Page 219 of 229 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 5721

Thread: FOOD! (Pictures & Recipes)

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    making fucking mayonnaise is haaaaaaard. i failed the first time and my mom helped the second. it was made, but it tasted just like fucking best foods when all is said and done. maybe a little heavier and eggier.

now i'm waiting to put the rice on (after soaking it) and then i'mm make the filling after it's done so it can cool for a while. i hope this turns out good. if it does, i think i'll be eating various sushi rolls everyday for the rest of my life.
    Martha Stewart has a great EVOO mayo recipe. I used to make it all the time. The trick is using a stick blender. Whips up in seconds.

I would be one sushi eatin' bitch if I knew how to make it. We are all totally addicted to Cali rolls.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

my new favorite website: http://www.justonecookbook.com/

she explains everything, has tons of pictures and links to everything that you might now understand. i've learned a bunch about japanese cooking from her blog.

i am really considering making a hobby of japanese cooking and buying up all the individual plates and bowls to use. there is the idea that using the individual sections helps with portion control!

i'd like to learn the fundamentals of traditional japanese cooking and then figure out the tricks modern folks use to minimize the cooking time.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

That does sound fun. I always try really hard recipes that I see on tv just for shits and giggles. My next project is Beef Wellington.

I would be the ultimate grandma if I learned how to make sushi. My granddaughter is addicted like the rest of us. She is way more talented with the chopsticks. She is really fun to watch. She is so good at 6 years old.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    That does sound fun. I always try really hard recipes that I see on tv just for shits and giggles. My next project is Beef Wellington.

I would be the ultimate grandma if I learned how to make sushi. My granddaughter is addicted like the rest of us. She is way more talented with the chopsticks. She is really fun to watch. She is so good at 6 years old.
    do it! do it!

beef wellington? i've always heard the name but never tried it. what's the deal with it? is it like raw beef or something?

It's a cut of beef (roast) smeared with pate and wrapped in pastry. :swoon: I've tried it twice. And failed.

Congrats on the sushi, Ani!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

wow. that looks sooooo good. i want some.

Tomorrow night's dinner:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...jalapeno-slaw/

I freakin love the pioneer woman, I'm excited to try this slaw.

Here is the thread I was looking for. I declare that all Californians that think In n Out burger is the most amazing thing ever are now null and void from telling anyone what is good. Never before in my life have I been so let down by something. I was expecting magic and instead I got mediocrity. Shame on you, Californians. You broke my heart.

Sadly, not I, but I am so glad you bumped this as I can't recall seeing it before and I love food!

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This thread is really cool! Since I started working from home I have become adventurous in the kitchen and I am always looking for new things to try. We used to discuss all kinds of recipes in this thread. Not sure why it fell to the back burner...
    I'm going to begin filtering my way through this in my free time. We love trying new things at home. I'm so sick and tired of the same stuff day after day. This is a fabulous find!

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Anyone have any recommendations for some good food blogs? I am tired of all the recipes I usually make, and several of the bloggers I follow have recently quit blogging or are on hiatus due to pregnancy/crazy life. I like all kinds of cuisines, and am up for trying something new, but I am not looking for too fancy, finicky presentation type bloggers.
    Most of the bloggers I follow are food/restaurant bloggers, so not sure if that would interest you?

If anyone likes to tackle pastry type items, this website is good. http://www.pastrypal.com/recipes/ I made the eclairs with vanilla pastry cream the other day and they were delicious. She no longer blogs, but she has a lot of good sweet recipes and shows you step by step how to make daunting recipes into not so daunting recipes.

I'm open to looking at anything! Thanks!
    notquitenigella.com
    grabyourfork.blogspot.com

They are my two favourites.

This girl is okay, slightly annoying. But she has a HUGE blogroll of food bloggers to keep you going - http://www.chocolatesuze.com/

I will also tell you about this amazing pork dish I made the other night. I got a piece of pork belly and heated the oven to the hottest heat. Chucked the pork in for about half an hour until the crackle started blistering. Turned it down to 160 c and poured in a bottle and a half of pear cider. Cooked it for another 90 mins. Just before serving, I reduced the cider/pork juices and added some gravy powder to thicken it more.

AMAZING.

we didn't have corned beef last night so i told my folks i would make some today. i found this recipe i'm trying - baked hot honey mustard!

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes...f_and_cabbage/

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I will also tell you about this amazing pork dish I made the other night. I got a piece of pork belly and heated the oven to the hottest heat. Chucked the pork in for about half an hour until the crackle started blistering. Turned it down to 160 c and poured in a bottle and a half of pear cider. Cooked it for another 90 mins. Just before serving, I reduced the cider/pork juices and added some gravy powder to thicken it more.

AMAZING.
    Pork Belly is amazing, your recipe sounds amazing, and therefore you are amazing.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I love southern cooking. Of course, I follow the Pioneer Woman, but I also love these sites:

http://thesouthernladycooks.com/

http://www.deepsouthdish.com/

And my newest fave: www.carlsbadcravings.com

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

AMAZING.
    My mouth just filled with saliva. And put my dinner of cap n crunch to shame.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

oh lordy that fcb was delicious. clovey mustardy goodness. not used to cb being on the dry side though, you know, not sopping wet...

we have a food thread!! Ok each day of the week one of us gets to pick dinner and tonight it was my husbands pick so we have beer battered catfish with cornbread and cucumber salad

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Last night was my 10-year-olds pick it is barbecue pork tips with mashed potatoes and peas

I am a vegetarian so I just made myself two artichokes one for last night and one for tonight

It was the baby's turn to pick dinner tonight but since all she would pick at the store was a tomato and a bell pepper I had to get creative lol

And for me an artichoke, it is kinda an obsession really

see, this is cool stuff in the appropriate thread and i like where this is going. good job involving everyone in the meal planning... even the stupid baby!

no offense on the stupid baby thing. all babies are stupid, so i'm not just talking about yours.

It actually looks delicious..I'm hungry You should really think about grilling that artichoke...the grill flavor is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

"All babies are stupid... I'm not just talking about yours"
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Thread Information