Page 124 of 135 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

Maybe I am just old, but why does no one want to do their job anymore??? My property manager is acting like I am asking too much to ask for basic communication about repairs. I only recently got a property manager (so that we could travel...and then COVID came), so I am used to handling everything myself and know exactly how much work is and isn't involved. I don't think it's asking too much for them to shoot me an email when something goes wrong, but apparently I am being an ass for asking for that or expecting to be told when my manager is being changed. /rant

...and the bear came back and broke my fence again last night. Luckily it wasn't in the part of the yard where the dogs go. It looks like he was in my front yard (short fence but enclosed) and then went out the side of the fence by knocking part of it down. Ugh. I like bears, but I'm getting tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    ...and the bear came back and broke my fence again last night. Luckily it wasn't in the part of the yard where the dogs go. It looks like he was in my front yard (short fence but enclosed) and then went out the side of the fence by knocking part of it down. Ugh. I like bears, but I'm getting tired of it.
    Does your insurance cover bear fence repairs? I wonder why they like your property so much.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Does your insurance cover bear fence repairs? I wonder why they like your property so much.
    We put the fence back together. It's white vinyl that is put together picket by picket, and then the top is screwed on to keep it in place (obviously not very well). If I had know how easy it was for the bear to damage it I would have gone with the old style vinyl fence that comes in pre-assembled panel sections. Our old fence has been up almost 15 years and has no issues, but it's the old style.

We were discussing that too. We don't know why the bears like our property so much. We live across from woods with no houses, and the lot next to us is 1/2 acre wooded lot and no one lives there. All the other lots have houses on them. I am wondering if he is using the empty lot to pass through to the neighborhood behind us and messes with our house on the way. Last night (when he damaged it) was trash night, but we now keep our trash put up in the garage until early Tuesday, so there's nothing to attract him. We have nothing out that would entice them-no bbq grill, no trash, no fruit trees, no pet food outside. I guess they just think we're hospitable folks.

Bear fence repairs

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Bear fence repairs
    You know what I meant!

So my husband works from home and he works really hard, 5-730 some days. I just overheard my husband on the phone with his boss. His boss said he was all over the place, terrible at customer service, and was just ragging on him. I feel so bad. I would have cried if it were me. He was holding his own and defending himself very well.

I gave him a big hug, I don't know what else to do. Advice?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

You know what I meant!

So my husband works from home and he works really hard, 5-730 some days. I just overheard my husband on the phone with his boss. His boss said he was all over the place, terrible at customer service, and was just ragging on him. I feel so bad. I would have cried if it were me. He was holding his own and defending himself very well.

I gave him a big hug, I don't know what else to do. Advice?
    Did the boss give specifics or just generalizations? If he didn't give specifics, I would ask for some.

I think you being supportive and just listening to your husband if he needs to vent is the best thing you can do. It sucks when your spouses boss/work is stressing them out.

Did the boss give specifics or just generalizations? If he didn't give specifics, I would ask for some.

I think you being supportive and just listening to your husband if he needs to vent is the best thing you can do. It sucks when your spouses boss/work is stressing them out.
    He gave specifics but it was for petty shit. I will just be a shoulder to lean on. It was hard for me not to say something to his boss. What a prick.

He gave specifics but it was for petty shit. I will just be a shoulder to lean on. It was hard for me not to say something to his boss. What a prick.
    That would be hard for me too. I want to get mouthy when someone screws my husband over at work, but I've realized over time that just makes it worse. Is it a situation where his job is in danger, or just making things hard for him?

That would be hard for me too. I want to get mouthy when someone screws my husband over at work, but I've realized over time that just makes it worse. Is it a situation where his job is in danger, or just making things hard for him?
    I don't believe his job is in danger. Just makes things very hard on top of all the work he's doing. There is no damn way I could work those hours.

He's not sleeping. I told him to call his doctor.

I don't believe his job is in danger. Just makes things very hard on top of all the work he's doing. There is no damn way I could work those hours.

He's not sleeping. I told him to call his doctor.
    I hate asshole bosses that do this shit, especially now with all the extra stress from COVID. Ugh.

Ive spent 5 hours on the phone with my mobile carrier, and two days now refreshing the vaccine appointment site.

I've come close to getting an appointment several times, but they always slip away at the last minute, and my phone still isn't working right, in fact it's not working at all right now.. I'm tired. I wonder if I could survive in the world without a phone of any kind at this point? I've pretty much given up on the vaccine.

Ive spent 5 hours on the phone with my mobile carrier, and two days now refreshing the vaccine appointment site.

I've come close to getting an appointment several times, but they always slip away at the last minute, and my phone still isn't working right, in fact it's not working at all right now.. I'm tired. I wonder if I could survive in the world without a phone of any kind at this point? I've pretty much given up on the vaccine.
    I hate that your state is making it so hard! This is one thing that is working well here. Get on the waiting list, when your number comes up you get a call or text with an invitation to schedule. You make your appointment, show up, and bang. Done.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Wow you have way more patience than me. Did you come close to figuring out what is wrong with your phone?

I'm sorry about the vaccine thing.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I hate that your state is making it so hard! This is one thing that is working well here. Get on the waiting list, when your number comes up you get a call or text with an invitation to schedule. You make your appointment, show up, and bang. Done.
    Wow you have way more patience than me. Did you come close to figuring out what is wrong with your phone?

I'm sorry about the vaccine thing.
    Because this is literally the only site in Florida offering it to the 40-49 year old crowd it is crazy. I'm really surprised I got my husband the appt. I guess people are canceling appointments here and there and they are popping back into the database from time to time. Also, they have said they plan on adding more appointments but they won't say when...so I just keep hitting refresh.

I am caught up in the Sprint/Tmobile merger and they moved us from Sprint to Tmobile and suddenly I have no service. I have been a customer for 16 years. My husband's job depends on him being able to get calls from scheduling, he can lose it if he doesn't answer a call. They haven't even offered me so much as a real apology or a credit...just kept me on hold for hours while they try to figure out what to do. I am actually trying to cancel and they keep giving me the runaround on that too, and refusing to do it. "Lets try something else first" is what they keep saying. I have been patient, I have been a jerk...it doesn't seem to matter. They have switched me back to the Sprint network for now, so my phone is actually getting service for the first time in hours, but it doesn't solve the issue for long. They will migrate me soon, and I will be back in the same boat. Sprint phones though aren't moveable to other (non Tmobile) networks, so I am going to have to figure out what I need to do and just bite the bullet and do it.

Because this is literally the only site in Florida offering it to the 40-49 year old crowd it is crazy. I'm really surprised I got my husband the appt. I guess people are canceling appointments here and there and they are popping back into the database from time to time. Also, they have said they plan on adding more appointments but they won't say when...so I just keep hitting refresh.

I am caught up in the Sprint/Tmobile merger and they moved us from Sprint to Tmobile and suddenly I have no service. I have been a customer for 16 years. My husband's job depends on him being able to get calls from scheduling, he can lose it if he doesn't answer a call. They haven't even offered me so much as a real apology or a credit...just kept me on hold for hours while they try to figure out what to do. I am actually trying to cancel and they keep giving me the runaround on that too, and refusing to do it. "Lets try something else first" is what they keep saying. I have been patient, I have been a jerk...it doesn't seem to matter. They have switched me back to the Sprint network for now, so my phone is actually getting service for the first time in hours, but it doesn't solve the issue for long. They will migrate me soon, and I will be back in the same boat. Sprint phones though aren't moveable to other (non Tmobile) networks, so I am going to have to figure out what I need to do and just bite the bullet and do it.
    I was going to ask if you could switch carriers but you answered my question.

I was going to ask if you could switch carriers but you answered my question.
    Yeah, I'm just going to have to do it. I am shopping other networks right now.

The appt thing is driving me crazy. I know part of it is me, I'm getting obsessive about getting it. The appointments keep popping up here and there and when I try to get them they are always gone. I have literally sat here for hours and hit refresh. The system sucks, but it's the only way to get it...or I give up, which I am thinking about doing.

My husband told me to stop worrying about the vaccine because I probably already have immunity to every disease known to man because I kiss on my Chows.

My husband told me to stop worrying about the vaccine because I probably already have immunity to every disease known to man because I kiss on my Chows.
    LOL. Maybe you better just take his appointment.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

OMG what a day. And it's not done yet. My 2nd Pfizer shot was scheduled for 11. Roomie hasn't been at all well and her doctor made he an appointment for 11 about 15 minutes away from the vax center. She's not feeling up to driving so... OK I'll drop you at you appt, a little early, I'll go to the vax center and by the time I'm done and wait the 15 minutes I can come pick you up... Fine so far so good. I get back to pick Roomie and I wait and wait. Then I get a call from Mom's caregiver. She's ill, her wife is coming to take her to the ER. They'll just take mom with them... No no need for that. We'll be done rsn. Put mom to bed and go. So they did. And on and on finally 3 hours after the appt. We're home. Gah...

OMG what a day. And it's not done yet. My 2nd Pfizer shot was scheduled for 11. Roomie hasn't been at all well and her doctor made he an appointment for 11 about 15 minutes away from the vax center. She's not feeling up to driving so... OK I'll drop you at you appt, a little early, I'll go to the vax center and by the time I'm done and wait the 15 minutes I can come pick you up... Fine so far so good. I get back to pick Roomie and I wait and wait. Then I get a call from Mom's caregiver. She's ill, her wife is coming to take her to the ER. They'll just take mom with them... No no need for that. We'll be done rsn. Put mom to bed and go. So they did. And on and on finally 3 hours after the appt. We're home. Gah...

When it rains it pours. Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon...and hope you don't feel crappy after the 2nd shot!

When it rains it pours. Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon...and hope you don't feel crappy after the 2nd shot!
    Thanks. Ceci apparently has had a stroke. Most upsetting for her and everyone else.

re the feeling crappy thing. I actually had a plan. Put my feet up and nap, but that's not going to be possible apparently. sigh.

Thanks. Ceci apparently has had a stroke. Most upsetting for her and everyone else.

re the feeling crappy thing. I actually had a plan. Put my feet up and nap, but that's not going to be possible apparently. sigh.
    Oh no. Is that the roomie or the caretaker? Strokes scare me.

Oh no. Is that the roomie or the caretaker? Strokes scare me.
    Caretaker. Roomie? We don't know what's going on with her yet.

Yes. Strokes are one of those horror stories.

Caretaker. Roomie? We don't know what's going on with her yet.

Yes. Strokes are one of those horror stories.
    Oh boy...that's a double whammy. Not only do you worry about her, but now what happens with your Mom needing assistance? That's a doubly bad situation. I hope the stroke is mild and she got help quickly.

Thread Information