Page 120 of 135 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I second RBW on this. You're smart to avoid these people that aren't taking it seriously. Covid is spiking again and it's exactly because of idiots like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I assume this is tied to the hospital? Whatever medical facility it's tied to, I would make a formal complaint. Sorry, not sorry. These people know better, and they should be setting an example.
    I'm not sure how to describe this place, but it's not tied to the hospital.
    I guess they're a Christian based non-profit health clinic where you can get a pregnancy test, std test, e.t.c. I only found out about them, because I used to be in a young women's club that met every month and we'd have different charities speak to our organization during the meeting. The representative spoke about needing donations for this clinic (if I remember correctly).
    They're allowed to be called a medical facility, because they employee a nurse or two to give the tests. But mostly everyone is a volunteer. I definitely know I'm not taking my son with me again since 1. they discourage it and 2. I don't want him catching anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm not sure how to describe this place, but it's not tied to the hospital.
    I guess they're a Christian based non-profit health clinic where you can get a pregnancy test, std test, e.t.c. I only found out about them, because I used to be in a young women's club that met every month and we'd have different charities speak to our organization during the meeting. The representative spoke about needing donations for this clinic (if I remember correctly).
    They're allowed to be called a medical facility, because they employee a nurse or two to give the tests. But mostly everyone is a volunteer. I definitely know I'm not taking my son with me again since 1. they discourage it and 2. I don't want him catching anything.
    Ah, I know what it is now and why they're not wearing a mask.

Their primary objective is to stop people from having abortions. They probably offer free pregnancy tests and then they do everything they can to keep women from having an abortion once they find out they are pregnant. They often advertise themselves under the abortion headline (back in the old yellow pages days, and probably now on the internet) in ads, but they exist just to keep you from having an abortion. They offer parenting classes and some pre-birth classes in an effort to get women to keep their babies. They are tax funded thanks to the RWNJ's, even though for a long time they were in trouble for advertising themselves as true medical and abortion providers even though they were able to provide medical care and were faith based, but in the last few years the GOP has gotten rid of any restrictions on them.

They're not wearing masks because they are RWNJ's and super pro Trump.

I'm not saying they don't offer some good services, but they need to be up front about it and not try to con people who want an abortion.

Ah, I know what it is now and why they're not wearing a mask.

Their primary objective is to stop people from having abortions. They probably offer free pregnancy tests and then they do everything they can to keep women from having an abortion once they find out they are pregnant. They often advertise themselves under the abortion headline (back in the old yellow pages days, and probably now on the internet) in ads, but they exist just to keep you from having an abortion. They offer parenting classes and some pre-birth classes in an effort to get women to keep their babies. They are tax funded thanks to the RWNJ's, even though for a long time they were in trouble for advertising themselves as true medical and abortion providers even though they were able to provide medical care and were faith based, but in the last few years the GOP has gotten rid of any restrictions on them.

They're not wearing masks because they are RWNJ's and super pro Trump.

I'm not saying they don't offer some good services, but they need to be up front about it and not try to con people who want an abortion.
    Oh yeah def agree with you. Here they are called "pregnancy centers".

They exist just to stop people from getting an abortion. They are Catholic run.

Sorry but I find them disgusting.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Oh yeah def agree with you. Here they are called "pregnancy centers".

They exist just to stop people from getting an abortion. They are Catholic run.

Sorry but I find them disgusting.
    They are disgusting, but it's even more disgusting that they are now tax dollar funded since they are a religious pseudo-healthcare sham.

I am ok with them offering parenting classes, but they shouldn't try to sway anyone in their decision. Help people learn to take care of their babies, but stay the fuck out of their decisions!

I assume this is tied to the hospital? Whatever medical facility it's tied to, I would make a formal complaint. Sorry, not sorry. These people know better, and they should be setting an example.
    I got the impression it was affiliated with a church? I'd still complain.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I got the impression it was affiliated with a church? I'd still complain.
    No. I found this on their site.

We are supported by individuals, churches, and the local community, so we are able to provide our services free of charge. Your future is important to us, and we consider it an honor and privilege to be a part of your life, assisting you during such a crucial time. As such, we make the following promise to every person who talks with us:

1. We are dedicated to providing a warm and safe environment to everyone, regardless of your age, race, sexual orientation, disability, income, nationality, religious affiliation, or circumstances.

2. You will receive all of our services free of charge.

3. You will be treated with kindness and compassion, and you may leave the center whenever you wish.

4. Your story will be listened to with respect and courtesy, and without judgment, ridicule, or rejection.

5. You have the right to withhold any information you do not want to share with a volunteer. All information shared will be held in strict and absolute confidence, except in rare circumstances when prohibited by law.

6. You will receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, life-style issues, and related concerns. The pregnancy center does not provide abortion or referrals for abortion, but we are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.

7. You may refuse any information you do not wish to receive.

8. You will receive honest and open answers.

9. You will be directed to other appropriate resources that could support you in your time of crisis and supply you with additional help and information.

10. You will be given ongoing support, in accordance with your needs.

We are honored that you have allowed us to share in this important decision-making process with you. If you ever feel that we have fallen short of these promises, we urge you to contact our director or board as soon as possible, so that we can continue to uphold the integrity and dignity of every person who seeks and receives our services.

I feel so bad for my nephew with his trailer trash parents.
    His parents broke up again.
    His dad recently came fully back into his life and now he's gone again.
    I really hope someone gets my nephew therapy, because his parents are fucking up his life.
    This is like a bad train wreck and my husband's stupid sister will never learn her lesson.

No. I found this on their site.
    I googled and found their website. They're totally what I thought they were. They may not be affiliated with a church per se, but they are a Christian based anti-abortion facility.

One of the Mommy/Daddy Earn While You Learn modules is this:

Bible Study Pack
    The Bible study pack contains three modules to start a foundation in Christ. This pack starts with the basics and builds. If you do not know much about Christianity, this study will help you understand more about the Bible and God’s plan for your life.

I googled and found their website. They're totally what I thought they were. They may not be affiliated with a church per se, but they are a Christian based anti-abortion facility.

One of the Mommy/Daddy Earn While You Learn modules is this:
    I'm just going to learn to deal with the business, because they have a really good kids' store.

I'm just going to learn to deal with the business, because they have a really good kids' store.
    I would totally take what you can get out of them at this point, but keep in mind what they are when they start their preaching.

I would totally take what you can get out of them at this point, but keep in mind what they are when they start their preaching.
    I'm not planning on going to a class for a while until I need more mommy dollars. Right now, I have like $50 mommy dollars and it should last me for a while. Their kids' clothes are really cheap. 3 onesies for $1 mommy dollar.

I'm not planning on going to a class for a while until I need more mommy dollars. Right now, I have like $50 mommy dollars and it should last me for a while. Their kids' clothes are really cheap. 3 onesies for $1 mommy dollar.
    All you guys with kids here on MDS should get together and sell/trade. They used to do that back in the day all the time.

I feel so bad for my nephew with his trailer trash parents.
    His parents broke up again.
    His dad recently came fully back into his life and now he's gone again.
    I really hope someone gets my nephew therapy, because his parents are fucking up his life.
    This is like a bad train wreck and my husband's stupid sister will never learn her lesson.
    I likely don't know you or them, but reading this just hit me hard. Your poor nephew.

What happened to shingles being a stereotypical old person's virus?!
    I'm pretty sure I have it for the third time since I turned 32, a few years ago. Second time this year. First time being right after giving birth.
    Mine isn't a band around my torso. It's usually a strip the size of a small bandaid.
    I'm so over having to put a bandaid over it so my son won't potentially touch it and get chicken pox.

What happened to shingles being a stereotypical old person's virus?!
    I'm pretty sure I have it for the third time since I turned 32, a few years ago. Second time this year. First time being right after giving birth.
    Mine isn't a band around my torso. It's usually a strip the size of a small bandaid.
    I'm so over having to put a bandaid over it so my son won't potentially touch it and get chicken pox.
    About 10 years ago my business partner got it, and he was also 32. I don't know why they make you wait until you're 50 to get the vaccine. I think you can go to the doctor to get something to shorten the duration (and maybe keep it from coming right back).

About 10 years ago my business partner got it, and he was also 32. I don't know why they make you wait until you're 50 to get the vaccine. I think you can go to the doctor to get something to shorten the duration (and maybe keep it from coming right back).
    I'm going to the dermatologist asap to make sure it's what I think it is. Meanwhile, I'm taking my old shingles medication and rubbing an antibiotic cream on it.
    I wanted to see about getting the shot, but apparently, it's not effective for younger people and won't stop the virus from coming back.

I'm going to the dermatologist asap to make sure it's what I think it is. Meanwhile, I'm taking my old shingles medication and rubbing an antibiotic cream on it.
    I wanted to see about getting the shot, but apparently, it's not effective for younger people and won't stop the virus from coming back.
    I want to know why. This doesn't make any sense to me. My grandmother repeatedly got it in her eye, so I want to avoid that if I can. I am a few years shy of 50, but I would like to take it asap.

Sorry you're having to deal with this. Hopefully they can give you something to stop it from coming back.

I want to know why. This doesn't make any sense to me. My grandmother repeatedly got it in her eye, so I want to avoid that if I can. I am a few years shy of 50, but I would like to take it asap.

Sorry you're having to deal with this. Hopefully they can give you something to stop it from coming back.
    I looked up why younger people can't get the shot, but I've only found that younger people haven't been tested. I'm going to ask the dermatologist what they think.
    I think I keep getting it, because I'm stressed from being a new mom.

I looked up why younger people can't get the shot, but I've only found that younger people haven't been tested. I'm going to ask the dermatologist what they think.
    I think I keep getting it, because I'm stressed from being a new mom.
    That makes sense, because stress can definitely bring it on.

The only thing I found is that there is a shortage of the vaccine since it came out, so I think they are reserving it for the over 50 crowd since they are the ones who are normally at risk. I read that you can ask your dermatologist about getting the vaccine, but if you are under 50 your insurance won't cover it, and it's like $400 a shot. I also read that 1 in 5 people who get shingles will get it a second time.

The only thing I found is that there is a shortage of the vaccine since it came out, so I think they are reserving it for the over 50 crowd since they are the ones who are normally at risk. I read that you can ask your dermatologist about getting the vaccine, but if you are under 50 your insurance won't cover it, and it's like $400 a shot. I also read that 1 in 5 people who get shingles will get it a second time.
    Welp! I guess I need to go on a long yoga retreat. Lol!

Yes. If you're willing to pay for the shot they'll give it to you. Roomie got it at 48 and bit the bullet and paid out of pocket. The insurance later applied her payment to her annual deductible when she was diagnosed with an immune system disorder that made her more susceptible to shingles.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I got shingles in my ear canal in my early 20's. I was never offered a shot?

I still get residual pain from time to time.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I got shingles in my ear canal in my early 20's. I was never offered a shot?

I still get residual pain from time to time.
    The first shot come out in 2006.

I read that it shingles can cause on-going nerve pain.

So our neighbor's across the street (trump flag house) backed into our mailbox and fucked it up. Someone from the cul de sac was sitting in her car and saw them do it and told us. My husband went over to their house but they pretended not to be home.

What should we do? We just replaced the mailbox when it got completely knocked over.

Also back story time: A couple months ago my son was going to run into the street so I screamed at him and he threw himself on the ground and started crying. One of the trump flag neighbor's yelled at me and told me to take it easy on my kid. I barely ever yell at my kid (hence him reacting the way he did-he hates getting yelled at-but I didn't touch him) there was a damn car coming and he could have gotten hit, so yeah I'm going to yell. She made me feel like a terrible parent.

Thread Information