concerns me greatly. It's pretty abusive behavior.

As for CA, he can think whatever he wants. He can come here and find out for himself. I can't guarantee he'll return if he acts like that around the locals.

Please be careful. No offense, but with everything you've mentioned of him, I don't like him. Just being honest. He sounds abusive.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

HUH?!
    I hate my fucking life!
    No offense taken. I am not at all a vegan, or "hippy" btw. I love me some meat.

I don't think plastic straws are "banned" per se. I know a lot of places that have them still....you go to any fast food place and you still get a straw with your drink. It seems like a lot of places try not to encourage it as much. When I go to Starbucks, they have a new lid for the cold drinks, a lot like for the hot ones so it's just a hole for you to drink from. I always ask for a straw and they will give it to me. You have to ask, though. I have this thing where I don't want to put my mouth on the lid where people have touched, yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Not for nothing, but your husband breaking your phone concerns me greatly. It's pretty abusive behavior.

As for CA, he can think whatever he wants. He can come here and find out for himself. I can't guarantee he'll return if he acts like that around the locals.

Please be careful. No offense, but with everything you've mentioned of him, I don't like him. Just being honest. He sounds abusive.
    Ditto. Someone with that kind behavior raises all sorts of red flags.

No offense taken. I am not at all a vegan, or "hippy" btw. I love me some meat.

I don't think plastic straws are "banned" per se. I know a lot of places that have them still....you go to any fast food place and you still get a straw with your drink. It seems like a lot of places try not to encourage it as much. When I go to Starbucks, they have a new lid for the cold drinks, a lot like for the hot ones so it's just a hole for you to drink from. I always ask for a straw and they will give it to me. You have to ask, though. I have this thing where I don't want to put my mouth on the lid where people have touched, yuck.
    Heck. Even here in South Dakota there are places that side eye you if you ask for a straw. My friend gave me some reusable straws for Christmas... so it's not just a CA thing.

Ugh I had a day....

I volunteer at a sanctuary. Someone brought in 4 kittens she said she "bonded to". Nope. These kittens were feral as hell. I got scratched, bitten and one kept on escaping. They were also screaming their heads off. One hid in the clinic and it took me forever to find it. These kittens were older, and if this lady had no intention of even interacting with them, she should have brought them in sooner. Their chances of being adopted are low.

Next a couple brought in some sickly skinny ferrets. He said "oh yeah they are neglected bc my son didn't take care of them". Um couldn't the parents not step up and at least feed these poor things? Kids don't understand if you don't feed a pet it will die. They attacked the food when I put it in their cage.

Other weird shit happened but I just ignored it.

As I was leaving, I walked to the front/side of the building and there was a crate I thought was empty, until I heard a crying sound. Someone shoved 2 cats into a little carrier and left them there. It's currently snowing and miserable outside. What if noone saw them? 2 people walked by them and didn't notice. If they wouldn't have cried I wouldn't have noticed them bc there are crates outside. I brought them inside and they were freezing,but very sweet.

So tl;dr fuck people. the end.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Ugh I had a day....

I volunteer at a sanctuary. Someone brought in 4 kittens she said she "bonded to". Nope. These kittens were feral as hell. I got scratched, bitten and one kept on escaping. They were also screaming their heads off. One hid in the clinic and it took me forever to find it. These kittens were older, and if this lady had no intention of even interacting with them, she should have brought them in sooner. Their chances of being adopted are low.

Next a couple brought in some sickly skinny ferrets. He said "oh yeah they are neglected bc my son didn't take care of them". Um couldn't the parents not step up and at least feed these poor things? Kids don't understand if you don't feed a pet it will die. They attacked the food when I put it in their cage.

Other weird shit happened but I just ignored it.

As I was leaving, I walked to the front/side of the building and there was a crate I thought was empty, until I heard a crying sound. Someone shoved 2 cats into a little carrier and left them there. It's currently snowing and miserable outside. What if noone saw them? 2 people walked by them and didn't notice. If they wouldn't have cried I wouldn't have noticed them bc there are crates outside. I brought them inside and they were freezing,but very sweet.

So tl;dr fuck people. the end.
    What? Man's inhumanity to other creatures is the same as it is to humans? Of course it is!

I'm sorry that happened to you, and to those poor animals.

Pets trust us to do the right thing, and they love us unconditionally for it. I have a bearded dragon and she is greatness. We've had her for 3 years now, since my dumbass older child chose not to take care of her properly. We just swooped in and told him that he wasn't mature enough to have her and now she's ours. Dumbass kids.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information