Page 119 of 135 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I finished my MBA 8 years ago, so I am fairly up on the price of college (of course I didn't live in the dorm, but that's another thing I think people need to think twice about). I tell people that if I can do it, anyone can do it. I had zero help from family, and because I was married without kids they said the minimum wage we made at our jobs made us ineligible for a grant back in the early years when we really didn't have a pot to piss in. I did an AA in Criminal Justice, an AA in Bus. Admin, a BS in Accounting and an MBA with only one student loan, and that was because my dog got cancer and I used the money I had saved up for tuition to pay for her chemo. My husband also went to college during this time, and he ended up with no student loans.

I worked the entire time I went to college, applied for scholarships, sought out programs that gave reduced tuition for night classes and things such as that (I never knew about this until someone told me, but believe me, they are out there. This is how I was able to ditch the state university for a more prestigious private university that was normally about 4 times as much as the state university). In the jobs I worked I looked for one that would help with tuition (even McD's does this now). Yes, it took me a little longer than the average student to finish my degrees, but not much longer and the payoff was not having a boat load of debt. It requires work, but there are a lot of ways to get around taking huge loans every semester.

I realize student loans and the price of college is an issue, but I would also argue that people just blindly follow the path without even looking at other options. Not everyone needs to go to college, not everyone should go to Harvard, not everyone needs an PhD, people can work while going to college, there are definitely scholarships and programs out there to help. Another thing I would recommend is working for a year or two to figure out who you are and what you want to do with your life. How many students spend time and money doing one degree only to get halfway through and realizing that they want to switch majors?

Anyway, just my .02 from someone who's been there, done that. I don't want to see anyone saddled with student loan debt.
    QFT

I've worked my whole life in higher ed. Our school is a great choice for someone who wants to be an engineer. Inexpensive for schools of it's kind. A good education. But. We get so many students who will no succeed here. They simply don't have the math, maybe Dad wants them to be an engineer or Mom wants them to go on to med school and they are just wasting their time and money. Figure out what you want to do, and are capable of doing before you put yourself in hock. Take the workstudy rather than the loan. Don't borrow as much as they'll give you. Take the bare minimum you need. Don't go for that PhD in a discipline that's not hiring (hello history and english) no matter how much you love the field. If you must do grad school, find the program that will subsidize you. I got my MLIS but the only thing it cost me was time and transportation to LSU. The assistanceship covered my tuition and living expenses (we didn't live lavishly, but we didn't go hungry)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

How's the marriage going?

No way would my imaginary kids be living with me past about 20. I moved out on my own at 16. While I agree that was a bit young, I get so frustrated when I talk to my friends with 18-young 20's age kids and their kids are doing nothing, but still living at home. I also think that all kids going to college should start at a Jr. College, and we wouldn't have this student loan drama that we currently have. You can do the 1st two years at a reasonable rate, then transfer to the college of your dreams.

Now get off my lawn you whippersnappers!
    Meh, who knows what's really going on with them? I haven't heard anything crazy, yet.

I can see why parents have a hard time kicking out their kids. I have that soft spot in my heart where I want our house to always be their home, and them be welcome. BUT, if you're already graduated high school and still living at home, you either need to be 1. in college or 2. working full time. I don't want my kids sitting around playing video games all day in my house, doing nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    QFT

I've worked my whole life in higher ed. Our school is a great choice for someone who wants to be an engineer. Inexpensive for schools of it's kind. A good education. But. We get so many students who will no succeed here. They simply don't have the math, maybe Dad wants them to be an engineer or Mom wants them to go on to med school and they are just wasting their time and money. Figure out what you want to do, and are capable of doing before you put yourself in hock. Take the workstudy rather than the loan. Don't borrow as much as they'll give you. Take the bare minimum you need. Don't go for that PhD in a discipline that's not hiring (hello history and english) no matter how much you love the field. If you must do grad school, find the program that will subsidize you. I got my MLIS but the only thing it cost me was time and transportation to LSU. The assistanceship covered my tuition and living expenses (we didn't live lavishly, but we didn't go hungry)
    All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    BUT, if you're already graduated high school and still living at home, you either need to be 1. in college or 2. working full time. I don't want my kids sitting around playing video games all day in my house, doing nothing!
    This is exactly what is going on with all of my acquaintances that have children under 25. Some of them even have multiple kids just sitting around doing nothing. Nope, nope, nope.

The really funny thing is that some of them will dog on the other people we both know...for doing exactly what they are doing with their own kids.

This is exactly what is going on with all of my acquaintances that have children under 25. Some of them even have multiple kids just sitting around doing nothing. Nope, nope, nope.

The really funny thing is that some of them will dog on the other people we both know...for doing exactly what they are doing with their own kids.
    I would never be like, "you're 18, an adult, so get out" and I also believe 18 is too young to have everything figured out, but you can still work a job while figuring things out. No excuse to be jobless, not in school, and sleeping in all day. That was called summer school when you were in school. Hope you enjoyed it cuz that's never happening again!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Its good to see some of you guys moved out young, me too, I was 18 I packed my shit and never went back. Some of my friends still have their 30 yr olds living at home. Fuck that shit, get out!!!! Move muthafucka, move!

My daughter dreamed of college since she was in 4th grade. Her mother wanted her to do the jr college thing but I said no way she'll go to a university and experience the dorm college life.
    I just talked to her a few minutes ago, she's enjoying her college life.

My husband and his hoarding tendencies are driving me nuts!
    I bought colorful paper string light lanterns, five years ago, and they've been sitting in the closet unused. I decided to try to sell them, because we have overdue bills.
    My husband tells me I can't sell them, because he wants to use them one day.
    I tell him to not be like his (dead) dad (his dad had a warehouse full of junk) and hoard stuff to use one day, because you'll be dead, and one day will never come.
    I know, harsh, but his dad was a bigot and my husband is driving me nuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I bought colorful paper string light lanterns, five years ago, and they've been sitting in the closet unused. I decided to try to sell them, because we have overdue bills.
    I tell him to not be like his (dead) dad (his dad had a warehouse full of junk) and hoard stuff to use one day, because you'll be dead, and one day will never come.
    Would he go to counseling?

You bought them so you can sell them. You dont need permission to sell something you paid for yourself, do you?

My husband would say he's too busy for counseling. He really does need anger management.
    When I said that bit about his dead father, he hit the fridge (which was next to him when I said it).

Also, it's on Facebook Marketplace as we speak.

Ever since I moved into the house we're in now, I decided not to just unpack everything and just do it as needed. As a result, my house is SO clutter-free and I love it! No knick-knacks mean less crap to dust.

I still have things packed in boxes in the garage that I never unpacked - and we moved in almost 4 years ago

I also decided when I get things, like gifts, that I know I won't use, I try to give it away and if I can't, I will chuck it. No point in holding onto things. It did bite me in the ass once.....my mom bought me some cute bling stuff for my car which I loved - except the steering wheel cover which was covered in bling. it was a bit excessive and I knew I wouldn't use it so I threw it away. My mom later noticed I wasn't using it and said if I didn't want it she would take it - I have been dodging it since lol.

My husband would say he's too busy for counseling. He really does need anger management.
    When I said that bit about his dead father, he hit the fridge (which was next to him when I said it).

Also, it's on Facebook Marketplace as we speak.
    Right now, especially with COVID, you can do counseling online, so it wouldn't take too long and would be convenient.

Ever since I moved into the house we're in now, I decided not to just unpack everything and just do it as needed. As a result, my house is SO clutter-free and I love it! No knick-knacks mean less crap to dust.

I still have things packed in boxes in the garage that I never unpacked - and we moved in almost 4 years ago

I also decided when I get things, like gifts, that I know I won't use, I try to give it away and if I can't, I will chuck it. No point in holding onto things. It did bite me in the ass once.....my mom bought me some cute bling stuff for my car which I loved - except the steering wheel cover which was covered in bling. it was a bit excessive and I knew I wouldn't use it so I threw it away. My mom later noticed I wasn't using it and said if I didn't want it she would take it - I have been dodging it since lol.
    Tell her it broke and you threw it away after it broke.

I grew up in the house of knicknacks and clutter, so I am totally opposite. I don't have much of anything on my walls and I don't do knicknacks at all.

Tell her it broke and you threw it away after it broke.

I grew up in the house of knicknacks and clutter, so I am totally opposite. I don't have much of anything on my walls and I don't do knicknacks at all.
    OMG, that's the first thing I thought when I read NicB's post. Great minds with a single thought.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    We're in the middle of decluttering our house little by little. Lots of stuff being donated or thrown out. It feels very liberating.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

We're in the middle of decluttering our house little by little. Lots of stuff being donated or thrown out. It feels very liberating.
    We did that in 2013 when we moved from a 4,200sf house to a 1,198sf apartment in preparation for retirement. It was the hardest thing I ever did, and the BEST thing I ever did. All of that schtuff controls your life and your time in ways you don't realize until you're finally free from it. All of that junk - think of the time you spend dusting it, organizing it, moving it, filing it, storing it, looking for it, rearranging it.... it's endless.

Best book ever! It inspired me and kept me focused, full of great tips.

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I don't trust people anymore. My bff and I no longer speak over an argument we had last year. I'm angry at her for turning her back on our almost 25 year friendship. I also lost my job last year where I was close with my two bosses. They were like family, almost, but they turned their back to protect their jobs and I paid for it, which I don't know if I'll fight them over it anymore (I can appeal unemployment) but I don't want to put myself through their lies and lack of accountability again. It's taken me a bit to be almost friendly with my new coworkers because I feel like everyone, EVERYONE, family friends, coworkers, will fail me or turn their back on me one way or another. I'm venting here because I don't feel like talking about all this to anyone else.

I'm still hurt over the shit that happened last year and I just want to move past it, but I know it's going to take some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I don't trust people anymore. My bff and I no longer speak over an argument we had last year. I'm angry at her for turning her back on our almost 25 year friendship. I also lost my job last year where I was close with my two bosses. They were like family, almost, but they turned their back to protect their jobs and I paid for it, which I don't know if I'll fight them over it anymore (I can appeal unemployment) but I don't want to put myself through their lies and lack of accountability again. It's taken me a bit to be almost friendly with my new coworkers because I feel like everyone, EVERYONE, family friends, coworkers, will fail me or turn their back on me one way or another. I'm venting here because I don't feel like talking about all this to anyone else.

I'm still hurt over the shit that happened last year and I just want to move past it, but I know it's going to take some time.
    Think about you and whats best for you. Sometimes its ok to be selfish! You do you fuck everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Think about you and whats best for you. Sometimes its ok to be selfish! You do you fuck everyone else.
    I feel like that too, like my mentality changed. I just don't want to be jaded.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Understood. Never be afraid to put yourself first.

I am sorry all of that happened.

It's hard not to be jaded. 10 years ago I had spent the last year doing 3 people's jobs and being promised a promotion that I was already doing the work for. All of a sudden they brought in a guy that had waaaaaay less qualifications that me, and told me he was going to be my boss (in the promotion position) and that I had to train him, and that I wasn't qualified for the position (I had already been doing it and covering for a woman who went part time after having a kid and another woman who left that they didn't replace, so how likely is that?!) I really liked my job, so it was not easy for me to leave. I really liked my boss who fucked me over, so it was a double stab in the back. I thought we were friends.

Anyway, my husband convinced me to quit and just finish my MBA. I only had a semester left, so he said just go to school since I had never just gone to school and not worked at least one other full time job during my adult life. I will admit, it really sucked when I left and I was super depressed for about 6 months. After I finished my MBA he convinced me to sit for the CPA, something I had never really thought about doing. I passed it, and decided to freelance instead of going back to the corporate world. 8 years later I am so happy that I didn't go back to the bullshit.

I realize that doing something on your own isn't an option for everyone, but my point is that sometimes what seems like a huge blow actually ends up being a really good thing. I would have never thought about doing what I am doing now if not for getting screwed over. I was a total corporate drone before then, just trying to do what I needed to do to move up through the ranks and please my bosses. Now I get to do what pleases me. The situation changed me and if I did go back to the corporate world it would be a whole different game, and I think the whole situation helped me grow. Once I finally embraced the change I stopped being depressed and found the good in all that happened. I wouldn't say jaded is a bad thing, I just think it means you take everything with a grain of salt and don't believe the bullshit. I think that's actually a good thing, and you have to look out for YOU!

Funny thing is, in my situation, the guy they hired couldn't handle my work and he quit 6 weeks later. They tried to get me to come back, at $10 an hour more than I was making, and I told them to shove it. 6 months later they closed my old department and out-sourced everyone. ha-ha! Maybe the bosses that screwed you over will get what they deserve soon too, because what goes around does seem to come around!

I would fight them on the unemployment just to be a pain in their ass, but I also get just letting it go. You have to do what is best for you and your family.

I am sorry all of that happened.

It's hard not to be jaded. 10 years ago I had spent the last year doing 3 people's jobs and being promised a promotion that I was already doing the work for. All of a sudden they brought in a guy that had waaaaaay less qualifications that me, and told me he was going to be my boss (in the promotion position) and that I had to train him, and that I wasn't qualified for the position (I had already been doing it and covering for a woman who went part time after having a kid and another woman who left that they didn't replace, so how likely is that?!) I really liked my job, so it was not easy for me to leave. I really liked my boss who fucked me over, so it was a double stab in the back. I thought we were friends.

Anyway, my husband convinced me to quit and just finish my MBA. I only had a semester left, so he said just go to school since I had never just gone to school and not worked at least one other full time job during my adult life. I will admit, it really sucked when I left and I was super depressed for about 6 months. After I finished my MBA he convinced me to sit for the CPA, something I had never really thought about doing. I passed it, and decided to freelance instead of going back to the corporate world. 8 years later I am so happy that I didn't go back to the bullshit.

I realize that doing something on your own isn't an option for everyone, but my point is that sometimes what seems like a huge blow actually ends up being a really good thing. I would have never thought about doing what I am doing now if not for getting screwed over. I was a total corporate drone before then, just trying to do what I needed to do to move up through the ranks and please my bosses. Now I get to do what pleases me. The situation changed me and if I did go back to the corporate world it would be a whole different game, and I think the whole situation helped me grow. Once I finally embraced the change I stopped being depressed and found the good in all that happened. I wouldn't say jaded is a bad thing, I just think it means you take everything with a grain of salt and don't believe the bullshit. I think that's actually a good thing, and you have to look out for YOU!

Funny thing is, in my situation, the guy they hired couldn't handle my work and he quit 6 weeks later. They tried to get me to come back, at $10 an hour more than I was making, and I told them to shove it. 6 months later they closed my old department and out-sourced everyone. ha-ha! Maybe the bosses that screwed you over will get what they deserve soon too, because what goes around does seem to come around!

I would fight them on the unemployment just to be a pain in their ass, but I also get just letting it go. You have to do what is best for you and your family.
    it was a school where i worked, and their attendance and enrollment is so damn low. they will get what they deserve.

I want to fight them again, but the last time i started yelling during the "court session" on the phone and put down the superintendent. It was wild, and I hated how much they were able to push my buttons. That's what I'm worried about that I will get pissed and go to the school to slap the shit outta the superintendent personally.

I don't know what's wrong with me. Well I kind of do. Is there such a thing as postpartum rage, because I think I have it? My husband just constantly pisses me off. I'll ask him to do something, he doesn't hear me, and I go off!
    I'm also really tired of his hoarding. I went to our tiny cement backyard today to grab a frozen dinner from the back fridge and I found two empty glass bottles not to mention our old trashcan. He's talking about selling our excess stuff, but when I try, he'll say, he needs whatever I'm trying to get rid of.

I guess this post could go into coronavirus/germaphobe/whatever.

Today, I went to my parenting class and omg! people are getting lackadaisical about the coronavirus.

[If I hadn't mentioned already, before my son was born, I started taking pregnancy/parenting classes so I could earn mommy dollars to use at the health clinic's baby store. The items in the store are things donated by people in the community. Bottles, wipes, diapers, clothes, toys, etc. It's great not having to spend $15 American dollars on 5 onesies when I can go to their store and spend $1 mommy dollar on 3 onesies. It's a great program aside from the whole preaching about God every time I've gone here lately. Don't get me wrong, I believe in the big guy, but they act like I'm not saved. I just found out the woman I used to meet with is no longer with the business and she was never preachy so I'm going to miss her.]

Back to the story.

So... I go to the business and everyone is not wearing masks. WTF?! This business is a health clinic so they should know the importance of wearing a mask etc. Also, thank God, we meet one on one and it's not a big classroom. Strike one.

Strike two, while we were in the small room, the volunteer told us she was okay with us not wearing our masks. I looked at my husband and shook my head, because I don't care what she says, he's wearing that damn mask even though I hear he's not wearing it a lot while he's working. Men!

I don't know why I started speaking in baseball terms, but I don't think I'm going to be taking anymore parenting classes until I need to. I have $50 something mommy dollars and I can still visit the boutique. I don't feel comfortable being in a room with a preachy person not wearing a mask.

Oooh! I was going to vent about this, but changed my mind, now I changed my mind again.

After our parenting class, we were supposed to go grocery shopping, but instead, my husband rode off with his friend to go buy oysters in Jacksonville leaving my baby and I behind, because "The baby is tired. All he needs is boob and he'll instantly go to sleep."

Haha! Jokes on me. It took an hour after my husband left to get my baby to lay down for his nap. I was taking a shower when baby started crying. I took a shower only because I was out in public. Otherwise, I would've waited till asshole got home to take my shower so I didn't have to worry about baby crying which he did.

I guess this post could go into coronavirus/germaphobe/whatever.

Today, I went to my parenting class and omg! people are getting lackadaisical about the coronavirus.

[If I hadn't mentioned already, before my son was born, I started taking pregnancy/parenting classes so I could earn mommy dollars to use at the health clinic's baby store. The items in the store are things donated by people in the community. Bottles, wipes, diapers, clothes, toys, etc. It's great not having to spend $15 American dollars on 5 onesies when I can go to their store and spend $1 mommy dollar on 3 onesies. It's a great program aside from the whole preaching about God every time I've gone here lately. Don't get me wrong, I believe in the big guy, but they act like I'm not saved. I just found out the woman I used to meet with is no longer with the business and she was never preachy so I'm going to miss her.]

Back to the story.

So... I go to the business and everyone is not wearing masks. WTF?! This business is a health clinic so they should know the importance of wearing a mask etc. Also, thank God, we meet one on one and it's not a big classroom. Strike one.

Strike two, while we were in the small room, the volunteer told us she was okay with us not wearing our masks. I looked at my husband and shook my head, because I don't care what she says, he's wearing that damn mask even though I hear he's not wearing it a lot while he's working. Men!

I don't know why I started speaking in baseball terms, but I don't think I'm going to be taking anymore parenting classes until I need to. I have $50 something mommy dollars and I can still visit the boutique. I don't feel comfortable being in a room with a preachy person not wearing a mask.

I assume this is tied to the hospital? Whatever medical facility it's tied to, I would make a formal complaint. Sorry, not sorry. These people know better, and they should be setting an example.

Thread Information