Thread: Neo Babson Maximus - missing since 12 Oct 2007 - Bipolar

Olivia

Neo Babson Maximus - missing since 12 Oct 2007 - Bipolar

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID =8477907

The search continued Friday for a 22-year-old UMass Dartmouth senior who has been missing since Saturday, according to the man's father.

On Friday evening, Neo Babson Maximus, who legally changed his name from Charles M. Allen, had still not been found, according to his father.

"They have turned up nothing, and they've done a very extensive search," said Charles M. Allen Sr., who lives in Haverhall. "At this point, where nothing was found, we have to wonder: Where has he gone?"

Mr. Allen said he and his wife went to Dartmouth Friday and that the police had been focusing their searching efforts on the wooded area behind Wal-Mart on Route 6.

Mr. Maximus is bipolar and had recently stopped taking his medications, according to Mr. Allen.

"Basically, it's been that we've not had any contact since last Thursday," Mr. Allen said.

Mr. Maximus has a credit card linked to his father's account, but has not used it in the time he has been missing, said Mr. Allen.

Mr. Allen said he and his wife are trying to increase the media coverage beyond the SouthCoast area in the hope that it will aid the search efforts.

"We hope he's out there still, just trying to hide from something," said Mr. Allen. "But we don't know, and we just still hold a lot of hope."

His myspace is really well written. 

Re: Neo Babson Maximus - missing since 12 Oct 2007 - Bipolar

wonder why he changed his name
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Olivia

From the myspace -

I was the first person he ever told regarding his name change. I remember we were sitting in my room back in September of 2007 and he told me his reasoning for changing it was because he started to dislike his name because he wanted something unique, something different. His life became revolved around tennis to the point where it was a complete obsession. He watched tennis, played tennis and talked about tennis more then anything else. From watching Tennis so much and becoming better at it himself he noticed the names of a lot of famous professional tennis players and believed that one day he too would become a professional tennis player. He also thought that it would be a good idea to change his own name to something more memorable and different so that along the way of getting noticed from playing tennis; more and more people would start hearing his new name and he would become famous by it.

I already knew how he came up with the name “Neo Babson Maximus” before he even told me since I know a lot about him and we have been best friends since High school. However, for those of you who are curious; he chose his first name to be Neo from the Matrix who was his favorite movie character of all time. Neo was also his trademark name in the very popular online first person shooter games known as Half-Life and Counter-strike. He chose Maximus to be his last name from the Main character in Gladiator since that was his favorite movie. Babson was chosen as his middle name since it is a family name.

Olivia

www.findcharlieallen.com

he looks so normal....

I would think that anyone that legally changes their name to a character from the Matrix just might have a penchant for the dramatic. I think this kid is lost because he wants to be lost.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

http://www.turnto10.com/northeast/jar/news.apx.-content-articles-JAR-2007-10-18-0018.html

Police Find Shoes Belonging To Missing Student

Thursday, Oct 18, 2007 - 08:04 PM Updated: 08:30 PM

DARTMOUTH, Mass. - Police found a pair of shoes Thursday belonging to a UMass-Dartmouth student who's been missing since Oct. 12.

Neo Babson Maximus, also known as Charles M. Allen, was last seen early in the morning in the area of College Lane.

"One of the things we've done is we were able to obtain the sole pattern from the sneakers that the person was wearing," said Lt. John Garcia of the Marion Police Department.

NBC 10's Larry Estepa said searchers found the shoes off Chase Road heading into the woods.

Police concentrated their search Thursday on a 4-6 square mile area not far from campus.

"We're going to cover all of the areas, including the areas we've been covering over the last few days a little tighter," said Capt. Scott Brooks of the Dartmouth Police Department.

Estepa said volunteers on horseback have also joined the search effort.

Maximus, who is a senior at the school, has a history of medical issues that may have contributed to his disappearance.

Police said Maximus had an apartment in New Bedford, but hadnt been seen there in a while.

Maximus is 22 years old, about 5-feet, 11-inches tall with a slim build, with short brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with any information about Maximus is asked to call Dartmouth police.
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

http://community.myfoxboston.com/blogs/Bob_Ward/2008/04/26/NE_Unsolved_Neo_Babson_Maximus

NE Unsolved: Neo Babson Maximus
    Bob_Ward's Blog
    by Bob_Ward from Dedham

Apr 26, 2008 | 4:45 PM
    Category: News

Tonight's (4/26) New England's Unsolved takes on the case of Neo Babson Maximus, a UMASS-Dartmouth senior missing since October.

This is a very troubling case.

Neo's given name at birth was Charles Allen, Jr. But Neo legally changed his name to Neo Babson Maximus the summer before he disappeared.

His family tells me the name Neo changed his name because he thought he would have more success at tennis with an unusual name.

And in case you are wondering what the name means: Neo comes from a character in the Matrix movies, Babson is a family name, and Maximus from the film Gladiator.

Neo suffered a bi-polar disorder, and life was not easy for Neo or his loving family. The name change may have been a result of Neo's disorder.

The day Neo disappeared it appears he suffered a manic episode. He didn't make much sense to his mother, father, and sister when he talked to them on the phone. He sounded paranoid, and he talked about living in Texas or Florida.

Soon after Neo vanished, a confused man broke into a Dartmouth home, waking a sleeping woman in her second floor bedroom. The man apologized, and then lept off the second floor to the ground, and ran into the woods. It was likely Neo.

Neo's backpack has been recovered, his cell phone and the cell phone charger have not.

Searches of the area soon after Neo disappeared produced no trace of Neo, and another intensive search, with dogs, is planned for the coming weeks.

There is one intriguing lead in this case upon which Neo's family is pinning all hope. Shortly after Neo disappeared, a witness told police he saw a man fitting Neo's description talking to or approaching (it's not clear) a truck driver on Route 6 in Dartmouth. The truck was an auto carrier, but the carrier was empty, as if it had delivered all of its cargo.

Some believe Neo may have hitched a ride with the truck driver out of New England.

This is not as far fetched as it may sound.

Neo's family tells me he is a very intelligent and very persuasive young man. They also tell me he has the ability to not only memorize credit card numbers, but on at least one occasion, Neo managed to convince a clerk to accept that number without any form of ID. It would seem Neo has the survival skills he would need to get away and stay away.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Neo hitched that ride, and is living in Florida or Texas as he discussed the day he disappeared.

It's also possible Neo is still in the woods of Dartmouth, waiting to be found.

You can only imagine the heartache Neo's family is suffering.

They've hired private investigator John Lecesse to track Neo down, and they are doing everything they can to find him.

If you think you can help, if you have any idea who the truck driver is (police have not been able to locate him), please call Dartmouth Police at 508.997.9900.

Thanks for your help!

Bob Ward

BONES FOUND IN MISSING PERSON CASE
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Volunteers searching for a University of Massachusetts student who went missing about a year ago have found bones in a wooded area of Dartmouth.  Authorities could not immediately say whether the remains found Monday were those of Charles Allen. A Dartmouth police officer, Robert Levinson, told WFXT-TV that it had not even been determined yet if the bones were human.  About 200 volunteers began a search over the weekend for the UMass-Dartmouth senior, a Haverhill native who also went by the name Neil Maximus, nearly a year after he disappeared without a trace from the campus.  A police search of the woods where he was last seen turned up his sneakers and backpack last year.

Then I read somewhere else that the bones that were found were not human... but the article was dated October 13, 2008, and the one I just posted above is October 14, 2008...so I don't know.

[quote author=brie star link=topic=17522.msg1129731#msg1129731 date=1230344862]
    Then I read somewhere else that the bones that were found were not human... but the article was dated October 13, 2008, and the one I just posted above is October 14, 2008...so I don't know.
    [/quote]

Good find, brie star!

They were deer bones, according to the Boston Globe on 10/14/2008
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/10/14/husbands_double_murder_trial_to_begin/

DARTMOUTH
    Deer bones found during hunt for student
    A group searching for Neo Babson Maximus, a University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth student, discovered animal bones yesterday in the area where Maximus disappeared last October, according to a spokesman for Bristol District Attorney C. Samuel Sutter. State, local, and campus police responded to a call about noon for bones found near Lucy Little Road, spokesman Gregg Miliote said. The medical examiner determined last night that the bones were deer remains, Miliote said. Maximus, also known as Charles M. Allen Jr., was last seen Oct. 12, 2007, near College Lane in North Dartmouth. Police do not suspect foul play, but Maximus has a history of medical issues, which they said may have contributed to his disappearance. Maximus is described as a white male, about 6 feet tall, with a slim build, light-brown hair, and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing sneakers and dark sweat pants with a red stripe and carrying a white, long-sleeve shirt.
    A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information