Thread: Cardejah Hall - Missing since 14 Feb 08

Olivia

Cardejah Hall - Missing since 14 Feb 08

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =368654628

For seven long months, Susie Hall has been hoping and praying for her granddaughter to return.
    “I dream about her every day,” the grandmother said, speaking through tears. “I dream about her coming home.”

Cardejah Hall, the Taunton woman’s 14-year-old granddaughter, who local police are calling an endangered runaway, has been missing since February.
    “I went to bed, and the next morning, when I got up for work, I heard the alarm clock going off in her room,” the grandmother recalled. “I called, and no one answered.”
    When she walked into the room and turned the alarm clock off, Hall saw that the girl had stuffed pillows under the blankets in an attempt to conceal the fact that she had left during the night.

Hall, who has raised Cardejah from the time she was an infant, officially adopted the girl seven years ago.
    “She’s lived with me since she was about 3 months old,” she said. “I got her from the DSS because her mom had some problems.”

The evening of Valentine’s Day, which is when Cardejah disappeared, Hall noticed a man in his thirties waiting in her driveway smoking a cigarette. She sent Cardejah down to see who it was, and the man said he was waiting for someone.

Hall then asked her adult son, Eric, if he was expecting someone. He said he wasn’t, but walked down to the driveway to talk to the man. As he approached, the man drove away. Hall suspects that her granddaughter may have run off with him later that night.

The teenager, Hall said, had run away with a man once before, but came home within five days. It has now been more than seven months since she has had any contact with her.
    “Please, come home,” the tearful grandmother said. “I just want her call someone to let us know she’s O.K. I love her so much.”

Cardejah, who goes by the nickname “Dajah,” is described as 5’1” tall and 115 lbs. She is black with brown eyes and brown hair. She has a birthmark on her left shoulder. More information is available at www.missingkids.com. Anyone with information about her is asked to call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at (800) THE-LOST, or the Taunton police at (508) 824-7522.

Taunton police Sgt. Honorato Santos said the department takes all missing persons cases very seriously. Whenever there is a report of a missing child, police issue a form that goes into a national database. Officers interview the child’s parents so they can learn about any identifying features and find out more information about the circumstances of the disappearance. In juvenile cases, the police typically submit the information to the National Center for Missing and exploited children, which posts a picture and description of the missing child online.

“The most important thing is to put the name into the database, the NCIC, so if police have any interaction with that person, they’re going to show up as missing person,” he said.

Santos recalled a case in which a runaway girl from Taunton was found in New York because her name came up on the NCIC list after police responded to a reported disturbance at the apartment where she was staying.

He would like to see the state have a multi-jurisdictional team devoted to nothing but missing persons cases. But, unfortunately, resources are scarce on both the state and local levels.

http://www.tauntongazette.com/news/x345114213/Runaway-still-missing-after-seven-months

Re: Cardejah Hall - Missing since 14 Feb 08

Nothing useful to add to the case, but just wanted to comment. That poor lady must be heartbroken. I cant even begin to imagine what she’s feeling. I hope she’s safe and has run off with that man. By that, I mean I hope he hasn’t been taken her against her will. I hope too that she’s not in danger and contacts her grandmother soon.

<br /><br />&quot;I have a dream&quot; and Obama made it come true!

She was found-

For nearly nine months, Susie Hall hoped, prayed and dreamed of her 14-year-old granddaughter coming home.

This week, she finally got the news she had been waiting for.

Cardejah Hall, who ran away from home on Valentine’s Day, was found Tuesday in Lawrence, said Debbie Savoia, co-founder of Community Voices, a volunteer group that advocates on behalf of missing and endangered children.

During the months that the Taunton girl was missing, Savoia’s organization helped provide support to the girl’s family. Susie Hall and her husband, Al, raised Cardejah from the time she was an infant and officially adopted her seven years ago.

The girl’s family could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

During a September interview with the Taunton Daily Gazette, Susie Hall recalled the night her granddaughter ran away with an unknown man.

“I went to bed, and the next morning, when I got up for work, I heard the alarm clock going off in her room,” the grandmother recalled. “I called, and no one answered.”

When she walked into the room and turned the alarm clock off, Hall saw that the girl had stuffed pillows under the blankets in an attempt to conceal the fact that she had left during the night.

Several weeks ago, Cardejah was spotted in Florida.

When the police began questioning people at the house where Cardejah and the unknown man were staying, the pair left the state, heading to New York and then to Lawrence, Savoia said.

When authorities found them in Lawrence, they were at an address mentioned in a letter that Hall had found in Cardejah’s bedroom in Taunton.

The girl was taken into custody on a child-in-need-of-services warrant.

Savoia said Cardejah’s family planned to take out charges on the man with whom their daughter ran away. At this point, it is unclear where Cardejah will end up.

“I’m sure they’re going to try to get her some kind of counseling and help,” Savoia said. Additional details were unavailable Wednesday night.

http://www.tauntongazette.com/homepage/x1751723014/Missing-Taunton-girl-found

This was from Nov 2008

14 year old girl running off with an older man (possibly in his 30's) good greif. Glad she's home though.
    *-Love Can&#39;t Stop The Rain-*

Thread Information