Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Oh boy...that's a double whammy. Not only do you worry about her, but now what happens with your Mom needing assistance? That's a doubly bad situation. I hope the stroke is mild and she got help quickly.
    Yes. I really love Ceci she is one of the best people I know. And I feel so guilty... OMG what are we going to do now. One of the ladies who used to work for is is able to give us a few hours, but she has a different full time job so... Hopefully Ceci will make a quick recovery and if need be we can get someone to come do the transfers and heavy work and Ceci can come back and just be grandma sitter, but can I trust her not to do too much???
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yes. I really love Ceci she is one of the best people I know. And I feel so guilty... OMG what are we going to do now. One of the ladies who used to work for is is able to give us a few hours, but she has a different full time job so... Hopefully Ceci will make a quick recovery and if need be we can get someone to come do the transfers and heavy work and Ceci can come back and just be grandma sitter, but can I trust her not to do too much???
    Yeah, that's bad that you have to worry about both Ceci and your Mom at the same time. I'm glad that you have someone that can at least step in somewhat. You have a lot going on-try not to get too stressed yourself! (I know, easier said than done).

Yeah, that's bad that you have to worry about both Ceci and your Mom at the same time. I'm glad that you have someone that can at least step in somewhat. You have a lot going on-try not to get too stressed yourself! (I know, easier said than done).

I'm sorry about Ceci Puzzld. What an upsetting situation to be in.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm banned from posting or commenting on Facebook for 3 days, because of hate speech.
    A member of a group I'm in asked for advice on things she should do in her 20's that the older people wished they had done.
    I told her learn how to change your own oil, save money, leave toxic relationships, and I said guys are stupid. And that's what got me banned. I'm sorry, but guys are dumb at times. I think I'm leaving Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm banned from posting or commenting on Facebook for 3 days, because of hate speech.
    A member of a group I'm in asked for advice on things she should do in her 20's that the older people wished they had done.
    I told her learn how to change your own oil, save money, leave toxic relationships, and I said guys are stupid. And that's what got me banned. I'm sorry, but guys are dumb at times. I think I'm leaving Facebook.
    One of a billion reasons why I've been saying forever that social media is awful. If everyone got off FB I think we would have a better, less crazy society. And everyone is dumb from time to time, but I guess we can't say that anymore.

We're at trivia night and our trivia partners both have bronchitis and they showed up. Wtf. They claim they're not contagious, but still. She's mad at me for questioning the severity of the illness.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Grrr. My mom has been in the hospital. They sent her home today. With IV antibiotics. The nurse who did the training was specific. 4 times daily 6 12 6 12. OK. Then as mom's caregiver was checking her out at 3 they were doing an infusion. And she told Ceci 3 times daily. ??? 3 11 7. So?? Many questions later. No one is really sure. So the latest instructions are do the 11 then someone will figure it out tomorrow.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Grrr. My mom has been in the hospital. They sent her home today. With IV antibiotics. The nurse who did the training was specific. 4 times daily 6 12 6 12. OK. Then as mom's caregiver was checking her out at 3 they were doing an infusion. And she told Ceci 3 times daily. ??? 3 11 7. So?? Many questions later. No one is really sure. So the latest instructions are do the 11 then someone will figure it out tomorrow.
    Ugh, that's frustrating. Did the discharge paperwork back up the 3 or 4 times daily? I'm glad your mom finally got to go home.

I would call her doctors office and verify what times they need to be given. Does she have an iv cathater or a port? Its very important they are given correctly. What issue did she have?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ugh, that's frustrating. Did the discharge paperwork back up the 3 or 4 times daily? I'm glad your mom finally got to go home.
    Nothing in the paperwork!!! They are just such a mess over there. We have very detailed instructions, and an hour class on how to do the infusions, but nothing with dosages. The hospital says 3 the infusion center says 4, but their pharmacist say yeah, that's a big dose! So for now they are saying 3 but we'll confirm. Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I would call her doctors office and verify what times they need to be given. Does she have an iv cathater or a port? Its very important they are given correctly. What issue did she have?
    Unfortunately two different parts of the same hospital aren't in synch. She has a port. She has a kidney stone that they can't blast and is to frail for surgery. The kidney stone apparently keeps causing uti's. Then she ends up in the hospital with a massive infection that nothing oral will treat. Blah. We've done the IV thing several times before and never had a mess like this.

Unfortunately two different parts of the same hospital aren't in synch. She has a port. She has a kidney stone that they can't blast and is to frail for surgery. The kidney stone apparently keeps causing uti's. Then she ends up in the hospital with a massive infection that nothing oral will treat. Blah. We've done the IV thing several times before and never had a mess like this.
    Can they do lithiotripsy to break up the stone? I'm sorry you guys are having to go through all of this!

Can they do lithiotripsy to break up the stone? I'm sorry you guys are having to go through all of this!
    Apparently not. They blasted a couple of stones, but this one is apparently badly positioned and they can't get a clear shot at it.

Apparently not. They blasted a couple of stones, but this one is apparently badly positioned and they can't get a clear shot at it.
    Well that sucks. I didn't know they had to be situation just right and it was so precise. I would have thought the waves could cover a general area. Stupid non cooperating kidney stone!

Is she in a lot of pain?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm sorry that you're going through this Puzz I hope you get it straightened out and that she heals up quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm sorry that you're going through this Puzz I hope you get it straightened out and that she heals up quickly.
    Finally have an answer. The version the hospital was giving was more powerful so it only needs to be given 3 times a day. The version we can do at home is weaker, so needs administered more often. So if people would just hush if they don't know whats going on. So now with all the confusion we're of schedule and trying to get to something a little more reasonable, but for now it's looking like 9 tonight and 3 in the morning. GRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Is she in a lot of pain?
    Right now, yes. But not always, if the stone decides to travel or an infection flares up, she's miserable, but if the damn stone would move a little more they might be able to blast it, so it's a mixed bag.

Puzz. I can't tell you how sorry I am that she's in pain and that you're dealing with morons that can't get shit straight.

We aren't cattle. We're PEOPLE.

Sending everything I can to make sure that your Mom gets through this with as little pain and complications as possible

End note:

I'm so sick and tired (literally) of our healthcare system. With the taxes they take and claiming to be a "Major Power", healthcare shouldn't be a struggle. Ever.

You know what's the best way to celebrate a day that is set aside to remember those soldiers that died in the many wars we love to start? By setting off QUARTER STICKS OF DYNAMITE! Yes, kids. M-80s everywhere today because we all know that veterans love reliving their time trying to avoid being killed over and over again. My dogs also love it! Thankfully, one is old and a little deaf and spent half his life in an area where this was the norm so he seems to be okay, but my rescue girl isn't having it and is shaking and having the hardest time.

What really pisses me off is that I literally doubled (and now tripled after rent increases) my rent to move away from this bullshit and here I am paying triple and now back to square one. Yay for me.

If there's anything this past year has taught me, it's how idiotic and SELFISH the general public is and they're making sure to remind me of this all day today. Can't wait for it to get dark and having an all out battle field going on because morons are all about "ooooohhhh loud sounds and pretty fire and being dicks to our neighbors is fun".

/rant

I've never seen fireworks for Memorial Day before, but I went into the grocery store earlier and they had a big display. I would be ok banning fireworks from anyone except the professional pyrotechnics people.

I fucking hate fireworks. Sorry you have to hear them BB and that your doggie is scared.

I've never seen fireworks for Memorial Day before, but I went into the grocery store earlier and they had a big display. I would be ok banning fireworks from anyone except the professional pyrotechnics people.
    Yeah, well not to generalize but I'm going to generalize.

Latinos LOVE fireworks. They set them off at any chance. My next-door neighbor in Boyle Heights was on the local news being arrested for having 300lbs of illegal fireworks stored at his car shop.

4th of July? I kind of have to give a pass to that because it's expected. It's going to happen and I know it's happening and I'll even sit out back with a fire in the pit and take video because it's like EVERYWHERE ALL OVER AND HUGE DISPLAYS. That's a sight to see and I can't say that I don't enjoy it because on that ONE DAY out of the year you're letting these assholes let loose and get it out of their system.

But here, it's become every Saturday no matter what time of year and it's this FUCKING M-80s and shit that isn't even fun to look at, just basically sounds like you're blowing half a mountain away to collect aggregate. That bullshit only means one thing to people setting them off. To be as disruptive and as much of an asshole as humanly possible because you're a complete dick. They do it on random Wednesdays at 3am just to wake everyone up and set off a slew of car alarms and for no reason but to be an asshole.

Every time a team wins? Fireworks. Every time there's any holiday ever? Fireworks.

I hope they all blow off their hands.

Meanwhile, there are legitimate people with PTSD that can't handle that shit and it's as if they're doing it just to make them suffer. It's a power thing. It's the same mentality of people wanting converted AR-15s so that they feel like they have a bigger penis when they are two inch minute men.

Yeah the fireworks are annoying. We've had issues here, all throughout the year. And we get these "mysterious booms" late at night, almost every night. They are SO loud. Rumor is people are throwing M-80's and driving away. Like, why???

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yeah the fireworks are annoying. We've had issues here, all throughout the year. And we get these "mysterious booms" late at night, almost every night. They are SO loud. Rumor is people are throwing M-80's and driving away. Like, why???
    It's the M80s that piss me off the most. They have zero purpose except to disrupt everyone else's sleep and peace.

Thread Information