Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eva Poe (44) was stabbed to death by her husband before he set her on fire

Eva Poe (44) was stabbed to death by her husband before he set her on fire

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008...et_her_on_fire

this lady's daughter has an RIP album for Alexander Josh Long (http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008...eroin_overdose)

small world.

RIP Eva.

Re: Eva Poe (44) was stabbed to death by her husband before he set her on fire

This comment on Evie's profile makes me want to go home and tell my mom that I love her.

Aug 16 2008 4:18 AM

gosh..i have not written you a message in so long. It's really upsetting knowing this is the circumstance I write to you now. You never knew i sent you a mother's day card because it got sent back. I guess you never told me you moved back to the big house. I was so stubborn and I wanted to call you everyday..why didn't I? There were so many things i never got to tell you..but don't worry mom..i won't hold these things in my heart. We didn't nknow any better. I know you loved me dearly..and i loved you more than i attempted to show you..i always thought there would be time to express ourselves. Watch over us kids...keep sending us the love and strength that always thrived inside of you. What has happened to you has instilled some fear in my heart...but never hatred or anger. That's just too much emotion..whether holding onto or releasing..and even though love and kindness seemed to have deceived you and put you in this predicament, love and kindness is what will get us through this. SO MUCH LOVE...

I felt the same way about this comment. But it made me want to call my sister. I hardly ever talk to her because she's always so busy so I stopped trying.

Aug 22 2008 3:38 AM

Baby sister, so precious and dear. We may not have spoken in many years but you were always the other half of the "tag team". If not physically, always emotionally. I always promised that if something happened to you, I would be there for the kids. It will all come out in the wash and your right sweetie.....not me baby, I'm too precious. FUCK OFF. Vengeance will be mine in your name.
    Babydoll

That is such an awful way to die. I wonder if this man ever showed signs he was capable of that type of violence.

i'm in no way saying that being shot, hit by a car...etc. are any less horrible ways to die......

but being shoved in a fireplace after being stabbed is AWFUL.  it's almost an insult, you know?  i know if this were my sister, i'd feel extremely hurt that my sister not only died, but was shoved in a fireplace and burned afterward.

I found this in an article:

Poe, 44, and her husband got married in late December and were renting the house on South 37th Street. Her young son also lived with them but was spending the summer with a relative out of state.

Poe and her husband met at Biomat USA, a plasma donation center in Tacoma where she worked as a nurse and he was a patient, friends said.

“He was very charming,” said Melody Lakose, who worked as a nurse at Biomat and was friends with both. “He seemed like a really nice guy, that’s what I thought.”

He also battled depression, Lakose said.

She said Poe distanced herself from friends after she starting dating the man. Poe stopped working at Biomat in January. Friends didn’t know the two had gotten married until recently.

“She kind of cut off herself from everyone else,” Lakose said.

Last week, Poe had sent an e-mail to some friends saying she was planning to move to Oklahoma at the end of the month, Lakose said.

Poe worked most recently at North Auburn Rehabilitation and Health Center. A close friend said that Poe worked her Wednesday night nursing shift at the center. Afterward, she got into a heated argument over the phone with her husband, the friend said.

Poe’s carpooling partner went to pick her up for work Thursday afternoon but got no answer at the door.

“On Thursday, when we went over there, both cars (were) parked in driveway,” said the close friend, who spoke on condition on anonymity. The co-worker “kept on trying to call her and trying to call her. Eva’s phone went right to voice mail.”

Friends and former co-workers remember Poe as a dedicated nurse who loved her family. She never shied away from expressing her opinion and had a spunky personality.

Before her stints at Biomat and North Auburn Rehabilitation and Health Center, Poe worked for a while at Community Health Care’s Downtown Family Medical Clinic in Tacoma.

“She was the type of nurse who spent countless hours on the phone to make sure patients got their medicine, took their medicine and made their appointments,” Dr. Chad Krilich, assistant medical director for Community Health Care, wrote in an e-mail to The News Tribune. “She had a heart of gold and will be greatly missed in our community.”
    http://www.thenewstribune.com/311/story/443445.html

AND I read her daughter's blog, that is such a horrible thing!  To have to hear that something like that happened to your mother... I hope they can give him a life sentence, that would be the least they could do to help her family feel like they're getting some justice for the horrendous crime committed against their mother/sister/friend/etc.  It is now a lifelong thing for them to not have their mother in their life and all because of the selfish actions of that terrible man. 

RIP Eva Poe (watch over your family, it seems they need you)

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=portia link=topic=16513.msg1025294#msg1025294 date=1222949242]
    i'm in no way saying that being shot, hit by a car...etc. are any less horrible ways to die......

but being shoved in a fireplace after being stabbed is AWFUL.  it's almost an insult, you know?  i know if this were my sister, i'd feel extremely hurt that my sister not only died, but was shoved in a fireplace and burned afterward.
    [/quote]
    I absolutely understand what you're saying. The taking of a life is bad enough....but afterwards you'll often find people wrapped up, and/or treated with some respect.
    To do that to someone is just a lack of respect even in death, that would add extra insult to the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

What is so weird is that after he killed Evie, he changed her clothes and dressed her wounds because she looked so "bad."  Then he decided to chop her up and put her in the fireplace?  So weird.

Clearly not a sane person...

Bandaging her up because she looked bad, steam cleaning the carpet, burning her body in the fire place, removing her in pieces from the fireplace and putting her remains in a duffle bag?? (why does it always have to be a duffle bag)

[quote author=Lindstastic! link=topic=16513.msg1025853#msg1025853 date=1222977675]
    Clearly not a sane person...

Bandaging her up because she looked bad, steam cleaning the carpet, burning her body in the fire place, removing her in pieces from the fireplace and putting her remains in a duffle bag?? (why does it always have to be a duffle bag)
    [/quote]
    Most men would stand out carrying a purse full of body parts.  I would assume it was gym clothes/sneakers if I saw a man carrying a duffle bag. 

Most men would stand out carrying a purse full of body parts.

Good thinking...

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=16513.msg1025797#msg1025797 date=1222975764]
    I absolutely understand what you're saying. The taking of a life is bad enough....but afterwards you'll often find people wrapped up, and/or treated with some respect.
    To do that to someone is just a lack of respect even in death, that would add extra insult to the whole thing.
    [/quote]

Yeah I understand it too. It reminds me of the case of Tara Grant. Her husband strangled her, cut her into pieces at his Dad's tool shop, then bured each piece all over the place in garbage bags, then after learning the police were searching the area, dug up her torso and dragged it, while dropping it a few times in the snow, then finally hiding some parts in their garage. I remember being horrified seeing a show about it and feeling so bad for her family. Her husband's father commited suicide recently, probably from the shame of having a monster for a son. The husband only got 2nd degree murder too. I hope Poe's husband gets 1st degree and rots in jail.

I certainly don't understand the bandaging her wounds and changing her clothes.  That is very odd.

The daughter has a pic of him on her page...he looks young....like in his 20's.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=19443482

It also looks like the mandatory sentence the prosecution is going for is just 25 years.  I don't quite understand that considering not only the brutalness of the crime, but his attempts to get rid of evidence and his confession.

From the daughter's blog...

i have to say i have more respect for texas now than ever before
    Current mood:  annoyed

ok i acted a bit hastily when posting my last blog. im still pissed that hes only looking at the few years hes lookin at but i have a better understanding of why. the prosecutors hands are basically tied at this point. the legislator is why he will only get around 25 years. the prosecutor cant do a damn thing about that. because freakin washington is so damn liberal and wants to give everyone a second chance, and because he has no criminal background that means he will only be looking at around 25 years. im pissed and aggrivated that washington has put away people for much longer periods of time who did far less than what he did and whos crimes are by far less brutal than than this was but the prosecutor cant change the laws. stupid washington has to!! thats right you heard me all you washingtonians do something to get some justice for people like my mother whos murderer will make it out of prison by there early 50s and be free and perfectly healthy enough to take all there rage about how shitty there poor little lives were on the people you care about. im pissed off and frustrated about the justice system in washington at this point and dont know if i ever want to go back. i think want to stay in a state that would give at the very least a life sentance for something like this. fuck second chances for people like him. she gave him his second chance at a good life and look what he fuckin did with it. the stupid fuck is too stupid to get back out onto the streets

peace

i will yell more later

Evie

7:29 AM - 3 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment

Monday, September 22, 2008

info on the trial and his trial
    Current mood:  pissed off

ok so i got this email from my grandmother and she got it from my mothers cousin who is an attorney in NY. in my opinion it looks like the prosecutor isnt gonna work the case very hard so everyone that knew and loved my mother feel free to take his number down and give him a call to let him know exactly who she was and what she meant to you. he seems to think there arent enough "aggrivating" circumstances to warrent more than 20 years in prison. that means he will no older than 50 when he can be released to destroy some other family. if you cant tell im just a little pissed off right now that some drug dealer is doing life for something that no one really gives a shit about but this murderer could walk free after only 20 when he methodically and brutally killed my mother. i want this fucker dead. or at the very least locked up for the rest of his fucked up life. the prosecutors number is the first one in the letter  love to all

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...endID=93756629

[quote author=Jeneris link=topic=16513.msg1028943#msg1028943 date=1223190302]
    I certainly don't understand the bandaging her wounds and changing her clothes.   That is very odd.

[/quote]

We were saying we understand what Portia posted, not that we understand what the maniac husband did.

That's a shame he's only up for 25 years. It doesn't make sense at all, even for a "liberal" state.  Why is it that a lawyer can't mention the criminal record of someone in court if he's committed other crimes, because it prejudices the jury, yet someone without a criminal record gets credit for that? It's a double standard and as always the victim suffers in the court system.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Golda My Ear link=topic=16513.msg1028946#msg1028946 date=1223191498]
    We were saying we understand what Portia posted, not that we understand what the maniac husband did.

That's a shame he's only up for 25 years. It doesn't make sense at all, even for a "liberal" state.  Why is it that a lawyer can't mention the criminal record of someone in court if he's committed other crimes, because it prejudices the jury, yet someone without a criminal record gets credit for that? It's a double standard and as always the victim suffers in the court system.
    [/quote]
    Well you have to remember that the trial isn't just something we 'fake' or just run-through-the-motions before we toss someone in jail. When you enter a courtroom as a suspect to be judged by a jury of your peers you are SUPPOSED to be innocent until proven guilty.
    So while assuming that you're not guilty (yet) for the crime you're on trial for, there's no reason to bring up anything you have been accused/convicted of in the past.

And I don't see why you think a "Liberal" state can't be tough on crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Golda My Ear link=topic=16513.msg1028946#msg1028946 date=1223191498]
    [/quote]

I'm sure she knows that.  She was just commenting on how weird it was of him to do that, just like I did.

[/quote]

Where the criminal record is relevant and admissible is during the sentencing phase of the trial (after the defendant has been found guilty).  A criminal record or a lack there of is a factor in determining the guide lines for sentencing.  It's not a double standard.  If the defendant has a criminal record, it will be made available to the jury (or judge).

Where the criminal record is relevant and admissible is during the sentencing phase of the trial (after the defendant has been found guilty).  A criminal record or a lack there of is a factor in determining the guide lines for sentencing.  It's not a double standard.  If the defendant has a criminal record, it will be made available to the jury (or judge).
    I would assume that it's relevant during the sentencing not only due to the point system they so often use, but also to prove whether the person is a repeat offender and not a good standing citizen.  This might also help with making the argument that they deserve a longer sentence based on the fact that they have no remorse and/or lack of moral conduct. 

I didn't know it was still possible to committ the kind of crime he committed and only get 25 years in prison.  I hope he gets an all female jury of domestic violence victims.  See how fast he gets away from that one...

[quote author=Lindstastic! link=topic=16513.msg1029811#msg1029811 date=1223308370]
    I didn't know it was still possible to committ the kind of crime he committed and only get 25 years in prison.  I hope he gets an all female jury of domestic violence victims.  See how fast he gets away from that one...
    [/quote]

I wouldn't even think that it would have to be an all female jury of domestic violence victims.....anyone/everyone should be able to see that this was a brutal way to die and what he did after he killed her was just as bad.  I don't understand why 25 years is the max sentence he can get.  Why isn't life in prison an option? 

It was premeditated murder.......quote = "In probable cause documents Poe said that he has "abandonment issues" and that he was not going to let his wife leave him so he hid Eva's car keys and then put on a pair of gloves, turned off the lights, got a butcher knife out and caught the victim in the hallway and stabbed her more than 15 times while holding her by the throat and ignoring her pleas to stop."

To ever think this person can be released back into society when he killed her simply because she wanted to leave the house that night..........ugh, he should be locked up for life or get the death penalty.  No way should he ever be allowed back out to harm another person.

Femme Fatality - you are right...I was just commenting on how weird it was that he bandaged the stab wounds and changed her clothing after she was already dead. 

I've been working in law offices for over 20 years, including one that specialized in death penalty cases, and I still don't understand the reasoning for prohibiting the revelation of prior crimes from the trial.  It has always seemed to me that if you've committed a violent crime everyone should know about it and it should be brought up in a current case.  After all, these things are  public record. 

I've been working in law offices for over 20 years, including one that specialized in death penalty cases, and I still don't understand the reasoning for prohibiting the revelation of prior crimes from the trial.  It has always seemed to me that if you've committed a violent crime everyone should know about it and it should be brought up in a current case.  After all, these things are  public record.
    I think that should be relevant too.  To me, if I'm on a jury panel, it makes a difference if the person is on trial for murder and has a prior record of violence. 

I was just reading the comments on Eva's page, and it sounds like she was an awesome person, and so, so loved.  It may be cliche, but why do good people die and bad people seem to go on forever.

I was just reading the comments on Eva's page, and it sounds like she was an awesome person, and so, so loved.  It may be cliche, but why do good people die and bad people seem to go on forever.
    I don't know if anyone has the answer to that one...BUT I seriously cannot even imagine if someone did something like that to my mom.  Watch out! 

[quote author=iowablondie link=topic=16513.msg1032521#msg1032521 date=1223494432]
    I was just reading the comments on Eva's page, and it sounds like she was an awesome person, and so, so loved.   It may be cliche, but why do good people die and bad people seem to go on forever.
    [/quote]

Because Billy Joel says so.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Because Billy Joel says so.
      Funny...I was thinking of that song too.  lol. 

Only the goooood diiieeee yoouunng.....

Let's seeeee can I find another face to add to this???  LOL

Poor Eva, nobody deserves to go out this way and then be desecrated in such a manner after death. RIP Eva and may God watch over the survivors of this family in their grief and loss. 

Lindstastic! -Good eye, I think you're right. In case the family comes here, I've removed my apparently incorrect identification.

Thread Information