Thread: Stephanie Seabrum (36) mom of 8 kids, shot in the back during robbery

Senior Member A Midnight Dreary's Avatar

Stephanie Seabrum (36) mom of 8 kids, shot in the back during robbery

ATLANTA -- An Atlanta mother of eight was murdered outside an Atlanta check-cashing store this weekend, police said. The family made an emotional plea for help Wednesday to find her killer.

Someone shot Stephanie Seabrum in the back as she left a check-cashing store in Hightower Plaza in southwest Atlanta Saturday. Police said two men jumped her as she left the store and one of the men was caught on camera.

“This camera captures Stephanie Seabrum being shot to death,” said Detective Nicole Redlinger with the Atlanta Police Department. “Here’s Stephanie Seabrum right here and here’s the killer approaching. He shoots her and once he shoots her, he flees the area.”

“Somebody out there needs to help us find these people because she didn’t deserve this,” said Stephanie’s mother, Sharon Seabrum. "She has eight children so there are a lot of broken hearts."

Seabrum’s mother said Stephanie had really pulled her life together. Stephanie had gotten a job she loved last year as a dental assistant after going to school for it in her mid-30s. “Stephanie was doing great,” said Sharon Seabrum.

“The killer shot Stephanie Seabrum in her back. She fell to the ground right here,” said Redlinger.

Redlinger said she is hunting for evidence to pull together a case against Stephanie’s killers, one of whom was caught on a surveillance camera early Saturday morning in the seconds before and after the crime outside the store near Martin Luther King and H. E. Holmes Drive.

“’Why’ is a good question. The killers had absolutely no reason to shoot her. They got her belongings and fled the scene,” said Redlinger.

“After I heard the shot, they started running around, you know, running this way, getting ready to bend the corner so I started running behind them,” said Stephanie’s boyfriend, Gregory Parks. “But when I got around the corner, I didn’t see anybody.”

Parks was in the car in the parking lot when the shooting occurred. “I was saying, ‘Please don’t leave me, don’t leave me baby,’ and she started squeezing my hand real, real tight,” said Parks.

“With the help of God, I’m doing pretty good...so far,” said Sharon Seabrum.

Stephanie Seabrum had eight children -- ages 19 to 2 years old. Stephanie's family said her 19-year-old is in his freshman year of college.

Atlanta police are asking anyone with information to give them a call. Police said the right tip could bring a reward of up to $2,000.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17601166/detail.html

News report that has a grainy, quick video of shooting, but doesn't show much:
    http://www.wsbtv.com/video/17601440/index.html

RIP Stephanie

Re: Stephanie Seabrum (36) mom of 8 kids, shot in the back during robbery

I hope those fuckers get caught. Another "wrong place, wrong time" victim.  :-( I'm sure the community will step up and help out her kids. RIP Stephanie.

I'm an asshole.  First thing I thought when I read the thread title, "ew, 8 kids and she's only 36."  Yeah.

Horrible crime though, hopefully the kid's fathers or family will be able to help them out.  Very sad.

RIP Ms Seabrum

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=16524.msg1024720#msg1024720 date=1222910957]
    I'm an asshole.  First thing I thought when I read the thread title, "ew, 8 kids and she's only 36."  Yeah.

Horrible crime though, hopefully the kid's fathers or family will be able to help them out.  Very sad.

RIP Ms Seabrum
    [/quote]

You're not an asshole, I thought that too, but she seems to have set a good example.....going back to school to become a dental assistant. And having her eldest in college......she seemed to be doing something right. One kid, or 15....her death was senseless.

These stores need to invest in better camera's.

The whole parking lot should be under surveillance.

RIP Ms Seabrum. Those poor kids... :( I hope whoever did it is caught and spends the rest of their miserable life in gaol.

Thread Information