Slim
    Eyes:
    Blue
    Hair:
    Light Brown
    Complexion:
    Fair

Circumstances
    REDMAN, an employee of Green Peace at the time failed to turn up for work and did not collect his pay. REDMAN took no money, bank books or personal belongings. It is believed REDMAN may have changed his surname to MOORE.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =87936784

From his about me- Owen was reported missing by me on 21/02/1991 after his girlfriend called me to tell me that she hadn't seen Owen in several months.

I know this is very old one but i at least still find them interesting.

Thought I recognised the name. Owen is Australian. He's always seemed vaguely familiar, but maybe I'm just remembering his photo.

For a while some thought he might've been the unidentified young guy known as "Grateful Dead Fan", but there was no match.

They've done an age progression for Owen. His family in Australia are still very much wanting to find him. His brother still regularly posts to the fb page & Twitter he set up to help find Owen.

https://m.facebook.com/HelpFindOwen?...747184905&_rdr

http://www.australianmissingpersonsr...OwenRedman.htm

There are a lot of sites for Owen. This family continues to do everything humanly possible -

https://mobile.twitter.com/FindOwen

His Doe Network entry
    Missing since February 21, 1991 from Brunswick, Victoria, Australia Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: October 8, 1966
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 9 1/2"
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Light brown hair; blue eyes.
    Slim build.
    Clothing: Jeans, green shirt, silver ring of Indian design.
    AKA: Owen Moore, Stuart Moore

Circumstances of Disappearance Redman, an employee of Green Peace at the time of his disappearance, left his house in a distressed state. He had split with his partner at the time. He did not take his belongings with him. He failed to turn up for work and did not collect his pay. Redman took no money, bank books or personal belongings.

Victoria Police investigators believe Owen Redman may have moved to an outlying Aboriginal settlement or cattle station in either Western Australia or the Northern Territory. To date Mr. Redman has not contacted any family members or friends who remain concerned for his welfare. It is believed Mr. Redman may have changed his surname to Moore.

A letter to Redman's brother written in 1992, stating that Owen had died of a drug overdose, is believed by the brother to have been written by Redman himself. Ongoing investigations through the years have been fruitless.
    Brunswick is in innercity Melbourne. In 1991 it was a mix of Uni students, punks, addicts etc. Everyone was either in a band or knew somonewho was. I had a bunch of friends from Newtown in innercity Sydney who moved to a band house in Brunswick. Newtown was an old working class suburb close to Sydney Uni that was described by some as "bohemian" & a lot like Brunswick. There was a lot of hitching up & down the Hume between Melbourne & Sydney to catch bands or festivals. 1991 was the time of the Backpacker murders. Quite a few of the Milat victims were travelling from Sydney to Melbourne & vice versa.

The o.d story isn't that farfetched considering where he was living. I lost a friend just that way in Brunswick in 1991, but his brother is a better judge of that note than the rest of us. The "living with Aborigines" theory doesn't really hold up though. Someone would've noticed a red-headed whitefella by now.

Brunswick, Vic. Australia.

Police are appealing to the public for assistance in relation to the disappearance of Brunswick man Owen Redman. Mr Redman was reported missing in February 1991. He was 25-years-old at the time of his disappearance and would now be 38-years-old. Police have been told Mr Redman has failed to attend work, he did not collect his wages and his money, bankbooks and passport were located at his address. Mr Redman was born in Tumut, NSW and moved with family to the Northern Territory and Queensland before moving to Victoria in the early 1980s. Mr Redman spent some time in NSW in 1989.
    Owen's father, John, and brother, Dylan, said he had become depressed over relationship problems and suddenly left his house, leaving almost everything he owned behind.

Police were told he failed to attend work and did not collect his wages while his money, bankbooks and passport were found at his Brunswick home.

"The last time I saw him was in 1990, around about his birthday on October 8," John said.

"He was upset he had split with his partner at the time."

Dylan made a tearful plea for his brother to contact him yesterday as he relived the pain of more than a decade of wondering about him.

"I really miss him and I just want to know he's OK," Dylan said.

"It doesn't matter what he's into or where he's at, I don't care.

"I just want to see him, or at least know, get some sort of closure on this whole thing.

"It just seems so stupid not to know where someone's at, and they're so important to you.

"I love my brother and I just want to know, is he OK? Is he dead? Is he overseas having a great time? I just want to know, yes or no, is he still around?"

Last week the family was given access to police findings about his disappearance.

Dylan, 33, believes a letter written in 1992, stating that Owen had died of a drug overdose, may have been written by his brother.

"We just want him to contact us," Dylan said.

http://i2.ifrm.com/7430/130/upload/p8098139.jpg
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Porchlig...?showtopic=190

07-31-2005
    Vic: Police urge missing persons to send an email
    By Kate Lahey

MELBOURNE, July 31 AAP - Dylan Redman hasn't seen his brother for 14 years and it breaks his heart that he can't find out why.

Owen, who disappeared at the age of 25 in 1991, is among thousands of Victorians who go missing each year.

In the 12 months to July this year, 6,646 people were reported missing in Victoria, nearly 3,000 aged under 18.

Today in Melbourne, police and welfare agencies launched missing persons week, urging people to contact their family through an email, just to let them know they're okay.

For Dylan, 33, today's launch was a painful experience.

He broke down as he told reporters of the anguish he suffers in not knowing what happened to Owen, who failed to turn up to work one day and hasn't been seen since.

"He seemed a bit unhappy and pretty unstable and his girlfriend at the time ended up splitting up with him," Dylan said.

"She said that he'd tried to commit suicide a few times.

"I really miss him and I just want to know he's okay. It doesn't matter what he's into or where he's at, I don't care.

"I just want to see him, or at least know, get some sort of closure on this whole thing.

It just seems so stupid not to know where someone's at, and they're so important to you.

"I love my brother and I just want to know, is he okay? Is he dead? Is he overseas having a great time? I just want to know, yes or no, is he still around?"

Thread Information