Page 101 of 135 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3352

Thread: Vent Here , about anything

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    fucking viking paper. i'm not going to write it. there is extra credit available that is worth the same amount of points as this paper so i'm just going to do that instead.

i hate my teacher, his lectures are boring. he hasn't even addressed the vikings and expects us to write a paper on the part of viking life that no one knows about. the only reason we know so much about viking culture is because the monks recorded the fucking raids. vikings did not record their everyday life ffs.

my mom is pissed that i'm not doing the paper, but i don't think it will hurt my grade. i am having an issue writing about history. it's not like i can find anything new to say about it, unlike essays for english or psych or any other class. history is history because people already know about it.

ugh. this semester is going to suck. why can't he just be a teacher who makes us memorize and take tests?
    Ah comeon! History is the best subject to write about...

Write about Viking women and sexual harassment.
    http://www.hurstwic.org/history/arti...text/women.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

the only thing people really know about them was written by the people they raped and pillaged. they were good at sailing. the end.
    Yeah, that about sums them up.

Fascinating people.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I don't think I've ever had to study anything about the vikings, ever.

The most I know about vikings is that ride in the Swedish district of Epcot.
    They have a weak secondary.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Are you guys joking? The Vikings have a complex and fascinating history, for starters. Women were fucking vikings, something just recently confirmed.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle20331819/

Second, if you go to college, you are going to write research papers, and those are always going to be about subjects that aren't being taught in the class but utilize the research methods and thought process/analytical skills that the class is focusing on. College isn't about teaching hard facts, it's teaching people how to analyze, interpret, etc.

Are you guys joking? The Vikings have a complex and fascinating history, for starters. Women were fucking vikings, something just recently confirmed.

Second, if you go to college, you are going to write research papers, and those are always going to be about subjects that aren't being taught in the class but utilize the research methods and thought process/analytical skills that the class is focusing on. College isn't about teaching hard facts, it's teaching people how to analyze, interpret, etc.
    If that were true, there'd be more movies.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Exactly why it produces so many libtards!

They need a "Braveheart?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Exactly why it produces so many libtards!
    People thinkin n shit. Caint haive none of that there.

they don't make movies about strong, powerful, independent women, silly. if there were a movie about viking women they'd be dumb, exposed, oversexualized, and their only role would be as the prize won at the end of the flick. you know, just like nearly every other movie ever made.

Also what the fuck is Thor if it's not a viking movie? There are tons of movies about vikings. Like, almost every nordic legend is about Vikings. The Vikings' sense of astronomy is mind-blowing.

the only thing people really know about them was written by the people they raped and pillaged. they were good at sailing. the end.
    Have you done any research at all? Archaeology has uncovered a lot about the Vikings. I think it's fascinating to see the effect they have left in our modern day world.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    they don't make movies about strong, powerful, independent women, silly. if there were a movie about viking women they'd be dumb, exposed, oversexualized, and their only role would be as the prize won at the end of the flick. you know, just like nearly every other movie ever made.

Also what the fuck is Thor if it's not a viking movie? There are tons of movies about vikings. Like, almost every nordic legend is about Vikings. The Vikings' sense of astronomy is mind-blowing.
    But they had a colored and an Oriental in Thor!!!!!!

Hey, it could be a lot worse. Like having to write a term paper on Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia.

I didn't write a rough draft, I just pulled shit as I went along. I got the highest grade in the class-a 90% I only got that grade because I had a strong thesis statement, I cited sources correctly, used proper sources and my format was correct. Two people plagiarized and got kicked out of school.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

i should have posted this gripe a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Pffft, I didn't see Thor.

And that's just one movie.

Hello!! Ya'll forgot one of the most important Viking movies ever ... How to Train Your Dragon. It's a must-see. And one of the main characters is a female ass kicker:

Ani, you should try to work that into your paper

Haha I guess that might not be so great for history class, but it would have been perfect for the Film as Literature class I took in college.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I got a vent... So my boss's dad passed and for the first 2 weeks of school I was acting manager over our cafeteria. There's a shitload of paperwork, orders to be made, posting payments on accounts, setting up accounts, yada yada yada, all the stuff managers do. While I'm filling in for her, I'm juggling her stuff and my stuff. Since manager's stuff trumps assistant manager's, my shit got behind. I stayed late every day for two weeks. So there was a stack of production reports on my desk that I have to find time to finish, and the big boss comes in and wants to know why my shit isn't done. And my boss didn't say anything to the effect, "She kinda had her hands full." I feel like a shit because I'm slightly annoyed. But damn.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

This shit pisses me off!!! And breaks my heart at the same time....

Sacramento court records detail investigation into dog?s drowning

Meet William David Meek Jr., alleged dog killer.

Meek is the 47-year-old Citrus Heights man being sought by authorities for allegedly killing his girlfriend?s 12-year-old border collie, Zelda, by tying a bowling ball around her neck and dumping her into the American River to drown.

He is the subject of at least six cases filed in Sacramento Superior Court since 2003, with arrests on charges ranging from robbery to burglary to possession of a controlled substance, a case in which he failed to appear for a hearing last Friday during which authorities had hoped to arrest him.

The arrests of Meek, a former construction worker, never resulted in prison time in California nor much public scrutiny. Until now.

On Monday, as word of how Zelda died began to spread through the media, neighbors where the dog last lived spoke in profanity-laced outrage over Zelda?s fate.

?I?d tie a rope around his neck and throw him in the river if I wouldn?t go to jail for it,? said Harry Terrill, whose yard backs up to the home where Zelda and her owner, Mollie Wasemiller, were staying with a friend until recently. ?I hope they swing the son of a bitch because he?s got it coming. Anybody who can do that to a dog doesn?t deserve to live.?

Even Meek?s former stepmother said she was horrified at the allegations, and vowed to contact police if she heard from him.

?I?ve been shaking,? said a tearful Judy Meek, who was married to Meek?s father for 27 years until their divorce a few years ago. ?I don?t understand why he would have done something like this.?

She described her stepson, who is known to friends as ?Billy,? as a ?good kid, very personable,? and that he had no history of abusing animals.

?He had dogs over the years and always took really good care of them,? she said, adding that she has not spoken to him in five years.

On Monday, as word of how Zelda died began to spread through the media, neighbors where the dog last lived spoke in profanity-laced outrage over Zelda?s fate.

?I?d tie a rope around his neck and throw him in the river if I wouldn?t go to jail for it,? said Harry Terrill, whose yard backs up to the home where Zelda and her owner, Mollie Wasemiller, were staying with a friend until recently. ?I hope they swing the son of a bitch because he?s got it coming. Anybody who can do that to a dog doesn?t deserve to live.?

Even Meek?s former stepmother said she was horrified at the allegations, and vowed to contact police if she heard from him.

?I?ve been shaking,? said a tearful Judy Meek, who was married to Meek?s father for 27 years until their divorce a few years ago. ?I don?t understand why he would have done something like this.?

She described her stepson, who is known to friends as ?Billy,? as a ?good kid, very personable,? and that he had no history of abusing animals.

?He had dogs over the years and always took really good care of them,? she said, adding that she has not spoken to him in five years.

Meek, who also is known by the name ?Meeks? in court filings, is charged with one felony count of ?willfully, maliciously and intentionally? killing Zelda in June after the black-and-white dog supposedly bit Dona Reed, a woman who was allowing Wasemiller to stay with her and her family in a small rental home in North Sacramento.

?I got bit when I was petting Zelda,? Reed later told a detective, according to documents filed in Superior Court. ?There is a lot going on in my house with kids around, so I think the dog was overwhelmed. ?

?I just told Mollie the dog could not stay here because I was worried about her biting the kids.?

What happened next is a matter of dispute, with conflicting stories spelled out in court documents.

Authorities first learned of the case just before 2 p.m. on June 17, when an area resident called the city?s 311 telephone line and reported a dead dog floating in the river near River Park.

?The dog appeared to be purposely drowned,? a case summary filed in court states, adding that ?it appeared that the dog?s leash was tied to a bowling bag that contained a bowling ball and a large river rock.?

Animal control officials began investigating and found the dog had been microchipped, which allowed them to determine it had come into the city animal shelter as a stray in 2008 and that Wasemiller was the registered owner. Authorities contacted Wasemiller that same day, and she told them that her boyfriend had taken the dog to Sacramento?s Front Street Animal Shelter, court records state.

Meek told them the same thing, saying he had ?taken the dog to the shelter to be put down because it had been biting,? court records state.

Investigators told Meek there was no record of him dropping the dog at the shelter, and he ?then advised he lied and that he had given it to a friend.? The supposed friend was contacted and told investigators he didn?t know Meek or Zelda, court records say.

The day after the dog was found dead, Wasemiller, who indicated she had owned Zelda since she was a puppy, came to the animal shelter and told investigators that she originally had lied about Meek taking the dog to the shelter, court records state. Instead, she claimed ?that she had given the dog to a homeless person.?

The investigation continued for weeks, with animal control officials interviewing Meek, Wasemiller and Reed.

None of the three could be located for comment Monday, but Reed told a detective the first she heard of Zelda?s fate was when she was contacted by animal control officials.

?I was so upset when he told me what happened,? she said, according to court documents. ?I love dogs and would never want one hurt.?

Court records say that before Zelda was found dead, Sacramento?s 311 dispatch system received three separate phone calls about the dog, two from a man claiming to be Wasemiller?s boyfriend and the third from Reed. Each of the calls was about the dog biting Reed and, subsequently, Wasemiller, and seeking help from animal control.

The records also state that Meek told differing stories about what he did with the dog, claiming at one point he had taken it to a shelter in Citrus Heights, then saying he had taken it to the Front Street shelter.

But Meek was unable to provide any paperwork proving he had turned the dog in or to accurately describe the employee who works at the front counter, court records say.

?I asked Meek again what he did with the dog and after about 60 seconds of him becoming visibly tense, squeezing his lips together, his face turning red and his eyes beginning to water, he finally told me the summary in following,? an investigator recounted in court documents.

The story Meek told was that he took the dog to a friend because Wasemiller was worried Zelda would be euthanized because of the biting issue, court records state.

?I advised Meek that his story did not make sense?,? the detective noted, according to court documents.

Meek and Wasemiller later moved out of a 16th Street motel where they had been living, and authorities were unable to locate them. On Friday, when Meek was scheduled to appear in court on a separate case, they were poised to arrest him, but he never showed.

The Del Mar Way home where Wasemiller and Zelda were staying in June was vacant Monday. A man who said he was the father of the property owner was painting and cleaning the house to prepare it for renting again.

Carl McReynolds said he had heard the story about the dog, and could not comprehend what had happened.

?The thing is, I mean, take the dog to the pound or whatever,? he said. ?I mean, shooting it would be better than that.?

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/09/30/674...#storylink=cpy

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Alright. I'm just going to give a little background to the story here. Ex and I got divorced in 09, and we had joint custody until 2011 and then he took full custody of them after a suicide attempt on my part. (Not something I'm proud of and will regret until my dying day) I'm allowed supervised visits with my mom only, which is so stupid anyway because I have NEVER been a threat to my kids. He's remarried to someone who acts like she cares about my children to everyone, but from what the kids say and little shit that I hear, I don't think that is so. They get in trouble for everything. I've been told by my son (who is almost 8) that all of their toys are taken away and he thinks they were thrown away. My ex calls me on a regular basis saying that his wife is going to leave him and my kids are to blame. And every time this happens I tell him that if he doesn't want them, because that is what it sounds like, then I will happily take them because I do want them and we can change the paperwork. He never wants to do that.

Now, fast forward to today. Today is my day to have my kids all day. I get a text from him saying that my daughter is sick, so it will just be my son today. I get there to pick him up, and ask to see my daughter so I can love on her. He tells me that she is quarantined to the bathroom, and that if I really want to go see her and risk getting sick, I can. Of course I don't give a fuck about being sick. She is my child. I go in there, and she's literally laying on a pile of blankets on the floor, right next to the toilet, with a small tv in there for her to watch movies. The door is closed, and the light is off. I go back later to drop off my son, and the babysitter is there. First of all...why is it ok for the babysitter to watch over her, but not her own mother? I go in again to see my daughter and she is still in the bathroom, but the light is on, and the door is open, and she is showered and in fresh clothes. The babysitter tells me that she got her to shower and got her into some clean clothes because he other clothes smelled so bad. It literally sounds like they put her in there with some gatorade and left her there.

I was so angry when I left that I immediately texted the ex and asked him how it was that he justifies it in his mind being totally cool to quarantine his child in a bathroom. Keeping her in her room is one thing, but on the bathroom floor? Next to the toilet where people shit? No. Just no. How can anyone think this is ok? How can anyone not want to love on their sick child and not feel sad that they are feeling so icky and just lock them in a bathroom? Ugh. I feel sick, and of course he's not responding to me, which is just pissing me off more. What do I do? Can I file a complaint?
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

i have never in my life heard of sticking your kid in the bathroom while sick. what is wrong with her room and a trashcan?

of course you can file a complaint, but you have to be serious that there is an issue with him and you have to be willing to consider that the kids might end up somewhere not with you or him. have you asked the courts to revisit the custody issue?

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    He called me and we yelled at each other and I am left crying as usual because he threatens to take them from me any time I want to disagree with his manner of parenting. My first order of business is going to be trying to amend the custody order. At least to have them unsupervised, because that is stupid.

And to answer your question, ani, I don't think I am ok with them going to someone other than he or I. (Foster care) And I know how lax child services can be anyway, so I don't even know if it would do me any good to file a complaint.

Sorry, I can't think right now.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

If you can show you're the more stabile parent, you may be able to get them back.

if you file a complaint than they have to investigate and you at least have a record of what is going down, which may prepare you for a fight to get the kids back if it comes down to that.

ugh. your poor sick girl. i'm sorry.

Thread Information