Thread: Another kid has party - invite on myspace - over 400 people turn up

Olivia

Another kid has party - invite on myspace - over 400 people turn up

Let me know if there is a thread on this.  He isn't exactly a criminal but the cops were called.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24567218-1242,00.html

A search for Will Hiller brings up this myspace - age and place match.  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =47059243

Surveying his trashed purpose-built party yard, Will lamented how a bash for friends at his Mona Vale home was ended by police after the invitation appeared on MySpace, The Daily Telegraph reports.

More than 400 people piled into the yard which Will and his four house mates had done up as "Tropicana Bar," complete with sand, couches and a hole doubling as a pool.

It was so out of control they had to call police to their Darley St home themselves, with the party ending abruptly on Saturday night.

In pictures: Will's bash

"If you see it on the internet, try and cancel your party," the 20-year-old Macquarie University student said in a warning for others yesterday.

"It was supposed to be a tropical party, we just told a few friends. It spiralled out of control, most of the people we didn't know ... everything got pretty trashed, we haven't had a chance to clean up.

"We have had a party before, it went really good, I guess word has kind of spread. That is probably ruined now."

Neighbour Tatum Snoyes said she saw a stream of teenagers climbing her fence to dodge police at 10.30pm, with the crowd breaking her three-year-old son Riley's trampoline.

"I said to my partner, 'They're trying to be a Corey'," she said.

"Corey" is Melbourne teenager Corey Worthington, who shot to notoriety after more than 500 people gatecrashed his party causing more than $20,000 damage.

A Volvo parked in the yard of the Mona Vale home was trashed, sprayed with red paint and neighbours said at one point there was an axe hanging out of the boot.

"That was Nathan's car, my roommate, I don't know what happened to it, he didn't drive that car before though," Will said.

Hundreds of beer, vodka and wine bottles were strewn across the yard, in the car, in a disconnected spa perched on a mound of dirt and in the purpose built bar.

Streamers, coloured balloons in a tree with a sign pointing out the bar were all still in place yesterday.

Will was quick to reject any similarities between himself and Corey Worthington.

"I don't want to be portrayed as that type of character," he said.

Fellow organiser Oliver Halfacre, 20, said he was grateful to police officers for intervening.

"I was talking to one, saying thanks for being so understanding and I am not sure if it was a bottle or a can hit him in the face and I knew things were getting heavy," he said.

Detective Inspector David Walton yesterday said an invitation to the party was put on MySpace and he said it should serve as a warning to all party hosts.

He said Will and his friends would not be punished because someone else posted the party details online.

Another party held at the same property in August had also been advertised on MySpace.

Re: Another kid has party - invite on myspace - over 400 people turn up

I don't know who I'd be more mad at:
    Myself, for wanting to throw the party.
    Myself, for putting an invite on myspace
    or the douchebags who showed up and trashed the place  :-(

from the way the article suggests is that someone besides the people that lived there posted it on myspace 

I am "me" and if you dont like it....FUCK OFF!!!

At least this guy is showing some remorse... unlike that idiot Corey.

But come on, like what do you expect to happen once you've advertised your party on a social networking site? It's pretty much a proven fact that Generation Y are a bunch of dumbasses. (I feel qualified to say that because I am a Gen Y-er :-)) 

well it depends on who you have as your friends on myspace. if you just add any fucking idiot to have 244723837 friends and then post a bulletin about a party at your place, be prepared for all those idiots to show up. If I posted a bulletin about a party, I think 7 people would end up there :lol:
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Yeah, I agree with that, but most people that are my age on my friends' list are always like "Whore me!" or whatever it's called and they post pictures of themselves on other people's profiles and get you to tell your friends to add them, so they end up with 5000 friends, of which they actually know about 10 of them. Maybe I'm the only one with idiot friends who use Myspace to boost their egos!

I have less than 100 friends, including bands. Apparently I'm a dork

Thread Information