Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Creating "Death Threads" for MDS entries

Re: Creating "Death Threads" for MDS entries

Hi there,

Just submitted an article using the submission form.  When I got to the entry asking for the myspace link I copied and pasted the facebook link I found for the deceased (didn't find a myspace one) yet I couldn't submit as I kept getting an error saying * URL is invalid (must start with http://).

The link I copied and pasted though did start with the http:// though?  I ended up just pasting the link in the additional info entry and that worked but wanted to post here to see if maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!

[quote author=nyyankeeschick link=topic=390.msg1725275#msg1725275 date=1285789069]
    Hi there,

Just submitted an article using the submission form.  When I got to the entry asking for the myspace link I copied and pasted the facebook link I found for the deceased (didn't find a myspace one) yet I couldn't submit as I kept getting an error saying * URL is invalid (must start with http://).

The link I copied and pasted though did start with the http:// though?  I ended up just pasting the link in the additional info entry and that worked but wanted to post here to see if maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks![/quote]

It isn't you - the submission page just gets cranky every now and then.   :lol:

Pasting it in the additional info is fine or if you are on the forum and you see a moderator on - feel free to PM it to them.  

Welcome to MDS.

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Trust me to read this after the fact. 

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=390.msg1725335#msg1725335 date=1285791363]
    It isn't you - the submission page just gets cranky every now and then.   :lol:

Pasting it in the additional info is fine or if you are on the forum and you see a moderator on - feel free to PM it to them.  

Welcome to MDS.

[/quote]

Thanks I'll keep that in mind for the next time - and thank you for the welcome!! 

Okay guys, since I am a relative newb (more of a lurker, really) I'd like to ask your advice before posting an article. I have searched the name of the decedent and nothing has popped up- it is a recent article, so possibly not too many views yet. The subject matter strikes close to home and is something I have personal experience with and feel folks should be aware of, which is the only reason I want to comment upon it. I know the routine is to link to the original MDS article and search the name; is there anything else you can offer before I post it? I'm kind of paranoid and expect a whole bunch of negative backlash and if that could be avoided then, well, that'd just be great!

Thanks in advance...

You've been struck by a smooth criminal

My stepdaughter committed suicide in 2010 and her death was submitted, but there is more to her story. It involves PTSD, alcohol, stress of being a LE officer. Her husband, also in LE, committed suicide in same manner 3 years before she shot herself. I don't know how to create a death thread or if I have that ability as regular new member. I think it's an important topic for discuss and what original brought me to the MDS site. Please respond. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by maudlin View Post
    My stepdaughter committed suicide in 2010 and her death was submitted, but there is more to her story. It involves PTSD, alcohol, stress of being a LE officer. Her husband, also in LE, committed suicide in same manner 3 years before she shot herself. I don't know how to create a death thread or if I have that ability as regular new member. I think it's an important topic for discuss and what original brought me to the MDS site. Please respond. Thank you.
    Do you know if there was a thread made for her? I can make one for you if you want to private message me her info.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thank you, Angiebla. I sent a PM to MDS site and Olivia created a thread for her.
    Bonnie Lea Forth Verstraete - suicide by gun 4/7/10.

Hi. Longtime lurker. I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a thread in the forum. It's an interesting case. There's a mds page for him already. http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...)_was_murdered

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article189976584.html

Here is an article that should be mentioned Jace Crehan convicted for Murdering Noce.

Note Crehan said he was a hero in that incident.

How do I post an article to the "Additional information" area? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    How do I post an article to the "Additional information" area? Am I missing something?
    I *think* you have to have a higher post count to be able to post threads. To protect us from spammers.

You can try to pass the info onto a MOD and they may be able to help you.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I *think* you have to have a higher post count to be able to post threads. To protect us from spammers.

You can try to pass the info onto a MOD and they may be able to help you.
    Yeah, send the info to me or RBW and we'll make a thread for it if you're not able to.

Thread Information