Thread: Becky Williams-Taylor (26) passed away after a battle with melanoma

mydeathspace

Becky Williams-Taylor (26) passed away after a battle with melanoma

An acquaintance of mine from high school passed away on June 13, 2008. Her name was Becky Williams and she died after fighting Melanoma on and off since our junior year of high school (10 years ago). I was never a close friend of Becky, but my good friend Brett dated her for six months as juniors. I cannot remember any particular conversation that we had, but I do remember that we were friendly with one another and talked during lunch on "the grassy knoll".

When Brett and Becky started dating I gave him crap about a rather large mole that was on Becky's neck. I joked around about him nibbling it while kissing her. Fast forward 10 years to Becky's father speaking at the funeral of her amazing spirit and battle through her ordeal with cancer. He said that it all started her junior year with the mole on her neck. (I'm probably going to hell for that.) They had it clipped off and biopsied. It came back showing she had melanoma. (A close friend of Becky's told me at the funeral that she used to always lay out in the sun without sunscreen to tan because she was so pale. :|) I believe she went into remission a few times while her husband and young daughter stood by her side. Becky's daughter Brooklyn was at the funeral and I think she is three years old and probably too young to fully grasp what was happening even though Becky spent numerous months in bed hooked up to machines before her passing.

I saw a lot of familiar high school faces at her funeral and it's a shame that two people from my graduating class of '99 have already passed away. Both due to cancer and both people that I used to eat lunch with.   :-(

RIP Becky!

Re: Becky Williams-Taylor (26) passed away after a battle with melanoma

wow how sad. R.I.P Becky

(omg twinz! I graduated in 99 too!)

Ugh. Exactly why I think all the social pressure to tan is literally evil... it's totally unnecessary, and it makes so many people ill or worse.

RIP Becky. :(

Becky was my best friend growing up in high school. She and I were attached at the hip. I have so many good memories of her, going to Disneyland and picking up on random guys, going to the skate park, having sleepovers, going to church together, going to the beach, going to dances with our dates, and just hanging out making brownies at her house. I will surely miss Becky forever. It's been over a year since she's left us and I'm still very very sad at the thought of her and who she left behind. I visit her grave in Utah at least once a month. I remember her cancer being right behind her ear lobe, not really on her neck. I remember they removed it when she was 17 and took some tissue from behind her other ear to help smooth out the area. She was a real fighter though. She had a really loving, fun personality. Her spirit will live on in the ones who love her. I just hope and pray that her little daughter will remember a portion of her. Rest in peace, my best friend. I miss you!!!!

Im sorry you lost your friend
    My womb is empty, violently ripped apart as my last chance dreams were destroyed.&nbsp; I will never have what I want but I won&#39;t settle either.<br />RIP My Hubby 7/25/99 our babies 6/26/09 (thru recovered ICSI/IVF)

Thread Information