Thread: Sophie Bywaters (13) hit by a van crossing a busy duel carriageway

Sophie Bywaters (13) hit by a van crossing a busy duel carriageway

I was at school with both of Sophie's sisters, though the last time I saw her she was only young.

My friend's Mother committed suicide on that same stretch of road a few years ago. There is a safe place to cross not too far of a walk down (it's a couple of streets away from my house)[img][/img] but people continue to take their chances. My friend's Mother committed suicide though - stepped out in front of the car.

Tributes continue to pour in for Sophie Bywaters

Published Date: 16 October 2009

Hundreds of people have continued to pay emotional tributes to a "beautiful" teenage girl who was tragically killed while crossing a busy Northampton road.
    Sophie Bywaters, 13, died on Tuesday night after a van knocked her over as she was crossing the busy duel carriageway, close to the Wootton Fields turn off in Northampton.

Friends and classmates of Sophie continued to visit the scene of her death yesterday to lay flowers, teddy bears and leave messages of condolence.

More than 1,500 people have also signed up to three tribute pages set up on the social networking site Facebook.

Among the people who have left messages are friends and family members, as well as members of the public who have simply been touched by her tragic death.

One message left by Sophie's aunt read: "You will be in our hearts forever and the memories will keep us strong.

"You take care with granddad and show him the dance moves you showed us a few weeks ago – he will love it."

Another message written by Sophie's uncle read: "Make sure granddad stays out of trouble and does not give you too many sweets."

Another comment read: "I didn't know you but I am a mother of three girls.

"This is a tragic story so close to home.

"Maybe that bridge should have been built between Hunsbury and Wootton and this heartbreaking story would never be written."

A video has also been posted on YouTube website paying tribute to Sophie.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/Tributes-continue-to-pour-in.5739589.jp

The first picture is Sophie and her boyfriend. Uploaded to his Facebook entitled "I wish I could hold you one more time" 

Re: Sophie Bywaters (13) hit by a van crossing a busy duel carriageway

[quote author=UKBrat link=topic=22850.msg1417804#msg1417804 date=1255820229]
    I was at school with both of Sophie's sisters, though the last time I saw her she was only young.

My friend's Mother committed suicide on that same stretch of road a few years ago. There is a safe place to cross not too far of a walk down (it's a couple of streets away from my house)[img][/img] but people continue to take their chances. My friend's Mother committed suicide though - stepped out in front of the car.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/Tributes-continue-to-pour-in.5739589.jp

The first picture is Sophie and her boyfriend. Uploaded to his Facebook entitled "I wish I could hold you one more time" 

[/quote]

Small world.  I live in Northampton too

RIP Sophie

Thread Information