Thread: Amy Fitzpatrick missing 1st January 2008

Amy Fitzpatrick missing 1st January 2008

http://www.missing.ws/_missingPersons/missingPerson.asp?id=735

Amy Fitzpatrick

Missing from Spain since 1 January 2008

Born: 1992

Height: 1.65m

Hair: Black

Amy Fitzpatrick, 15, is from Dublin Ireland. She has not been seen since the evening of New Years Day 2008, when she left her friends home in the tourist resort of Riviera del Sol, on the Costa del Sol at around 10pm on the 1st January 2008
    Amy has black hair, is 1.65m tall, and was wearing brown crushed track suit bottoms and a T-Shirt with the word ‘Diesel’ when she was last seen

Please help find Amy. If anyone has any information, please get in touch with the 24hr hotline

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =371935980

There is lots of videos of her on the myspace.

www.missingamy.com

www.helpfinda.bebo.com

Olivia

Re: Amy Fitzpatrick missing 1st January 2008

04 Jun 2009 •
    She went missing 17 months ago from Mijas and we need your help to find her

BY ALFREDO BLOY

WHEN Audrey Fitzpatrick, the mother of Irish teenager Amy Fitzpatrick, who went missing 17 months ago on January 1, 2008, received a call from a man claiming he knew where Amy was, she thought all her prayers had been answered.

A week ago, Audrey received a call from a man with an African accent asking her if she was Amy’s mother.

Kidnapped

She explains in an exclusive to the EWN: “He went on to say he knew where she was. She had been kidnapped and was in Madrid and the police were not to be involved. So I agreed, of course,” says Audrey.

“He then said he’d ring me back with a name and address in two hours. Five hours later, after sitting with my phone in my hand and my heart in my mouth, I got a text to say, and I quote:

‘Can you pay us 500,000 euros. Yes or no send your ans now and will send you all the info you need.’

“The phone number on this text is 672 564 687. I’ll also give you the number he rang me on, too: 672 564 681,” she says.

Audrey commented that the Guardia Civil and her private investigators followed up on these numbers, but they are both pre-pay, and have never been registered.

“But maybe one of your readers somewhere might recognise the numbers.” Audrey appeals.

Audrey Fitzpatrick has taken on private investigators who have been working on Amy’s case since last year.

They are the same detectives the McCanns used, who are based in Barcelona and fly down to meet with them.

They are following up on names that they think might be significant, mainly two English people.

Disappearance

On New Year’s Day, 2008, at 10pm, Amy Fitzpatrick said goodbye to her close friend Ashley Rose, with whom she had been babysitting Ashley’s brother at her friend’s house in Mijas Costa.

Amy should have arrived at her home on the urbanisation Riviera del Sol in Mijas Costa, near Fuengirola, at about 10:10pm, as it was only a short walk away. But, she never arrived home and has not been heard from or seen since that night.

Amy, an Irish girl, was 15 at the time; she has black hair, blue eyes and a pale complexion. She is 1.65m tall.

At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing dark-coloured crushed velvet tracksuit bottoms and a black T-shirt with the word ‘Diesel’ on it in various different colours. She had no money, phone or passport (as she was still on her mother’s).

Sick bastard

“After the text, I fell apart. I’d being holding on for those five hours praying for news, and then even after that, two hours later, he texted again saying he was still waiting on my answer,” says Audrey. “Even if he has no news on Amy, he is some sick bastard,” she ends.

Any information to 0034 617 561 319 missingamy@live.co.uk www.missingamy.com
    http://missingamy.com/wordpress/

Whoa, this development came just last week after 4 yrs of nothing -

Amy's stepfather stabbed her brother to death. His Dad said he had never spoken about his sister's disappearance, but in the week or so before he was killed he had begun to open up & share details, leading his Dad to believe he knew something significant about what happened to Amy. Was the step-father residing with Amy in Spain at the time of her disappearance? Early media reports mention that Amy had begun to run away from home before her disappearance.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...issing-sister/

In the comments at the bottom it says the Irish press were far more explicit & said the 23 yr old was about to go to the Gardai with what he knew (the stabbing took place in Dublin)

For anyone interested in the background, the following link will take you to the official/family-endorsed site which has a catalogue of media reports in chronological order -

http://www.missingamy.net
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-02-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: fixin pix

Amy's stepfather, David Mahon (pictured) has been arrested by the Gardai for the stabbing death of Amy's 23yr old brother, Dean. Mr Mahon claims it was self-defence.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news.../29297450.html

But was subsequently released without charge as investigations continue-

http://www.thejournal.ie/dean-fitzpa...26079-May2013/
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-02-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Man, sounds like he killed Amy and the brother was going to the police, so he killed the brother? That's....not a good way to avoid jail time.

Amy's mother says her husband is "a good man" & she forgives him for her son's death

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29308080.html
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-02-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Amy's mother says her husband is "a good man" & she forgives him for her son's death

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29308080.html
    Which story is the step dad sticking to-self defense or accident? Because those are two different scenarios. Also that chick is a shitty mother.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah, if it is what happened it's no wonder that poor kid was running away from home when the family was in Spain. One of the older articles had a comment that she hadn't been to school for 12mths before she disappeared. So she was cut off from friends & family she could've talked to back home & then she was isolated in Spain as well & it doesn't sound like Mum was approachable when her kids had issues with their step-dad if she finds even stabbing her son to death forgiveable. I'm losing the sympathy I was feeling for her when I first read this.

Killing him to avoid jail is the self-defence, getting caught is the accident? Of course, it could all be a horrible coincidence, I'm very much more inclined to believe in them after the last week I've had on MDS. & at this stage I can only find the biological Dad saying the brother knew something, but given the circumstances, it's possible his real father's the only one he'd confided in so far.

Killing him to avoid jail is the self-defence, getting caught is the accident? Of course, it could all be a horrible coincidence, I'm very much more inclined to believe in them after the last week I've had on MDS. & at this stage I can only find the biological Dad saying the brother knew something, but given the circumstances, it's possible his real father's the only one he'd confided in so far.
    So if the step son confided in his biological father can't the bio dad pass that information on to the police? That poor man has 1 child missing/presumed dead and another murdered.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Her mom is a piece of shit. Ain't no way I would stand behind a man who killed my child. He did something to Amy as well..I promise.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

OR the brother killed her.

OR the brother killed her.
    That was my first thought. Maybe the step father and brother are/were both in on it.

Mum & step-dad are both fucking pieces of work. She skips her sons funeral due to "a panic attack" & he calls off the search for Amy??

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Fiv....html?mob-ua=Y

The article linked directly below appeared today & calls for renewed focus on Amy's case amid concerns her disappearance is now being over-shadowed by her brother's murder

http://www.herald.ie/lifestyle/why-w...-29328262.html
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-07-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Amy & Dean's devastated (see pix) Mum has now managed a solo (except for journalists/photographers) visit to her son's grave. However a sombre visit the pub to quell her panic attacks was required before she could find the strength to approach her son's grave for a private & respectful goodbye.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepa...ave-visit.html

Last edited by blighted star; 06-07-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Mum & step-dad are both fucking pieces of work. She skips her sons funeral due to "a panic attack" & he calls off the search for Amy??

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Fiv....html?mob-ua=Y

The article linked directly below appeared today & calls for renewed focus on Amy's case amid concerns her disappearance is now being over-shadowed by her brother's murder

http://www.herald.ie/lifestyle/why-w...-29328262.html
    How is the step father not in prison? I understand there is not enough evidence to convict him of his step daughters murder, but what about the step sons?

Amy's father and aunt had their own separate search going. It seems to have been wiped from the internet, but I did find this. http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...ely-existence/
    ...We’ll highlight the facts – and let the discrepancies speak for themselves.

Speaking to dozens of friends and family members over the last fortnight, the Olive Press has managed to piece together a clear snapshot of Amy Fitzpatrick’s life two years running up to her disappearance in January 2008.

While most wanted to remain anonymous – a curious anomaly in a case like this – Amy’s father Christopher Fitzpatrick, who lives in Dublin, reveals that he was fearful over the lifestyle she had been leading in Spain.

So concerned was he over her wellbeing (he is estranged from Amy’s mother Audrey) he even hired his own private detective Liam A. Brady to dig more deeply into the case.

The information received so far has led them to launch the new campaign.

Talking exclusively to the Olive Press, Fitzpatrick said: “I am concerned over the lifestyle Amy led in Spain and I hope the authorities will be investigating it in the near future.” His concerns are backed up by a key, crucial letter – the alleged words of which have been seen by the Olive Press – in which a mother of one of Amy’s friend’s purportedly pleaded to the Irish authorities to take her into care for her own safety.
    ...While we have been unable to put this to the named family, who now live in the UK, it appears that already at the age of 13, Amy was regularly missing school, staying away for long periods of time with a number of different families and appeared generally isolated.

Among our discoveries, it emerges that she:

• Was not enrolled for school in the three months before she went missing

• Often turned up at friends houses in the middle of a school day looking for someone to hang out with

• Hated living in Spain and wanted to return to Ireland

• Spent long periods staying at friends houses and even ‘occasionally slept in a field’

• “Looked malnourished” and sometimes seemed hungry

• Would regularly go out late to bars and nightclubs from age 14

• Allegedly smoked marijuana and had panic attacks after drinking alcohol.

There is no doubt that Amy was a regular fixture in the transitory, often seedy, world of nightclubs along the Costa del Sol.

Among the places that Amy would frequent at the age of 14, are Lineker’s Bar in Fuengirola Port and various bars in the El Zoco centre, in Calahonda.
    It's a long article: http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...ely-existence/

The link to the missingamy site in my first post has many of the missing articles reproduced & in chronological order. All the developments of the past 5 yrs are there. It doesn't have the Olive Press article above but it has a series of interviews with family & her teenage friends addresing the claims in the original British tabloid article.

If you click the link in my first post, then select "news reports", you'll be able to scroll through chronologically & read almost every major development in full.

& while I'm here, it's really been bugging me but I think her Mum, from some angles, reminds me of the late Arkie Whiteley (Aus expat & actress/daughter of artist Brett Whiteley)
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-08-2013 at 04:34 AM.

The father' s page:
    http://www.searchforamy.com/

This sounds a bit vague, but for what it's worth, from

http://www.thesun.co.uk/irishsol/hom...or-safety.html

MISSING teen Amy Fitzpatrick felt under threat TWO years before her disappearance, a secret letter has revealed. The explosive document — obtained by the Irish Sun — also told of her abduction fears before she vanished on New Year’s Day in 2008. The letter — compiled by a woman the schoolgirl had stayed with during her time in the Costa del Sol, Spain — was sent to the Irish Embassy in Madrid. Amy’s pal’s mum later fled to England over safety concerns attached to the area of the Costa she lived in.

One shocking extract from her letter read: “If Amy is picked up it is probable she will disappear.” She added: “There is an obvious danger to Amy, who has been threatened. “Amy is scared for her own safety in terms of possible violence. My family will also be at risk of threats of violence. “We are doing all we can for Amy but we need help. Spain is not a safe place for Amy.” Some of Amy’s other friends also revealed that many believe she has been murdered. Others are convinced she was sold to the sex trade in north Africa. And the letter also raised concerns about Amy’s tragic brother Dean, 23, who had been involved in a number of rows in Spain before he returned to Ireland and was later killed.

We tried to contact Amy’s mum Audrey, 45, about the contents of the five-page document — but she was not available for comment. Audrey has vowed to continue the search for her missing daughter. A close relative of Audrey’s partner Dave Mahon, 42, who admitted killing Dean three weeks ago, said the pair were “out for the day”. Mahon claimed he stabbed the dad-of-one in the stomach because he was acting in self-defence. Victim Dean’s grieving mum was unable to attend her only son’s funeral after falling ill. But Audrey was snapped having drinks in a north Dublin pub after his burial. The relative said: “People can’t expect Dave and Audrey to stay in the house all day. “They’re entitled to go out and it’s just a pity the court case wasn’t on sooner rather than later.”

Amy’s crusading aunt Christine Kenny has vowed to raise the issue of her niece’s disappearance with Justice Minister Alan Shatter. She said: “We will never give up the fight to find Amy or to get justice for Dean. “I contacted the Justice Minister but his office asked me to send something to him in an email. We hope the investigation could be reopened in Spain at some stage.” Dean’s devastated partner Sarah O’Rourke, 28, met with gardai last week as part of their investigation into the lad’s killing

Man. This sounds like some super dark underworld shit.

This explains it more clearly, & if it's true it really sux. She would've only been 12 years old at that time.

from -

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish...illing-1956025

A shocking letter predicting Amy Fitzpatrick would go missing was sent to authorities before she disappeared, the Irish Sunday Mirror can reveal.

The message appealing for help was sent in 2005, nearly three years before the 15-year-old vanished from her home in Spain.

The letter, written by the mum of Amy’s pal, was sent to the Irish embassy in Madrid and claims she wanted to move back to Ireland.

It reads: “It is probable she will disappear. Amie [sic] is scared for her safety.”

The letter detailed how unhappy the 15-year-old schoolgirl was living in Spain.

The letter, seen by the Irish Sunday Mirror has emerged as Amy’s family are reeling from the tragedy of her brother Dean’s killing at the hands of his mother’s boyfriend, Dave Mahon, three weeks ago.

In the hand-written missive sent to the Irish Embassy in Madrid, a woman whose daughter went to school with Amy on the Costa del Sol, raised serious concerns about her welfare.

The woman, who is known to have housed Amy on at least one occasion, claimed the teen

She wrote: “It is probable that she will disappear”, before adding: “Amie [sic] is scared for her own safety. We need something in writing. We have pleaded with the Embassy.”

It is understood, however, when Amy’s mum alerted Spanish police over her disappearance she told the officers Amy was under no physical threat from anyone in the country.

In the letter, the friend’s mum asked for the authorities in Ireland to investigate the claims and said she was in regular contact with embassy staff. She also claimed Amy told her she wanted to live in Ireland.

Amy moved to Spain in 2004 and went to live with her mother Audrey Fitzpatrick, her mum’s partner Dave Mahon and her brother Dean. Her father

The message reads: “She [Amy] wants to live with her father.”

-this is the letter referred to in oh right's post maybe??
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-16-2013 at 06:36 AM.

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stori...secret-diaries

Amy's diaries reveal hatred for stepdad Dave Mahon

SPANISH police are being urged to formally interview the self-confessed killer of Dean Fitzpatrick about the disappearance of his sister Amy, after crucial new evidence appears to have emerged.
    SNIPPED

The Sunday World can disclose that Debbie Rose and her daughter Ashley - whose house Amy left to walk home from and was never seen again - maintain the 15-year-old had her pink mobile phone with her when she left their Spanish pad on New Year’s Day 2008.

Five months later, Audrey produced the same phone during an interview on RTE’s Late Late Show.

“She said she found it in their apartment,” says an insider.

“But how could it have been in the apartment if she never made it home from Debbie Rose’s house that night?”

Debbie and Ashley Rose have tried to contact the Spanish police about the phone, but mystifyingly they have not been interviewed about it by cops.

The pair insist Amy used the mobile phone in their place to get numbers from it to call Audrey and friends from their house phone on New Year’s Eve.

Friends and relatives of Amy say the teen was constantly having fights with Mahon.

In one extract in her diary, on January, 19, 2006, Amy writes: “Dave is being a d**k as normal, accusing me of taking money. WTF wud I do dat. He has no f**kin rite 2 say I tuk it da stupid, bald, ugly WNKER!”

In another entry she says: “I stayed at Lisa’s last night cuz Davey wuz being a d**k as normal.”

And in her last known correspondence, in the summer of 2007, she confirms in a hand-delivered letter to Audrey’s niece Nikki, who was on a trip to Spain at the time, her intense dislike of Mahon.

“You do know I don’t really like Dave and it was nice to talk about him to you. When I have fights with him I usually go mental, but when you’re here you calm me down.” Ashley Rose last night confirmed Amy’s “hatred” of Mahon.

Troubled Amy left Ashley’s house in Mijas Costa, Spain on New Year’s Day 2008 to take the short walk home.

She was never seen again and her best friend paints the picture of an unhappy teenager who longed to return to Dublin to live with her father Christopher.

“Amy never got on with Mahon,” Ashley insists. “She hated him. She was definitely unhappy in Spain and she just wanted to go back to Ireland.

“She was being bullied at school and hated living with Dave. Maybe that’s why she wanted to move to Ireland.”

Over the Christmas, Amy spent a lot of time staying with Ashley and said she often stayed at other friends.

Amy’s prayers had been answered when she was told she was going back to Ireland before Christmas, but the trip was cancelled by Audrey because of financial reasons.

“She was devastated,” says Ashley. “She came to my house crying her eyes out, saying ‘I don’t know what to do – I hate it here’.”

Amy’s relationship with her brother Dean – who she shared the house with (they have one younger stepbrother) – was like “any brother and sister”, according to her best friend.

Audrey went to Dean’s removal on Monday evening, but missed the burial on Tuesday morning, at first citing illness and then later claiming she could not face seeing him lowered into the ground for fear of having a panic attack.

She visited his grave on Thursday, but also spent some of the day boozing with Mahon, whom she has stood by, saying she “loves him but hates him”.

Dean was stabbed to death by Mahon last Saturday week at the apartment he shares with Audrey in what he says was a tragic accident.

There was a bitter court battle between Audrey and Christopher over his burial, with a judge ruling it should be left in the hands of his partner Sarah, the mother of his young son Leon.

It has emerged Mahon previously physically threatened Dean, who sources say had lately begun to “open up about Amy”.

The Sunday World has been in touch with Spanish police over the potential new evidence about Amy’s phone.

“Our investigation into Amy Fitzpatrick’s disappearance remains open,” was their only official comment.

This contrasts with a local court in Fuengirola deciding to provisionally close the case.

A court source said: “The judicial investigation into Amy Fitzpatrick’s disappearance was provisionally closed in April 2010. It is not being actively investigated... but the case could be reopened at any time.”

Christopher Fitzpatrick says he will “never forgive” Mahon for killing Dean. The 42 year-old admits stabbing his step-son but says it was a tragic accident while he was defending himself from attack.

The MissingAmy site is gone.

That's weird??
    It might've been moved - is this the same http://www.searchforamy.com/

There's this fb - seems to be Mum & Step-dad or their supporters running it
    https://m.facebook.com/missingamyfit...472822058&_rdr

http://www.missingabroad.org/missing...my-fitzpatrick

Single knife wound killed Amy's brother

ANDREW PHELAN – 17 AUGUST 2013 07:00 AM

DEAN Fitzpatrick died after he was stabbed in the abdomen at an apartment in north Dublin, the coroner's court has been told.

The brother of missing teenager Amy Fitzpatrick was fatally injured in the incident last May.

Dean's father Christopher attended the opening of the inquest at Dublin District Coroner's Court today.

Neither his mother Audrey nor her partner, Dave Mahon, were present.

The coroner, Dr Brian Farrell adjourned the inquest to January after hearing Garda investigations into Mr Fitzpatrick's death were ongoing.He said he was taking preliminary evidence.

Inspector Donal Waters from Coolock Garda Station said he was applying for an adjournment because investigations were ongoing.

WOUND

Mr Fitzpatrick (23), of St John's Court, Artane, was fatally stabbed at an apartment at Burnell Square apartments, at Northern Cross, on the Malahide Road on the night of May 25.

The father-of-one was rushed to Beaumont Hospital but pronounced dead soon after. In a deposition read out to the court, Christopher Fitzpatrick said he formally identified his son's body to Inspector Luke Lacey at the hospital on

Dr Farrell said he was aware of some of the circumstances of the case but could not comment further at the moment.

"That is fair enough," Mr Fitzpatrick replied. His sister was also present in

Deputy State Pathologist Dr Michael Curtis performed the autopsy and in his report, he stated that the cause of death was a stab wound to the abdomen. Dr Farrell said the death certificate was now available if required. He adjourned the inquest to January 27.

Dave Mahon (42), the partner of Dean's mother Audrey Fitzpatrick, was arrested following the death but released without charge.

Mr Mahon has admitted to gardai that he stabbed Dean, but insists it was in

Gardai are preparing a file for the Director of Public prosecutions.

A 12-inch carving knife was produced during the row and Mr Mahon is believed to have told officers he stabbed Dean as he feared for his life.

Speaking after being released from Garda custody, Mr Mahon said: "It was a complete accident."

The Fitzpatrick family is well known, having run a campaign for five years in an effort to progress the search for Amy. Amy and Dean went to live in Spain in 2004 and were living there with their mother and her partner, Dave Mahon, when Amy went missing.

She was last seen walking home from a friend's house near Mijas on the Costa del Sol at about 10pm on New Year's Day 2008.

hnews@herald.ie
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-11-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Thread Information