3 green onions, both green and white parts, chopped
    3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
    2 ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
    1/2 cup packed chopped cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
    1/4 to 1/3 cups freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
    1/3 cup garlic-infused olive oil
    Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste

Method

Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain, but do not rinse the pasta. Place hot pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add avocado, green onions, feta, tomatoes and cilantro. Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil and drizzle over the warm pasta. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve warm or cold.

the color nine

Re: FOOD! (Pictures & Recipes)

That looks good.  I have everything except the feta I wonder if asiago and or parmesano reggiano would ruin it.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=16399.msg1678581#msg1678581 date=1279908697]
    That looks good.  I have everything except the feta I wonder if asiago and or parmesano reggiano would ruin it.
    [/quote]

I bet asiago would be a good substitute

the color nine

[quote author=dogday link=topic=16399.msg1678584#msg1678584 date=1279908923]
    I bet asiago would be a good substitute
    [/quote]

You have given me confidence to make it then. 

Ropa Vieja

(sorry, the picture is weird and cropped for some reason)

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    2 pounds beef flank steak (ask the butcher to cut it in half so its easier to work with)
    1 cup beef broth
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 small onion, sliced
    1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
    2 - 5 cloves garlic, minced  (i love garlic so i used 5)
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 tablespoon white vinegar

1.Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the flank steak on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
    2.Transfer beef to a slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce, then add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar. Stir until well blended. Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for up to 10 hours. When done, shread the meat with two forks and serve over white rice and black beans.  Hope you like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

the color nine

I want to try and make these.

the color nine

[quote author=beli link=topic=16399.msg1679631#msg1679631 date=1280081773]
    Ropa Vieja

(sorry, the picture is weird and cropped for some reason)

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    2 pounds beef flank steak (ask the butcher to cut it in half so its easier to work with)
    1 cup beef broth
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 small onion, sliced
    1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
    2 - 5 cloves garlic, minced  (i love garlic so i used 5)
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 tablespoon white vinegar

1.Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the flank steak on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
    2.Transfer beef to a slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce, then add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar. Stir until well blended. Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for up to 10 hours. When done, shread the meat with two forks and serve over white rice and black beans.  Hope you like it!
    [/quote]

and this I want to try

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=16399.msg1679641#msg1679641 date=1280083014]
    and this I want to try
    [/quote]

its so easy and really good. the meat is tender and juicy.  i cooked it on high for a little under 4 hours. it was perfect!
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

the color nine

[quote author=beli link=topic=16399.msg1679658#msg1679658 date=1280085195]
    its so easy and really good. the meat is tender and juicy.  i cooked it on high for a little under 4 hours. it was perfect!
    [/quote]

Plus the slow cooker doesn't heat the kitchen up so that your body isn't being cooked along with the food.  Thanks for this beli.

the color nine

I see you Okac.  I know I can use jelly beans for the corn and a chicklet for the pat of butter.  What can I use for the peas and carrots?

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=16399.msg1679667#msg1679667 date=1280086252]
    I see you Okac.  I know I can use jelly beans for the corn and a chicklet for the pat of butter.  What can I use for the peas and carrots?
    [/quote]Jelly beans pushed in deeper that a portion of the round shows?

http://www.candywarehouse.com/greencandy.html?page=all

Cut green laffy taffy and roll in ball?
    Or

http://www.candywarehouse.com/limegreenbeads.html

the color nine

Good ideas, thanks!

I cheated and looked it up.  Found a recipe that says the carrots are cut-up starburst type candy and the peas are runts.

Also found that the pad of butter is a yellow starburst.

yeah, i was thinking starburst candy. yellow for the butter, orange for the carrots. green skittles put on upside down for the peas?

You guys I am making the most disgusting thing ever for dinner.  My friend gave me the recipe and says it's seriously one of the best ways she's ever eaten chicken, she's a foodie, so I want to trust her, but I still can't believe I'm making it. 

4 to 6 chicken breast halves (boned)
    1 sm. box Cheeze-Its (for crumbs)
    1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
    Salt and pepper
    1 cube melted butter

Skin chicken breasts if desired. Dip first in sour cream and then into Cheeze- Its which have been processed into crumbs. Place in a baking dish and dribble with the melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered and 15 minutes uncovered.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=16399.msg1679667#msg1679667 date=1280086252]
    I see you Okac.  I know I can use jelly beans for the corn and a chicklet for the pat of butter.  What can I use for the peas and carrots?
    [/quote]
    lol looks like you got some answers!
    if you did any of them chocolate you could do m&ms for the peas.
    or of course fondant
    ummm mike&ike cut up
    for the carrots you could use starburst cut up, could probably form the green ones into peas also
    that would probably work well for the butter also (yellow starburst)
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

ok so i was doing stuff and took like 80979874 minutes to post... looks like its been totally solved haha (i didnt look at the new posts before i posted)

[quote author=holly link=topic=16399.msg1679677#msg1679677 date=1280087800]
    I cheated and looked it up.  Found a recipe that says the carrots are cut-up starburst type candy and the peas are runts.

Also found that the pad of butter is a yellow starburst.
    [/quote]
    runts! i was trying to think of those but my 'small round candy' google search wasnt helping haha

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=16399.msg1679682#msg1679682 date=1280088824]
    You guys I am making the most disgusting thing ever for dinner.  My friend gave me the recipe and says it's seriously one of the best ways she's ever eaten chicken, she's a foodie, so I want to trust her, but I still can't believe I'm making it. 

4 to 6 chicken breast halves (boned)
    1 sm. box Cheeze-Its (for crumbs)
    1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
    Salt and pepper
    1 cube melted butter

Skin chicken breasts if desired. Dip first in sour cream and then into Cheeze- Its which have been processed into crumbs. Place in a baking dish and dribble with the melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered and 15 minutes uncovered.

[/quote]

That actually does not sound to bad. Let us know how it turns out!

[quote author=Phenobarbiedoll link=topic=16399.msg1679704#msg1679704 date=1280094370]
    That actually does not sound to bad. Let us know how it turns out!
    [/quote]
    It's in the oven now, I'll let you know how it goes! 

Any tips on meal planning?  I've really been overwhelmed lately between my new mothering group and Avi's constant need to nurse and we've been eating out around three times a week just because I don't have enough time to plan out enough meals.  I want to sit down tonight with my calendar and recipe books and plan everything out for the next month.

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=16399.msg1679732#msg1679732 date=1280098793]

Any tips on meal planning?  I've really been overwhelmed lately between my new mothering group and Avi's constant need to nurse and we've been eating out around three times a week just because I don't have enough time to plan out enough meals.  I want to sit down tonight with my calendar and recipe books and plan everything out for the next month.
    [/quote]Aren't there like 30 different kinds of hamburger helper?

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=16399.msg1679732#msg1679732 date=1280098793]

[/quote]

i just pick what im planning to make for the week and get the stuff on sunday.  i then try to prep as much as i can (cut the herbs, veggies, etc.) and put them in baggies.  i don't touch the meat, chicken or fish until the day of when i need to defrost it. oh, and im totally in love with my slow cooker.  you can start it up in the morning and have a great meal hours later.  im also real big on fruit salad.  i will make a huge one with strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and pineapple.  i keep the pineapple separate b/c of its acid.  i eat some everyday for like 4-5 days. i dont know if any of this will help, but im bored and rambling. :lol:

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=16399.msg1679737#msg1679737 date=1280099110]
    Aren't there like 30 different kinds of hamburger helper?
    [/quote]Cap-n You're funny, but brutal. You forgot the Tuna Helper!

Any tips on meal planning?  I've really been overwhelmed lately between my new mothering group and Avi's constant need to nurse and we've been eating out around three times a week just because I don't have enough time to plan out enough meals.  I want to sit down tonight with my calendar and recipe books and plan everything out for the next month.
    [/quote]

I feel for you...I really do. I have to plan 2 separate types of meals and lately it's been mainly just been cooking for my Mom or getting her something out and basically throwing together whatever I can for myself. Needless to say I have been eating a lot of rice, lol. It's hard when you've got a lot going on and no time to feel like you can prepare.

What I was doing before everything was uprooted is on Friday or Sunday sitting down and writing out what I wanted to make and what I had that went together and what I would need to shop for. I actually typed the meals out (Dinner) for each day and put them up on the fridge. I also typed out the ingredients I needed to buy and would go shopping on Sun or Mon and be prepared for the week. Also by typing them out I was able to balance the meals. My mom eats Dairy & Meat and I don't so it made it easier to see it on paper. I also used to cook ahead on Sundays, preparing things like beans, rice, grains, and fresh soups which kept during the week. (though now I am using a tiny fridge so that's not so easy).

Anyway I hope this helped. Sorry for such a long explanation....I am rambling on 2 hours sleep.

Thread Information