Results 5,701 to 5,721 of 5721

Thread: FOOD! (Pictures & Recipes)

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    That's gotta be gumbo right?
    Yessir!

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Lunch! Then again for dinner. Slammin'.

I'll take that crab claw.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

So has anyone got a Ninja Foodie? Got any good cooking tips, recipes? I was gifted one for Christmas, and if kind of neat, air fryer, grill, etc., but it seems to run very hot. If I cooked things as long as it calls for, I'd have a charcoal brick et.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    So has anyone got a Ninja Foodie? Got any good cooking tips, recipes? I was gifted one for Christmas, and if kind of neat, air fryer, grill, etc., but it seems to run very hot. If I cooked things as long as it calls for, I'd have a charcoal brick et.
    No, but I almost bought one. I find that with my air fryer I have to cook things for way less time than recommended or all my food would be crispy critters. I like the idea of the all in one thing to save space.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    No, but I almost bought one. I find that with my air fryer I have to cook things for way less time than recommended or all my food would be crispy critters. I like the idea of the all in one thing to save space.
    It is a very nice unit. Usually takes longer to preheat than to cook. I love potatoes in it. I fixed a steak. Cooked it for the ammt. of time called for for med. rare and it was med. well, which was fine, as I'm one of those people... but what if I had wanted Rare? I'd have been sad.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

It is a very nice unit. Usually takes longer to preheat than to cook. I love potatoes in it. I fixed a steak. Cooked it for the ammt. of time called for for med. rare and it was med. well, which was fine, as I'm one of those people... but what if I had wanted Rare? I'd have been sad.
    I'm not one of those people. I would have been very sad.

ETA: I have no suggestions/recommendations for you. I don't even know what a Ninja Foodie is. Obviously cooking talk. You speak a language I do not understand.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post

ETA: I have no suggestions/recommendations for you. I don't even know what a Ninja Foodie is. Obviously cooking talk. You speak a language I do not understand.
    https://www.ninjakitchen.com/exclusi...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Good Lord, what IS that thing?!?! Protect thyself!

Those look really awesome. I am so behind the times, I don't even have an instapot or an airfryer alone.

Since it functions as an instant pot, can you use it to can stuff? I have read that you can with a full fledged instant pot, and I'm interested in that. I want to do a garden and can stuff, but I saw a pressure cooker explode when I was a kid and that's the only way I know to can stuff and I'm too scared to try it with the pressure cooker now.

Since it functions as an instant pot, can you use it to can stuff? I have read that you can with a full fledged instant pot, and I'm interested in that. I want to do a garden and can stuff, but I saw a pressure cooker explode when I was a kid and that's the only way I know to can stuff and I'm too scared to try it with the pressure cooker now.
    They claim you can use it for canning, but not pressure canning. (The instant pot isn't recommended to be used that way either) https://www.reddit.com/r/Canning/com...ssure_canning/

They claim you can use it for canning, but not pressure canning. (The instant pot isn't recommended to be used that way either) https://www.reddit.com/r/Canning/com...ssure_canning/
    A lady i know does canning with her instant pot; I just assumed it was pressure canning. You can do non-pressure canning in a regular pan, so if that's the case then I don't need an instant pot. Thanks for the info!

A lady i know does canning with her instant pot; I just assumed it was pressure canning. You can do non-pressure canning in a regular pan, so if that's the case then I don't need an instant pot. Thanks for the info!
    Apparently it achieves the pressure, but not the heat you need to can non-acidic things, like beans and corn. So botulism is still an issue. So, yeah not worth the risk imho.

I don't know how to cook, but I want to learn how to make this. It looks so good!

https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-mus...-dinner-243627
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    How did I never know about this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post

Since I last visited this thread and made this comment ^^^^^ I have become the proud owner of a Ninja Foodie. Well technically, Mr. Tisha has become the proud owner of a Ninja Foodie. It is the size of a small Buick and takes up most of my... er - Mr. Tisha's counter space. It does everything. It bakes, it stews, it steams, it pressure cooks, it slow cooks, it dehydrates, it rehydrates, it slices, it dices, it programs your DVR and walks your dog twice a day. It has many buttons and makes noises that scare me (esp. in pressure cook mode). I don't know how hubby does it, but some awesome (and quick!) meals have come out of that Buick.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 03-25-2024 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Obviously you weren't around when she who shall not be named was here and posting all her sparkly unicorn word vomit in here 100 times a day. Lucky you!

ETA: I looked back and 90% of her HUGE serial posted pictures are now gone, so it's not as bad as it was, thank goodness.

Also, I found my reply to one of her posts and I crack myself up. Too bad my pic of the big mac and fries is gone. If you don't get the references you may need to back it up about 10 pages and read. IYKYK.

So we have a thing in our house where we let everyone take turns picking dinner. Today, the ghost who haunts our house got to pick, and he wanted this:

So I used my great, great Grandfather Ronald's recipe. He is from the Scottish side of the family-guess that's where I got my red hair.

I made a delicious sandwich type thing consisting of a sesame seed buns (that I made in my bread machine), beef patties (made from the finest beef that I butchered myself=For the carnivores, which is everyone in our house!), lettuce (grown in my garden of course), pickles (made from cucumbers from my garden that I put up in brine two weeks ago just for this occasion), and a sauce that my G-G-Grandfather Ronald liked to call his personal secret recipe.

I served them in biodegradable plates made from recycled material, cause I'm a hippy like that and I'm saving the environment while telling everyone how much better than everyone else I am because I am saving the planet! Winning!

I lovingly hand cut the potato wedges from potatoes I dug out of my own 40 acre garden. Then I hand blended a sauce from tomatoes from the same garden. Mmmmmmm!

To top it off we had a lovely sweetened beverage that I concocted with a little water, flavoring and a few other things. Please don't mind the drinking apparatus-sometimes we like to put the good crystal up and pretend we are regular folks.

I know that you all will be wanting the recipe because it is so delicious and awesome, but I just can't have every Tom, Dick and Harry having access to these things. They are super special to me and my family and I treasure the recipes that were passed down to me.
    Edited again to add that I see posts from you in here BWS. Obviously the trauma of her nonsense caused you to have amnesia and forget all about it. It's much better now that all her pics are gone. Lets make it a thing again, without all the nonsense.

I made this today for the first time. it was delish. I really like this blogger and her dog is adorable!

https://www.recipetineats.com/carame...shredded-beef/ Caramelised Vietnamese Shredded Beef
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 03-25-2024 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    same!
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I am always looking for good recipe bloggers. Do any of you have any good ones that you really like? Here are some of my favs:

https://houseofyumm.com/ Tex Mex recipes mainly

https://www.recipetineats.com/ Good Asian food recipes and great pics of her Golden Retreiver, lol

https://www.thebrewerandthebaker.com/ A Texan girl who makes great food. She no longer posts, but her archive is still there and I've never tried a bad recipe from her. Her homemade pizza dough is my go-to recipe.

My friend Christie has two great websites full of delicious recipes. I used to work with Christie and let me tell you, this girl can cook! She used to go home after work (stressful job) and create new recipes and then she'd bring them to work the next day. It was a totally unexpected bonus that made that particular duty assignment so special. We never had a bad dish from Christie. She's a superhard worker, a great colleague, and pure magic in the kitchen. I'm glad she's pursuing her passion now - she's been in a bbq competition on the Food Network and she's finally making food her career as a competitive pitmaster.

This is Christie's blog:

https://www.zestuous.com/

This is her Girls Can Grill website with lots of great barbecue recipes:

https://girlscangrill.com/christie-vanover/

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Obviously you weren't around when she who shall not be named was here and posting all her sparkly unicorn word vomit in here 100 times a day. Lucky you!

ETA: I looked back and 90% of her HUGE serial posted pictures are now gone, so it's not as bad as it was, thank goodness.

Also, I found my reply to one of her posts and I crack myself up. Too bad my pic of the big mac and fries is gone. If you don't get the references you may need to back it up about 10 pages and read. IYKYK.

Edited again to add that I see posts from you in here BWS. Obviously the trauma of her nonsense caused you to have amnesia and forget all about it. It's much better now that all her pics are gone. Lets make it a thing again, without all the nonsense.

I made this today for the first time. it was delish. I really like this blogger and her dog is adorable!

https://www.recipetineats.com/carame...shredded-beef/ Caramelised Vietnamese Shredded Beef
    OMG, so I did know about the thread. Busted!!

Thread Information